Harmonica

SILENCE

Jiyong frowned as soon as he saw the news about Lee Min Ho. He doesn’t know him personally but after he lead at Dara’s Kiss MV, he hungers for more information about the pretty boy Gu Jun Pyo on TV who stole Korean women’s heart – including his very own Dara. Yes even her.

 

 

How can he forget that when CL revealed in 2NE1 TV episode when they visited Goo Hye Sun’s art exhibit that Dara is a fan of the four boys prettier than flowers. And after few weeks, they worked together for Dara’s solo single and Cass beer CF.

 

 

‘He still wants to work with her?’ he smirked noticing that he keeps on calling ‘Dara’ omitting the word noona on national TV.

 

 

‘Aissshhh even you’re a pretty boy or a flower boy, I’m still the Great Dragon’ Jiyong didn’t anymore watched the interview and turn off his TV. He grabs his phone and key in his message. How can he completely rest now if he’s been thinking what Se7en told him about TOP and now Lee Min Ho added?

 

 

‘She must be sleeping now’ he muttered.

 

 

He keeps on glancing at his phone waiting for Dara’s reply.

 

 

‘How can she sleep so soundly tonight while I’m here still wide awake because of her?’ Jiyong sighed and shifted his attention on Gaho.

 

 

Good thing Gaho have this special power to lighten up his mood. He smiled as soon as he saw him running towards him. It’s another love fight between them. He grew up so fast and now he’s even heavier. He can’t even lift him up with one hand now, and he’s already strangling whenever he tried to squeeze him. He chuckles after Gaho his cheeks.

 

 

“Ah, you caught me in that one” he laughs.

 

 

They continued to played until he didn’t noticed that time flies. He wasn’t expecting to hear from Dara so he dives to his bed to finally sleep. It wasn’t that long when his phone rings. He let it ring for a while after seeing that it was Dara.

 

 

“Ya! It’s late why are you still awake?” he tried to sound disappointed well in fact his heart beats faster and faster when he’s talking to her.

 

 

“Sorry to wake you up. Are you mad at me?” Dara sobs. “Ok I’ll hang up now”

 

 

“Wait! Hey, are you crying?”

 

 

He heard her sniffs and sobs again trying to control the shakiness of her voice.

 

 

“I… I just dreamt about umma…” Dara sniffs “she was sick and no one takes care of her”

 

 

“Shhh… don’t cry… it’s just a dream… don’t worry”

 

 

But instead of hearing her stop from crying, she cried even harder.

 

 

‘Aisshhh what did I do? Did I say something wrong?’ he scolded himself and massages his temple.

 

 

“I miss umma… I haven’t spent Christmas with her – with my family. I miss her so much” she cried harder.

 

 

It wasn’t really please him whenever he heard Dara cry. He wanted to make her stop. He wanted to comfort her. But how?

 

 

“Don’t cry now… are the girls awake?”

 

 

“Ani… They aren’t here… I’m scared… I’m alone here… and it’s dark…” she sighed heavily.

 

 

That made Jiyong frowned. He looked at his wall clock but it wasn’t functioning. He searched for his wrist watch – it’s already 12:30 in the morning and the girls aren’t there.

 

 

“Wait for me there… I’m coming”

 

 

He jumped off the stairs to quickly reach the girls apartment. He doesn’t want to make her feel alone – especially now that the girls are mysteriously missing. He was breathing heavily when pressed the buzzer.

 

 

As soon as Dara opened the door for him, she throws herself on to his arms, shaking and sobbing at the same time. He hugged her back and felt that she was shaking.

 

 

“Don’t cry now… I’m here” he whispered while brushing her hair.

 

 

“I’m worried for umma…” she continues to cry silently on Jiyong’s chest.

 

 

“Shhh… let’s just visit her tomorrow or whenever we have time”

 

 

“Is that possible?”

 

 

He chuckles.

 

 

“Of course it is. Are you thinking that we are like prisoners here? Hey, we just have to ask YG and I’m sure he will let us”

 

 

“Are you sure he’ll let us go home even for an hour? I just really wanted to see umma”

 

 

Jiyong nods his head and cupped her face.

 

 

“Let’s go inside. It’s chilly out here. And stop crying, you’ll catch colds” he smiled at Dara and wipe her tears. For the first time since he arrived there he saw her smile again. Her eyes are puffy and red, even her nose, indicating that she’s been crying for quiet sometime now.

 

 

 

“Where are the girls? Why did they leave you here?” he curiously asked while looking at the empty apartment. No wonder why Dara’s afraid, all lights are off. And he’s feeding her scary stories before about their apartment.

 

 

 

“I don’t know, I just woke up and see that they’re already gone.” she sat beside him.

 

 

“I’ll call them.” Jiyong flipped up his phone and dialed CL’s number. It’s ringing but no one’s answering. He frowned a little but can’t help to praise them also for giving him this time to spend it with Dara.

 

 

“They’re not answering?”

 

 

He shook his head and put back his phone inside his jacket. He glanced at the scared-looking Dara sitting beside him wandering her eyes all over the place. He hasn’t seen the camera’s that YG put inside their pad when 2NE1 TV started.

