Christmas Ball

SILENCE

Although very busy, Pres. YG manages to gather his artist for an urgent meeting. He was smiling all ears upon seeing how big his family now. Before, he just started with a few talents, some became successful while others we're not... but that didn't stop him to discover and train more aspiring artist until he produced Bigbang and now 2NE1.

 

All eyes are with him as soon as he entered the room. They even straightened up to their seats looking half confused on why he called for an urgent meeting and half excited on the news that he might brought for them.

 

“Everyone's here?” YG's voice filled the entire room.

 

He looked around. Bigbang are complete beside 2NE1. Seven and Han Byul seated next to each other along side with Gummy and Goo Hye Sun. Other artist and trainees filled the seats of the rooms, even their managers and dancers there.

 

He cleared his throat first before he begun.

 

“Two days from now, YGE will held it's very first Christmas Ball. I already talked to your managers to clear all your schedules for that day to make way to our party.”

 

He stopped for a moment as he heard the surprised gasped of his listeners. All their faces are filled with excitement and joy. They are beaming brightly at him and waited patiently for his further announcement.

 

“Since it was a very successful year for YGE both in the television and music scene, I’ve decided to make a memorable party for all of us. And since it's a Christmas Ball, I'm expecting that all of you will manage to find a partner as early as today.” YG smiled widely at them.

 

That made all of them hushed with one another. Some chuckled while starting to think you will they ask for the said Christmas Ball while Jiyong straightened up on his seat as soon as he saw YB smiling at Dara and the latter smiled back to him also. He knew exactly that he wouldn't have the chance to get Dara as a partner - especially now.

 

“Settle down kids.” YG chuckled. “I'm not finished yet”

 

All eyes are with him again. They all looked anxious and static to hear his further announcement but they are quiet surprised to see Teddy also stood up in front of them and grinning widely.

 

“Well have twists on that part” Teddy chuckles. He can clearly see that some of their faces fell down while others lighten upon hearing him. It didn't escape from his eyes seeing Jiyong smiled widely at him.

 

“You'll all have to pick from this to know who you're partner is”

 

 He showed a glass bowl full of pieces of papers. He lightly shook it for a while.

 

“But since there are too many boys that the girls, YG, Kush and I are exempted in this.” Teddy chuckles.


That made some of them clapped their hand while others 'woots' excited to get a fair chance to have a partner at the Ball. CL's face somehow fell down on Teddy's announcement which made Seungri smirk. Commotions filled the room as expected.

 

“I hope I can get My Dara noona's name!” the Bigbang maknae's loudly exclaimed. He's smiling widely at Dara and even winked at her which earns him dirty glare from their leader who's watching him from a distance.

 

“And for the girls,” it was Kush turned to speak. “You'll all have to pick your costumes here. The boys can only tell who among these lovely girls are your partner at the day of the Ball... so boys, behave yourself... especially you Bigbang's maknae.” he pointed Seungri.

 

That made them all laughed.

 

Dara raised her hands.

 

“But why do we have to wear costumes?”

 

Pres YG smiled at her.

 

“It's a Masquerade Party”

 

Another rolled of commotions filled the room.

 

“And before I totally forgot, it's an exclusive party only for the YG family” he looked at them but looked closely at Jiyong.

 

He quickly understands the Pres wanted to tell him. He cannot bring Jina to their party.

 

One by one the boys lined up at Teddy's lane and started to pick up the name of their partner. Jiyong was silently praying while waiting for his turn. He heard YB chuckles upon reading the name of his partner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHRISTMAS BALL

 

The Day finally arrived.

They are all exited for their very first Christmas Party with the whole YG family. Bigbang boys are patiently waiting for their partners to arrive in the place since YG told them that they should be the first one come there. Teddy even gave them their masks upon arriving at the very lovely and romantic glass function room.

 

Jiyong was starting to sweat. He's been hinting that one of the boys got Dara's name since he got other girls name to his dismay. TOP was looking flashy and elegant on his tuxedo. Seungri was looking very excited and happy on his partner- for the first time, their Maknae managed to shut his mouth on revealing who his partner is. Daesung as always smiling beautifully at them while YB, he's looking extra classy tonight. Even all of them wore the same tuxedo, he definitely feels that YB stands out among the five of them.

 

He looked around the place. He is sure that YG made an effort to make it an extra beautiful one even snow is continuously pouring all day.

‘It really looks familiar’ he thought.

 

The butterflies and fireflies dancing around the place, the imaginary snowflakes on the ground, the scent of flowers from the floor and even at the tables - it reminds him of something...

