Old Tale

SILENCE

“I’m sorry we’re sleeping earlier… come in… come inside…” Jiyong quickly made a way for her and even helped her on her stroller bag. He tightens his grip on it to control his self from hugging her.

 

He was kinda felt guilty on making her wait outside the cold scary looking hallway, but it wasn’t his fault. He thought she was just one of the boys. Nobody told them that they’ll be having a surprise visitor.

 

‘Silly me, of course it’s a surprise so one would tell us’ he scolded himself but he can’t still control his happy looking face. His smile was all over.

 

“Ah, you have a nice apartment” Dara’s eyes wanders around the place

 

“Take a seat first.” He broke his silence. “So when did you arrive? Why are you here? Where are the girls? Do they know you’re here? Did YG - ” he stopped. He’s beginning to be too obvious again.

 

Dara chuckles.

 

“We arrived tonight. Actually we went straight here. We wanted to surprise you - I mean all of you. Are you surprised?”

 

Jiyong widely smiled at her and nod his head.

 

‘Very’ he thought.

 

She finally took her seat and placed Tamtam beside her.

 

 “Pres YG gave us a vacation that’s why we’re here” she excitedly chirped not taking her smile from her pretty face. “Actually it’s a semi vacation because we’ll have a photo shoot here!”

 

“So the girls are here also?”

 

Dara nods her head.

 

“We’ll actually we played a little game before we go here.” She handed him a piece of paper before she continues, “I got your room number and name on it, so I’m here. I’ll stay here with you”

 

He looked closely at the paper, he is sure it’s YG’s hand writing on it.

 

Dara was a bit hesitant after learning that she has to stay on Jiyong’s apartment. She even tried to swap room to CL but the latter didn’t like to stay also with Seungri so she has to bear with it. She’s actually expecting a not so good welcome from Jiyong but she was surprised on how he looks so happy and excited seeing him now.

 

‘This is great’ he thought.

 

 “How long are you going to stay here?”

 

“Five days” she even motioned her hands to him.

 

“Really?! You’ll stay here for five days?” he ecstatically asked

 

She nods her head again and looks as excited as he is.

 

They are so engross talking to each other that they failed to notice that YB was already in the room also, looking so much livelier than earlier, as if his happiness was brought back to his senses.


“Dara!”

 

“Oh! YB, you’re here!” she smiles at him as soon as he saw YB beaming at her brightly quickly ran to her and hugged her tightly. Jiyong’s eye grew big and left his mouth a little open on what just he saw.

 

“Omo! You’ve missed me?” she chuckles and hugged her back for a second.

 

“I’m so worried about you.”

 

YB finally let go Dara when he heard the fake cough from Jiyong who looks dead serious.

 

“You promised to me you’ll call but you never did that” he finally composed his self and sat beside Dara.

 

“I’m sorry I broke my promise… We just wanted to surprise all of you that’s why we purposely avoid any communication from you” she chuckles.

 

“Well we are all surprised to see all of you” YB answered.

 

He glanced at Jiyong who’s wearing a grim face now.

 

“Bom noona and Minzy are staying with us”

 

“Oh, Take care of them Young Bae-ah” she chuckles again.

 

“Ji, take care good care of noona” he looked at him. Jiyong just gave an approving nod on him.

 

YB eyes wander around and frowned a little.

 

“Maknae’s not here?”

 

“He’s sleeping now. Must be tired” Jiyong quickly responded. “Hey, it’s pretty late, I think we should let her rest now”

 

He was not that insensitive to not feel what he’s trying to say to him. He shook his head a little and looked at Dara for the last time.

 

“Rest now, I’ll see you tomorrow”

 

 

Full minutes had passed since YB left them at the living room. It was a bit cold there because the heater was broken and as much as she wanted not to be too much burden to Jiyong, she can’t help herself but to shiver a little. That didn’t escape from his eyes who are not taking a sight away from her.

 

“The heater here is a broken” he chuckles nervously “I think you should stay at my room now. It’s much warmer there. You can also put your things inside”

 

He is perfectly sure that he wanted to lend his room on her so he lead her the way to his room and start to retrieve some of his clothes at one side of his closet to make a room for her stuffs and clothes. Being a well known perfectionist and well organized leader, he really implies those characters.

 

“I’ll let you use this side of my closet now” he stated while facing his back on her.

 

Dara’s eyes wander around. She saw his iPod, laptop and his own recording set. There’s nothing so much on his room, but it’s really neat and well organized. Things are really matching with each other, but her eyes landed on a weird looking thing near his window.

 

“Is that a crab?” she pointed

 

Jiyong looked around and saw the crab hair dress that TOP left few nights ago. He smiled at her and nods his head, and then he continues again on fixing his things.

