In the Club

SILENCE

“Have you seen her face?” Jina asked him while he’s quietly eating beside her. Like what she told earlier, she really cooked and prepared for this special Christmas Dinner for the both of them.

 

Jiyong nod his head and continue to eat.

 

“Oh! I really love this day! It’s so special don’t you think?” she’s smiling brightly. “I wonder what she’s doing right now?” Jina happily chirped ignoring the dangerous glare that Jiyong gave her.

 

Then she quickly grabbed her phone and dialed a number. She frowned a little

 

“What are you doing” he blankly asked her

 

“I just wanted to check on Dara-ssi, but I can’t reach her. Her phone was off” She smiles widely. “Must be crying” she even winked at him.

 

He completely lost it. He doesn’t want to hear one more word coming from her so he stood up and leave the kitchen. He never really wanted to do that, but Jina asked him to do it or else- He wanted to beat himself now. From his room, he heard his phone ringing.

 

“Hyung…”

 

 

 

 

 

============================================================

 

 


“Kya! I missed going in places like this” Dara ended up her fifth bottle of beer. She’s beaming widely at Se7en who’s wearing a confused expression while looking at her.

 

"Is there something we should celebrate tonight? You really looked so hype” he forced to smile at her.

 

“Oh! Celebrate? Hmmm… Today is Christmas Day! We should be happy right?” she hysterically laughs “We should! There’s no reason to be sad! So tonight we’ll be drinking and drinking!” and opened another bottle of beer.

 

They’ve been in the KTV bar for almost five hours now. Se7en was surprised when Dara suddenly called her and even asked him if he’s free tonight. He already knew that something is wrong because her voice seems off that’s why he immediately agreed to meet her up.

 

Both of them successfully manage to sneak inside the KTV bar since the owner of it was one of Se7en’s close friends. They didn’t have to worry about the press that might swarm the place because his friend taken care of it already.

 

“But you’ve already drink too much”

 

“Ya! Don’t spoil this night. Let me drink and drink until I fell asleep. Okei? I want to sleep soundly tonight” Dara laughed again although nothing is really funny. She continues to laugh banging her hands to the couch and clutching her tummy.

 

‘Something’s really wrong here’ he thought.

 

He just let her do her way. She started to sing again, both her voice and actions seems to be so lively than her usual self - maybe because of the alcohol she had taken. Knowing that she has a low tolerance with alcohol, Se7en already knew that she’s drunk.

 

Then something flashes on her eyes. He was it. He clearly saw it.

 

“Ya! Come sing with me! Don’t just sit there” Dara asked her and smile brightly at him.

 

He shook his head but accepted Dara’s invitation. They sang couple of songs - Dara even jumped off her feet while dancing which made Se7en laughs. He even joined her dancing since he’s been very persistent. But one song made Dara stiff - It’s their In the Club song.

 

“Omo! I really love this song” she exclaimed

 

Se7en knew it wasn’t her really type of song but he’s already hinting the reason why she’s acting this way tonight. It’s already seen on her face.

 

“Have you heard this one? I really feel this way tonight. I’ll sing it from my heart” She’s becoming a little shaky and beginning to eat some of her words. He just watched her. And it didn’t surprise him to see the tears from her eyes as soon as she opened .

 

Niga dajimhaetdeon yaksok da gajyeogajullae
Sasohan seupgwankkaji jageun gieokkkaji
Modu taeultenikka
Nae ane sarainneun neol jamjaeulkkeoya
Niga yeotaealdeon nae moseubeun ije eomneungeoya

 

 

Dara breaks down.

 

The lyrics of the song really fit her right now. And every time she’s closing her eyes, she can only see how Jiyong kissed Jina in her lips. She wanted to erase that scene from her head but she can’t. No matter how hard she drink, it’s like glued already in her mind. She’s crying so hard that it started to alarm Se7en.

 

He quickly rushed to her and hugged her immediately.

 

“Dara-ah...”

“It hurts… it really really hurts...” she sniffs. “I thought I can always be strong, but I can’t. I can’t pretend anymore…” she continued crying.

 

“Shhh.. It’s alright. I’m here.. We are all here for you” he can’t actually find any words to tell her.

He seen her cried before but he never seen her cried so much. She’s in pain and he can’t do anything about. She keeps on crying and crying. He never imagined that it will pain him also to see her being miserably right now.

 

Dara stop shaking her shoulders, then he heard her high pitched laugh again. She wipes her tears from her eyes and cheeks and jumped back again.

 

“Ya! Don’t even hurt Byul again, or else, I’ll spank you” she laughs


He nodded his head and tried to smile at her.

 

“Promise?”

 

“I promise. Get up there and take a seat. You’re like a little girl crying in a corner you know that” he chuckles

.

But instead of going back to her seat, she continues to dance but her eyes are puffy and red. Even her nose is red now. Dara put on her well rehearsed smile and start to jump up and down and dance to their song.

 

“I think it would be a lot happier if we called the boys” he suggested.

 

“What?” she can’t clearly hear what he just said. It’s like a blurry of words.

 

“Aisshhh… I’ll call them noona. I’ll tell them to follow us here” he flipped his phone

 

“Kya! I can’t understand you” she laughs. “I think my ears are even damage now! I really thought it was only my brain but looks like.. My ears.. My cute little ears are damage now” she laughs again

 

“But my heart… It’s a total wreck” she laughs even harder now.

