Erased

SILENCE

 

2NE1 are on their way to Busan to shoot some scene for SBS Gayo Daejun that will be air few days from now. Bom and Minzy sleep on the trip while Dara and CL are busy chatting with each other. Although still suffering from a bad headache, Dara was the one really ecstatic on this trip. She’s actually excited to go back on her hometown so she keeps fooling around at the train and failed to notice the sleepy Chaerin who keeps on yawning every now and then.

 

“Did Bomtaro and Minji-ah slept late last night?”

 

CL nodded - actually all of them slept late last night because they are worried for her. Even YB already told them not to worry, still they can’t help it.

 

“They actually chat until it became late”

 

“Aigoo! I’m really excited to go back to Busan!” she excitedly chirped and widely smiles at her.

 

“Good thing they allowed us to go there earlier, we can still rest” CL yawned. She really wanted to keep Dara company since the three of them agreed on this term - not to let Dara alone especially during this time.

 

“Do you think they’ll let us wander around?” Dara looked outside, though she can see snows all over, she still hopes that they’ll have a chance to go around the place.

 

CL just shrugged her shoulders and lay back comfortably at the seat. “It’s too cold outside unnie”

 

Dara pouted.

 

“I still hope they will”

 

“You must miss Busan unnie. I can feel your happiness and excitement whenever we’re talking about that place”

 

She let out a deep sighed and smiled sweetly at CL.

 

“That’s my hometown… I grew up there ‘til I was 10 years old. Ah, I missed that place so much” Dara looked again outside the window. “I used to play on those streets. I was just starting to enjoy my childhood there - that’s the only place I know I really belong, but when we moved in the Philippines, I feel my happiness was drained. I don’t have any friends, I can’t understand what they are saying - I fell alone. I feel I don’t exist… Do you also felt the same why CL-roo when you moved ba-” she stopped.

 

Her supposed to be listener fell asleep. Then she chuckles.

 

“Omo! I was talking to myself all this time” she put on the blanket she’s carrying around CL and let her sleep soundly. She looked around on Bom and Mizy who are still sleeping. She lightly tucked them in with their own blankets and took her seat again.

 

Even she was the only one who’s awake on their trip, she still smiles by herself

 

“Ssantoki will not let this easily passed” Dara quietly laughs and grab her phone from her pocket. One by one she took their pictures while sleeping. She was busy taking a selca when her phone beeped.

 

YB: Dara noona, how are you?
DARA: I’m fine kekeke! We’re travelling now! Choo-choo!
YB: Have a safe trip =)
DARA: Aigoo! It’s even colder here.
YB: U brought ur gloves right?
DARA: Yes. I didn’t 4get it kekeke
YB: I’m relieved
DARA: Ya!
YB: Just kidding
DARA: I know! Kekeke
YB: got 2 go. Need to practice
DARA: Kkk! See you soon =)

 

YB smiled and flipped his phone down. He’s now at the practice room with Jiyong and Jina rehearsing for Gayo Daejun since they are also going to perform Korean Dream. For a swift moment he caught Jiyong looking at him but quickly pulled it back and looked around instead.

 

‘Busted’ YB chuckles and lightly shook his head while putting his phone back on his bag. They are resting for five minutes before they continue to their rehearsals.

 

“Who’s that YB oppa? Dara-ssi?” Jina widely smiled at him

 

He gave him an approving nod and smiled.

 

“I knew it! I really like to see you… both of you together” she happily chirped

 

Jiyong, with his well rehearsed poker face ignored the two and drink the water beside him.

 

“I just noticed that you’re really comfortable hanging out with her.”

 

“Noona’s really easy and fun to be with” YB chuckles

 

“Dara-ssi is really a sweet girl. I really find her a charming and warm person. Right oppa?” Jina glanced at Jiyong who’s keeping his self busy by tossing the bottle up and down.

 

He forced to smile with the two who’s enjoying their chit-chat

 

Jina smile widely. “I hope she will find someone perfectly right for her. And I hope it would be you or even TOP oppa. They really looked good together - especially on their MV before.”

