One Last Hello

SILENCE

 

YGE staffs together with some of their very successful and popular Idol held an exclusive celebration party right after BigBang’s leader Kwon Jiyong or popularly known as GD successful Shine A Light Solo Concert.

 

Everyone who worked hard starting from the staff up to his special guest performers were overwhelmed on how the concert turned out. Jiyong was nearly in his tears when Pres. YG told him that it’s one of the very successful major concert ever held in Seoul Olympic Stadium. Until now, he can still hear the loud cheers and screams of his fans during his concert. They even went wild when Se7en, one of the most successful Idol from YGE made a surprise appearance to the cheering fans. He even gave him a special number since he’s about to return again in the music scene. But of course, his concert wouldn’t be complete if his own group, Bigbang wouldn’t share the stage with him. Most of the fans are teary eyed watching their favorite boys “complete” again, as the boys shows their full support and happiness for what their leader achieved.

 

But one of the highlights of his concert was the “Hello” performance. The stadium was filled with screams when the “kiss” and “hug” scene surprise not even them, but also the whole staff- including Dara. The so-called ‘Hello couple’ made his fans heartbroken.

 

GD is indeed a heartbreaker.



It’s almost past midnight but still everyone seems to be so hype and full of energy when in fact some of them are sleepless because it’s a two day concert. Laughter’s’ are heard in every corner of the room. Foods are over flowing. The man of the hour, Jiyong received nonstop calls and text messages from the people who congratulate him. He’s everywhere in that room, circling in each table, laughing heartily, chatting and thanking everyone who made his concert possible.

 

At a long table behind the happy Jiyong, Bigbang boys together with Teddy and 2NE1 are laughing at TOP’s usual antic gags. He’s been one of those people who have been extremely hype even if he’s lacking some sleep due to his hit drama series - IRIS. His silliness made everyone laugh. Daesung even team up with his and throw some funny jokes while their audience are happily watching at them.

“Oh, Se7en sunbae-nim” a high pitched voice made their heads turn towards someone who’s approaching their table.

A wide smile lights up in their faces as they saw Se7en coming together with his long time girlfriend, Han Byul. All of them warmly greeted them and even asked them to stay at their table since everyone around them are also busy at their own business.

“Se7en sunbae-nim, have you heard about my popular version of YB’s wedding dress?” Dara smiled as soon as her two long time friend sat in front of her.

Everyone chuckles, anticipating another live performance coming from her.

Se7en smiled

 

 

“What’s up with that formality?” he chuckles.

 Even before, Dara would only address him properly if they are in front of President YG so he was surprised when she called her sunbae instead of Oppa.

Dara blushed.

 She already knew Se7en a long time ago, the same time as she got close to Jiyong and Young Bae. He’s one of her most trusted friends her in Korea. Se7en even helped her during her training days in YG and even shared some funny moments with him. How can she forget Se7en when he’s one of those trainees who asked her to sing and dance In or Out in a restaurant? And the one who even gave her the chance to show Pres YG that she improved a lot while they’re randomly having a good time in a karaoke bar. Se7en was one of the reasons why she - Sandara Park became 2NE1’s fresh vocal.

“Oh nothing, I just missed so badly.” she smiled and looked at him.

“Silly” he pinched her cheeks.

It made everyone laugh.

“So what about Taeyang’s song?”

That made Bigbang boys chuckles. They gave their hyung an approving nod trying to tell them to let her do again her re-make of YB wedding dress song. He easily got their message and winked at them. He turned his head to Dara and flashed his boyish grin to her.

“Dara-ah why don’t you show me your POPULAR Wedding Dress moves” he even emphasize the word popular.

 Being a free spirited and obedient plus funny junior to Se7en, Dara stood up and smile widely at him. Unlike before, when Pres YG asked her to show her dance to him, she’s now more confident and willingly shows her groove.

From a far, Jina closely watched her boyfriend’s action. She watched how he happily welcomes everyone and thanked them for being able to come to his party in such a short notice. She’s been doing that for quiet sometime now that until she heard a group of laughter’s coming from a long table at the corner of the room. Jina was actually surprised to see that Dara’s being so energetic and extremely happy during her boyfriends’ concert. She looked around for Jiyong and she was sure that she’s not really happy to see him watching ‘someone’ adorably.

