Second night part 2

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

"Favourite band?", Seungri asked CL as she sipped on her iced tea.

 

"BIG BANG!", she jumped off her chair with enthusiasm.

 

 

The staff at the cafe looked at her curiously while Seungri bowed to them apologetically.

 

 

 

"Ok ok my turn!", she said, "Ready?"

 

Seungri leaned back on his chair and nodded.

 

"Food?"

 

Seungri tried to think of some common food, "Um...rice?", secretly he loved lobsters and caviar and all those fine food but he didn't want CL to think he was being snobby again.

 

"Ok....", CL said not really believing him, "Favourite brand?"

 

"Oh...don't really like brands", he said wearing a diamond rolex.

 

CL tried not to laugh.

 

"You...know, I really just wear whatever", Seungri continued to lie, not really convincing himself either.

 

CL nodded along, "Oh I see...."

 

"Yean...I mean this shirt", he pointed out his John Galliano shirt, "I found on the streets!"

 

CL bit her lip trying not to burst out in laughter, "You...found a keke....a Galliano shirt on the street and you decided to take it??!"

 

"Yea...crazy right?", Seungri nervously laughed.

 

 

 

"Seungri..", CL smiled at him.

 

"Hm?", he looked up thinking she'd caught onto his lies.

 

"I know what you're trying to do and you don't have to", she explained.

 

 

Seungri sighed heavily, "I just don't want you to think I'm some rich kid that has no value for anything"

 

"But...you are a rich kid...who has no value for money whatsoever", CL laughed as Seungri rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

"Cheers", he muttered.

 

"But...what's wrong with that?", she shrugged, "You're also one of the nicest and funniest guys I know and I wouldn't change you or your spoilt ways for the world."

 

"I...think I'll take that as a compliment", Seungri said warily.

 

"It was meant to be one!", she stated, "Anyway next question...um....a moment in your life you'll never forget?!"

 

 

 

Seungri paused and looked at her slightly seriously now, "You."

 

 

CL looked up from her drink.

 

"When halapoji was in hospital and you comforted me...I don't think I can ever forget that."

 

Cl fiddled with the straw nervously.

 

 

 

"Lee Chaerin", Seungri called her, "There are two things I need to say to you"

 

CL looked up and waited wide eyed.

 

Seungri leaned forward, "Firstly I'm sorry, for ignoring you at the party and...."

 

CL waited anxiously.

 

 

"And...secondly I'll never do that again.... so give me another chance, because now even if I wanted to ignore you....I won't be able to.."

 

 

CL gasped silently, "Seungri...are you?"

 

"I'm telling you I like you", he stated, "I like you too much."

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara stepped back slightly from Jiyong and looked at the ground, her face expressionless.

 

"I...I", she stuttered quietly, "I...want to go back to the hotel now..."

 

 

Jiyong closed his eyes and raked his hair back with his fingers, "ok"

 

 

Dara turned around and started walking away. She finally sighed as her face fell.

 

'Why did I do that? Why didn't I stop him? Dara you babo, you know you shouldn't have got close to him....you know better than to get involved with someone like him. Everything you've done so far...to stay away from people like him, to stay away and hidden from appa and now everything will be ruined! Dara you can't get involved with Jiyong....whatever happens you cannot get involved!'

 

 

Dara felt a tear escaping her eye, she sniffled slightly and wiped her eye as she walked away from Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong watched Dara walk away. He wanted to run after and stop her but something stopped him.

 

 

 

 

[Jiyong's flash back]

 

 

 

"Jiyong meet Park Han Byul", Jiyong's brother, Dong wook (se7en) introduced his lovely girlfriend to his little brother.

 

Jiyong stood up and bowed sweetly at the girl who was nervously looking at him, "Hello"

 

"Han byul, this is my lovely little brother Jiyong", Dongwook smiled.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo", she bowed.

 

 

"You're the first girl hyung has introduced to me", Jiyong said as they all sat down in a cafe.

 

"Chincha?", she asked.

 

Jiyong nodded, "And I'm glad I've finally been able to meet you...noona,", he then whispered, "Hyung has been driving me crazy going on non-stop about you!"

 

"YA!", Dongwook shouted.

 

Han byul shyly blushed at Dongwook.

 

 

"Aish...you two are so loved up!", Jiyong joked.

 

"So Ji...do we have your blessing?", Dongwook asked.

 

Ji stood up and hugged his brother, "Always bro"

 

He then turned to Han byul and smiled, "Welcome to the family noona"

 

 

 

----------------

 

 

 

Jiyong arrived home from school and walked into the lounge where he could hear shouting.

 

 

"OMMA! WHERE IS SHE?!!", Dongwook shouted.

 

"Keep your voice down", Mrs Kwon calmly said as she sipped her tea.

 

"OMMA!", Dongwook angrily shouted, "What have you done with her now?!!"

 

 

Mrs Kwon picked up the newspaper and threw it towards Dongwook, "Kicking her out of her stinking house didn't make her budge, offering money to that lowly girl didn't work, getting her fired, getting her parents' fired DIDN'T WORK!"

 

 

Dongwook nervously picked up the newspaper, too scared to read it, "What...did you do?"

 

"Forget about her...she won't be returning to Korea anytime soon?", Mrs Kwon sipped her tea again.

 

 

"What's going on?", Jiyong asked as he walked towards his brother who was in tears now.