 

That made Se7en shifted his fingers and dialed another’s name in his phone.

 

He successfully manages to make Dara took her seat and rest for a while. He’s worried on the effect of this in her voice since she’s starting to sing not properly. She continuously laughs over nothing to be exact. She didn’t even stop from drinking even he asked her to do it.

 

“Aigoo! My cheeks are burning” she touched her face and smiled at Se7en. Her eyes are chinky now because of crying and also because she’s drunk already.

 

“It’s because you still continue to drink even I asked you to stop already”

 

He let out a deep sighed.

 

“Where’s Byul? I haven’t seen her lately.” Dara can’t even look at him straight. She feels everything is spinning right now. Her eyes are becoming heavy.

 

“She’s worried about you” he seriously answered

 

“Worried? Why?” she laughs

 

“Because you’re acting strange lately and even if you don’t tell us, we already know what you’ve been going thru... We can feel it... So stop acting... Stop pretending… Stop trying to be okei because we know you are not.” Se7en looked at her.

 

Her high pitched laugh rolled.

 

"I am that obvious?”

 

He just nods his head and looked at her seriously.

 

“My acting is getting a little bad lately. I shouldn’t be called an actress if I was being too obvious” Dara laugh pathetically.

 

“Dara listen… we already know what happened between you and Jiyong”

 

She froze. It seems that there’s an invisible knife stabbing her bare heart every time she hears Jiyong’s name. The wound that she’s trying to mend for a long time now won’t heal… the scar seems to dig deeper and deeper until she can’t take it anymore. Tears are slowly blinding her eyes.

 

“You... knew?” her voice is trembling

 

Just in cue, the door swung open - it was Jiyong. Dara pulled back her tears while he, was surprised to see her in that state. He wasn’t really pleased to see her like that. She looks very drunk. Her hair was a bit messy, her eyes are chinky and heavy. Her face was totally red like an apple.


Se7en warmly greeted him.

 

“Thanks for coming in such a short notice” he whispered.

 

Dara tried to stand up.

 

“Kya! G to the D! GD! Wow, what a surprise” she widely smiled at him but she’s too shaky and lost her balance.

 

“Omo!”

 

“Why did you let him drink too much hyung?” he quickly asked Se7en.

 

“Ya! Don’t blame him. I insisted” Dara laughs and trying to stand up straight. “It feels like the old time. You, me and Se7en” she happily chirped.

 

But the two boys ignored him and continue to talk. She can’t really understand what they are saying but there are few words that she heard from them like ‘go home’ and even ‘she’s totally wiped out’

 

“Ya! Give GD a drink. He’s here to celebrate with us!” she ordered Se7en.

 

The two boys looked at her but it was Jiyong who really looks seriously dead at her.

 

“I don’t drink”

 

“Oh! That’s new” she laughs hysterically and pulled another bottle of beer

 

“Stop it - you’re drunk al-”

 

Her high pitched laugh stopped him

 

“I am not. Kya! You should have seen your face when you’re mad Ji” she rolled with laughter’s while clutching her tummy.

 

“Let’s go home noona”

 

“Hey! I love that song. Wait, let me sing first” she quickly stand up and walk towards the mic but her legs are criss-crossing which leads her to accidently bumping one of the couch’s feet that made her knees weakened and stumble on the floor.

 

“Noona?!”

 

“Sandara!”

 

Both stood up and worriedly reached her and as always they heard her laugh all by herself.

 

“Aigoo! I’m so careless! Stupid Dara!” she’s starting to hit lightly her head while laughing. “Careless Dara! I’m a total wreck Dara!” she continued

 

“Stop it, you’re hurting yourself” Jiyong finally reached her and hold her right arms gently.

 

Dara dangerously glared at him. He never seen her looked at him like that.

 

“Hurt? You’re talking about me? Hurting myself?” she stood up as if all the alcohol she drunk flushed away because of what he just said.

 

“Look, you’re drunk, let’s go home” Jiyong quietly told her.

 

“Let go of me! Don’t touch me!”

 

But he pretends that he’s not hearing her and started to drag her.

 

“Let’s go home.”

 

“I don’t want to!”

 

“Aissshhh… why are you being so hard headed?!” he’s now pissed off.

 

“Hard headed?! Me?! Then why are you so COLD HEARTED?! What did I ever do to you to make me feel like this? What did I do to you to punish me like this?!” Dara harshly pulled her arms back staring straight to him while tears are flowing generously from her eyes.

 

‘I can’t take this anymore’ Se7en looked away.

 

Jiyong felt his throat went dry. He can’t find any words to answer her. All he’s seeing now is Dara, crying in so much pain because of him. He hugged her tightly. He hugged so tight that Dara felt like her body is going to crushed.

 

“Why did you have to make feel so special if you’re just messing around? Why did you have to make me fall for you so hard… so hard that I can’t breathe every time you’re not around me? Why did you have to make me feel like this?” she ranted in between her sobs while burying her face on his chest. “Why did you do this to me? Why??!”

 

She cries even harder while banging her hands on his chest. They didn’t know how long they stayed there - she cried and cried until she fell asleep.

 

He lightly carried her.

 

“Thank you hyung.. for keeping her company”

 

Se7en drove them till they reached their apartment. He smiled weakly at him