The Ring

SILENCE

Lollipop 2 MV Shooting

 

 

It’s the most colorful stage Bigbang ever had seen in their three years in the industry. Since the previous lollipop concept with 2NE1 has lots of colors that they’ve successfully worked out before, they’ve stick on to in and added different waves and volume to fill up the girl’s spot on the new MV. It’s not a secret that the former endorser of Lollipop phone was now the newest Samsung Corby ladies, competing with their sunbae’s not only on hit charts but also with the sales production of the product. But as they’ve mentioned, it’s a very healthy and friendly competition between VIP’s and Blackjacks

 

 

Bigbang already finished the first half of their MV and were having a quick break.

 

 

“I’m so happy that noona still thinks about us” Seungri exclaimed while looking at the delicious lunch box widely spread at the table.

 

 

“Come on hyungs let’s eat” Daesung called out loud

 

 

YB and TOP who were sitting at the couch munching fruits because of their special diet didn’t made even a single move and continue to watch the rough and unedited shoot earlier. The two maknae’s looked at each other and were a bit confused why all of the sudden, the two closest friend of their noona was not even paying attention on what she prepared for them. Their Leader on the other hand was making his way out wearing his second outfit for the shoot and looking flushed as he continues to look for something under their seats.

 

 

“Look at them, they are acting really weird” Seungri whispers as he starts to attack the juicy meal.

 

 

“Yeah, yeah… I thought I was the only one who notices it. Look at TOP hyung. He’s really hyper and laughing during the shoot but look at him now, he’s returning to his old self again. Spacing out and giving us cold shoulders” Daesung sighed and shook his head lightly. “And YB hyung, looks like he’s really draining his energy. Is there something bothering him? He can’t even crack as smile after Jiyong hyung hopped in the van earlier”

 

 

Seungri’s eyes landed on his favorite hyung.

 

 

“Jiyong hyung what are you doing there? Let’s eat now. Aren’t you hungry? We’ll eat your lunch box”

 

 

Automatically in just a snap, he earned a smack from his head while Jiyong guarded the pink lunch box attentively.

 

 

“At least we still know that Jiyong hyung acts normal” maknae whispered while caressing his aching head.

 

 

“Hyung why aren’t t you eating yet? Aren’t you hungry?”

 

 

“I’m hungry”

 

 

“Then why aren’t you eating?”

 

 

“I’m looking for something”

 

 

“Eh?”

 

 

Jiyong looked around and when he’s sure that it’s just the five of them, he closed the door which earns a curious gaze from his fellow Bigbang members and looked at them desperately.

 

 

“My Wedding Ring is missing”

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

“My ring. Argh! I can’t find it”

 

 

“Seriously?”

 

 

“Do I looked like I’m here to fool around?” he asked back irritatedly while keeps on searching.

 

 

All of them now were looking at the single piece of toke of love and blessed signature of Jiyong and Dara’s marriage. Daesung and TOP scanned the whole dressing area while Seungri went out to inform the staffs that they’ll have a close door ten minutes meeting to give them enough time to look for his precious ring. Jiyong and YB were scanning the whole floor area on the other hand.

 

 

YB glanced at his best friend who seems to be so dead worried and too nervous that he happened to miss his wedding ring that was just right in front of him. Slowly, he took it and doesn’t know how long he’s staring at it.

 

 

‘The next time that he loses you… I’ll never gonna return you’ he thought and saw Dara and Jiyong’s name engraved on the ring.

 

 

Little he didn’t realize, two sharp eyes were also watching him from a far.

 

 

YB get it and put it on the place where in Jiyong could see it quickly. After that, he turns towards TOP to pretend that he’s going to help them. Few seconds later Jiyong was jumping and shouting as if he won in a lottery.

 

 

“I’ve found it! Look hyung, Bae, Dae… I already found it” Jiyong chuckles while wiping the sweat on his forehead.

 

 

“Ji, you shouldn’t be taking off your ring” it was TOP who finally broke his silence for the very first time.