‘Looks like everyone caught her attention’ Her eyes wanders around and see that everyone’s eying on her. Waiting for what’s happening next.

“Young Bae-ah, is that yours?” Dara pointed a black hat placed in front of him.

He knew exactly what’s running inside her scattered brain - as what others call her brain in. He smile and nod. He’s about to give it to her when Seungri suddenly stood up from his seat , grab something and immediately stood right next to Dara. The next thing they knew, he’s putting ‘someone’ else hat in her head.

“It fits you more Dara noona” he smiled and took again his seat.

“That pabo!” CL hissed she as followed Seungri while giving him a dirty glare but the latter evilly smirks at 2NE1’s leader

 He also stubbornly ignore the other eyes following him, but a smug smile appeared on his face when he finally caught their leaders eyes who’s just a few steps away from their table.

“Dara-ssi, it suits you well” Byul smiled at her. She’s one of the members of their so called 84-liners, together with Bom and Goo Hye Sun

“You think so?”

She gave her an approving nod which made Dara smile brightly at them. She was hesitant at first because she knew exactly to whom this hat belongs to, to Kwon Jiyong. Just a while ago, he used it at some of his performances. She can perfectly smell the scent that still brings butterflies to her stomach.

“Dara unnie it looks exactly the same as Young Bae oppa’s hat at his MV” Minzy broke her silence.

She immediately took off the hat and examined it and then laughed.

“There’s a feather here” she pointed out while still laughing.

“Jiyong oppa sure have a weird fashion taste” CL exclaimed.

They all broke into laughter.

YB finally stood up and carefully positioned GD’s hat exactly the same as he wore it in his MV.

 He smiled.

“That’s much better”

Out of nowhere, they heard a piano playing. All of them are smiling while patiently waiting for the song to start. They tried to hold their breath, not to cause any sound as they quietly laugh for the silliness and dorkiness of then only girl dancing in front of them. Jiyong was watching her intently and can’t help himself to be amused as this fragile- looking girl seems to return from her normal self again. The scattered brain girl he loved, still loves and forever will be loved by him.

A sad smile appeared on her face.

“Young Bae hyung, you should dance too” Daesung whispered to him while wiping his tears coming from his eyes because of so much happiness and laughter from what Dara’s doing in front of them.

There are some changes since the last time she did this dance. She’s even putting funny expressions at every beat which didn’t help her audience but to laugh their hearts out. Tonight, she earns her new title “ Dara” stealing the maknae’s title from her. Meanwhile, YB followed Daesung suggestion and much of their delight, it brought the house down. Pres. YG who’s watching from a distant can’t help himself but to laugh for a while seeing the shy Dong Young Bae sharing the center stage with the hilarious Dara. It’s an epic Wedding Dress performance that night. Some even suggested him to allow these two to perform on stage.

 

“Jiyong oppa...” Jina called him.

 

He immediately turned his head and quickly followed her since she motioned him to do that.

 

“We need to talk” her voice is drop dead serious.

 

Se7en and his girlfriend Byul were clutching their tummies because of the new “duo” dance.

 

 Surely, it’s another Dara’s dance craze after her ever popular In or Out and the Crab dance. He didn’t want to forget this moment even though it is unforgettable indeed so he decided to record everything in his phone while Byul are taking their cute pictures. It took sometime before the laughter’s totally died down. And then, a very deafening round of applause rolled in air. Everyone thanked them for doing a very lovable number.

 

“You totally nailed YB” Teddy chuckled and gave Dara thumps up sign.

 

She blushed.


“ I know. Kekeke”

 

That brought another round of laughter

“Tonight unnie, you’re not Ssandara Park anymore…” CL laughed in between her breath “You’re now Dara Unnie”

“Minzy-ah.. I’ll borrow your title for a while” Dara laughed.                                            

The maknae smiled adorably at her funny unnie who’s now turning into a red cute bobbing head as everyone still continues to praise their dance number. Few weeks ago they got all worried upon seeing her lose herself after what happened between her and Jiyong. But now she’s more relived seeing her unnie slowly gaining back all they’ve thought died, including her HEART.

