Frosty Christmas

SILENCE

 

Dara was trying to avoid his gaze but his eyes are like magnets. She can’t pull her eyes back. She wanted to move her feet but it won’t move. It’s like she was nailed on the very spot where she’s standing.

 

“Dance with me” he quietly asked her looking straight in to her eyes.

 

He’s trying to break the awkward silence built between the two of them. He leaned his hand to her. Both of them don’t know how long they are staring each other. They don’t know how long they’ve been standing there. And Dara didn’t know what makes her hands move to finally reached for him.

 

That’s the only thing he needs to finally step a little more closer to her. By the lovely melody, they slowly sway their bodies to the tune. Jiyong wrapped his arms around her. He’s been dying to feel her again in his arms. He never wanted this moment to go. All he’s silently praying now is to stop the clock from ticking - he wanted to stay with her forever.

 

He wrapped his arms tightly on her waist while Dara put her arms around his shoulders. She wanted to bury her face on her chest but she’s stopped herself.

 

“Dara…” he whispered

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I’m sorry…” he kissed her hair. He missed the sweet fragrance of her hair. “I’m sorry” he whispered again.

 

Dara felt like crying but she’s controlling to feel unnecessary emotions right now. She needs to be strong especially at this very moment. But his words cuts deeper in to her heart. She felt the sadness on his voice. But she thinks quickly, so instead of being blown away by the romantic place, the perfect timing and the lovely ambiance, she put on her brave face and reminded herself that the person she’s dancing with was the same person who broke her heart.

 

Dara blinked her eyes and looked away. Her eyes are actually searching for YB but for the first time, he wasn’t there when she needed him. So she looked back at Jiyong and put on a small smile on her lips.

 

“It’s alright... I’ve learned my lessons well” she directly answered. She wanted to sound livelier but she failed. His eyes are slowly melting her. It’s a mistake to look in his eyes. She felt her knees are weakened - and without a warning, the cold gust of winter breeze embraces them.

 

Her frail body shivers.

 

“Omo!”

 

Jiyong chuckles while looking at her. He felt her whole body shivers.

 

Dara pouted.

 

“Kya! Why are you silently laughing?” she slapped his chest.

 

“Here, wear my coat” he quickly took off his coat and placed it around her shoulders.

 

But she stubbornly took it off and shook her head. She wanted to look alright even she’s already freezing to death but to her dismay - another wave of wind kissed them and her body shivers again. Jiyong raised his eyebrows and a boyish grin drew his lips.

 

“You’re so hard headed you know that” he chuckles

 

“Are you blind? I have wings? How can I wear that if I still have my wings on me” she reasoned out to hide her embarrassment.

 

He chuckled again and initiated her to take her wings off. He carefully assisted her and when she’s wing-free, he quickly wrapped her with his coat.

 

“Much better” he smiled. He bowed at her “Again, May I dance with you”

 

By that time, more and more butterflies and fireflies encircled around them, dancing to their lead as if following the lead of their queen butterfly - Dara.

 

At one corner of the room, YB was looking at the two. Even his smiling all ears, sadness filled his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been an hour but Jiyong can’t seem to find a perfect position to return from his sleep again. He’s been tossing every now and then - looks like he’s also having a sleep problem too. He took his phone, flipped it up but flipped it down again.

 

“Aissshhh...” he furiously muttered then threw his phone. He lied down in his bed for the nth time but after a few second, he finally stood up. He massages his temple and reached his phone back.

 

“I must be crazy” he dialed a number quickly and gasped as soon as he heard the ring from the other line. He looked at his clock it’s past 2 am now.

 

“Aissshhh... She must be sleeping” he was about to end the call when he finally heard a sleepy voice.

 

“Ya! It’s too early for tomorrow. What do you want?”

 

He tightens his grip on his phone while trying to find his voice to answer her but his throat suddenly went dry.

 

Full minutes passed.

 

“Ya!” she sounded getting impatient now upon hearing the changes on her voice - and then he heard a heavy sighed.

 

“Maybe you just accidentally pressed my number while you’re sleeping” her voice cracked and became shaky. “Ah, Ji… Happy Christmas” and cuts the line off.



He clearly heard her sniff before she ended the call. Jiyong felt his eyes heated. Then tears followed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TODAY is Christmas Day - he even remembered the time when Dara called him on the middle of the night on his birthday. He wanted to do that also. He knew how much Dara love Christmas. She’s been waiting for this day to come, and now, as much as he wanted to make it a special one - he can’t do that anymore. He can but he’s forbidden to do that…

 

He badly misses her right now, but all he can do is to watch her from a far. He needed to pretend that he doesn’t love her anymore, pretend that he doesn’t care for her anymore… but how long can he do it? Why do both of them have to suffer?

 

 

 

CHRISTMAS DAY

 

“Dara unnie, wake up” CL lightly tapped her shoulder.

 

She slowly opened her eyes. It’s morning - it’s Christmas morning! This means it’s time to open their presents. She smiled at her and sat on her bed.

 

“Happy Christmas Unnie” she hugged her tightly.

 

“Happy Christmas CL-roo” Dara hugged her back.

