The Composer

SILENCE

 

Despite their very busy solo schedules, lately the girls are seen around YG building hanging around especially in Teddy’s studio. The reason- they are now preparing for their full length album that is expected to be released first quarter of 2010. 2NE1 are even more excited upon hearing the news that they will even release it internationally since they already quite gain a lot of international fans.

 

 

YGE are proud to have a set of their very talented artist along side with their award winning composers. Jiyong, even wrote some songs for the girls that’s why he keeps on tracking their recording sessions whenever he’s in Korea. He’s not only their composer but he’s also one of 2NE1’s producers. He have high hopes for this rookie female group that they will even shine brighter once their full length album reached the record bars. But lately he missed some of their recording sessions due to the controversies he’s been involved with. He can’t face the girls- especially Dara. Not that he’s guilty on the alleged accusations to him but he’s afraid that he can’t put a brave face when she’s around. He knew that she’s the only one that could make him feel better - the only one person who can brighten and lighten up a gloomy mood like this.

 

 

For today, Dara is scheduled to record her solo track on their album. Since the three girls successfully recorded their own songs before while Dara was having a hard time to stay focus every time Jiyong and Jina ‘usually’ hangs out with them during their previous recording sessions, Teddy purposely gave her a special recording day.

 

 

He was already in his studio, mixing some songs when someone unexpectedly showed up. He looks tired even if Pres YG gave him a vacation.

 

“GD, what are you doing here?” Teddy was really surprised to see him around. He never mentioned him anything about this special recording session with Dara because he wanted her to be ‘stress free’ today but looks like it’s going to be another usual recording day.

 

“Hyung, what’s with that face? Don’t tell me you’re not happy to see me” he smiled widely at him.

 

“Ah, no... You silly” he manages to laugh weakly. “So what’s up? What brings you here?” he’s expecting to see someone else behind him but Jiyong closed the door and sat at his famous expensive couch/bed since he normally sleep in it.

 

“I’m alone hyung” he chuckles

 

 

‘Perfect’ Teddy thought and chuckles also.

 

“Ah, that’s new, you’re alone” he teased. He felt really relieved.

 

“Jina doesn’t know I’m here today” he defensively responded.

 

It made Teddy laughed. And continue mixing 2NE1’s song. Jiyong took a moment to listen at it and smiled at him.

 

“Nice… nice song” he exclaimed and tapped Teddy’s shoulder.

 

“It will be 2NE1’s first single for their new album” he sounded proudly.

 

“Is that even Dara? I mean Dara noona?” he was referring to the one rapping some line.

 

Teddy smiled and nodded his head.

 

“Cool” he chuckles.

 

‘She really knows how to rap now’ he secretly smiled and continues to listen to the song.

 

Teddy sat beside him and put his arm around Jiyong shoulder. He knows that he’s going into a rough time now. Even Pres YG asked him to give this ‘boy’ word of encouragement.

 

“Aissshhh… don’t mind them”

 

He heard Jiyong let out a heavy sigh.

 

“I can’t understand why-”

 

“Jiyong-ah, they’re just making an issue about it. I heard YG will release a statement tomorrow”

 

 


He remained quiet.

 

 

“It’s a business Jiyong-ah. You’ve been thru this a couple of times. You shouldn’t be surprised. They’re doing that because they know your concert turned out good. So be thankful. If you weren’t GD, they wouldn’t mind to make issues about that concert. It only proves that you’re a hit maker”

 

“Thanks” he smiled at him.

 

He really finds Teddy like a real brother that’s why every time that he’s facing some issues like this, he always talk to him. It somehow uplifts his mood. And that was his reason why he suddenly showed up on his studio.

 

“Good thing I dropped by here hyung”

 

Teddy chuckles.

 

“You’re lucky the girls are having a special recording session today”

 

“Oh! Really” his heart begins to beat faster. “So how was it going?”

 

“Dara will record your song today.”

 

Jiyong can’t help but to smile. He can’t remember how long it has been since he last seen Dara. It’s like ages ago. They didn’t have any communication at all. They stop exchanging text messages as soon as the ‘hallway incident’ happened. He didn’t even saw her updates on me2day because he stops digging the net lately.

 

“Really?” he’s hiding his happy and excited voice with his coughs.

 

“I just noticed she’s spacing out lately and she‘s having a hard time to stay focus when the studio is crowded” Teddy’s answered.

 

 

‘Read between the lines Jiyong’ he thought.