“Ssantoki, you’re so cute here” Bom showed her some of her pictures a while ago.


“Omo.. yah.. I’m cute here.. and here also” she chuckles.

 

Se7en caught YB again simply smiling at himself while watching at Dara. Then a wide smile flashed in his face.

“Yah, YB. I’m disappointed with you” he .

He saw how again, YB turned into scarlet red.

“Why hyung?”

“Dara –ssi nailed you there. In front of all of us! Aissshhh! Bigbang’s best dancer, you shouldn’t let that rabbit took over your place” he chuckled.

Then another rolled of laughter.

“Ya, hyung!” TOP stood up out of nowhere and tapped Se7en’s shoulder.

When he’s sure that all eyes in their table are with him Bingu Top made its epic comeback.

“I’m Bigbang’s best dancer.”

 They all can’t help but to laugh again.

TOP felt someone tapped his shoulders. It made him stopped dancing weirdly and checked out who disturbed his undeniably funny act. When he turned around, he smiled at the little fragile girl behind him.

“Ya, Tabi.. I’m a better dancer that you.” Dara imitates his weird dance.

“Seriously, noona… you’re creeping me out” he blushed as he shows everyone the goose bumps in his arms then he took off his seat.

Then again. Laughter.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

Jiyong and Jina went to the balcony as no one noticed that the two of them left his party. She’s looking at him seriously while Jiyong tried to escape her dangerous glares by keeping his eyes busy looking at the bright lights of the city.

“I’m not really expecting what you did earlier” Jina broke the silence.

He sighed deeply.

“We already talked about Breathes’ performance yesterday...”

“That’s not what I’m talking about!”

He’s already expecting this. But he didn’t expect that she will bring up this issue tonight. He was actually praying that somehow, she’ll spare this night to him. She’ll let him enjoy the successful turn out of one of his dreams.

“I want it to be the LAST hello performance” she quickly added.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to the party

2NE1, as always, were the one who leaves the party earlier than others. As much as they wanted to stay longer, the maknae’s have rehearsals tomorrow to do some wrapping at their “Please Don’t Go” solo digital single, while the unnie’s have their own workshop to attend. They bid their goodbye to everyone except to Jiyong who ‘mysteriously’ disappeared. Dara felt something hit her stomach when they learned that Jina was also not around the party. It made some speculations that the two purposely leave the party to spend time together. So the ‘three’ girls decided to leave quickly, trying to spare Dara from this kind of situation. They are sure that she doesn’t need anyone to remind her that the ‘couple’ might be doing something more.

“Please tell Jiyong oppa that we need to go” CL reminded YB and then, one by one they all went out of the glass door.

 TOP saw the sadness in Dara’s eyes even she’s smiling lively at them.

“You did great hyung” Daesung called him and gave him a high five.

All of them at that table knew that TOP purposely exerted effort showing his antics and gags while the girls are with them - especially when Dara’s around. They all wanted her to feel a little less pain, a little less lonely every time that they are around, and TOP was doing his own part this night. After YB confession on what happened to the ‘two’ it pains to see her like a soul-less body, like a robot. All they want is to see her do her normal weird self, the scattered brain noona who never fails to make them laugh.

“Isn’t she over doing it?” a frown creased TOP’s forehead.

They all fell into a deep silence. They couldn't find any answer at TOP’s question. All they know right now, is she’s string her very best, to heal the large whole inside her heart. Though they really don’t know if it can be healed again by someone, or time can heal itself, Jiyong- their leader and friend, is making it more difficult for her since he’s kinda being insensitive to what she’s feeling now.

A light cough caught their attention and made all their heads turned to Teddy.

“She’s the toughest girl we ever met so don’t you guys worry. She’s gonna be fine.” he confidently told them. “Just give her more time”

YB chuckled.

“Teddy hyung is right. And besides, we’re all right behind her”