The Reason

SILENCE

One by one the rest of the Boy’s arrived. They really looked so sleepy because YG dismissed them much later than the girls last night. Seungri was even yawning while walking until he froze as soon as he saw both Jiyong and Dara already in the practice room. TOP swiftly passed all of them and hurriedly run towards Jiyong.

 

 

“What happened hyung?”

 

 

“Accident. Ji fell on the treadmill face first!” TOP chuckles while handling all the medicines he grabs.

 

 

As expected that made them all laughed – especially their maknae.

 

 

“YA!” he shouted

 

 

“Don’t move” Dara gave him a light smack on his head while carefully putting on the band aid on his nose bridge.

 

 

“Maybe hyung was trying to catch a frog on the floor” Seungri once more laughed.

 

 

Jiyong wanted to stood up and spank their maknae by making fun of him but he stopped himself or else they would notice that he was just faking. He just looked at Dara whose face is closely in front of him now. He can smell her fresh breath while his eyes are fixed on her baby skin face.

 

 

“Do you still have to practice now? It would be better if you’ll go home” she whispered

 

 

“I’m fine now… I’ll just supervise our practice today. I’ll stay”

 

 

“What happened?” it was now YB who helped him stood up now.

 

 

“Freak accident”

 

 

“Young Bae-ah please stay with Ji now. I need to make a call” Dara excused herself

 

 

“Sure” YB chuckles and watched her made her way. He looked back at Jiyong who’s now blushing and keeps on touching the band aid on his nose while smiling widely.

 

 

They started practicing with his supervision and during those times, he was being nursed by Dara. She’s a very strict nurse because she keeps on scolding him whenever he moves a little. She’s always been a helpful hand to him while the four boys are just watching them. Whenever they have chances, they would give each other a knowing look sensing that their leader is really enjoying Dara’s full attention. Even he doesn’t smile, his eye tells it all. It’s dancing and sparkling in delight. And whenever YB would look at him, he’s blushing without any reason.

 

 

“I called YG earlier. He allowed me to visit umma” Dara whispered to him

 

 

“Really? That’s good” he smiled

 

 

“I’m allowed to visit her later”

 

 

“Can I come with you? I mean do you want me to come with you?” he stammered

 

 

Dara frowned.

 

 

“How can you come with me if you’re looking like that? Besides you need to be check up first”

 

 

“But… But…”

 

 

“No buts, you should rest”

 

 

“Ya! It was my idea on the first place. Why aren’t you allowing me to come with you? You’re unfair” he pouted.

 

 

“I’m worried about you… so don’t be hard-headed!”

 

 

‘Aissshhh, you need to think another plan now’ Jiyong thought himself.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

He was walking back and forth on his room. It’s been hours since he got a message from Dara. She left their practice room early so he also dismissed their practice earlier than usual, but he only given YB a chance to accompany Dara today. He wanted to beat himself after learning it – as much as he wants to, it was Dara who insisted to not come with them thinking that he really need especially now.

 

 

“What’s taking them so long?” he asked Gaho wandering if he could answer him back.

 

 

“Aisshhh… should I call her now? But it would be too obvious, YB’s with her now. I’m sure he would ask her why I called” Jiyong heavily sighed. “Answer me Gaho, what should I do now?”

 

 

He frustratedly sat on his swivel chair and digs the net to be ease for a moment. Not so long time ago when YG told him this about a Thai Magazine about Daragon. At first he was really surprised to hear that and can’t believe it until he saw it personally.

 

 

“They really noticed those smallest details” he chuckles.

 

 

The same shirts, the same beanies and the accessories he willingly lends to her, even his clothes that she often times asked him personally if she could use it because it gives her the hip-hop vibe she’s needs, the resemblances on their poses, their facial expressions and even their playfulness during their photo shoots.

 



It really amazes him how they all used to gather their all pictures from the net and even re-post it now. But for YG, it’s starting to alarm him because it’s a premature finding’s for the two who’s now under this threat.

 

 

Jiyong only snapped out when his phone finally rings. He almost fell on his chair while trying to grab it because he’s really drawn looking at their paired pictures. He’s smiling widely and didn’t anymore look at the caller’s name before answering it.

 

 

“Ya! I’ve been waiting for your call”

 

 

“Oppa…”

 

 

He froze, it wasn’t Dara’s voice.

 

 

He looked at his phone.

 

 

It was Jina.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 

Are you sure you don’t want to drive?” YB glanced at Dara who’s sitting beside him humming a song that he doesn’t really know. They are using his car since Dara doesn’t own one. She just shook her head and smiled at him.

 

 

“I’m afraid to drive during rush hours” she chuckles.

 

 

“But how can you conquer your fear if you wouldn’t try it”

 

 

“The answer is still no” Dara laughs.

 

 

YB chuckles and continues to drive safely.

 

 

“Thank you Young Bae-ah for coming with me”

 

 

“It’s nothing noona. Good thing Ji dismissed us early” he glanced at her once more. She’s wearing a bright happy face now while looking so excited to go home even for an hour. She’s nonstop clasping both of her hands and continuing humming the melody that he thinks she composed.