 

“It’s Christmas Day but we have to work” CL pouted. But she frowned as soon as her eyes landed on Dara’s eyes. It’s puffy again. Last night she heard her sniff after answering a phone call and her conclusion was right - she cried again.

 

Dara smiled. “Ah, the price of being an Idol... but it’s worth it CL-roo”

 

“Oh! Unnie you’re awake now” Minzy excitedly hugged her who freshly came out of their bathroom wearing her bathrobe. “Happy Christmas Dara unnie” she kissed her cheeks which makes Dara squealed.

 

“Happy Christmas Minji-ah, oh! Where’s Bomtaro?” she quickly get off her bed and grabbed something from her drawer.

 

“Did I just hear my name?” Bom showed up

 

“Tada!” Dara excitedly handed each one of them her present she secretly wrapped few night ago so that they wouldn’t see it because she wanted to surprise them.

 

“Oh Ssantoki! You’re so sweet” Bom hugged her.

 

Even she’s not with her family now, these girls completes her Christmas Day. She really loves looking at their surprised and happy faces.

 

“Unnie, we’ve got presents for you too- ”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YG BUILDING...

 

After their performance at Music Bank the girls hurriedly and excitedly go back to YG building since they have another finishing recording session with Teddy. Each one of them brought their gifts for their very special and talented composer, especially CL. Dara even cooked lunch for him before they leave their apartment.

 

The four of them energetically knocked at his studio because they wanted to surprise him for coming earlier than their schedule for today but they are the one who was surprised when they saw someone already hanging inside his studio…

 

“What’s up 2NE1?” Jiyong greeted them while Jina was sitting beside him wrapping her arms around his waist as if she’s going to be blown away by something, smiling at them.

 

“Oh Jiyong oppa, Jina unnie.. We’re not expecting to see you here today” CL stated and wasn’t completely recovered from shocked seeing them in that position.

 

Teddy caught her attention with his pretend cough. It somehow brought her back to her senses and welcomed the ‘two’ properly.

 

“Happy Christmas” she quickly bowed at them and worriedly turned to the girls.

 

Bom and Minzy saw the fear in CL’s eyes. They have the same thoughts in their mind, not to spoil Dara’s Christmas. All of them know that she’s been waiting for this a long time ago. She’s been very vocal on how she wanted this Christmas to be a great one but looks like it wouldn’t turned that good now - They wanted to backed out but it’s too late because Dara already seen the ‘two’

 

“Happy Christmas CL-roo” Jina warmly greeted her. But she even smiles widely after noticing Dara was standing behind Bom near the door.

 

“Oh, Dara-ssi.. Happy Christmas!” she quickly let go of Jiyong’s waist and stood up to hugged Dara.

 

“Dara-ssi I’ve got a gift for you” she excitedly showed her a small box. “We’ll actually oppa told me that it wasn’t necessary to give you a gift but I insist” she chuckles. “I’m one of your biggest fans Dara-ssi. I hope you’ll like it”

 

“Thank you Jina-ssi..” she stammered “We’ll I’m sorry I didn’t bring your presents. I never thought you’ll be here today” she bowed at her and Jiyong who’s wearing a surprise face until now. He doesn’t really know that Jina bought something for her. And now, Dara even have a present for him.

 

Jina’s face lightens up.

 

“Is it true? We’ve got presents? Oh, you’re really sweet Dara-ssi” she tightly hugged her again. “I’m quiet wondering why until now Young Bae oppa and TOP oppa wasn’t confessing their feelings to you” she chuckles.

 

It made Jiyong froze, even the girls froze on what she just said.

 

“Aigoo! You’ll really make a cute couple just like me and Jiyong oppa” Jina glanced at him which forced Jiyong to smile at her. The she quickly turned back to Dara “Oppa already told me that he will pass the two boys if they applied for the five step rules. Right oppa?” she happily chirped.

 

“Sure they will…” he stammered

 

For some reason Dara felt uneasy on what he just said. But she hides it by smiling at the two of them.

 

“Jiyong oppa we’re not actually expecting to see you here so we only brought Teddy oppa’s present” Minzy apologized to him and bowed lowly.

 

“It’s alright Minji-ah” he smiled at her. “I also forgot to bring your presents, maybe you can dropped by at my apartment so-”

 

“That’s right!” Jina cut him off. “I’m going to cook a special dinner tonight since it’s the first time oppa and I will celebrate Christmas together… You can all join us if you want and Dara-ssi, I’m expecting you to be there tonight okei?” she even holds Dara’s hand and looked at her.

 

“I’m sorry Jina unnie, but we have rehearsals tonight… and we have to leave early tomorrow because we’ll go to Busan” CL answered for Dara.

 

It’s true that they’ll leave tomorrow but the rehearsal was just an excuse. YG gave the girls the whole night to celebrate Christmas together.

 

‘Good job Chaerin’ Teddy praised her silently.

 

“CL-roo is right, Sorry Jina-ssi, we can’t really make it. But we can do that some other time” Dara apologize to her.