 

 

Dongwook read the newspaper and fell to the floor, shaking uncontrollably.

 

 

"That girl", Mrs Kwon turned to face Jiyong now, "seems to have been involved in some....prostituition"

 

"What? Byul noona?!", Jiyong took the newspaper and started reading the article.

 

 

 

"How could you?", Dongwook looked at his mother.

 

"You should be thanking me", she simply said, "I gave her an offer she couldn't refuse"

 

"Mum?", Jiyong asked now, "What did you do?"

 

She looked at her two sons, "There was large amount of evidence to show her involvment with prostituition and drugs, if the police were to catch up with her, she would have been locked up for a long time!"

 

"Mum, you know noona isn't into that kind of things!", Jiyong shouted.

 

"Well....the police don't know that do they?", she replied calmly, "It doesn't matter who planted those evidence, the matter is that if she was caught she would be in trouble so...I helped her"

 

"How....", Dongwook asked quietly.

 

Their mother walked towards Dongwook now, "I sent her away"

 

"No...no, she would never leave me", Dongwook shook his head.

 

"She's quite the loyal one I'll hand it to you", their mother continued, "She knew if she stayed here, she would bring shame to you-"

 

"But she didn't do anything wrong!!"

 

"And who's going to believe a poor student like her?", his mother muttered.

 

 

Dongwook suddenly grabbed Mrs Kwon's arm, "WHERE IS SHE??!!"

 

His mother slapped him, "Forget her!!"

 

"Omma...where is she?", Dongwook fell to his knees begging.

 

 

But his mother just straightened herself up and walked towards Jiyong, "Let this be a lesson to you" and left.

 

 

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

 

"Hyung?!", Jiyong followed Dongwook who was stuffing clothes into his rucksack, "Where are you going?"

 

Dongwook grabbed his passport, "I need to find her!!"

 

Jiyong grabbed Dongwook's arm, "Hyung!! You don't even know where noona is??!!"

 

"SO?!" his brother shouted, "I CAN'T JUST SIT HERE!!"

 

"Hyung?!"

 

"I can't live without her!! I don't care about all this money, I just need her!!", Dongwook cried in his little brother's arm.

 

 

 

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

 

 

Jiyong wiped the tears away. That was 6 years ago....the last time he'd seen his hyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"But the bike was sooo heavyyy!", Bom whacked TOP who was laughing at her biking experience earlier on, "YA stop laughing at me!"

 

"Mianhe", TOP laughed as he rubbed his shoulder where she'd hit him, "But...aahahah!"

 

"Atleast I'm not fat enough to get stuck in a cat flap", Bom muttered.

 

"YA!", TOP shouted, "I was 6 then!!"

 

"And 12 stones??!!!", Bom exclaimed, "AHAHAHAHHAHA KYUPTAAAAA!"

 

It was TOP muttering angrily now.

 

"Aigoo", she placed her hands on his cheeks and shook his head, "Our cute TOP....aigooo!"

 

"My image...down the drain", he muttered.

 

"What image?", Bom asked, "Ah...your boring, 'I'm a very very serious lawyer' image??"

 

"Yea that one", he muttered.

 

"This one is better", she flung her arm around his shoulder, "the more I get to know you the more I like you!!"

 

 

TOP gulped nervously, she was making him nervous again. 

 

 

"ARASSO! Arasso!", TOP threw her arm back to her, "What about you then? I can totally imagine you being a chubby kid too!"

 

"Excuse me....I've always been this slim thank you very much", Bom smiled cheekily.

 

"Sure", TOP nodded jokingly, "I bet you were too chubby to be carried around right?"

 

 

Bom's face fell slightly when memories came rushing back.

 

 

 

 

 

"Miss your parents?", TOP asked quietly, noticing her expression.

 

"Hmm", Bom sighed, "appa used to always carry me on his back..."

 

"Poor guy", he joked.

 

"YA!", she whacked him.

 

 

TOP waited for her to say something else.

 

 

"I can't remember anymore though....how it felt....to be carried by him", she smiled sadly.

 

 

 

 

After a pause TOP stood up and knealed in front of Bom, his back facing her.

 

"Huh?", Bom stopped.

 

"Get on", TOP pointed to his back.

 

 

Bom smiled warmly, touched by his actions yet again.

She wrapped her arms around his neck slowly and leaned on him as TOP stood up, holding her legs up.

 

 

He walked slowly with Bom on his back as she placed her chin on his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

"Seunghyun...", Bom said as she tilted her head on his shoulder.

 

"Hm?", TOP looked ahead as he walked.

 

"Thank you...", she smiled, "for everything you're doing for me..."

 

 

 

After a pause she spoke again, "You know.... how you were talking about redemption?"

 

TOP stiffened slightly and Bom noticed.

 

 

"Don't...don't think you need to redeem yourself", Bom shook her head slightly, "whatever your appa did, it wasn't your fault."

 

TOP sighed audibly, "How can you be so sure?"

 

 

"Because Choi Seunghyun...whether you believe it or not, you're a good man", Bom smiled as she snuggled closer to him on his back.

 

 

 

TOP smiled slightly before he changed the subject, "So...how does it feel?"

 

 

"Hmm..", she pondered a bit and then closed her eyes, "you're a lot taller than appa"

 

 

TOP carried on walking.

 

 

She took a deep breath as she circled her arms around his neck even more, "but you feel warm....just like him."

 

 

 

TOP felt his heart squeeze slightly.