 

 

They are along the way to Dara’s home when something caught his eyes. He swiftly turned and pulled over.

 

 

“What’s wrong? Are we run out of gas?”

 

 

“Shouldn’t we buy something for your umma? How about flowers?” YB pointed the flower shop in front of them. He smiled widely after seeing Dara gasped and gave him an approving nod.

 

 

“You’re really a sweet guy. Kya! Umma really loves flowers” Dara prepared to go out until YB pulled her back gently.

 

 

“Noona wear hoddies and spectacles so they won’t recognize you” he pulled down something on his dash board and handed her a sunglasses he always brings in case of emergency.

 

 

“Wear this”

 

 

When both of them are ready in their disguise, they quietly entered the flower shop. He watches how Dara wonders around and chooses something for her mother. YB chuckles after seeing her playfully playing with the flowers while putting a piece of red rose on to the side of her ears and widely smiled at him after seeing that she’s being watched by him.

 

 

“How do I look?” she chuckles

 

 

“Suits you” YB beamed widely at her.

 

 

After few minutes Dara completed all she need and went directly to the counter. She was about to pay for it when YB insisted that he will pay it. He even grabs a tulip and gave it to Dara.

 

 

“What a lovely couple.” the cashier widely smiled at them.

 

 

He just chuckles and gave Dara the privilege to answer.

 

 

“Ani. We’re just good friends” she smiled and handed the beautiful flowers she decorated.

 

 

“You should start courting her Ajushi. She’s really beautiful and charming and you really look so good together.” she whispered to YB and winked at him.

 

 

“You think so?” he whispered back

 

 

She nods her head and even gave him another flower and pointed Dara.

 

 

“It’s free. You’re my first costumer today. I really wish you’ll end up together” she chuckles.

 

 

Instantly YB blushed and looked at Dara who smells the fresh flower they’ve just brought. She really feels good whenever she is surrounded by these lovely things.

 

 

“Please come again” she bowed before they leave her shop. “Have a good day”

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

 

“What do you want?” Jiyong asked lazily

 

 

“Can I talk to you? Please don’t hang up… please”

 

 

He sighed.

 

 

“Why did you call?”

 

 

Jina sniffs.

 

 

“Please come back to me… I can’t live without you… oppa… I really need you…” she ranted in between her sobs.

 

 

“We’ve talked about this before… you know who I really lo-”

 

 

“Jiyong please… I’m begging you… I’ll do anything for you” she tightens her grip on the steering wheel while silently crying.

 

 

“I’m sorry” he let out a heavy sigh. “I really love Dara… she’s my everything… please be happy for the both of us”

 

 

“Happy? How can I be happy if my heart breaks every time I see you together?” Jina sniffs she’s watching from a far both YB and Dara back on his car and was about to leave again.

 

 

“Please… don’t be like that”

 

 

“Everybody loves her, you, YB and now even TOP…who else? What’s with her that she’s being loved by many?”

 

 

“You know the answer to that” Jiyong moaned.

 

 

He heard her became quiet for a while and suddenly changed the tone of her voice. It became dangerous.

 

 

“Have you seen the news about Dara? I promise you Ji you’ll regret this! I’ll do anything to get you back! Everything just to get you back!” before she cuts the line off her heard tire screeching.

 

 

“News? What news?” he frowned while asked himself. He digs the net once more.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

“What did the lady tell you?” Dara looked at Young Bae.

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“I saw you whispering to her”

 

 

YB glanced at her and smile.

 

 

“Oh, that. She just told me that you looked familiar”

 

 

“Omo! Did she recognize me?”

 

 

He shook his head and fixed his eyes back again to the road. And out of nowhere, a fast car cuts them from behind. He almost loses control but firmly hold the steering wheel while one of his arms was widely extend to Dara. Even she’s wearing a seat belt he still worries that she might hit the dashboard after he forcefully steeped on to the break.

 

 

“Are you alright?” he worriedly asked her. “Aissshhh what a nasty cut” YB furiously muttered while hitting the steering wheel.

 

 

For the first time Dara saw YB getting mad. It frightens her more than what happened to them moments ago.

 

 

“I’m fine… you?”

 

 

He nods his head. He noticed Dara looked pale and shaking a little bit.

 

 

“It’s not our fault don’t worry” he held her hands “We should go now”

 

 

He didn’t let her hand go since then. Dara became unusually quiet. How can he blame her, she must be really shocked until now. Even he was driving extra careful today because she’s with him, he can’t believe that they almost met an accident. He couldn’t forgive his self if something bad happened to her because of him.

 

 

“Let’s forget about that” Dara light squeezed his hand. That’s the only time he finally stepped on the gas again and moved on.

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

 

It’s nearly dinner time but Jiyong hasn’t eaten yet. He finds the tire screeching disturbing. He can’t explain it but he felt something might happen. Dara hasn’t texted or called him until now. He even learned the news that Jina’s talking about.

