Cup of Coffee

SILENCE

"Kya! Good morning Seungri-ah, Good morning Jiyong-ah” Dara widely smiled at them when they both went out of the maknae’s room.

 

Jiyong was now on his jogging pants and shirt and really looked like he’s freshly out of the shower, while Seungri was still on his pajamas.

 

“Noona, why are you awake so early?” the maknae frowned “You should still be resting. It’s your vacation”

 

“I woke up early today. Maybe because I wasn’t on my own room that’s why.” she chuckles and continues to prepare them breakfast.

 

“I am not surprised to hear that noona”

 

It earns the maknae an early smack coming from Jiyong who’s silently looking at the festive breakfast that Dara prepared for them.

 

“Aww”

 

“Ya! Stop it. It’s too early for that. You should start eating now or else you’ll be late” she faced them again after hearing the maknae. She even pointed the wall clock hanging on the kitchen. It’s quarter to 7 in the morning.

 

Without hesitation, Seungri started to attack the food while trying to nurse his slightly bruised head while Jiyong silently seat beside him and ignored the mumbling of words the maknae’s saying to him.

 

“Aigoo! It’s so cold today. I don’t think we can enjoy going out today” Dara finally took her seat in front of the two boys hugging herself again.

 

“Did you bring thick jackets? You can use mine if you don’t have one”

 

“You can use my too noona” the maknae in who’s having a difficult in speaking because his mouth is full.

 

She chuckles.

 

“Take it easy Seungri-ah. There are still more here”

 

She watched how the two eat the food that she cooked.

 

“Oh! I almost forgot” Dara hurriedly run to Jiyong’s room and grab something when she came back.

 

“What’s that?” Jiyong asked weirdly

 

“Vitamins! I’m already taking one now” she smiled

 

“Thank you for the delicious food noona” Seungri bowed at her leaving his plate stain free.

 

“You really eat fast”

 

“It’s because you cooked so well noona” he winked at her which didn’t escape from Jiyong’s eyes.

 

He smirked and continues to eat.

 

“He only eats fast because we’re going to be late. Look at the time - you still not ready yet”

 

“I’m sleepy. I slept late last night” he reasoned out to Dara.

 

“Ya!”

 

He hurriedly stood up to escape from the smack that he’s surely will get from his hyung.

 

“I need to go to the bathroom now”

 

Jiyong watched the maknae who’s half running and half walking away from him.

 

He grinned.

 

“Tamtamie-ah you should eat also - look at you - you look thinner” he heard Dara talked to her baby doll again. He even caught her kissing it.

 

‘How can he possibly eat if he’s a doll’ he thought himself and threw a dirty glare on Tamtam. ‘I told warned you last night… if you continue to - ”

 

“Aren’t you going to eat that?”

 

“Huh?” he snapped out and finally saw Dara pointing his untouched plate. “Oh, yeah… of course I’m going to eat this” he was about to attack the food when he heard her again.

 

“Wait - ”

 

“What?”

 

“Give Tamtamie a piece”

 

‘You got to be kidding me. It’s mine! But you little devil are asking for a piece of it’ he once more looked at the doll and for some reasons, he finds it smirking at him.

 

“Sure. No problem” he manages to smiled at her and gives him a very small piece.

 

Dara faced again her baby doll.

 

“Tamtamie-ah say thank you to Jiyong oppa”

 

“Thank you Jiyong oppa” Both her and Tamtam bowed at him.

 

He doesn’t know if he’s going to laugh out loud on what he’s seeing. She was really engrossed talking to her doll and acting like it was a real human being that needed to be feed. She even calls him ‘oppa’ which means that Tamtamie is a girl.

 

‘Oppa’ he loved that word. For the first time he heard her called him ‘oppa’ Even though it has a double meaning, he still can’t help to feel happy. He’s wishing that she means the same meaning he’s silently praying.

 

“Hyung lets go!” Seungri surprised them by being able to fix himself in just a swift moment. He was even fully dressed up now and carrying his bag packs.

 

Jiyong laughed.

 

“Ya! Maknae, are you sure you take a shower?”