 

 

‘Looks like YG already gave them privacy’ he thought himself and smile.

 

 

“Aigoo I’m really scared. They all just left me here without even leaving a message on where they are going” Dara sighed.

 

 

“Are you still scared at the dark?” he evilly grinned.

 

 

“Thanks to you I’m scared even at our apartment. You’re always telling me scary stories” Dara pouted.

 

 

He chuckles.

 

 

“Where’s Tamtam?”

 

 

“Omo! I left her inside our room” she stood up and was about to run towards their dark room when she stopped and looked at Jiyong.

 

 

“Can you come with me?”

 

 

“What?!” he instantly hugged himself and acted like he’s also scared on what Dara might do to him.

 

 

“Don’t abuse me” he laughs

 

 

“You wish!” she placed her hand on her waist and raised her eye brows.

 

 

He was holding his laughs a little tight after seeing her irritated face. And even before she gave him a smack on his head, he immediately stood up and leads the way to the girls’ room.

 

 

“Open my lampshade”

 

 

“Ya! You’re really bossy you know. Can't you even say please?” even so, he followed her and turns on the thing. It was a heart shape lampshade.

 

 


‘Girly’ Jiyong thought and looked at her.

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

 

 

The next day, Jiyong was in a hurry or else he’s going to be late at their practice. He woke up late than his usual because he waited for the girls to arrive last night. He was rushing to their practice room afraid to get late. He doesn’t want to be a bad role model for and for his juniors. And he can’t bear to hear their maknae’s side comment about him being late for their practice.

 

 

Even while he’s in a hurry he can still hear a sound of harmonica which is kinda off filling the all hallway. Jiyong frowned.

 

 

‘What a bad way to start the day’ he thought himself and continue to run faster.

 

 

“Annyeonghasayoe… Sorry I’m late” he’s breathing heavily and bowed his head after opening their practice room. He was expecting to see them all and starting to warm up – and he’s even expecting Seungri to give him a mischievous grin seeing him in this kind of situation.

 

 


“Late? Ya Ji, you’re early” TOP chuckles

 

 

That’s when he only looked up and looked at the wall clock in that room. It was just 6:00 am.

 

 

‘Aisshhh I forgot that my clock wasn’t working’ he muttered. To be free from this embarrassment he smiled widely at TOP

 

 

“Hyung you’re early also” he chuckles “Are you the one playing the harmonica? It’s sounds off”

 

 

“Ya!”

 

 

That’s the only time he realize that TOP wasn’t alone. He’s with Dara holding his harmonica and looking that she had a good night sleep unlike him.

 

 

“I’m just learning how to play that’s why it sounds off” she chuckles.

 

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

 

“I’m practicing. Early as always” she smiled. “But Tabi’s really early today… earlier than me”

 

 

“I’m here to practice playing that one” TOP pointed the thing Dara’s holding. He glanced at Jiyong who’s wearing a disbelief face while trying to absorb what just he heard. “For our concert” he added.

 

 

‘Top hyung and Dara… in here… how long have been here?’ Jiyong’s mind shouted. It freshened up everything what Se7en told him.

 

 

“Ya! Are you sleeping with your eyes wide open? Are you still sleepy?” Dara laughs

 

 

“Ani… I just remembered something” he shook his head

 

 

“Omo, you still have a good memory until now” she teased

 

 

“Of course, that’s why I hardly get lost in streets” he fired back.

 

 

Dara immediately blushed remembering the time she got lost in Japan and that didn’t escape from TOP’s eyes.

 

 

“Am I missing something here?”

 

 

“Ani… Ji’s kinda weird now. Teach me again Tabi” she quickly dragged him away from Jiyong who’s flashing a doggish grin on his face. He carefully dropped his bag near Dara’s bag. When he’s sure that both of them are busy, he pushed TOP’s bag away from Dara and replaced it by his own.

 

 

“I didn’t know you can play this one Tabi. What a surprise” he heard Dara chuckles.

 

 

Now it was TOP who’s blushing and smiling at her. He looks like a shy little boy in front of his crush the way he acts now. He smirked and started to warm up on the treadmill. Even he’s few meters away, he was looking at them secretly.

 

 

“That’s one of my secret hobby noona”

 

 

“Wow! I’m sure you’re going to surprise all your fans at your concert” she happily chirped

 

 

“Do you think so?”

 

 

She nods her head and gave back TOP’s harmonica.

 

 

“Why didn’t you play that on your CF before? Daesung played the drums, Young Bae and Seungri played the piano and Ji played the trombone…” she glanced at Jiyong “I’m really impressed on that Ji” Dara loudly called him.

 

 

He acted like he doesn’t care on wheat they’re talking but in fact his heart was jumping up and down after hearing that praise from Dara. He really played the trombone on their CF and it really blends with TOP’s beat boxing skill. Fans really loved it.