 

Jina’s face fell and really looked disappointed and sat beside Jiyong again. “Oh well, so it’s ONLY you and me tonight oppa” she lean her head to his shoulder and hold his hands tightly.

 

The girls somehow felt irritated on how the two acted so sweet especially when they know that Dara’s just around them. It made them more worried on how she’s going to feel while they are comfortably chilling in Teddy’s studio.

 

‘So insensitive’ Bom throw a dirty glare at Jiyong.

 

‘Jiyong oppa, please don’t be harsh on Dara unnie’ maknae silently pray.

 

Teddy finally broke his silence after his eyes finally landed on the thing that Dara’s holding.

 

“Kiddo, what’s that?” he pointed

 

“Lunch” she beamed brightly at him and handed him the lunch box she prepared.

 

“Wow! Really? So is this your present to me?” Teddy chuckles “Finally, I’ll get a chance to taste your cooking. I’ve heard from TOP that you really cooked well”

 

“Kya! Tabi’s just being polite” she chuckles.


“Let’s eat this after you finished the part you will record today” he winked at her.

 

“Aigoo! I’m Nervous again” Dara clasped her hands tightly. “But I know you can guide me well” she smiled at him.

 

He nodded and motioned her to go inside the recording booth. The three girls settled beside Jiyong and Jina. It’s another Teddy’s brilliant idea to continue their experiment on her Kiss Solo Digital Single wherein she rapped. He gave her again the chance to become a badass again. As what they’ve received from the fans, they are expecting more that Dara will rap again along side with CL.

 

She started to rock the song more than they expected- and once again, they are surprised by Dara. What else can’t she do? They are all hooked up on the beat and rhythm of the song.

 

“Wow! Unnie is great” CL proudly exclaimed. She’s one of the main rapper of 2NE1 and she knows that rapping is not an easy thing to do.

 

“Yeah. She’s really rocking the song” Jiyong agreed.

 

It was his first time to see her rapped inside Teddy’s studio. When she did the Kiss single, he wasn’t around because he was so nervous for her. He just showed up after she successfully record the song. And now, he’s watching it with his own eyes. He was amazed on fast she learned rapping.

 

He knew that she’s been practicing it with Teddy and with his magic, he manages to show the hidden talent of Dara in rapping. He even used his skills to polish it.

 

His proud and happy for her - very happy for her. And that didn’t pleased Jina who’s watching him intently as soon as Dara stepped inside the booth. She noticed how Jiyong looked at her, how a smile lightens his face when she begun to record. So she leaned on him and whispered something. Jina is sure that Dara perfectly seen them since she manages to chose the best angle of their seats.

 

She felt Jiyong stiffened while a smug smile appeared on her face as soon as Jiyong looked at her. And without any warning, he kissed her fully in her lips.

 

Dara froze, while the girls gasped. They felt awkward and looked quickly at Dara. They know she saw everything based from her expression. As expected her voice cracked. She sounded shaky and completely loses her focus. The girls wanted to drag Dara out of Teddy’s studio. They wanted to drag her out of the YG building. They wanted to drag her anywhere far from Jiyong and Jina.

 

Jiyong didn’t look at them, instead he looked down. He’s afraid to look at Dara. He heard her crack. He’s afraid to see the pain in her eyes, he’s afraid to see her in pain because of him - he’s dead afraid. While Jina smiled and seat back satisfied.

 

‘Perfect’ she thought upon seeing the weary face of CL.

 

“Teddy oppa I think we should take a break. Ssantoki is really tired from our performance earlier. She didn’t even sleep properly because of a PHONE CALL last night” Bom tapped Teddy’s shoulder.

 

“Papa Teddy, Bom unnie is right” CL seconded.

 

“Can I just finish my part before we take a break?” Dara bravely voiced out and put on her well rehearsed smile perfect with this situation.

 

All are hesitant but they know that Dara wouldn’t want to look weak in front of them. She wanted to look strong and tough in front of Jiyong. She doesn’t want them to think that she’s affected on what she just saw.

 

‘Sandara Park! You’re strong! Fighting!’ she chanted over and over. Over and over until this word completely sink in her head and most especially in her HEART.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He what?!” YB can’t believe what just CL told him.

 

“How’s noona?” TOP worriedly asked

 

“She went out earlier, she didn’t even told us where she’s going” Minzy sadly answered.

 

“We saw how Dara unnie tried her best not to cry” CL added.

 

All their faces fell. The girls sneakily went at YB’s place after Dara hurriedly left their dorm. CL called for an emergency meeting because they are all worried on Dara since she’s spacing out again when they went home few hours ago. Even she bravely put on her mask, her eyes are empty again.

 

“Aissshhh... how can he be so damn insensitive!” TOP furiously burst out. He quickly flipped his phone and dialed a number.

 

“Noona must be really hurt. It’s supposed to be a happy day... but hyung… that stubborn hyung... How can he do it to her?” Seungri, for the first time was lost for words.

 

“Her phone was off! I was trying to call her but I can’t reach her”

 

“Where Dara noona could be?” YB was looking so dead worried right now. He expected that she will call her but she didn’t. And now, she’s nowhere to find. Her phone was off-