At Dara's Mother's Place

My Ugly Girlfriend!

 

Jiyong drove them to Dara’s house as she slightly kept looking up at him.

"What?" He asked after seeing her glance at him after the hundredth time, or so it seemed. "Nothing." She said with her head down and smiling. She opened her side of the window slightly and sighed with a smile.

"This just… feels all so weird." She said through a chuckle and looked at him while the fresh air blew into the car.

"What feels weird?" He questioned her curiously. She shrugged and smile. "All of this… you… me…" she looked down and felt herself sadden again. "The sudden news about my father." He looked at her as he stopped in front of a red light.

"Did your mother talk to you about it yet?" He asked. "The funeral?" She questioned. He slowly nodded, not wanting to say it in case it disappointed her.

"Even though my parents aren’t so old, they’ve talked a lot about how they want their funerals to be handled." She said with her head down and closing the window.

"They both don’t want to be buried."

"What? Why?"

"They have a theory where they believe that they’d still be trapped in this world if they were to be buried. If they’re to be cremated, they have a bigger chance of floating off with the wind with their ashes across the sea." She said with a smile.

"They have a broad imagination." She said with a sad chuckle. "No, that’s smart thinking. Your parents are intelligent to be thinking that way." He said with his attention on the road.

"How do you…want to be…." He trailed off, not knowing how to word it. "I want to be cremated like how my parents plan." She said with a smile.

"That’ll be in about 50 more years." He said with a loving smile and looking at her. She scoffed and stared at him.

"You’re only giving me 50 more years to live?" She asked. He chuckled and slightly shook his head. Dara’s phone rang as she quickly picked it up.

"Hi mom." She said silently. Jiyong looked at her and came to a stop outside of her house. They remained in the car while she spoke.

"Yes… he found me last night. I’m okay." She answered all her mother’s questions. Her expression changed into worry as she bit her bottom lip and sighed deeply.

"Okay… I’ll be there in a bit." She hung up as Jiyong stared at her oddly.

"What happened?" He questioned. "My mom wants me to go over since she's cremating my father's ashes tomorrow." She said with her head down.

"Oh... so..." he said wanting to know what she's going to do. She suddenly looked up at him with a smile.

"I have to go visit my mom." He looked at her oddly and narrowed his eyes. "Ok, let’s go." He said. She stopped what she was doing and took a deep breath.

"Alone." She said through a stutter. He shifted in his seat to face her better.

"Why?" He asked. "I’ll go by bus. I just need some time alone." She said apologetically while he tried to remain calm.

"How far is your mother’s place?" He questioned curiously. "3 hours… away from here." She said, unable to look him in the eye. "It’ll be fine, I just-"

"I don’t know what happened to you and I last night." He said with a nervous chuckle. "But it’s brought a spark to me and for some reason, it’s changing the way I see you, the way I feel about you, and where I want to place you..." He said while looking into her eyes. She remained silent and listened.

"I can’t bare the thought of having you travel 3 hours on your own knowing about what happened to your father. I don’t…want anything to happen to you too."

Hanbyul and Se7en stopped outside of Dara’s house as Hanbyul quickly raced for her door. "Are you sure they’re here?" She asked.

"Well, if they’re not at Jiyong’s place then where else will they be?" Se7en asked while looking through the curtain covered windows, trying to look inside.

"I just hope they didn’t get into an argument over Yoona." Hanbyul said while taking her phone out." Se7en chuckled and shook his head.

"This is getting crazier than I ever imagined." He said while dialing Jiyong’s phone number.

Dara’s mother sat in her living room with a close relative beside her as she sniffed and held a box of tissues in her lap.

"Is Dara on her way?" The elder asked as Dara’s mother slowly nodded. "Yes, I just called her a couple hours ago." She said with half a smile.

"You know… you should consider having Dara move here with you. With her father gone, I don’t trust both of you being so far from one another." She said. Dara’s mother sighed and nodded.

"I was thinking about it too…maybe I should just have Dara move in with me. I have too much memories with her father here to leave this house ever."

 

There was a knock on the door as one of the elders motioned for Dara’s mother to remain seated. She quickly ran back after she looked through the peephole and gasped.

"Hey! That’s our Dara’s boyfriend, remember!?" They yelled excitedly, managing to finally open the door after a few minutes of debating.

Jiyong and Dara took a huge step back when they realized the pack of people that were staring at them.

"Is everything… ok in here?" Dara asked with a worried look on her face while her mother slowly pushed her way through the crowded door.

"Sorry about all this ruckus…come in you guys." She said with a kind smile and then looked at Jiyong.

"Thank you for coming at a time like this Jiyong." She said. He smiled and nodded politely, unable to say a word in fear that tears would shed even more.

They all made their way to the couch as Jiyong felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He turned to Dara and sighed, placing a hand on her lower back.

"I’ll be back in a bit." He said with a smile. She nodded and then turned to her mother after sighing in devastation.

 

"Hello?" Jiyong answered after getting out of the house.

"YAH! How many times have I called you already?! Why didn’t you pick up!? Did you and Dara get kidnapped?!" Se7en screamed through the phone thunderously.

"Sorry… we had to come to Dara’s mother’s home." He said silently, almost in sadness.

"What? Why’re you sounding like that?" He asked sarcastically. "Like what?" Jiyong asked oddly.

"You’re being all…. soft and emotional! Cut it out!" Se7en yelled. Jiyong stood up tall and sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"I’m just a little worried right now, alright? You have no idea what Dara is going through. Even though it’s not my father, it’s having such a big effect on me." He said in confusion, not ever having this feeling before.

"I know what you mean." Se7en said through a sigh. "Just let Hanbyul and I know if something is up, alright? We’ve both been trying to contact you guys nonstop." Jiyong nodded and coughed.

"Yes. I don’t know how long we’re going to be here so I’ll let you two know."

"Hanbyul told me her father’s always wanted to be cremated so the ceremony should be over by tomorrow night…at the earliest." He said on the other line.

"Yes, we’ll see." Se7en turned to Hanbyul who was continuously texting Dara and sighed.

"They’re at her parent’s home right now." Hanbyul looked up at him and narrowed her eyes slightly.

"What?" She asked unbelievably. "And she didn’t bring me along?" She asked through a scoff.

"Let’s just go over." Se7en answered with a shrug. "Really?" She asked with a peculiar look on her face in shock.

"Are you going to stay there with me?" She asked curiously. "Yeah, why not? I mean… Jiyong is there, so I should be fine." He said with a chuckle as Hanbyul smiled widely.

A/N: Double update today!!! The next chapter will be done in a bit!