 

“They're here!” Seungri excitedly exclaimed pointing out the door way.

 

They all looked around it, and one by one they can see the shadows of girls forming thru the glass walls and door. YB can't help but to smile widely. In a few moments he can see the glimpse of his partner.

 

When the door swung open, the girls one by one entered the room while still wearing their glittered masks. Some of them wore dresses and others wore cute gowns. They even noticed a very one girl wearing glittered wings but since the lights turned dim, all they can see are their shadowed figures.

 

Seungri took a very large proud step after YG called CL's name. Even her face was half covered with her mask, he saw a small smile on her lips but quickly changed in to a frown as their Maknae finally bowed on to her.

 

Daesung widely smiled upon taking Minzy on her seat. Gummy advanced on her position which made Jiyong finally took his step. He got Gummy's name but still he's happy to be partnered at her. He smiles widely at him. Only TOP and YB were the one left who's not able to get their partner, and it was only Bom and Dara who weren't called either. That made him feels a little uneasy. But as soon as Bom was gently assisted by TOP, he knew exactly that Dara was the only one left standing there. She was the one who's wearing the glittered wings.

 

Dara was on her glittered fairy inspired dress. He doesn't know if it was intentional but the butterflies and fireflies started to encircle her as is she was their queen. She's beaming beautifully at YB who also can't take his eyes away from her. He even heard ‘woots’ coming from Teddy at the side of the room when he finally took Dara's hands.

 

“You look very lovely tonight noona” YB whispered

 

“Only tonight?” she laughs

 

They took their seats parallel to Jiyong and Gummy. Dara was seated in between TOP and YB. They occupied one of the longest tables at that room. For some reason, the room turned into a cozy warm place even the snow was continuously falling outside.

 

“Wow! My Dara noona really looks beautiful tonight!” Seungri exclaimed.

 

“Thank you Seungri-ah. You also looked great” she smiled at him.

 

Food and drinks swarm the party. For a moment, spoons and forks tinkering the whole room but then, in between their chats and laughter, sweet melody filled in. It added the romantic ambiance of the Ball.

 

“Noona, here eat a lot” YB put another piece of cake on her plate.

 

“Thank you. Here share it with me” Dara placed the plate in between them and begin to eat it.

 

“Chaerin, don't eat that one, you'll get fat easily” Seungri immediately took the last piece of her cake on her plate.

 

“Ya! That's mine!”

 

“Not anymore” he quickly ate it all and laughs.

 

CL’s eyes squinted and gave him a murderous glare.

 

When they are all full, they didn't wait any longer. They filled the dance floor immediately. Couples are now sweetly dancing on the beat of the melody. Minzy and Daesung dance powerfully at the center which makes everyone laughed. Seungri managed to dragged the irritated leader of 2NE1 at the center while continuously fighting over the piece of cake he ate and as expected, CL wins over the cute maknae of Bigbang.

 

Jiyong watched Dara and YB looking so beautiful while dancing at one corner of the room. They're smiling and laughing the whole time. He watches her make cute faces when YB was telling her something and Dong Young Bae- the shy guy he used to know before became totally comfortable with Dara. He's even talking to some of the girls right now.

 

“This is really lovely” Dara looked around while both of her hands are around YB's shoulder.

 

“Yeah. It really is. Do you like it?" YB smiled

 

She nods her head and watched how the fireflies constantly flying around them. Her smile faded as soon as she remembers the time she and Jiyong watched them during her birthday camping with him.

 

“I thought you liked it noona, but why there are tears forming in your eyes now?” YB was looking at her the whole time they're dancing.

 

Dara blinked her eyes, tying to control her tears and smiled at him.

 

“I really do. Something just stuck on my eyes” she lied.

 

They are dancing in circle until she faced Jiyong. She caught him looking at her but he quickly turned his eyes on the other dancers when their eyes met.

 

He smirks.

 

‘Aissshhh’ he scolded himself.

 

‘Did you forget it Ji? These fireflies?’ Dara thought.

 

Then she rolled her eyes and looked straight on YB’s eyes.

 

She beamed at him.

 

“Thank you Young Bae” she whispered as she placed her head on his broad shoulder.

 

“For what?”

 

“For being there always... for being my sun when dark clouds are a head me... thank you”

 

YB twirls Dara around which made her chuckles. She smiled and looked beautiful at him. Then they continued to dance.

 

Meanwhile, TOP and Jiyong sat comfortably at their seats. Both their partners are busy dancing on the dance floor. Teddy and Kush encircled Bom while laughing at her jokes while Gummy was dancing with Se7en and Byul. They're much enjoying watching CL and Seungri who still continues their cat and dog fight. The two of them silently laughs when Seungri was beaten up by CL. Then for a moment, he heard TOP sighed. He looked at him and caught him looking at YB and Dara's direction.