 

He just ignored him and started to put on his rubber shoes.

 

“Look at the time hyung, if we stay a little longer we’ll miss the bus”

 

“Oh, you’re right. It’s almost time now” Dara agreed while looking at the clock again.

 

“See hyung” he jumped off his feet and hurriedly went outside.

 

Jiyong just need to put on his shoes and he’s ready to go. He really doesn’t want to out but since it’s another practice day, he has to comply. He wanted to stay longer with Dara since he’s been lacking his chance whenever they are in Korea. But now, he’s sure that even he goes back there, he can now do what he wants. He can stay longer at her side - just like the old times.

 

 

 

 

 

-FLASH BACK-

 

A day before they go to Japan…

 

“I don’t care about the pictures anymore!” he firmly told Jina

 

“What? Are you sure?” she can’t hide the disbelief on her face.

Her eyes are squinting into tiny slits. She’s not expecting to hear this coming from Jiyong especially. She let out a nervous chuckles

 

“Well if that’s the case I am willingly and open heartedly giving tho-”

 

Jiyong chuckles.

 

“I’ll be thanking you if you do that. You’re giving us a favor Jina” he laughed a little then looked at her straight in her eyes. “We can freely go out once those pictures are released”

 

“I don’t understand you. You’re just joking right? You are so worried before but now…”

 

She stopped.

 

She saw how Jiyong looks so dead serious right now. She never had seen him looking at her like that. She can sense grudge on his eyes.

 

“I became impulsive that time.” He chuckles. “I never thought that we can really benefit on what’s your planning. I became too sensitive about Dara’s career that I completely forgot that the brighter side of the situation.”

 

She became furious. She never thought that it would turn out like this. She never saw this one coming.

 

“And about Dara’s career… I am sure that it will only cause her a slim scratch since I’ll forever will be at her side” he turned around.

 

“Aissshhh…. You’ll regret this Ji! Wait and see!” she shouted “I’m not letting this one be easy on you!”

 

-END OF FLASH BACK-

 

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong hyung we’re going to be late!”

 

“I’m coming!” he answered back and tied his shoelace. He looked at Dara who’s waiting for him at the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara unnie… let’s go” CL excitedly called her.

 

Even its cold today, the girls decided to enjoy their vacation in Japan. And being the only one who’s more familiar at the streets and shopping places of it since they lived in Japan before, CL willingly offered herself to be their tour guide today.

 

“I’m coming…” she quickly replied and then look at Tamtamie who’s lying on Jioyng’s bed. “Tamtamie-ah stay here okei? Don’t leave. It’s so cold outside and you might catch colds. Wait for me here” she kissed her doll and wore Jiyong’s jacket since he offered it earlier and her pink beanie.

 

“This is a much neater and cooler place than Young Bae and Daesung oppa” Minzy exclaimed while wandering around the place.

 

“It’s because Jiyong oppa is a really well organized person unlike Seungri-ah” CL smirked. “Look at his room!” pointing at the opened door of the Bigbang maknae’s room.

 

“You’re invading his privacy CL-roo” Bom chuckles but she can’t help herself also to look at the maknae’s room.

 

“Look!”

 

Minzy quickly covered her eyes with both of her hands while Dara can’t help herself to scream a little.

 

“Ya! CL-roo put that down” she squealed after seeing the sponge bob boxer shorts that she’s holding.

 

“It’s his underwear! He just left it here! What a ridiculous pabo! Doesn’t she know that there’s a girl living with them?” CL laughs

 

“The boys wouldn’t be so happy if they know that we’re lurking their stuffs.”

 

“Let’s check out Jiyong oppa’s room” Minzy happily chirped. “You’re staying on her room right Dara unnie?”

 

“His room is really neat. No need to check on it” she smiled at them

 

“Come on let’s go now. I’m excited!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BIGBANG’S PRACTICE ROOM

 

 

 

“Ya! Maknae you looked tired”

 

He was continuously yawning every now and then since their practice starts as if he was the only one greatly affected on 2NE1’s suddenly invasion of their apartments.

