Facing the Parents

My Ugly Girlfriend!

 

Jiyong opened the door and walked ahead while Dara and Jiwon followed. Since Jiwon was just living with some friends, Jiyong asked for Jiwon to sleep over.

Jiwon didn't want to since Dara's there too, but Jiyong insisted.

 

They walked in and met with his parents again. Dara stopped walking and looked at them worriedly.

Jiyong looked over with Jiwon beside Dara.

 

"Explain to us, right now." Their father demanded, sitting beside the couch with his wife.

 

"Go change and wash up. I'll meet you in the bedroom later okay?" Jiyong whispered to Dara with a hand on her back. She looked at him worriedly, but just nodded her head and walked off.

Jiwon looked at Jiyong and Dara for a long while, watching until Dara turned the corner with curiosity and confusion inside his mind.

He looked over and saw Jiyong looking at him confused. Jiwon smiled and they both went to sit across from their parents.

 

After Jiwon had explain himself, telling them everything of his feeling, his parents looked at them dumbfounded.

"Why didn't you just tell us?" His father asked. Jiwon scoffed and shrugged his shoulders, leaning back against the couch.

"Why didn't I? Why do you think so?" Jiwon asked.

"Come back Jiwon... come back and live with mommy and daddy okay?" His mother said.

Jiyong and Jiwon looked at each other and sighed, looking down.

"I'm sorry mom and dad, but I'm better off by myself. Like Jiyong... he's living freely by himself. He even has a beautiful and trustworthy girlfriend." Jiwon said nodding his head.

 

"That girl." His mother said, glaring at Jiyong. "Who is that girl?" She added.

Jiyong sighed and looked his parents in the face.

"Park Dara. Her father just died a week ago on a place crash. Her mother ran away from her to America. She's a tomboy, but she loves me and I love her. We've been living together for a while now, and we've been happy. I'VE been happy. Happier than when I was with you two." Jiyong told his parents.

He didn't plan to tell his parents EVERYTHING about Dara, but they're gonna ask until they got their answer, so might as well just explain everything then.

Jiwon looked over at Jiyong and smiled, thinking to himself.

 

Dara listened from behind the corner and looked down at her fingers, unsure of what to do.

 

"Psh, you two live together? Her parents deserted her? What a bad girl. She's not even pretty." His mother said. Jiyong tightened his fist and glared at his mother. He took a deep breath and calmed himself down.

"Yes, you're right. We live together. But her parents didn't desert her. Even so, how can what parents do give her the name 'bad'? And who cares if she's not pretty to you? She's my ugly girlfriend. So what?" Jiyong said looking his mother straight in the eye.

His mother looked at him and scoffed at his annoying words.

"You're protecting her and arguing with your mother?" She asked. His father coughed and looked at them.

"I will NOT allow a girl like that to come into our family." He told Jiyong. "You're supposd to get married with Yoona. And that's that. No more questions asked." His mother said.

Jiyong scoffed and stood up. "I love Dara, and we're gonna get married. We're gonna continue living together. She'll be apart of MY family. I won't marry Yoona. THAT'S that." Jiyong said then walked over to his bedroom.

"KWON JIYONG!!!" His father yelled at him.

Jiyong stopped walking and turned around. Dara was just a feet from him, around the corner, therefore he didn't notice her.

"No, dad. No. I'm not the Kwon Jiyong that would follow your every move. You need to first think of fixing your family before fixing your company. Both you AND mom." He said then walked off.

Jiwon smacked his lips and slapped his knees, standing up.

"Well, I think my job's done here. Bye." He said then walked out the door.

 

Jiyong walked inside the bedroom where Dara, who was pretending to touch her laptop, was at.

She had already changed into some new clothes: black leggings with an over-sized and long sweatshirt.

She got up and turned around to look at him, but he charged towards her and pulled her by the waist towards him, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist.

She looked away confused with herself pressed roughly against his chest. His head was tightly snuggled in her neck and shoulder.

Dara started hearing weeping sounds. She looked down and placed her hands on his back, holding him tightly.

"It's okay..." Dara repeated to him silently, feeling like she was gonna cry with him also.

Everytime she spoke, he held her tightly, feeling hopeless and so weak.

He'd been through too much. So much crap that he was tired of it. His parents never cared, his brother remained invisible and let him take all the blame for everything.

He was tired of it all. There was only one person that would help cure him: Dara.

 

Dara held Jiyong to sleep on the bed, brushing his face gently, kissing his forehead as if he was a little kid.

She looked at his face, his soft face that softened her face. She kissed his forehead again, then planted another one on the tip of his nose.

A tear fell down from her eyes as she got up and walked out, facing his parents.

 

They glared at her and turned the other way.

"Ahnyeong haseyo... I'm Park Dara imnida..." she introduced herself with her voice shaking. She stood beside the couch with her hands in front of her.

Jiyong's mother got up and glanced at her, raising her head up high.

"Park Dara? Who's father died. Who's mother deserted her. Who has nowhere to live, therefore took advantage of our Kwon Jiyong and forced him to let you live here?" She said not even looking at Dara.

Dara looked down and took a deep breath.

Jiyong's mother looked at her and scoffed.

"Wae? Can't talk? You have the guts to live under the same roof as Jiyong but you don't have the guts to talk?" She asked.

Dara was too scared to face his mother, therefore she kept her head down.

"I'm sorry..." was all Dara could say.

"You're sorry?" Jiyong's mother asked scoffing, holding the back of her neck.

"Let's go." Jiyong's father said standing up. His mother glared at Dara who looked up at them slightly.

"You'll be hearing from me." She whispered beside Dara's ear then walked out, bumping into Dara's shoulder.

She bowed down to them as they left the house without even looking at her or speaking to her.

A/N: Whew, this was a tough chapter for me to write...

I hope you all love it!!!

I have a poll in the next chapter... please help me with it!!!!