 

“Dara noona... do you think she already know what YB feels for her?” TOP asked him.

 

He felt something different on his voice.

 

‘Is he sounded jealous? Or it was just his imagination’

 

He tried to smile at him and tried to look at his eyes but he somehow felt scared. He's afraid to see something more on TOP's eyes.

 

“Maybe...” he muttered and once again looked at them.

 

‘YB is now being more expressive on his feelings. It shows on how he looked at Dara. I never have seen him looking at her like that. Maybe he really wanted to get her back’ he told himself and let out a deep and meaningful sigh.

 

For TOP who's been very observant and agreed on YB’s idea to make him jealous tonight was fun watching him turned into different Jiyong. Sometimes his face will grim, sometimes he would frown and sometimes he even talked to himself. His eyes dance in delight when an idea popped inside his head.

 

“Noona looks beautiful tonight” he whispered to Jiyong and left him stiff because of what he just said. TOP advanced on YB and Dara's position and even asked her to dance with him now. YB willingly gave way to him and chuckles.

 

‘TOP hyung?! You're also a fan boy now?’ Jiyong's mind screamed.

 

“Noona, it's our first time to dance like this” he teased

 

“Kya! Tabi, I'm not a good dancer, watch your feet” she laughs.

 

“We're the same noona, so watch yours too.” TOP chuckles.

 

YB retrieves on his seat and faced Jiyong. It was now his turn to watch him closely as TOP made his own way to make his jealous. He was silently praising his hyung for being a good actor and a tease to Jiyong.

 

“My feet hurts Tabi” she whispered to him.

 

“Oh, you want to rest now noona?” he worriedly asks her.

 

She shook her head and looked down to her feet. TOP followed her. He saw her cute little feet wearing strappy sandals

 

“These shoes are killing me.” Dara chuckles.

 

He leaned on her ears making sure that Jiyong will see them.

 

“Noona, fairies don't wear shoes” he winked at her.

 

Dara's face lightens up.

 

“Kya! I forgot that one very small detail” without a warning, she immediately took of her sandals.

 

TOP being a gentleman stopped her and insisted to help her. He knelled and gently took of her sandals until both of them are free from her feet.

 

“Omo! The floor is cold” she squealed

 

“We should take our seat now”

 

But again, she shook her head.

 

“I'm a barefooted fairy now. Look!” she smiled at him and even turned around.

 

It made TOP chuckles.

 

“Step on my foot”

 

“What?”

 

“Aissshhh, step on my foot noona. You're not heavy right?” he smiled at her but even before she could answer him, he guided her to step first on his right foot, and then to his left. They are closely standing at each other. TOP gently scooped her waist so that she will not lose balance.

 

Although hesitant at first, Dara smiled at him and put her arms around his shoulder. It's much better now. Her feet will not suffer to the cold floor and she will not make a mistake on dancing since TOP was the one who's leading their dance.

 

Jiyong started to get irritated on what he's seeing. He's not used to see ‘them’ getting this close -almost touching each other’s face. He let out his frustration by starting to drink and drink until he didn't noticed that he almost drink half of the wine. It didn't help also when someone commented that they're a match made in heaven - a perfect couple.

 

“Hey Ji, what are you doing there?” Se7en tapped his shoulder. “Come join us” he successfully dragged him out of his seat and went straight forward at Dara and TOP.

 

The two automatically stopped dancing and let go from their position landing Dara's feet on the cold flooring.

 

“Kya! Se7en, Jiyong sunbae-nim” she warmly greeted them. Se7en smiled at her but Jiyong wear a blank face. He just looked at her.

 

They begun to encircled her. Se7en even gave TOP a high five for successfully doing a great job tonight. It was seen all over Jiyong's face.

 

“Omo! What are you doing?” she laughs

 

“We're protecting our butterfly” TOP winked at her.

 

‘Butterfly... my Butterfly’ Jiyong thought. That brought him back to his senses. He's a heavy drinker that's why even he drank half of the wine's bottle, he wasn't drunk - but he felt it boost up his confidence. And for the first time that night, he manages to smile at Dara.

 

“Are you guys blind? I have wings. Look!” Dara cutely moved her little wings “I need to fly” she chuckles.

 

“TOP-ssi. Let's get Dara noona a drink” Se7en quickly drag TOP out of the dance floor. He even pushed Jiyong a little bit to make the distance between her and Dara a little closer....