Same Path

SILENCE

 

KOREA

 

 

“Alright, Bright Dara will have some fun today” she cheered herself as soon as she’s fully geared up. She smiles beautifully while looking at her reflection and grabs the extra keys Jiyong gave her.

 

 

It’s a beautiful Sunday morning. The weather is fine – a perfect day to enjoy the city.

 

 

Until now she didn’t know how she survives the whole night alone. Maybe because she was too tired that’s why when she laid herself on the bed, she didn’t anymore endure the fact that she was all alone in their apartment. It was a good long night sleep… But the moment she wakes up. It’s a completely different story – the emptiness suddenly sinks in.

 

 

Until now the girls aren’t home. And she’s not used to it. Normally by this time, they are all rolled out in bed, preparing to leave because either to watch a feel good movie or shop a little. But now -

 

 

NO loud laugh coming from her Baby Rin

NO hugs coming from their sweet maknae

NO cute chuckles coming from her Park Sister Bom.

 

 

She misses them already.

 

 

==========================================================================

 

 

JAPAN…

 

 

 

Boys are up early. YG personally invites them for this special breakfast with his kids since it would be the last time he will see them before the Electric Love Tour. Plus to make it more a memorable one – he’s ready to share to them first the biggest changes that was bound to happen on his life. He looked at his engagement ring that he’s been hiding – yes Yang Han Seok President of YGE, is going to get married.

 

 

“I have an announcement to make” YG started and looked intently at his boys.

 

 

YB was eating gracefully as always and keeps on chuckling every time he sees Daesung and Seungri competing over the half empty plate of fried breaded pork which is their favorites. TOP cheekily smiled seeing that Jiyong was the only one who’s keeping his self busy by eating while one of his hands was busy keying message to his phone.

 

 

No one pays him attention which makes him chuckles.

 

 

“Ya this is serious” YG laughs.

 

 

It earns a suspicious gaze from Bigbang. They can’t still get over what he did yesterday. Both Seungri and Daesung totally fell on his prank. D-Lite was close into tears when he announced the cancelation of his solo album while Seungri was still persistent convincing him to send him to a regular University. He even said that after their upcoming album by the end of the year – Bigbang will be disbanded. It shocked the two maknaes really dumbfounded and wasn’t able to react. But as soon as he reveals that he was just goofing around – they didn’t believe whatever he tells, even he’s their President.

 

 

“Ah, you’re up to something again ah sajang-nim. I can smell it” Daesung chuckles

 

 

“You’re laughing. You’re so busted” Seungri seconded “What would you tell us next… Ah don’t tell me sajang-nim you’re getting married”

 

 

He blushed and nods his head. The rest of them froze. Was it the first time they have seen him blushed?

 

 

“This December”

 

 

All are dumbfounded.

 

 

For the first time he was open to share his most personal life with them. They know that he’s dating his long time girlfriend and he never mention getting married… until now.

 

 

“Congratulations sajang-nim.” TOP snigger and was the first one to recover.

 

 

“Yeah, finally you’re tying the knot!” YB cheered

 

 

“Please add us to our entourage. Please please” Seungri pleaded while smiling widely

 

 

“Is this really serious? Or just a prank again sajang-nim?” Daesung exchange his glances between their newly engaged President and his hyungs. But the confirming nod that Jiyong gave him assured him that is really a fact.

 

 

“Seriously?!?” he hysterically exclaimed

 

 

“Congratulations sajang-nim. I’m really happy for you” Jiyong bowed to him. Finally, his second father will settle now. He’s really happy for him. He deserves this since he’s been single for a long time now.

 

 

“Thank you. Ah, I can’t believe this is all happening to me now” YG chuckles and couldn’t hide his happiness. He was hiding his half scarlet face to his son because he perfectly knows that they would start teasing him.

 

 

One of his dreams comes true.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

 

KOREA…

 

 

Dara dropped by to the nearest Shopping Mall around their vicinity. She really misses times like this. When she can shop whenever she wants… buy stuffs by herself… visit Lotte World without creating so much fuss… eating street foods… watching concerts – the ordinary life of a YG trainee who’s still not debuting.

 

 

And since Jiyong is really consistent telling her how much he misses Korean foods nowadays and would be next to starvation if the drought for this food continues – Dara intended to shop foods for him that she will be able to bring in Japan.

 

 

“What does oppa wants? Spicy squids again?” she grabs a bag from the large freezer. “I should buy something for the boys also”

 

 

She was currently busy looking for other foods the boys really love when someone tapped her from behind.

 

 

“Are planning to eat all those foods?”

 

 

Dara jumps a little because of a surprise. She knows whose voice was that - it gave her goose bumps few nights ago.

 

 

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

 

“You really did well tonight” Dong Min smiled at her



‘What’s happening? Why there’s something with his voice?’ Dara’s mind screams.