 

What Jina just said brought a wave of memory to Jiyong…

 

 

 

 

-FLASH BACK-


Thailand 2008

 

Bigbang Boys are in Thailand for their concert and since they still got time to spare, their promoter allowed a live interview for their fans. VIPs are really happy to see them live while some of their personal questions are answered directly by them - of course with the help of interpreter.

 

The boys had a good laugh every time they were being asked about Seungri who wasn’t able to come with them due to his solo compromises back in Korea. But their laughter’s turned into an awkward tension when TOP was asked about his I’m Sorry MV.

 

At first, all of them laughed after hearing the question. Taeyang even looked and pointed Jiyong after seeing his unexpected reaction. He was laughing so hard which is unusual for him because every time this question was being asked to TOP before, he always remains quiet.

 

TOP that time became sweaty and felt a tension building around him especially now that his sitting between Jiyong and Young Bae.

 

Their MV became one of the most searched kissing scenes in the K-pop world since it was his first time to do it. Dara who wasn’t even debuting that time and was an ordinary YG trainee earned instant antis from TOP’s avid fan girls. She became one of the most researched Korean women that time which surprises even Pres YG. He didn’t expect that fans will reach about it since he made sure that it wouldn’t be clear if it was a real kiss or just a camera trick by using different angles while filming it.

 

As soon as the question finally sinks in at Jiyong, he felt uncomfortable. And he somehow irritates him after hearing TOP’s answer. He can directly answer YES or NO but he definitely gave a clear answer.

 

Question: Did you really kissed at I’m Sorry MV?


TOP: We have NG’s but I didn’t keep on tracking it. Well, we have 2 NG’s in that scene.

 

For some unidentified reason, Jiyong can’t help but to smirked while looking at him as he answers the question. He laid his back on the couch and turned into a serious face. He even caught YB smiling at him but he can’t smile back.

 

‘He’s so obvious’ YB thought himself.

 

After that question, it seems like there’s an invisible dark cloud around Jiyong and TOP that only the three of them can see. Jiyong wasn’t in the mood to participate actively in the interview, while TOP is too obvious that he’s tense. Until he can’t take it anymore, Jiyong secretly tapped TOP on his side and lean closely at him.

 

“Why did you just directly answer the question?” he whispered but he’s still avoiding to move his lips so that no one will notice that the two of them are having a private talk while in the middle of an interview.

 


“I am not allowed to say anything about that” TOP whispered back and took a drink to lessen the dryness of his throat.

 

TOP was avoiding this kind of questions even before. He actually couldn’t look on both Jiyong and YB eyes every time this issue was being brought up. He remembered when their MV came out, thier President together with Teddy and Kush, Gummy and even the girls of 2NE1 who was still trainees are in one of the function room at YG building watched the full MV - he heard ‘woots’ and cheers when their kissing came up.

 

Jiyong was so stiff that time. He was sweating even the room is fully air conditioned. No one warns him about that scene - even Dara. He was asking her on what happened to the MV but she didn’t give any hint about it. Even TOP never gave him any information about this. It just came out of nowhere and it’s too late to closed his eyes because he already seen it.

 

But credit to TOP and Dara who really looked so beautiful together. It’s a tragic love story of as sick girl who chose to die alone and left her lover without even giving him any reason why. He actually proposed to her but still, she left him. It made him so mad and it was too late when he knew that she’s sick all those time. She died already when he found the church where she’s hiding.

 

Instead of being proud at TOP for his award winning acting, he gave him cold shoulder for weeks.

 

-END OF FLASH BACK-

 

Jina’s hands on his shoulder brought him back to his senses.

 

“Right oppa? They really looked good on their MV?” she raised her eyebrows.

 

“Let’s start practicing again YB” he ignored her and quickly stood up.