 

“Yeah, it’s TOP hyung”

 

“Really? Aigoo! He’s really a weird guy” she chuckles and quietly grabs the hair dress. “I remember you wear this at Bigbang TV”

 

“It was YG’s idea” he chuckles

 

“Is this the same thing?”

 

He can’t help but to laugh after seeing her already wearing the crab hair dress. He never imagined she will look charming and dorky at the same time wearing it.

 

“Ya! Why are you laughing?” Dara pouted.

 

“It really suits you. You looked like the queen crab” still laughing while pointing his finger of her head.

 

“And you looked like the king crab when you wore it” she stated still pouting.

 

He just shrugged his shoulder and continues on what he’s doing earlier. He even secretly wipes his closet to make sure that its dust free even well in fact it really is.

 

‘Aissshhh, I should have clean my room earlier’ he thought.

 

After few more minutes, he was already finished.

 

“It’s done now, you can put all your clothes and things here a-” he stopped after seeing Dara peacefully sleeping now without even taking off her crab hair dress.

 

‘Must be really tired from work’ he thought.

 

Jiyong can’t actually believe what’s happening now. Dara’s with him in their apartment literally and she’s even sleeping soundly now on his bed. He didn’t expect things like this would come. What a surprise. He’s smiling and chuckling like a crazy man while heading back to the cold living room. He was too happy that he failed to notice that he already sat something.

 

“What’s - ” he quickly grab it and evil grin flashed on his face.

 

It was Tamtam.

 

He squeezed it harshly and placed it on top of the table while he looked closely at it.

 

“Oh Tamtam, Finally! You’re in my hands now” he gave the poor doll a deadly stare.

 

He envy Dara’s beloved doll from the very beginning. She showers her kisses, she even hugs her every time she have a chance.

 

“I always wanted to talk to you little fella” he started not taking his eyes away from it. “You know what… you’re a very lucky doll” Jiyong even pinched Tam-tam’s cheeks. “You’re always near her… you can sleep beside her… you can even go with her at the shower room… I’m beginning to envy you… Imagine, me… the almighty Bigbang Leader envies something like you? How can she even love someone like you… you’re not even a cute doll” and looked at the scared Tamtam from head to feet. He even shook his head in disbelief. “If you continue to take all her time from me… I’ll give you to Gaho. I’m sure he’ll be so happy to rip you apart… You got that?!”

 

“Got what hyung?”

 

Jiyong jumped off his seat, heavily breaths while clutching his chest. He really looked so shock and surprised to see their maknae stood up in this wee hour since he usually sleeps soundly whenever his tired.

 

“Aissshhh… don’t scare me like that again!” he scolded

 

Seungri ignored the irritated looking Jiyong and sat beside him.

 

“Who are you talking to hyung? Are you talking to yourself?” he asked weirdly but when his eyes shifted to the doll in front of them his face turned into a surprised and disbelief look. “Hey, It’s my Dara noona’s baby doll. Why is it here? Hyung I didn’t know you kidnapped it!”

 

“Shhh! Keep your voice down, she’s sleeping” and pointed the sleeping Ssantoki on his bed.

 

The maknae’s face lightens up and beams widely.

 

“Noona’s here? When did she arrived?” but eventually he smirked “And why did you let her use your room?”

 

“I said keep your voice down” he smack the maknae’s head “You’re sleeping when she arrives earlier and besides, my room is much cleaner than yours. Aren’t you even embarrassed to let her stay on your filthy dirty room?”

 

He smirked again and grabs Tamtam.

 

“Noona’s baby doll is really cute”

 

“You find it cute? He’s a scary doll, look! Chaerin shouldn’t made it for Dara”

 

“Even Chaerin made still, it’s My Dara Noona’s doll, so it’s still cute for me” he cuddles it gently.

 

‘And now even our maknae thinks you’re cute’ he dangerously looked at Tamtam.

 

“So why is My Dara Noona here?”

 

“They’re on vacation. Sajang-nim gave them a vacation here, but they’ll have their photo shoot here also”

 

“Really? That’s great! I’ve been wanting to take My Dara Noona in Tokyo Tower” Seungri excitedly squealed.

 

“Tokyo Tower?” he frowned

 

“Yeah, Tokyo Tower. The famous Tokyo Tower”

 

“I’m sure they’ll go there. It’s one of the tourist spots here”

 

Seungri’s eyes rolled after hearing what his hyung just said.

 

“Ah, hyung haven’t you heard about the old tale about Tokyo Tower?” he let out a disappointed sighed. “They say that if a couple who kissed in front of Tokyo Tower while watching the sun set, they will never break up… ever”

 

Jiyong straighten up on his seat, waiting for the maknae to elaborate more what he just said but he’s so busy now playing with Tamtam.

 

“Is that true?” he can’t take it any longer.