 

“I didn’t catch sleep last night” he yawned again.

 

YB chuckles while seeing Jiyong giving the maknae a warningly look.

 

“Really? Why? Did Dara noona stayed so late last night?” TOP asked.

 

He shook his head and looked at their Leader.

 

“She slept early last night.” He quickly answered

 

TOP let out a deep sighed and smiled at him.

 

“So how’s noona?”

 

“She cooked breakfast for us” Jiyong proudly answered as if he’s trying to compete on them on what the other girls did to them this morning.

 

“Really? Ya! Noona’s your guest. Why are letting her do household chores - she should be resting and relaxing while staying at your apartment”

 

“She already cooked for us even before we woke up.” He defensively answered

 

“Jiyong hyung is right TOP hyung. She already prepared breakfast for us. We’re actually planning to surprise her but she -”

 

“I’m beginning to envy you now” Daesung in.

 

“It’s unfair. They should be changing rooms every night so we can bond with every girls”

 

“He’s right. They should change rooms” TOP agreed

 

They four boys all agreed on the idea, except Jiyong.

 

He frowned at them.

 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. They’ll be restless if every day they will move to one place to another.”

 

“But how can we bond at them if they’re stuck on one roof for the whole five days of their vacation here? We have rehearsals”

 

“Just visit Dara noona. You are all welcome on our room” Seungri glanced at Jiyong and gave him a smug smile.

 

“That’s a good idea maknae” TOP gave a high five to the latter.

 

“Ya! I’m not even agreeing” Jiyong protested

 

“You can visit the girls on our room also.” YB chuckles ignoring their irritated looking Leader.

 

“Really? TOP hyung can I go to your room tonight?” Seungri’s face lightens up and jumping in excitement.

 

“Daesung is really lucky. Bom noona and Minzy-ah are staying with us” YB teased.

 

The latter immediately blushed. They’ve been pairing him to Bom and Minzy from the very start. YB even sends him a prank text message pretending that she’s Minzy and confessing her love to him. He became so anxious but looked really proud after the message sinks in on him. He consulted the Bigbang Boys about this situation and it gave them a good laugh when they brought to them that it was just a prank text message. What made them laughed harder was when his face fell after learning that it wasn’t really true.

 

“I can still remember that prank message” Jiyong started to laugh

 

“Aigoo! That was so embarrassing hyung. You caught me on that one” Daesung shyly smiled at them.

 

“What do you think noona will like if I visited her?” TOP cuts off their laugh trip.

 

“We have household rules hyung” Jiyong quickly answered him

 

“But we don-”

 

“We already have maknae. Right?” he gave him a knowing look and the maknae shuts his mouth completely.

 

“Rules? Why do have rules?”

 

“It’s because I want.. I mean Seungri and I wanted to make sure that she will be well rested while she’s staying with us”

 

TOP wasn’t that insensitive to feel and sense that he’s becoming a bit irritated whenever he talks about Dara. He is sure he’s becoming jealous at him because of the attention that she’s giving him - like what they planned. He smiled widely at him.

 

“Alright, I guess I have to just follow your rules”

 

The four boys watched Jiyong while writing his so called ‘house hold rule.’ They are quietly laughing as they watched him looking so serious about it. It took him few minutes before he completely finished his own five step rule. If YG has five step rules for the girls’ suitor, he has his own five step rule for visiting her.

 

“Here. Read it clearly before you even planned on visiting her”

 

The boys scattered around the paper in the center of the table while reading it one by one.

 

 

RULES:
1. You can only visit her if you’re done on your chores
2. Visiting hours are from 8am- 7pm only
3. No unnecessary behavior like hugging (etc.)
4. Clean your own mess
5. No one will tell her about this rule

 

• If you violates this rule. You are forever blacklisted on our apartment.

 

 

 

“Hey, unfair! Why is it only from 8am - 7pm only? If we have practice we can’t visit her” YB protested.

 

Jiyong secretly praised himself.