 

 

“But hyung people would speculate…”

 

 

“So?” he raised his eyebrow. “Wear it on the other finger. Just be careful next time. Good thing it was lost near you. And you’ve found it easily” TOP’s eyes looked for YB who was looking at him with questions in his eyes.

 

 

“You know what hyung, you’re the best!” Jiyong bowed to him as a sign of respect and put his wedding ring on his other hand. Now he doesn’t need to worry where he’s going to keep it since both Dara and him agreed not to wear their rings on public events like this.

 

 

“It still fits right?”

 

 

“Ne” YB answered and smiled.

 

 

Seungri came back ready to help his hyung only to found out that they are now happily chatting while sharing and eating the festive snack Dara gave them. His eyes grew big as TOP ate the last piece of rice ball from the box and didn’t even bother to spare him even a single crumble.

 

 

---------------------------------

 

 

Although a bit tired from last night’s show at Soongsil University Dara still manages to wakes up ecstatically to prepare a simple yet delicious brunch for the girls and also for her hubby who’ll soon be picking her up. This would be the last free day for them because the girls would start rehearsing for TTFM MV plus, Dara’s extra training for Step Up movie with Aimee Lucas. On the brighter side, Jiyong’s solo album top the record charts, the successful Shine a Light Concert was a blast, and his schedule now a days is much flexible than the rest of the boys. All he needs to do now is to finish editing his SAL photo book – but all in all, he’s a one happy G Dragon member and leader of Bigbang, 2NE1’s producer and composer who have the time of his life plus he’ll be a supportive husband behind Dara and watch her soar even higher.

 

 

Since they have no schedule for today, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon grabs this opportunity to start moving her things to his apartment permanently and to also spend some quality time together.

 

 

So, who wouldn’t be so excited to wake up now?

 

 

After finishing a well cook meal, Dara quietly opens the girl’s door and a smile formed her lips. The three girls were lying in their comfort zones like a hot potato and really enjoying this one work free day. Slowly she fixed her beddings with mixed emotions and let it rest on the top of her bed for a while. For the last 10 months, it became her silent sanctuary. This is the one who comforts her after a very long tiring but fun day. Then she glances at her sisters, surely she’s going to miss their bonding and rituals every time they are about to sleep, their silly laughter’s, their antics and little chit-chats about Papa Teddy and their fan boys, and even their private and very touching celebration in every successful awards nights.

 

 

Dara sighed.

 

 

“Are you having a hard time leaving the girls?”

 

 

Hearing the soft voice of Jiyong changes her mood in just a snap.

 

 

“Ani. Look at them” she quietly chuckles and glanced at him. The latter hugs her from behind and placed his chin on her small frail shoulder. “Who would have thought that the baddest female CL-roo sleeps like a baby?”

 

 

Jiyong smiled and kissed her cheeks.

 

 

“And our maknae still hugs her pillow tightly and Bomtaro is indeed more beautiful when she’s sleeping”

 

 

“Fan boys’ alert” he sniggers and twirls his wife so that they would be facing one another. “Are you ready to move with me now baby?”

 

 

“More than you ever know” she cutely wrinkled her nose and grind it against him.

 

 

“Come now, let’s go”

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

Ding… Dong…

 

 

It took two more minutes before the door finally opened releasing the tired looking Dong Young Bae on his pajamas. TOP chuckles and looked at his wrist watch. It’s almost noon time still, the gym and work out maniac Young Bae was not in the mood to visit his favorite place – their exercise room.

 

 

“Hyung…” he greeted

 

 

“Ya! Are you sick YB? You look so tired” he teased and lifted the ice cold cans of beer. “Up for a drink?”

 

 

Finally, he chuckles and welcomed TOP on his apartment. Like the rest of Bigbang Boys, he would also have a very hectic schedule since his full length album would be next to release after their Leader. Teddy and Jiyong already wrote some songs for him and it’s his choice to pick which among those will make it to the final cut of his album. Bigbang hyung, TOP is currently busy with his acting career but later on follow their steps after he had finished filming a movie.