 


But he seems not to mind what Teddy just told him. He’s drawn from too much excitement and happiness right now. His smile seemed to be glued on his face and Teddy lightly shook his head seeing him like a school boy hiding his excitement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Moments later they heard footsteps and voices of girls. Jiyong tried his best to fix himself. He wanted to look the normal Jiyong, not GD, Bigbang’s leader or their sunbae. He wanted to look simply as Jiyong, their composer.

 

“Kya! Good morning!” Dara warmly greet. She was smiling widely but as soon as she saw that Teddy wasn’t alone, she froze for a bit.

 

“Jiyong oppa…” CL exclaimed. They are all surprised to see him there. She immediately catches Teddy’s eyes and he light shook his head.

 

“Jiyong oppa… it’s a surprise. Congratulations!” Minzy was the first one who broke the silence and bowed at Jiyong.

 


He let out a boyish smile.

 

 

“Thank you maknae.” He smiled. But it easily faded when he remembered something. “Ya! Why did you leave early at my party?”

 

“Sorry Jiyong oppa but we have rehearsals the next day that’s why we leave early.” CL immediately answered.

 

“Aissshhh… you girls always leave early every time I held a party” he sounded disappointed but they all know that he’s fooling around because he’s smiling at them.

 

The girls laughed.

 

“Kiddo! Are you good today?” Teddy asked Dara who looked flushed at the moment. But she manages to give him a smile and put again a happy face.

 

“Aigoo… I’m so nervous today. I’m trying to record again for the nth time” she laughs.

 

“Relax. Just give your best shot.”

 

“I will” she smiled.

 

Then she finally faced Jiyong who’s sitting beside Teddy.

 

“Good morning Jiyong sunbae-nim. Congratulations on your concert. It was a success because of me” she laughed.

 

Jiyong can’t help but to laugh also.

 

 

“Thank you no- noona” he buckled and gave his ‘one sided smile’ on her.

 

“I’m even more pressured today. Sunbae-nim is here and I’ll be recording his song” she’s clasping her both hands tightly.

 

“Relax Dara noona. I know you can do well”


“Kiddo! We’re ready. Please go inside” Teddy instructed.

 

 

She took a while before she entered the recording booth. She can’t explain what she’s feeling right now. She’s really happy and nervous at the same time. Happy because the girls are all here to give her support and nervous because the one who wrote this song was literally in front of her.

 

She doesn’t want to disappoint him. She wants him to be proud of her because she delivered well his song. After all, it was a very beautiful song.

 

“Jiyong oppa, you looked tired” CL told him

 

“Really?”

 

“Look there’s dark circles around your eyes” Bom pointed.

 

“That’s my asset” he laughs.

 

“Kiddo, are you ready?” they heard Teddy. Dara gave approving thumbs up and smiled at them.

 

From where she’s standing she can see the girls proudly smiling at her. She noticed that for the past weeks, they have been extra supportive to her. And she’s really thankful for that. Then she looked at Teddy wearing his serious face every time his doing his job and lastly, to Jiyong, who’s beaming proudly at her.

 

As she heard the music start, she closed her eyes.

 

The girls are holding their breaths as soon as she started to sing. They are all sure that Dara’s voice perfectly fit the song. And for Jiyong who was watching intently at her, he feels like it’s a dé jàvu . He can feel again the very same feelings when he wrote that song.

 

PAIN

 


LOVE

 


SADNESS

 


REGRETS

 

 

 

 

It was the exact night when he chose Jina over her. The exact night when both of them found their selves badly hurt and broken. The exact night YB confronted him. That exact one night… wherein he chooses to write all his feelings because he knows he can lean on to no one. He writes down the all the feelings that he’s trying to cover up with his brave face…

 

In one take, Dara surprisingly perfected the whole song. All the spices that Teddy needed were undeniably and willingly given by her. For the past few days she’s been lacking on putting on emotions to this song but today, she sang it with all of her heart.

 


They all clapped their hands at once- Bom was even crying as the song ended.

 

“It’s a very beautiful song” she tapped Jiyong’s shoulder and sniffs.

 

Dara tried her very best to keep her tears from falling. All that time- she chose to shut her eyes, afraid that Jiyong will see her shed her tears again. Afraid that she might not be able to sing the song because she will burst into tears once she saw Jiyong’s eyes. She wanted to look strong especially now, now that she’s trying to moved on. But the thoughts keep on lingering in her mind… every time she’s trying to sing this song, she can’t help but to see herself in the middle of ‘the hallway’ when Jiyong broke her heart.

 

 

She tried to control the shakiness of her voice which resulted to being husky, but it even sounded good for the song. It really compliments the tune and lyrics of the song. But when she opened her eyes, her tears suddenly fell down.

 

 

 

 

He froze.