Why?

My Ugly Girlfriend!

 

Dara walked out of the bedroom dressed in a black legging and an oversized but nicely-made long sleeve. She wrapped her bag around her shoulder and looked up in shock when she saw Jiyong walking towards her.

"Oh, Jiyong ah..." she said with a smile, pulling her hair behind her ear.

Jiyong pursed his lips together and coughed. He sighed and slowly made his way towards her.

"Where are you going so secretly?" He asked her even though he knew already. He wanted to see if she'd trust him and tell him.

Dara smiled and shook her head.

"Byul wanted to see me... remember?" She said then walked over and gave him a peck on the cheek. "I'll see you later okay? Bye." She said then turned her back to him.

Jiyong sighed and wrapped his arms around her waist. He pulled her in and towards him, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Dara ah..." he called her name. He closed his eyes and rested his nose on her neck.

She smiled and patted his head then sighed and walked out after he released her.

 

"I'm sorry Jiyong... just let me do this, okay?" Dara thought to herself while she walked out of the door with a sad face on.

 

"Why are you hiding this from me?" Jiyong thought to himself after Dara closed the door behind her. He took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

 

 

Dara stood in front of a high restaurant and looked up at the windows that went up to at least 30 stories.

She took a deep breath, fixed her clothes, and walked inside with confidence.

"You can do this Dara... it's for you and Jiyong..." She thought to herself over and over again. The sentence that gave her courage to take another step foreward.

 

She got into the elevator and closed her eyes, grasping her hands together tightly.

 

When she got out, she took another deep breath and forced on a smile. She turned the corner and walked into the restaurant, but her smile faded when she laid eyes on Jiyong's mother.

Dara gasped and her eyes widened with shock. She hid her head in her shoulders and scrunched up her eyes slightly before walking towards her.

 

"Oh, you're late. Please sit down." Mrs. Kwon spoke glancing at Dara. Dara smiled nervously and sat down while a waiter gave her something to drink.

 

 

Jiyong sat in the living room with concern about Dara and his mother speaking.

He should be there too. He should've just gone with her. He knew how nervous Dara would be. He knew how worried she'd be and he hated himself for just letting her go like that.

But he didn't want to face his mother ever again. He never did. He hated her because she never understood her. Let alone Jiwon who they seem to care less about since they aren't even doing anything about Jiwon right now.

Jiyong took a deep breath and ran to grab his jacket, wallet, and car keys before heading out.

 

 

Dara looked down and took a deep breath, closing her eyes slightly.

"So... how long have you known my Jiyong for?" Mrs. Kwon asked. Dara looked up at her and sighed. "Almost a year." Dara repled.

"A year? Almost a year and you two are already going to get married? Well, that's hard to believe. Are you SURE about it? About marriage?" Mrs. Kwon asked with a slight glare.

Dara looked down and sighed. She wanted to feel confident. Even if she wasn't at all right now, she wanted to at least LOOK confident.

She took up her courage and looked up at Mrs. Kwon.

"Ye-yes. I'm sure about it. Jiyong and I... we're-

"Well, you shouldn't take things so fast. You know nothing about each other. You know NOTHING about Jiyong."

Dara forced on a corner smile and coughed a little.

"You're right, but-

"Jiyong and Yoona..." Mrs. Kwon said stopping Dara's sentence. Dara glanced at her nervously and looked down again, letting Jiyong's mother continue.

"Jiyong and Yoona, are to be married. And no one, I mean NO ONE, is to come between them." Mrs. Kwon assured Dara who kept her eyes on her fingers.

"Yoona... she's a VERY beautiful and wealthy young lady. I'm afraid to say... unlike you."

Dara looked up at her and her eyes narrowed a little.

 

 

Jiyong parked his car outside of the restaurant and ran into the elevator. He knew which floor his mother would go to, since she met up with everyone in the same restaurant.

He looked at the numbers in the elevator accelerating and took a deep breath impatiently.

 

 

Jiyong's mother grabbed her bag and like every rich and arrogant parents are, she took out a thick envelope that included obviously money.

Dara glared at the money and looked at Jiyong's mother.

"Here is money. Of course you should know what I want in return for this, right?" Mrs. Kwon asked with a raised eyebrow.

Dara glanced at the money with irritation and looked at Jiyong's mother again.

"Take the money. Get out of Jiyong's life. Now. And don't let him know what we discussed today, okay?"

Dara scrunched up her eyebrows and picked her nails roughly.

Mrs. Kwon tilted her head and looked at Dara with a why-aren't-you-answering-me expression.

"Park Sandara? Are you going to answer me?" Mrs. Kwon asked.