 

She’s getting used to it on how Jiyong treats him. Sometimes he needed to be reminded that he should treat him nicely because of the pictures. And when she fresh’s his memory he would again be nice to her. It’s always like that. She let out a frustrated sigh while watching them start to dance again. She was starting to get bored until something caught her eyes. Jina secretly took it. She frowned and looked back at Jiyong who still continue to dance.

 

 

============================================================

 

The girls are resting on their hotel rooms when their school uniforms that they will wear tomorrow came. All of them put it on to make a last minute check before they used it for tomorrow’s show.

 

“Bom unnie and Dara unnie can really passed like a high school student”

 

The two unnie’s giggles while still looking at their reflections.


“Kya! I’m excited for tomorrow!” Dara happily squealed but she felt was burning. Since she woke up earlier, is swelling inside. She already took some medicines for it but it seems like it’s not effecting.

 

“Me too”

 

“Aigoo! I’m not feeling well” she whispered to herself but she didn’t noticed CL was already now behind her holding something on her hand.

 

“Are you sick Dara unnie?” CL worriedly asked

 

She wears her best smile and beamed at her.

 

“No. Actually I’m really fine now. I’m really excited” Dara bounce back

 

“Oh, I thought I just heard you… well anyway I’ve got the official line up for the show” she put out the white piece of paper in the table so the four of them will equally see what’s written there.

 

“Oh look Dara unnie, another Hello performance” Minzy pointed. It’s written in bold capital letters.

 

HELLO - G Dragon ft. Dara Park (2NE1)

 

“Omo! Hello… hello…” Dara happily chanted after seeing it.

 

“And this is epic, Let’s go Party collaboration with Jiyong oppa and Young Bae oppa” it was CL’s turn to point the next number after Hello.

 

“Wow! CL-roo, you’ll do heartbreaker.”

 

 

===============================================================

 

 

After an hour of heavy breathing practice and sweaty dance rehearsals, Jiyong finally took his seat beside Jina. He seen her quietly waiting for him and patiently waited until they are the one who’s only left in the practice room.

 

“I’ve warned you before… no MORE Hello performance!” She angrily threw the crumpled paper.

 

“YG already signed that. I can’t do anything about it” he lied and started to fix his things.

 

He didn’t even waste his time looking at her. All he cares about is to perform with Dara again. He really wanted to make an effort to her now - especially now, after he heard everything she said to him yesterday when she’s crying because of drunkenness.

 

He wanted to start things right now. He can’t bear to see her like that again.

 

Jina’s eyes turned into tiny slits. She knew he’s lying. She knew he can do something to change the line-up.

 

“I’m warning you Ji! If you pursue it you’ll see how your beloved Sandara Park’s career turned out! And I’m not going to be surprised if she blames you for that!” she threatened and leave him alone slamming the practice room’s door loudly.

 

“Aissshhh… AH!!!!!!” Jiyong frustratedly punched the wall.

 

She perfectly knows how to play the game with him. Jina knows his weakness. How can be so stupid to fall on her traps? How can be so helpless right now?

 

He flipped his phone and dialed a number…

 

“Sajang-nim… can I dropped by at your office tonight?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s conditioned was starting to get worse. Weather in Busan's killing her. Her sore throat that started yesterday turned into fever. Since she doesn’t want to be a burden to the girls so she didn’t let them know how that she’s suffering from a fever now and still acts normal especially when they are around. All of them are excited to be back in Seoul to practice for their stage performance with their sunbae’s again.

 

“The girls are here” YB chuckles after reading Dara’s text message on him

 

“Yeah?” Jiyong looked at him blankly while leaning his head on the wall. He’s been like that from the very moment they stepped on the practice room. He looked flushed.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

Jiyong let out a heavy sigh and nod his head.

 

‘You don’t look like one’ YB silently told him. Then his phone beeped again. He frowned a little after reading it and turned to Jiyong.

 

“I’ll just meet sajang-nim. I’ll be back” he hurriedly run towards the door and squeezed himself out leaving Jiyong stiff after hearing what he just said.