 

 

“She’s starting to attack her with her own pictures” he thought himself. It didn’t make a big fuss because it was just her funny and random selca photos. “Aissshhh…. It’s getting late now… why aren’t they home yet?”

 

 

Finally someone broke his silence – the buzzer.

 

 

“Kya! Annyeong” it was Dara who’s smiling brightly at him

 

 

He widely opened his door to welcome her.

 

 

“You’re back now… where’s YB?”

 

 

“He’s already on his room now. I just came here to give you something” she lifted the warm tupperware and gave it to him.

 

 

“What’s this?”

 

 

“Omma gave it to you”

 

 

His eyes grew big and looked at Dara with disbelief on his face. He’s smiling brightly as soon as he checked out what’s inside it.

 

 

“Wow! My favorite”

 

 

“I just wanted to give that to you, I’m leaving” Dara bowed but when he saw his feet she looked at him again. “Oh, by the way, how are you feeling now?”

 

 

“I’m still hurt. I haven’t eaten anything. Umma left me with no food here” he quickly reasoned out.

 

 

“Ya! Why did you say so?”

 

 

He saw that she’s hesitant at first to enter the door. He chuckles.

 

 

“Gaho’s in my room now”

 

 

Dara widely smiled at him and confidently went inside. She went straight to his kitchen.

 

 

 “I’ll heat it up first. Wait for me there, harasso?”

 

 

Jiyong waited for her at his dining table watching her prepare his food. He was starting to imagine that they are married now and she’s taking care of his sick husband. It gave him a giddy feeling and blushed all by himself.

 

 

“Aigoo! You don’t have rice anymore?”

 

 

He shook his head.

 

 

“Do you want ramen?”

 

 

“Ya! If you want to eat free ramen you shouldn’t have to make excuses” he chuckles.

 

 

He knows how much she really likes eating her favorite non nutritious food – ramen. He laughs after seeing her pouted at him.

 

 

“I have lots of ramen on our kitchen” she smirked.

 

 

“On the second thought, I would like to eat ramen tonight. Please kindly cook ramen for me Agasshi” Jiyong happily chirped.

 

 

Dara wears an apron and started to cook for him. He was watching her with delight.

 

 

‘She really looks beautiful… perfect to be a mother and full time housewife’

 

 

She was the reason why he told once on their interview that he already wanted to settle down and start a happy family. He was thinking of her that time – and this is what he’s been dreaming and imagining before - a loving wife who’s compassionate and will support him on whatever he does, a sensible mother who will nurture his children and a strong willed woman who can overcome all the problems that she might face.

 

 

Jiyong continue to watch her doing one of her favorite things – cooking and would even smile brighter whenever Dara’s glancing at him. In just few minutes it’s already done. So she carefully placed everything on the tray to serve it to him.

 

 

“Eat now” she happily chirped while handling him his chopsticks and carefully placing the hot bowl of food in front of him. Dara sat in front of him while watching him attacking his favorite food.

 

 

“Is it good?”

 

 

He can’t actually speak at the moment because his mouth is full of food so he just gave him thumbs up and continue to eat again.

 

 

“Umma’s asking why you’re not with us”

 

 

He raised his head and looked at her.

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

“She’s asking where’s the blonde boy who’s singing in or out so high” she chuckles.

 

 

“Ya!”

 

 

“Just kidding” Dara laughs “You should come with me next time. She finally met Young Bae”

 

 

She really loves watching him while eating. There’s something about him on how he handle his chopsticks and eat gracefully even he’s eating so fast right now.

 

 

“You really look starving”

 

 

“I haven’t eaten anything yet since this afternoon. My body still hurts” he lied.

 

 

“You’re lucky you didn’t come with us. We almost hit by a car, good thing Young Bae was driving not me”

 

 

Jiyong almost dropped his chopsticks because he froze. As much as he doesn’t want to put a finger on whose fault it is, he can’t help but to think Jina instantly. The tire screeching, what just Jina told him earlier, the timing – everything.

 

 

“You what?! Aren’t you hurt? Is YB alright?”

 

 

“We’re fine, YB’s a great driver. He’s quick”

 

 

“Did you… did you saw who’s… whose fault it is?”

 

 

Dara pouted.

 

 

“Ani. The car was really fast. But Young Bae told that it wasn’t our fault. The car just came out of nowhere”

 

 

“Don’t leave the house alone. Harasso?”

 

 

“We always go out in group”

 

 

For some reason he felt relieved. But he doesn’t want to be so sure about it.

 

 

“Call me as soon as something happened to you. Call me or even YB. Promise me that”

 

 

“You know what, I’ve noticed something” she stated seriously

 

 

“Notice? What did you noticed?” Jiyong held his breath. What she will tell now might be the one he needs to really confirm that what he’s hinting – about Jina.

 

 

“You’re treating me like an old lady again”

 

 

“What?” he chuckles. “But you’re really an average aged lady” he teased.

 

 

“Ya!” she irritatedly stepped on his foot.

 

 

“Ouch!” this time he wasn't faking anymore.

 

 

 

It really does hurts