 

Seungri just shrugged his shoulder and looked at him. “I don’t know hyung… but I think it would not cause us any harm if believed the old tale”

 

He fell into a deep silence - already creating a plan on his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was still wide awake. How many hours has he been like that? Even they have an early call time for dance practice tomorrow he can’t keep his self from sleeping. He’s so excited on what he’s planning in his mind right now.

 

“Tokyo Tower… Tokyo Tower… Aissshhh….”

 

“Hyung aren’t you sleepy yet?” Seungri popped out his head on the edge of his bed and looked down to Jiyong who’s weirdly smiling widely while staring at the ceiling.

 

“Not yet… hey, you should sleep now. It’s late already”

 

The maknae growled. He was about to sleep but he keeps on hearing him mumbling and mumbling words until it become too irritated and he can’t take it any longer.

 

Dara was occupying Jiyong’s room so he has to share room with their maknae. And since it was his rule, he quickly made his own set of rules. Having the once in a lifetime privilege to win over their Leader, he made sure that he will truly benefit on it. First, he's not allowed to sleep or even seat on his bed - that’s why the almighty Kwon Jiyong was sleeping on the floor now. Second, he's not allowed to be bossy on him whenever they are inside his room.

 

‘Perfect’ Seungri thought.

 

And lastly, he's not allowed to touch his things on his room.

 

‘Finally’ Seungri thought after hearing that his hyung was already quiet for the first time.

 

He laid his back comfortably on his warm soft bed and enjoyed the peaceful night he’s been praying for.

 

“Do you think the Tower thing is real?”

 

“I thought you told me to sleep now hyung?” he rolled his eyes. “And why are you suddenly become interested about it? Just like what I’ve said earlier, it’s just an old tale”

 

“But do you think it’s possible?” Jiyong finally stood up and sat at the edge of Seungri’s bed looking straight at the bright Tokyo Tower from his window. “I mean, do you think there are really couple who kissed in front of Tokyo Tower and spend the rest of their lives together?”

 

“Hyung you’re already violating rule number one” he smirked and pushed him lightly away from his bed. He took his seat while Jiyong stand right in front of the window, facing his back on him.

 

“You know what hyung, if two people really are for each other, and if they really love one another, they don’t have to kiss in front of that tower just to be together.” He deeply sigh. “So if they really are for each other - they will be, no matter what”

 

Jiyong chuckles.

 

“Whoa! Maknae I never imagined you can really be so romantic”

 

“It’s because I believe on the power of love hyung.” He smirked “You know what, if ever I found the woman who completes my life, I’ll do everything to make her happy… I will not make her cry… I’ll fight for her.”

 

He turned around and looked at him amusement.

 

“Is that true maknae? And since when did you become a real man?”

 

“Since I started reading that book” he chuckles while pointing a romance novel book resting on his table.

 

“Can I borrow you book? I think I might need it”

 

Both of them laughed.

 

“Sleep now Seungri-ah it’s really late” he smiled at him.

 

He quietly laid his body again on his bed leaving Jiyong still staring at the tower outside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KOREA

 

“Are you sure the girls will be alright there?” Teddy asked.

 

“I’m sure they will. The boys are there. They will definitely take care of them” Se7en quickly answered.

 

YG who’s unusually quiet from the very start even he was the one who called for this urgent meeting was still thinking, letting out a heavy sigh every now and then and will looked at Teddy and Kush who’s working on Se7en’s new album.

 

“I’ve got something to tell you”

 

The three boys straighten to their seats and lend their attention to him.

 

“Jiyong-ah told me something about Jina-ssi” he started

 

Teddy gasped.

 

“Don’t tell me she’s pregnant?”

 

“Silly. It’s not that.” YG chuckles and shook his head quickly which relieves them all. They remained quiet again and looked at YG now with much serious face and on his President aura.

 

“He already confessed me that she’s threatening Dara’s career”

 

Se7en frowned.

 

“Career? Why Dara suddenly got involve with this?”

 

The President let out a heavy and meaningful sigh.

 

“Jiyong said that there are pictures, stolen pictures of him and Dara”

 

Kush chuckles.

 

“Don’t tell me there’s a censored picture of him and Dara? Jiyong is my man. He’s really fast”

 

Se7en instantly blushed while Teddy laughed.

 

“He didn’t elaborate more what’s in that picture but he told me that she’s been using it to control everything” YG continues.

 

“So you mean they are really not a real couple?”

 

He nodded.

 

“I knew it!”

 

“But we shouldn’t be celebrating yet. We’ve got a big problem. Jiyong still can’t retrieve the negatives of those pictures. He is sure that she made lots of copies of it. Very clever girl” YG sounded so disappointed.

 

“Why don’t he let Jina-ssi and ignore her completely”

 

“I think it’s not that simple. I know Jiyong, I’ve already tested him few times before on how he feels for Dara. He’s willing to give up everything for her. And if he worries that much about those pictures, it means that it’s something really serious and delicate” YG answered

 

“We should do something.”