 

“Congratulations Dara-ssi”

 

 

“Thank you.” She weakly smiled.

 

 

The silence between them becomes awkward. Few hours ago before the show started he really sounds livelier and comforting… but now… with that stern voice and deadly look in his eyes. It creeps her out. She needed to do something to break this. Or else she will drawn by him.

 

 

“Oh! Have you eaten already? Foods are really great”

 

 

“No thanks. I already had enough. In fact I’m close throwing up” he sarcastically answered.

 

 

Dara’s confused.

 

 

He was referring to what he just saw earlier when he retrieved the hidden cameras. So much love and affection coming from them and it doesn’t please him. He, Lee Dong Min who doesn’t believe in love anymore, he who’s been tied up with Jina for his own personal reason – and he, who promised to make his life miserable is really pissed off seeing things like that. The anger he buried on the deepest part of his heart was being awake by them…

 

“Dara-ssi come on. Let’s go home” Se7en came to the rescue and dragged her away from him.

 

He bowed stiffly to his hyung.

 

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

 

“Anyeong Dara-ssi” he bowed to him and smiled beautifully. Unlike the other night, his voice was back into calm and friendly tone. He even looked gorgeous as always like a school boy on his jeans and beanies

 

 

“Oh, An-nyeong” she stammered

 

 

“Wow! So it’s really you. At first I thought I was just being fooled by my eyes when I saw you… plus I really thought that I saw the female version of Jiyong” Dong Min laughs comically. “Aissshhh how come Jiyong will look like a girl eh? Looking at you now, you could really pass as female version of GD”

 

 

She secretly blushed. She was really wearing her boyfriend’s own denim jacket and sunglasses today to hide her identity that’s why she dropped by to his apartment earlier before going here. Plus Dara feels alive whenever she’s there and lessens her longingness of seeing him again.

 

 

“You think so?”

 

 

He nods his head and grabs something from the freezer also. That’s the only time Dara realize that he also have a push cart on his hand and filling it with foods and personal goodies.

 

 

“Yup. I’ve noticed it while I was closely monitoring the concert. Your eyes, your smile – end even sometimes your moves. Almost the same” he chuckles. The boyish smile creased on his lips.

 

 

Looking at him now, he’s far way different from the Dong Min who talked to her at the Bigbang’s party. He looks very cheery and lively. Not even hinting a single sarcastic tone from him and looks like he’s was just having a hard time back then.

 



‘He’s just tired that night… Yes, he’s just tired’ she convinces herself

 

 

“Are you shopping all by yourself?” finally she crack s smiled and asked randomly.

 

 

“Yes. Or else I’ll starve to death” Dong Min chuckles started pushing his cart to look for more foods that he needed.

 

 

“Wow. I’m really impressed to see you PD Dong Min shopping here” Dara chuckles “Why? Are you living alone?”

 

 

He nods his head and grabs some spicy squid packs also.

 

 

“All most my entire life” he chuckles

 

 

“Eh?”

 

 

“I’m an orphan Dara-ssi. My mother died when I was still young while my father left me to start his own life without me. Good thing a Korean couple who doesn’t have any child adopts me. I owe my life to them. Aren’t you wondering that I am a full blood Japanese but I can speak Korean fluently?” he answered bluntly.

 

 

Dara was shocked. It hit her. She wasn’t really expecting to hear this sad story coming from him.

 

 

“Mianhe…” she whispered lowly.

 

 

He glanced back at her and saw how devastated she looks now.

 

 

“Ani… I don’t find it as a sad part of my life. In fact I consider this as a blessing. I am grateful because those experiences serve as an inspiration. I’ve worked hard to prove to my father that I still became successful after he left me. I am wishing that he have heard or even learned that I’m already starting to make name in this industry” he smile widely.

 

 

Suddenly she feels for him. Looks like that they have the same path. Being left by their father, not being able to see them and now that they are successful thinking if they are proud on what they have achieved.

 

 

Dong Min glanced at her and based on her reaction – she really looks affected.

 

 

It was a success.

 

 

“I didn’t know you girls can eat like that” he chuckles while looking at her almost full push cart.

 

 

“Ani… these are for the boys. They’ve been missing Korean foods lately” she shyly chuckles

 

 

His eyes and face grew big.

 

 

“Whoa! What a loving noona. Boys must be really lucky because you’re taking good care of them”

 

 

Dara shook her head.

 

 

“Ani… we are the one who are lucky. They’ve been a big help towards us even when we are still trainees. They really support us so I’m just giving back their kindness”

 

 

“I heard they are all in Japan now”

 

 

“Yes. Preparing for the Convert Tour. Aigoo! I’m really nervous. I’m afraid I’d mess up with my Japanese greetings to the fans” Dara nervously chuckles.

 

 

“Just concentrate. I know you can do it” he cheered.