 

‘I know’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even it’s freezing outside, that didn’t stops the girls from enjoying and invading some popular Japanese streets around Tokyo. They don’t have difficulty bargaining some stuff since they’re already taking Japanese lessons and CL’s with them. Dara would always give them a good laugh while trying different quirky and weird clothes and even accessories on. Minzy enjoys watching her unnie while bugging Bom to stop giving her girly clothes.

 

When they are finally tired they decided to fill their empty stomachs with delicious Japanese food. They forget first their upcoming photo shoot and eat their foods whole heartedly.

 

“That’s a good one” CL smiled

 

“I really love Japanese foods!” Minzy exclaimed

 

“CL-roo, where are you planning to bring us next?” Dara happily chirped

 

“Ssantoki let’s rest for a while. Aren’t you even tire yet? My legs are cramping now” Bom asked while massaging her legs.

 

“Bom unnie is right. Let’s rest for a while. This is a nice spot. Look!” CL pointed outside.

 

“That’s the famous Tokyo Tower. Wow!”

 

“There’s an old tale about that. If a couple kissed in front of it while watching the sunset, they’ve never break up” CL whispered

 

“Aigoo! Really? That’s so romantic” Bom exclaimed.

 

They all laughed.

 

“Let’s visit Bigbang sunbae’s I’ve never seen all of them.”

*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kya! Annyeonghasayoe!” The four of them suddenly showed up at the boys practice room.

 

They all automatically stopped on what they’re doing to properly and excitedly welcomed them. Each one of them are really happy to see finally the girls - especially TOP who wasn’t seen her for quiet sometime now.

 

“I thought you’re all gone for shopping?” Jiyong hurriedly run towards Dara

 

She smiled at him.

 

“We’ve brought foods” and handed him a separate plastic of food.

 

His eyes grew big after seeing it.

 

“It’s for me?”

 

She nods her head and chuckles.

 

“Oh Tabi! Wow… you look good today”

 

The latter shyly chuckles and smile widely at her.

 

“I’ve brought something for you guys also… here”

 

“Noona why Jiyong hyung gets a solo meal?” Seungri frowned

 

YB chuckles while starting to open the large box of food Dara gave them while Jiyong was eating his food at the far end of the room clearly stating that he’s not going to share it to anyone.

 

“It’s my thank you gift for him” she chuckles. “Don’t worry, your foods are much expensive than his” Dara whispered at them which made them all laugh.

 

“It’s really good when someone surprises us bring us food” Daesung mumbles

 

“Maknae let Ji do his way” TOP dragged their maknae

 

CL who’s been observing them can’t help but to smirked at Seungri after remembering his underwear he left in his room earlier.

 

“Ya! Chaerin why are you keep on looking at me like that?”

 

“I just remembered your spongey boy boxers”

 

The boys all laughed which made the maknae blushed.

 

“Ya! Why are you looking at my personal stuffs? And If I remember correctly you really liked sponge bob! Aissshhh, Chaerin don’t tell me you’re planning to steal my boxers but My Dara noona caught you earlier? Aissshhh… You shouldn’t have told me. I am willingly and proudly giving it to you if you just say so...” he shook his head with disappointment on his face.

 

“LEE SEUNGRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

“Oh why? I’ll put my autograph don’t worry” he winked at her.

 

That earns another loud growl coming from CL.

 

“Ya! Stop it kids” Bom chuckles.

 

While they are all busy watching at the cat and dog tandem fighting again TOP finds this chance to finally talk to Dara who’s laughing as the two continues their fight.

 

“Noona, how have you been?” he smiled at her.

 

“Fine.. you? I haven't contacted you when you fkew back here.”

 

“We’ve been starting to practice for our concert” he chuckles. “How are you feeling?’

 

Dara blushed.

 

“Great. I’m really feeling great. Oh, I haven’t got the chance to thank you for taking care of me when I got sick”

 

“Oh that’s nothing noona..”

 

“You’re always there whenever I passed out” she chuckles

 

“I’ve noticed that also noona. But I must say I should start working more on my arms. You’re getting heavy and I’m feeling that my arms weakens the last time I carried you” he teased

 

“Ya!”