 

 

“It’s too early to drink hyung” YB sat at his couch and waited for Boss to run towards him.

 

 

“I should have brought Cassie here too” he answered and headed at his fridge to put the rest of the beers first.

 

 

After a while, TOP returns and faced him. The last two days for him seems to be difficult because he knows he couldn’t open up such things to the boys – except the shy Dong Young Bae. After the ring incident at the MV shoot, he’s more than sure at himself that the two of them were in the same boat.

 

 

“How are you?”

 

 

“Fine hyung. Why?”

 

 

Silence.

 

 

The next thing he knows, TOP was drinking already. He turns more serious now. Knowing his hyung, he would drink with only two reasons: first if there’s a celebration and second, if something’s bothering him. YB straightens to his seat and willingly leans his ears. When he’s still not breaking his silence and continue drinking he decided to ask him.

 

 

“Something wrong hyung?”

 

 

The two sharp eyes of TOP eyed the girl inside the picture hanged on his wall. As far as he remembers, it was taken few years ago back when 2NE1 hasn’t debuted yet. It was them, Bigbang and Dara at the practice room, doing their dynamics, looking silly but happy together. Then he looked straight in YB’s eyes.

 

 

“I’m in love with Dara noona”

 

 

He almost fell on his seat hearing his hyung confessing to him. YB was lost for words seeing the sadness in his eyes. But what can he do? He also can’t find ways to ease the pain that he’s feeling at the moment and now, even his hyung was feeling exactly the same as he is.

 

 

“I’ve love her since the day I’ve seen her YB… I thought I can deny it to myself but I was wrong” he pathetically chuckles. “Ah, I’m so stupid. I should have confessed to her before… I shouldn’t have stop myself from loving her even before”

 

 

“Bu- but hyung… she’s with Ji now”

 

 

The latter chuckles and opened another can of beer for YB. He pushed it a little closer to him and rested his back on his couch.

 

 

“Is that the reason why you gave her up before Young Bae?”

 

 

It struck like a thousand lighting volts. His senses become numb and he looked paler.

 

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about hyung” YB chuckles nervously and took a zip from the can.

 

 

“Come on, don’t you think I didn’t know about it? You maybe not as transparent as Ji but your eyes couldn’t lie.”

 

 

Neither more to say, he’s already busted. He sighed heavily and looked at the picture his hyung was staring few minutes ago.

 

 

“Why did you let her slipped away?”

 

 

“Because Ji’s my friend hyung…”

 

 

Another silence.

 

 

-------------------------------

 

 

It took almost half of their day to finally set up everything in their proper places since the couple declined YG’s offer of hiring a professional Interior Decorator for their new pad. Both Jiyong and Dara hand in hand helped one another in fixing, changing and moving the furniture’s to make this bachelor’s pad turns in a cozy, family oriented home. With a twist of Dara’s touch, it feels more welcoming and relaxing place to stay with. She was the one in-charge in choosing matchy colors that bend well with their personality.

 

 

The heavy curtain was replaced with white and light yellow cotton curtains with soft texture that allows sun rays and fresh air to freely pass thru the window and terrace and as an added bonus, it also easy to see the Han River view that’s just in front of their building. The plushy pillows where changed in to cotton candy colors to give the room more life. When it comes to their kitchen, it remained the same except from Dara’s mugs and plates. They needed to shop for their foods later on since Jiyong’s fridge was empty.

 

 

Lastly to their ‘love nest’ Jiyong hanged their wedding picture parallel to their bed. Dara changes TOM and Laura blanket with a simple plain white covers with Tamtamie at the center. She even put fresh scented flowers at the side table and also aromatic candles to help them ease tiredness. Now they are free to put their pictures all over the place since only their closest friends and family would see it. Dara’s picture frames where nicely filling the built in cabinet near Jiyong’s computer while almost all of his pictures were on Dara’s computer side. The spacious walk in closet was now divided with two but because Jiyong owns tons of shoes, clothes and accessories they had a hard time sorting out on how all Dara’s things would fit on to it.

 

 

Indeed a very tiring, but fun experience.