 

 

“Let’s keep our fingers crossed”

 

 

A very clever but worth it a try idea pops on his head.

 

 

“Dara-ssi… Do you want to have a quick Japanese tutorial? I really don’t like eating alone. Look it’s nearly lunch time now… are you hungry?”

 

 

 

==============================================================

 

 

“I still can’t believe sajang-nim is getting married” YB chuckles

 

 

They are all now in Jiyong’s apartment still waiting for TOP to arrive after he was personally called by their President before leaving. All of them are still dumbstruck on YG’s revelation.

 

 

“Me too hyung – He never mention anything about this”

 

 

“Plus we never saw it coming” Daesung in. He widely smiled as he turns to them. “I’m more excited for the Stag Party!!!”

 

 

Maknae happily squealed. That’s the only time he realize that there is sure a Bachelor’s Party for their President. And they couldn’t afford to miss it. He is sure it’s a VIP party.

 

 

“Ah, we’re not getting any younger now. Soon Se7en hyung or even Teddy hyung will be next to get married. How about you hyungs, do you have plans of getting married sooner?”

 

 

Their eyes first fell on Jiyong who’s just merely eavesdropping the conversation and didn’t budge to answer them. Then they’ve turned to YB.

 

 

“I need to have girlfriend first before I think about getting married” the latter shyly chuckles.

 

 

“Up to now you still haven’t found your girl?”

 

 

YB glanced at Jiyong who, they caught looking at him.

 

 

“Ani… She’s taken already”

 

 

“Whoa! YB hyung you should steal her” Seungri laughs. “With a body like yours plus you really have a good personality, I am sure you can take her away from the bastard”

 

 

Jiyong’s eyes turned into tiny slits. He wasn’t sure if the boys knows about YB’s feelings for Dara – plus he is the ‘bastard’ that maknae was referring to. He calms himself and tried to breathe evenly but he can’t stop himself to be annoyed by this conversation.

 

 

“Yeah! YB hyung just tell us who’s that and we’ll beat him” Daesung added while showing his hard biceps to them.

 

 

He just ended up rolling his eyes.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

YG Building

 

 

 

 

Dara finds talking to Dong Min as relaxing as YB. He can give her soothing words and pointers to remember on how she can politely but confidently interact with their Japanese fans. She felt like it helped her boost her confidence and is really ready for the Concert Tour.

 

 

She agreed for the lunch he offered but couldn’t linger in a restaurant – security purposes so Dara decided that they should just dropped by at Teddy’s studio since Se7en was there also.

 

 

The whole afternoon was filled with laughter’s. They didn’t know that he can really crack a good joke – very much like as TOP’s personality, while at the same time being sensible and deep man who thinks logically – very much YG. He even shared his own opinion and view about the plagiarism issue that was normally thrown with Teddy and Jiyong. All Dara’s questions about his mysterious life were one by one being answered. And as much as she doesn’t want to – she’s being more comfortable with him now.

 

 

It was only Se7en who’s been sitting stiffly at one corner, plainly listening and would only smile whenever Dara will glance at him. After that, when all their eyes wasn’t with him anymore, he will be back on secretly observing Dong Min.

 

 

“I think I should go now. I didn’t notice how times swiftly pass especially when you’re enjoying” he chuckles while looking at his wrist watch

 

 

“Kya! Aigoo I didn’t notice that too - maybe the girls are at home already” Dara excitedly chirped. “Ah, PD Dong Min, thank you for all your help”

 

 

“Just concentrate Dara-ssi. Fighting!”

 

 

Teddy laughs.

 

 

“I really find it awkward when you do that”

 

 

The three of them laugh once again.

 

 

“Teddy hyung, Se7en I’m going now. I really had fun talking with you” he bowed at them

 

 

“Take care hyung”

 

 

“I think I should go too. I can’t wait to see the girls again” Dara smiled at them.

 

 

“Noona I’ll send you home” Se7en instantly offered.

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

He nods his head and smile widely for the first time.

 

 

“I’ll just send him outside. Se7en-ah wait for me here. The girls will be delighted if they see you” she chuckles.

 

 

 

After few minutes they made their way out of Teddy’s studio. When he was sure that they are nowhere in the area – Teddy turned to him and gave him a suspicious look.

 

 

“You seem to be uncomfortable whenever he’s around”

 

 

“Huh?!”

 

 


“I’ve noticed it – since the day he became YG member you seem to be uneasy and awkward with him. Why? He looks fine”

 

 

The latter just smirked and shrugged his shoulder. He chooses not to make any comment about his observation about him until he hasn’t gather enough proof. Se7en continue to study his new song for the upcoming album but was a bit disturbed now. He remembers again the deadly gaze of Dong Min to Dara.

 

 

 

=============================================================

* Danger. Danger. Danger*

Just ignore me ;)