 

“Just kidding” he laughs “But you really are heavy”

 

“It’s alright. I know you’re a tough man” she chuckles

 

Little they did know Jiyong was already eavesdropping to their conversation. The last phrase Dara said made him stiff.

 

‘Tough younger man…’ it alarms him ‘TOP hyung is a tough… younger man… she even called him tough… Aissshhh… I really need to do something...’

 

That night, all of them decided to walk them way home. The girls even waited them to finally finished practicing so they can have a nice chit-chat with them. Jiyong purposely asked Dara to stay behind since he’s at the back of the rest of them while they are walking.

 

“Do you want to go out tonight?” he whispered to her.

 

“Tonight? Where are we going?” she whispered back.

 

“I wanted to show you something”

 

Dara looked at him weirdly thinking that he might be planning something on her. Jiyong knows that look of her and he quietly chuckles trying to suppress his little laugh to avoid any noise that might catch the other’s attention. He looked at her straight in her eyes.

 

“I’m not going to do anything foolish at you” he whispered again.

 

“Are the girls coming also? Do you have a surprise for us?”

 

“No, it’s just you… so behave yourself. We’ll going to sneak” he gently hold her hand.

 

Since they are the ones who's walking behind the rest of them, he intentionally slow down thier pace creating a distance from the others - and without any warning, he pulled her onto other direction and turned to one of the busy street of Tokyo and completely run away from them.

 

“Ya! What are you doing? We might get lost? They’ll all get worry if they notice that we’re gone” Dara pulled back her hand.

 

“They won’t you’re with me” he smiled and hold her hand again.

 

Dara wasn’t used to it walking in street with him - back in Korea they couldn’t do that because people will surely notice them, but since they are in Japan now, they are ordinary people tonight. Just like everyone around them. They aren’t the popular GD of Bigbang and Dara of 2NE1… they are normal people again.

 

It feels good to be back on their normal life. No camera around, no fans wanting to get a piece of them - they doesn’t have to worry if they are walking on streets while their hands are tightly clasped on one another. She can clearly see that he’s smiling widely. He’s getting back to his old self - back when he was still caring for her, back when he’s always smile at her every time she turns her eyes to him… she never seen him like this before for a long time now… and looks like he’s alive again.

 

“Where are we going exactly?”

 

“I told you I’ll show you something” he smiled

 

“Aigoo! It’s so cold out here!” she shivers.

 

Jiyong stopped for a while, looked for something around.

 

“Stay here, don’t move. Just wait for me here” he quickly runs towards the wave of people who’s passing back and forth at them until he completely out of Dara’s sight.

 

Like what he told her, she didn’t even move an inch, afraid to get lost on the busy street of Tokyo especially now that she forgot to bring her phone with her.

 

Minutes has passed and still no Jiyong in her sight.

 

“Aissshhh what’s taking him so long? Why did he leave me here alone? It’s so cold here. Omo!” her eyes are busy wandering around and failed to notice that someone intentionally bumped her.

 

“I’m sorry” he bowed immediately

 

“Oh! You’re Korean?” she quickly asked

 

He just smiled and bowed at her once more and hurriedly made his way away from Dara after seeing that Jiyong was heading at them now.

 

“Wait….”

 

“I was just gone for a few minutes and you’ve already attracted Japanese man. You’re really unbelievable” he glared  at her giving a sarcastic tone.

 

Dara looked back and saw Jiyong holding a cup of coffee on his hand smirking at her.

 

“Ya! That’s not even a Japanese man, he’s a Korean and FYI he bumped me.” She raised her eyebrows

 

He instantly turned into a worried looking face

 

“Are you alright? Nothing hurt? He did nothing to you right? Did he notice who you are?”

 

“No harm done” she smiled.

 

He handed her the cup of coffee and once more clasped his hands on to her.

 

“It’s really taste good!”

 

“It’s expensive that’s why”

 

“Ya!”

 

“Let’s keep on going, we have to move fast” he chuckles and started to dragged her again. It’s becoming crowded and crowded as the walks further.

 

 

======================================================

Happy Birthday Dara Unnie :)))

I'm generous today. Hihihi