Surprises

My Ugly Girlfriend!

 

Jiyong and Dara sat in the backyard of her mother’s home as they stared into space in silence.

"Your dad... tell me something about him." He said curiously to break the silence. Dara looked down and smiled.

"There’s so much." She said with all the memories running through her mind. He chuckled and looked up. "There has to be a lot." He assured her with a smile.

"Ummm… remember that cap that I always wear?" She asked as he nodded. "Yeah, I haven’t seen you wearing that in a long time." She glared at him and pouted her lips.

"That’s because you won’t let me wear it!" She said defensively as he chuckled. She smiled and clasped her hands together.

"Well… he and my mom bought me that cap when I was around 14 years old." She said with a smile.

"Really? Well it proves that your brain hasn’t grown ever since." He said with a chuckle. She chuckled and hit his arm playfully.

"Park Sandara?" Said a voice behind them as they both stood up and turned around. It was one of the people that worked with her father. Jiyong smiled and greeted him.

"If you’ll excuse me." Said Jiyong with a smile and then moved out of the way so they could speak in private. He glanced at the man and Dara with a smile and then sighed.

 

"Our Park Sandara’s boyfriend!" A couple of elders yelled storming towards him. He froze and gulped loudly when they clouded him.

"You must love our Dara to the fullest and comfort her as best you can!" Lectured an elder man.

"She and her father were very close and this loss must make her so sad." He said with a sad look on his face.

"Yes I’ll…-"

"Please take care of her." Said another elder. "Yes." Jiyong answered quickly to get rid of them.

"Promise?" Asked another. Jiyong looked them back and forth and then slowly nodded. "Yes of course. I’ll take care and…." He trailed his voice, thinking to himself, realizing a weird feeling building up in his stomach to his heart. He felt an odd sensation of warmth and emotion as he gulped and stood up taller.

"And I’ll….love her. I promise." He said with a bit of confidence in shock.

"Thank you." Dara’s mother said from behind him as he quickly turned around.

"What?" He asked curiously. "Thank you for promising Kwon Jiyong." She said with a huge smile. Jiyong narrowed his eyes.

"I know that you’ll take good care of her while I’m gone."

"What’re you talking about?" He asked through a stutter. "You must not tell Dara." She pleaded as he looked at her oddly, noticing all the elders departing after hearing his confession and promises.

 

Dara’s mother and Jiyong sat in the living room while others spoke loudly to each other, making it impossible for anyone to eavesdrop on them.

"I’m leaving Seoul." She said with a confident look at Jiyong.

"Why?" He questioned. "I can’t bear to live here on my own." She said through a sigh.

"I know that you’ll be able to take care of Dara. You’ve been anyways." She said with a smile.

"You’re not… bringing Dara with you?" He asked in shock. She shook her head and smiled at him.

"Who am I to separate you two?" She asked with raised eyebrows at him. He smiled at her thankfully, yet sad at the thought of him separating Dara and her mother.

"I know Dara really likes you… and I see a future of her with you." She said. Jiyong felt himself lightly blush for the first time.

"I know it’ll be hard for her at first, but…she should understand."

"You’re not telling her?" He asked while she shook her head. "No, she’d disagree if I tell her. I know how she is." She said with her head down and crossing her arms.

"I’m going to tell her that I want to be alone for a while and that I don’t want her to intrude my privacy for a while." She said with a sigh. "In actuality, it’s my only time to move to America."

"America?!" He asked a little too loudly. "Yes…my family is there." She said with a painful look on her face.

"I moved to Seoul because my love was here. And now that he’s not here anymore, it’s no place for me." Jiyong gritted his teeth in anger.

"What about Dara? Is she not considered your love too?" He asked madly. She smiled calmly, confusing him.

"Similar to my situation, if my daughter’s love is here… I’m sure she would chose to stay here with him. I don’t want her to have any regrets."

Jiyong looked down, not sure how to answer.

"Promise me you won’t tell her." He looked up at her and remained silent for a long while before slowly nodding his head with narrowed eyes.

"What’s going on here?" Dara asked while walking towards them with a cup of water in her hand and a smile, happy that her mother and Jiyong were conversing for the first time alone.

They both turned to look at her in shock that she had heard, but knew she didn’t when they realized the happy look on her face.

"I was just telling Jiyong a little about your father and I." Dara’s mother said with a smile. Dara crossed her arms and chuckled.

"Dad was always a funny guy and expressed himself in a humorous way." She said with a chuckle.

"I bet that was the first thing my mother told you about dad." She said with a smile. Jiyong looked at her mother with a puzzled look and stuttered.

"Of course it was." Her mother answered immediately before Jiyong could say a word.

 

Jiyong sat outside the house thinking to himself as he noticed Hanbyul and Se7en walking towards him.

"Hey, what’re you guys doing here?" He asked in shock and walking towards them.

"Well, Byul wanted to visit." Se7en said with a smile.

"Where’s Dara?" She asked quickly, already heading towards the house. "In there somewhere." Jiyong said as she ran ahead inside. He turned to look at Se7en and sighed.

"Must be tough, huh?" Se7en asked as they found a place to sit outside the house.

"To make things harder, her mother’s going to go to America and leaving Dara here." Jiyong said with his head down. Se7en quickly looked at Jiyong in disbelief.

"What?!" He asked in shock. "What’re you talking about?" He questioned.

"I don’t even know what to do anymore." Jiyong said shaking his head. "She forbids me to tell Dara any of this."

"That’s impossible." Se7en said, fixing his tie to loosen it up. "Why would she want to leave now?" Jiyong bit his bottom lip and sighed.

A/N: So... her mother's leaving Dara to Jiyong to complete Darong...

What should Dara's reaction be when she finds out?? Hmm... find out soon!!!

Thank you to everyone who's been commenting everytime!!!

You're all very special to me! Saranghae!!! :D