Wherever you will go

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yoboseyo?", Bom picked her phone up as she yawned.

 

"Bom?"

 

"Taeyang?"

 

"Hey sorry did I wake you up?"

 

"Ani", Bom lied as she tried to sound awake.

 

"Oh good cos it is one in the afternoon."

 

"WHAT?!", Bom sat up.

 

"Hahahha...Just calling to confirm about tonight."

 

"Oh yea, are you sure you want to go with me?"

 

"Of course, pick you up at 6?"

 

"Ok, see you then", Bom smiled as she ended the call.

 

 

She stretched one last time in bed before going to the kitchen. She walked to the fridge and noticed a note there.

 

 

Bom, 

 

Sorry had to leave without saying bye. 

 

There's food in the fridge so stay away from that ramyun crap you eat.

 

Enjoy the ball tonight

 

TOP

 

 

 

Bom sighed, "It'd be nice if you were coming to the ball..".

 

She opened the fridge but then closed it again, "Ramyun is food too though, what he doesn't know won't hurt him!"

 

She ran to where she hides her secret stash of ramyun, "OMO!"

 

She picked up another note:

 

 

I said stay away from this crap!

 

 

She rummaged around for her ramyun but they were all gone, "AIGOOOOOO!! DOESN'T HE KNOW I CAN'T COOK!!"

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong woke up and walked into an empty apartment again. He checked his phone, a text from Dara.

 

 

From: Dara

 

@ CL's house, going to get ready here and go to the ball. 

I'll see you l8r x

 

 

 

JIyong sighed and walked to his studio.

 

Was his relationship with Dara really going to end this easily? He raked his hair in fustration before turning to pay attention to his work.

 

 

 

*Ring Ring*

 

He looked at the caller and sighed when it was his mum calling him. CLearly she was ringing to try to see if he had found out about Dara's house situation. 

 

He gritted his teeth and tried to sound calm as possible, "Yoboseyo?"

 

"Jiyong"

 

"Neh omma", he said calmly.

 

"Um...I rang to let you know about some construction work we're going to be doing."

 

"Oh really?"

 

"Have you not heard about it?"

 

"No"

 

"Oh..good then, I mean I'll send the files over and you can look at them"

 

"Just send them to the office, I'm sure it's not that important right?", Jiyong clenched his fists.

 

"Yes, i'll send them to the office", his mother happily replied, sure now that nothing was going on with Dara and Jiyong.

 

"Ok, bye omma"

 

"Neh, bye my darling son"

 

Jiyong hung up and smashed his phone on the floor angrily. 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

TOP arrived at his destination....the pension.

 

He didn't tell Bom he was coming here, he knew she was already stressed about a lot of things and he didn't want to worry her. But he knew that blind ajhussi knew more than he was saying and he wasn't leaving the place until he found out everything.

 

 

 

He knocked on the door.

 

"Who is it?", the ajhussi's gruff voice replied.

 

"I'm a friend of Park Bom", TOP replied.

 

He waited for what felt like a long time, before the door unlocked from inside and the ajhussi showed himself.

 

"I though you lot would be back eventually", he said gruffily as he walked back into his house.

 

TOP followed in.

 

 

"Sit!", the ajhussi demanded.

 

TOP politely sat down and waited for the ajhussi to sit down too.

 

"What do you want?!", he asked, "Hurry up!"

 

"We know Bom's parents' were murdered", TOP said.

 

The ajhussi stiffened, "You do, do you?"

 

"You know it too", TOP said calmly.

 

"And what if I do?"

 

"Did you kill them?"

 

"WHAT?!", the ajhussi shouted angrily, "HOW DARE YOU?!"

 

"Then what are you hiding?", TOP said simply.

 

"You don't know anything!", the ajhussi hissed.

 

"Don't you think Bom has the right to know?", TOP asked again.

 

"If she finds out, she'll be in danger too!", he shouted, "SHE'LL END UP LIKE ME!", He pointed to his scarred face.

 

TOP furrowed his brows, "What do you mean?"

 

The ajhussi looked away.

 

"Whoever killed Bom's parents...did that to you?", TOP asked gravely.

 

"They took my eyes because I saw what happened that night...", the ajhussi whispered sending chills down TOP's spine.

 

"What do you mean? Just tell me what happened?!!", TOP said angrily.

 

"And what are you going to do if i tell?!!"

 

"I'm going to bring justice for Bom, for Mrs Hong....for you."

 

The ahjhussi paused for a long time before he finally spoke.

 

 

"That night, I was in my hut when I heard screams from inside the pension", the ajhussi started, "It was windy and raining so I thought it was just the wind but then I heard screaming again so I went to see what was going on."

