Shattered Pictures

SILENCE

 

“Oppa...”

 

Jiyong snapped.

 

It made him tuned his head towards Jina who’s smiling brightly towards him. For the past few days, his mood doesn’t seem to lighten up. Sure he is happy about the good feedbacks of his fans about his concert, but still, the controversies wouldn’t seems to end soon. Seriously, he’s getting sick and tired over that issues and it’s getting into his nerves. But like Pres YG told him, he kept his silence.

 

“I brought you lunch” Jina showed him containers full of cooked foods.

 

He timidly smiled at her.

 

“So, what do you want to eat first? I cooked all your favorites. Thisone? Or this one?” she lifted up two different containers

 

“Thank you, but I’m not hungry”

 

Jina pouted.

 

“I cooked this for you. Aren’t you going to try it?”

 

Instead of answering her, he took Gaho who’s wagging his tail in front of him. Jiyong chuckles as his son his face.

 

‘At least he’s still smiling.’ Jina sighed

 

That bad publicity really affects Jiyong. As far as she can she see, he’s trying to avoid seeing television and even going to YG building. He really tries to lock himself inside his apartment.

 

She settled beside Jiyong.

 

“Aigoo, he’s getting bigger and bigger every time I see him” Jina cuddles Gaho.



“Yah, he’s growing up so fast now”

 

“Anyeong Gaho… I’m your Omma” she kissed the brown puppy and turned him “And he’s your Appa. We’re a family! Aigoo, aren’t we an adorable Kwon family?” she laughs

 

Jiyong manages to smile at her. Then he saw her grabbing his phone from her pocket.

 

“Oppa, why don’t you we take a picture, a family picture? Isn’t that sweet?” she suggested.

 

“A what?!”

 

“Aissshhh.. You’re so out of fun today Jiyong.” Jina sounded disappointed “I just want a family picture. You, me and Gaho. He’s our baby. Isn’t that cute?”

 

“Oh, I’m not in the mood” he quickly grabs Gaho from her and returns to his room again. He closed the door without even saying anything to her. Then she heard Jiyong locked his door.

 

“Aissshhh…” she grabbed her phone and dialed a number.

 

Since the day Jiyong choose her, that exact day she felt him turning into an ice cold hearted person. She thought getting him back would bring happiness to her but she knows deep inside, that she only gets Jiyong physically.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-FLASH BACK -

Jiyong froze as soon as he saw all the printed pictures all over his room. It’s just not an ordinary picture, but it was ‘their’ pictures. Stolen pictures from Han River. Other one was their pictures inside a tent. Then to much of his surprise, a few stolen shoots of them kissing and hugging each other.

 

“Whe- where did you get these pictures?” he’s confused. He really don’t have any idea on how those moments are sneakily captured by ‘someone’

 

“You look so good together” she told him instead.

 

He grabbed immediately their pictures.

 

“How did?” he wasn’t able to finish his question when he saw that there are lots of Dara’s picture out there. He knew those pictures. He took most of them. When Dara was sleeping. When she’s smiling. He even took a picture of them both holding each other’s hand. And a picture of him stealing a kiss on her cheeks while she’s blushing.

 

Jina showed her phone. The ‘MY BUTTERFLY’ folder caught his attention. Confusion still works in his head.

 

“Oppa you look like you’ve seen a ghost” she chuckles “You seem to be so in love here” Jina grabbed the picture of them kissing passionately at Han River. Then without a warning, she tore it apart.

 

Jiyong, dumbfounded - he still can’t believe what’s happening. His mind seems to freeze as he watches her tearing their pictures into small pieces. If these pictures reached the public - he grabbed Jina’s phone, took her memory card and break it into pieces. While she, doesn’t really care if Jiyong’s tearing his phone apart.

 

“It’s useless Jiyong! What do you think will happen if that picture reaches the news? I wouldn’t be surprised if both of you we’re on the news. And I wouldn’t be also surprise if I see Sandara-ssi loses her career AGAIN” with a sarcastic tone and a firm voice, looks like he doesn’t have any other choice.

 

“Why? Dara hasn’t done anything to you!” he’s furious. The thought of Dara getting hurt again flashed in his mind easily.

 

Jina laughed.

 

“Nothing? As you can see Oppa, she stole you away from me!”

 

“But she didn’t…”

 

“Liar! You don’t know how much it pains me to see those stupid pictures of you! She stole you away from me! All this time, I thought it was me! It has always been me! I gave you up before knowing that it’s for your best! You have no idea how much I suffered losing you!” tears are all over her face.

 

He can definitely feel the regrets and pain in her voice.

 


“Then out of nowhere, Sandara-ssi came. And replaced me there!” she pointed Jiyong’s chest.

 

It pains him seeing her cry like that. But she’s right, Dara took her place when she left him. She healed the large wound inside his heart. She brought him back to the world. She didn’t replace her- instead, she took over her.

 

Jina is irreplaceable, she’s one of the reasons why he became a successful idol and composer. He always thinks that having Jina once in his life brought all the inspirations he needed that time. But it’s been years- and in that year, everything changes.

 

“I’m sorry J-ah...” he whispered.

 

“Please stay with me Jiyong.” He voice weakened. “Please tell me you still love me”

 

“Don’t make this hard for me” he deeply sighed. A weak smile appeared on his face. “I LOVED you... but all I can give you now is friendship... because... Dara-”

 

“I don’t want to hear that” she covered her ears. “I don’t want to hear that!”

 

He sighed. He’s really not used to see her like that. It’s killing him. But he have no choice, he doesn’t want to give him a wrong idea about them. He’s just being a gentleman to him and during those days that he spends with her, he really knows where his heart belongs to. He just wants to really make sure that it’s really Dara. The only girl he wants to spend his whole life with. To be the mother of his children and to be his better- half.

 

“I already find the only person I want to spend my whole life with. And that’s not you. I’m so sorry” he told her weakly.

 

“No! That won’t happen Jiyong. Especially now.” She dangerously glared at him.

 

 

- END OF FLASHBACK –