 

He knew YG will tell YB what he just told him last night. He’s having a heavy heart on how the things turned out and just looked at his hand that’s a little swelled.

 

 

 

 

 

-FLASH BACK-

 

YG's Office

 

“Jiyong, what brings you here?” YG instructed him to take his seat.

 

He immediately complied and bowed at him. He’s been practicing what he’s going to say to the Pres even before he got there.

 

“Sajang-nim… I was thinking if we can do The Leaders instead of Hello” Jiyong started.

 

It kinda surprised YG about this thing since he saw how he’s face lightens up when he gave the official list of lineup for the stage show earlier.

 

“The girls will be arriving tomorrow night. Chaerin will already do your Heartbreaker and I’m considering Chaerin’s position now. She might not be able to concentrate if she’ll going to sing three songs that night”

 

“I believe in Chaerin’s talent” he firmly answered looking straight at YG’s eyes.

 

“Why sudden change your line up?”

 

He smiled at him.

 

“It’s a great song sajang-nim and I’m thinking of pursuing it. Maybe we can do and MV for it instead of Hello.” He chuckles.

 

YG let out a deep sighed. He can’t actually believe what he’s hearing. He doesn’t know what running inside Jiyong’s mind. Why suddenly backing out on their plans of making an MV before when he was the one who insisted of making it.

 

“Show me a presentation of all the songs before the Gayo Daejun. I’ll call the organizer to inform them the little changes that we will make. You can go now”

 

He bowed quickly and ran outside his office. Jiyong flipped his phone and dialled a number.

 

“We’ll be performing The Leaders, Sajang-nim already agreed” the cuts the call and tighten his grip on it almost like crushing it.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

Jiyong snapped out after hearing the voices of the girls running towards the room. He composed himself. 2NE1 excitedly hurried at the practice room upon arriving to Seoul. They sent their luggage’s direct to their apartment while they immediately go to YG building. They are actually surprised to see Jiyong alone in the middle of the room practicing.

 

“Jiyong oppa” CL greeted him.

 

“What’s up 2NE1?” he widely smiled at them. “How’s Busan?”

 

Minzy smiled.

 

“It was great Jiyong oppa, but it’s so cold”

 

He didn’t anymore waste time. He quickly looked at Dara who’s smiling brightly at him. He noticed the pink beanie that TOP gave her. He smirked for a while.

 

“Dara noona, we’ll not performing Hello anymore. I’ve replaced it with The Leaders instead” he smiled at CL.

 

As expected, Dara looked stunned in disbelief on what she just heard from him. She saw the line-up for the show. It was there, written in there. She snapped and repeated what just Jiyong told her ‘I’ve replaced it’

 

“But oppa, I’ll do your Heartbreaker on the show” CL protested.

 

“I know you can do it. We’ve already performed it on my concert. And I believe on your talent.” Jiyong purposely looked at Dara intently when he told CL about the ‘talent’ thing. As if he’s transmitting a message on her.

 

She’s not as scattered brain as what he thinks. She clearly understands what he’s trying to tell her. She’s not as talented as CL. Dara looked at him with a smug smile.

 

“Sunbae-nim is right CL-roo. We know you can do it. We believe in your talent” she manages to look in his eyes directly.

 

“But unnie you’ve pra-”

 

“It’s alright CL-roo, I think it’s a great song” she smiled at her but she saw something on CL’s eyes.

 

“Noona is right. It’s a strong song. It really fits the show, unlike Hello. It’s really not as good as that one” Jiyong chuckles.

 

That hit Dara - she feels small again. Before, he was one of those people who never stop believing her. He was the one who always give her constructive criticism on how she can improve her singing skill when everyone around her is giving her harsh comments. But now, he turned into an instant destructor of her confidence, an instant critic of her work. She felt her eyes heated but manages to put on a very well rehearsed brave face so he won’t notice that what he just said hurts her.

 

“I’ll just go to the storage room. I felt my throat went dry” she excused herself and run outside the door.