 

TOP recorded the ajhussi on his phone and listened.

 

"From the window I saw Mrs Park pulling Bom along with her and then she pushed Bom into the wardrobe and closed the doors. Just then three men stormed in as Mr Park tried to fight them off..."

 

"What happened after that?", TOP asked quietly.

 

"The men started beating Mrs Park up and I can still remember their screams...", the ajhussi started sobbing now, "Mr Park was saying he was sorry and was begging the men not to hurt his wife, he kept saying he was sorry he was sorry..."

 

TOP blinked as he finally realised why Bom always apologised and why she kept saying that phrase after she was attacked...she was subconsciously repeating what her father had said before he was killed.

 

"But the men shot her down and then turned to Mr Park and shot him too."

 

TOP clenched his jaw and closed his eyes firmly.

 

"Bom was still in the wardrobe and I don't think they realised she was there, because they started dragging the bodies away..."

 

"Then?"

 

"Then? I had to go find Bom so I went into the room but..."

 

"But?"

 

"The men came back and found me before I could get to Bom, and that's when they...", the ajhussi stopped trying to stop tears falling.

 

"They did that to you", TOP finished his sentence.

 

The ajhussi nodded, "They should have just killed me instead, but they totured me like I was a dog and left me to die...but I survived."

 

"What about Bom?", TOP asked.

 

"I don't know, I called the police after I regained my consciousness and they took her with them."

 

"Did you see their faces?", TOP asked.

 

"Of course...why do you think they took my eyes", the ajhussi muttered bitterely.

 

"I'm sorry", TOP said, "Would anyone else have seen them too?"

 

The ajhussi paused, "Bom...she saw them."

 

TOP felt those chills run down his whole body again.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara, you look beautiful", Taeyang complemented her sweetly as him and Bom walked into the party and towards her.

 

"Oh...", Dara placed a strand of hair behind her ear, "thank you taeyang..."

 

"I'll go get you girls something to drink", Taeyang said and walked to the bar.

 

"How are you?", Bom smiled at Dara.

 

"I'm fine", Dara smiled back, "Omo!", Dara suddenly turned Bom around, "Backless dress!!"

 

Bom turned bright red, "Taeyang shi got it for me"

 

"Oh...TOP oppa should watch out, he's got competition", Dara teased.

 

"Oh really", Bom pointed towards Taeyang who was chatting happily to Yuri at the bar, "well there goes my date."

 

"Still he's a sweet guy", Dara smiled.

 

 

 

"Dara! Bom!", Cl shouted out.

 

"oooohhh", Dara and Bom giggled as CL and Seungri came towards them hand in hand.

 

CL quickly removed her hand from Seungri's, "You girls look so pretty!"

 

"Hello ladies, looking very beautiful", Seungri smiled.

 

"You don't look too bad yourself", Bom smiled back as Seungri fixed his bow tie.

 

 

"Come on Seungri, I'm dying for a dance", CL whined cutely.

 

"Dance off?", Seungri wiggled his brows.

 

"Maybe not at a black tie event", Cl cringed as she dragged him away to the floor.

 

 

 

"Come on, us loners can go enjoy the buffet instead", Bom laughed as she dragged Dara to the buffet area.

 

 

 

 

Few hours had passed now, Seungri and CL were all loved up on the dance floor and well Bom's date Taeyang had found his match with Yuri and they were busy chatting away leaving Bom and Dara alone at their table.

 

 

 

"I wish Seunghyun was here", Bom pouted, "I wonder where he went?", she checked her phone for the 100th time.

 

"Will you stop, he's out of town", Dara sighed.

 

"But he said he'll be back tonight", Bom complained.

 

"He'll probably be too tired to come Bom", Dara explained.

 

"Yea you're right", Bom put her phone away, "Anyway how are things with you and Jiyong?"

 

"I don't know", Dara sighed as she drank her champagne, "More than anything I'm scared."

 

Bom nodded as she listened.

 

"I mean this is only the beginning and I'm scared, who knows what hurdles I'll have to jump", Dara shook her head.

 

"I know", Bom hugged Dara, "But Dara, don't you think Jiyong's hurting too?"

 

Dara looked up at her.

 

"I can see how much he loves you so of course he must be hurting, more than that he must be feeling guilty....so don't be too hard on him neh?"

 

Dara nodded.

 

 

 

"Dara shi?"

 

The girls turned to find Young deuk.

 

"YOU!", Bom shouted.

 

He suddenly bowed apologetically before the girls could say anything more.

 

"I'm so sorry about the house, I had no idea that someone was actually living there."

 

The girls sighed, they couldn't really be mad when technically it wasn't his fault in the first place.