Dara's eyes started watering. How can a parent be like this? How can a parent sell their son for money? Is money this powerful? This powerful that she is willing to sell Jiyong like that?

"How can you do this to Jiyong?" Dara asked out of the blue. His mother looked at her shocked at her sentence.

"What? I'm doing this for HIS own good. He is better without you and you know that. You can't support him through money, and we can. Yoona can."

 

"Dara!!!!" Jiyong's voice was heard from behind Dara and his mother. They both turned around shocked.

Dara gasped when her eyes met with Jiyong's. He glared at his mother and looked at Dara again. He walked over and stood beside Dara.

"Why are you taking Dara here?" Jiyong asked. He panted from his run and looked at the envelope in front of Dara.

"What are you doing here Jiyong? This is between Dara and I only." His mother told him. "Dara and I are ONE. Something between you and Dara involves me also." Jiyong said.

Dara looked up at him shocked and looked back down with shame that he found out.

"What is this?" Jiyong asked opening up the envelope. He took out the money and counted it mercilessly in front of everyone that watched the scene.

 

Jiyong's mother stood up and slammed her hand on the table.

"You have NO right to interfere with my business." She told Jiyong.

"Jiyong ah..." Dara spoke silently, tugging onto his shirt. Jiyong looked at her and his face softened a little from her voice.

He smiled a little and pulled Dara up. She gathered her things with her and held Jiyong's hand that held hers' tightly.

"Dara and I... we're going to get married and run away together. I don't care if you or dad don't agree or approve. I don't need your agreement and/or approval. I came here to tell you that." Jiyong said then walked away with Dara.

Jiyong's mother gasped and scoffed, looking at them in shock.

Jiyong stopped walking and turned back around. He looked at the money in the envelope and took it with a smile while Dara looked at him confused.

"Thanks for the money. This will help us a lot in the future with our wedding and honeymoon." Jiyong said with a glaring eyes then left with Dara.

 

"Jiyong ah..." Dara spoke slightly, glancing back at his mother that was pacing back and forth.

 

"JIYONG! KWON JIYONG! GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!" His mother yelled furiously with her hands in a fist.

 

"Jiyong ah..." Dara called his name again as he shoved them into an elevator alone.

"Be quiet." Jiyong told her sharply. He held her hand tightly and took a deep and frustrated breath, holding the envelope full of money tightly in his other hand.

Dara glanced at him again then kept her head down.

 

When they got home, Jiyong threw the car door open and closed it loudly after he got out.

Dara looked at him sadly and got out slowly.

She knew he was really mad at her for not telling him, but how can she tell him. She wanted to do something for him. She knew that he didn't want to face his parents, therefore she wanted to do it for him.

 

"I'm sorry..." she whispered to herself quietly. Jiyong stopped walking and faced his back to her.

Dara looked up and cursed herself for speaking too loud. She fiddled with her fingers and kept her glance on the floor.

Jiyong turned around and tilted his head back frustrated. He took a deep breath and faced her. He loosened his fist and relaxed his shoulders, rubbing his face with his hands.

He removed his hands and looked at Dara again.

"Come here..." he called out to her. Dara shot a look at him and widened her eyes a little.

Is she gonna get a beating? She prayed not. He wouldn't hurt her. But what's the look on his face? It's unusual for him.

Jiyong kept his eyes on her and sighed tiredly, his eyes barely opened. He smacked his lips seeing that Dara wasn't going to move.

"Come here..." he told her again with his hands to his sides.

Dara looked up at him sadly and sighed, walking towards Jiyong slowly.

"Come faster..." he told her glancing at the ground a little. Dara sped her walk and sniffed her tear that came out without notice.

 

When she got to him, she stopped walking and glanced up at him nervously.

"I'm sorry..." she said again. Jiyong looked down at her face that was too afraid to face his'.

"Come hold me..." he told her quietly, facing her. Dara looked up at him and saw that his face has softened. She smiled in her heart knowing he'd forgiven her.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and landed her head beside his head roughly.

Jiyong sighed and wrapped his arms around her waist tightly, slightly picking her up from the ground a little.

"I'm sorry..." she told him again. Jiyong placed her on the ground again and rubbed her waist with his hand. He sighed and snuggled his head into her hair that was on her neck.

 

A/N: So, this is NOT the end!!! Dramas can't be this fast... keke...

At least Jiyong helped Dara out... and saved her from his mother...

Well, I hope this chapter was awesome!!!

Welcome new subs!!!!!! Please leave feedbacks okay?

Until next time my loves! SARANGHAE!!!! BYE YEOM!!!!!