 

"I guess it's not your fault", Dara muttered, "Take a seat."

 

Young deuk bowed again and sat with the girls.

 

 

"Oh!", Bom looked at her ringing phone, "It's Seunghyun"

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Bom"

 

"Neh?", she smiled at the sound of his voice.

 

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?"

 

 

"NEH?!", Bom looked around and spotted TOP at the entrance looking at her.

 

"Seunghyun", Bom stood up and started walking towards him.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey", he smiled at her.

 

"What are you doing here?", Bom asked  in shock.

 

"I had a feeling Taeyang was going to be a sh!t date", he looked towards Taeyang flirting with Yuri.

 

Bom couldn't help but smile shyly.

 

"Dance?", TOP suddenly asked.

 

Bom blinked at him twice.

 

"I'm not asking you to marry me, I'm just asking for a dance", he smiled cheekily.

 

Bom pouted and muttered something.

 

TOP just laughed and pulled her towards the dance floor.

 

 

 

 

[Music: Reason by 4men]

 

 

 

 

 

TOP wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Bom smiled and leaned her head on his chest.

 

Once Bom couldn't see his face anymore, TOP's face darkened, remembering everything the ajhussi had told him today. He sighed and pulled her closer to him.

 

"Bom"

 

"Hm", Bom replied.

 

"You've been through a lot", he said softly.

 

Bom looked up at him slightly confused.

 

"You went through all that alone?", he asked.

 

"What are you on about?", Bom smiled.

 

TOP sighed and pulled her closer to him, placing her head back on his chest, "I won't let you go through anything alone ever again."

 

Bom smiled, touched by his words, she wrapped her arms around his neck, "I know."

 

"Mianhe for letting you go through everything alone until now", he said quietly.

 

"Ani...thank you, do you know how safe I feel with you?", she rested her chin on his shoulder, "Do you remember when you gave me a piggy back, that was the first time I felt safe with someone since appa."

 

 

TOP hugged her tightly, "I'll find whoever killed your parents."

 

"I know", Bom looked at him with teary eyes, "I know."

 

He wiped the tears away with his thumb and leaned in to kiss her gently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara watched Bom and TOP with a smile.

 

"Cute aren't they?", Young deuk smiled.

 

"Yeah", Dara smiled happily.

 

"But I still think you're the luckiest",he said.

 

"Huh?", Dara asked.

 

"After the whole demolishing the house misunderstanding, Jiyong hyung nearly killed me," he explained.

 

"Oh...mianhe", Dara apologised.

 

"It's ok, but I can't believe he's making me build the same house again, I tried to change a few things but he insisted that it had to be the same as your old house."

 

"What are you on about?", Dara asked in confusion.

 

"Oh do you not know?", Young deuk asked, "Jiyong hyung asked me to rebuild your house again, obviously the location is somewhere else, but he threatened to ruin me if I didn't build the exact copy of your rooftop house."

 

Dara's jaw hit the floor, trying to register everything Youngdeuk was saying to her.

 

"Jiyong..."

 

"Neh, you're lucky", Young deuk, "He clearly cares for you a lot."

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong rubbed the back of his neck as he checked through the photos from the latest photo shoot on his computer screen. He suddenly heard the clicking of heels on his marble floor and turned around to see Dara standing by the doorway of the studio.

 

"Dara?", he checked his watch, it was only 10pm.

 

Dara waved at him and walked to the middle of the studio.

 

JIyong stood up, "What are you doing here so early?"

 

Dara placed her finger to her lips as if to say ssh and called him over with her hand.

 

Jiyong furrowed his brows but still did as told as walked to Dara.

 

Dara took out her iPod and put one of the headphones into his ear and the other in hers.

 

 

 

[Music: Wherever you will go by Charlene Soraia]

 

 

 

 

She slowly held his hands and put them around her waist, she then wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

"Is...everything ok?", Jiyong asked quietly.

 

Dara nodded as her eyes started to tear up again, she rested her head on his chest and sighed, "Jiyong...I'm really sorry."

 

"What for?", Jiyong asked.

 

"For getting scared", Dara whispered.

 

"I thought ... you hated me", JIyong said sadly.

 

Dara looked up at him and pouted sadly, "You don't even give me a chance to hate you."

 

Jiyong smiled weakly.

 

"I'm sorry for being so weak, I shouldn't have been so scared with you by my side", Dara said as a tear escaped her eye.

 

"It's ok", he gently kissed her cheek.

 

"Jiyong...", Dara looked up at him, "I think...I'm in love with you".

 

Jiyong smiled as he brought her face closer to his, his lips nearly touching her lips, "I know I'm in love with you", and kissed her.