 

 

“I think everyone will be really delighted if you played an instrument also” she continued

 

 

“I wasn’t even good at playing it before noona” TOP chuckles while looking at his harmonica

 

 

“But you are good now. Aigoo! I think all YG artist are really talented” Dara squealed

 

 

“How about you noona can you play an instrument?

 

 

“Only a little, I can play piano if someone guided me. Young Bae-ah and Ji thought me”

 

 

TOP glanced at Jiyong who’s smiling all by himself now while still running at the treadmill. He chuckles seeing him blushing every time Dara would say his name.

 

 

“Please play for us Tabi. I really want to hear you play this beautifully” Dara clasped both of her hands and gave him her sweetest smile.

 

 

‘She’s using her charm again’ Jiyong though and run even faster now.

 

 

“Alright, this is what I’m really planning to play on our concert noona. Hey Ji, listen to this and tell me what you think”

 

 

He nods his head but didn’t look at them.

 

 

TOP stands right in front of Dara also facing Jiyong. She was completely engrossed listening to him while he’s playing it with all of his heart. He looks so calm and relaxed as he continues. He would even manage to smile at her whenever he’s amazed at Dara’s reaction. As he continues, she felt like he’s giving her a peculiar gaze – exactly the same as what YB and Jiyong. But the only difference now is that she can’t take her eyes away from him. She was like being hypnotized by him. Was it because of his eyes, or because of his melody?

 

 

It was only cut off when they heard a loud bang from behind – it was Jiyong. He accidentally lost his balance leaving him hit the floor face down.

 

 

“Omo, Ji!” Dara quickly runs toward him. He wasn’t moving. “Ji, are you alright? Ji?” she gently lifted his head.

 

 

“Please help me Tabi” she called. Even he’s thin looking man – he really is heavy and she needed someone who can carefully move him.

 

 

“Ouch…” he moaned

 

 

“Ya! Are you ok? Tabi please get me an ice. Please hurry”

 

 

TOP instantly followed her as soon as he saw Ji’s nose was bleeding. Dara on the other put Jiyong’s head on his lap and carefully wipe the blood coming from his nose. It was slightly bleeding and there’s also a small cut on his nose bridge.

 

 

“I think my nose is broken” he whispered

 

 

“Silly, don’t move or else your blood will drip” Dara gently wipe of his blood. When it still continues to bleed she grabs her hanky and gently pressed it on to him.

 

 

“What are you thinking? Why did you just dive on the floor? Aissshhh your brain is also damage. As far as I can remember I was the only one who has that label – but I think it would fit for the two of us” she smirked

 

 

“Ya! It was an accident. I didn’t do that on purpose” Jiyong rolled his eyes. When he saw how TOP stare at her he froze for a while and it was a mistake – he’s still on the treadmill so he completely lost his balance that’s why he fall face first on the cold hard floor. It was really embarrassing.

 

 

And speaking of the y hot devil TOP, he’s back with ice on his hanky and gave it to Jiyong. She helped her putting on to his nose to help it stop from bleeding. She even brushed his hair gently while looking at him worriedly. Even he’s really embarrassed because of what happened, he’s still happy. Seeing Dara being so worried and nursing him right now – it’s all paid off. How he wished this cute Ssantoki could look for her even just now…

 

 

“Hyung help me get up” Jiyong raised his arms to him. He’s actually alright now but after seeing Dara still helping him get up, he came up with this brilliant idea.

 

 

“Aissshhh my feet hurts” he moaned

 

 

He put all his weight on TOP’s side to even make him believe that he’s really hurt well in fact he’s just faking it now. Being a kid hearted person, Dara put her arms around his waist and placed his arms around his shoulder. He actually jumped a little when he felt Dara’s little hands around his waist.

 

 

“How are you feeling?” TOP asked

 

 

“My feet hurt. And my nose, it doesn’t stop bleeding”

 

 

“I’ll look for our doctor. Noona stay with Ji for a while. Don’t let him move” he instructed and left the room once again.

 

 

Jiyong sighed while trying to massage his ‘aching’ foot

 

 

“Ya! Don’t move. I’ll massage it for you” Dara stopped him and instantly sat in front of Jiyong. She lightly pressed his foot and glanced at him worriedly. “Is it painful here?”

 

 

“Oh, yes… ouch… it hurts” he quickly responded and tried to sound really hurt when in fact it tickles

 

 

“Oh, sorry… I’m pressing it gently as I could. How are you feeling? Anything hurts aside from this?”

 

 

He wanted to praise himself for having a great show now. Jiyong was trying to hold his smile whenever Dara looks at him. ‘Ah… nice Jiyong… nice’ he chanted inside his head.

 

 

“Where are the others? Omo! we need help now” Dara frustratedly sighed

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 

Only TOP was the one who’s able to wake up early after they all received an emergency call from YG. Last night he became anxious after hearing the tip from his source that there would be news about Dara that’s coming out today. So even it was already late, he personally called them one by one. Teddy, Kush and Se7en came first followed by the Bigbang and 2NE1. Same as usual, two persons are missing – the sleeping Dara which the girls left in their apartment and Jiyong who’s been locking himself on his apartment again.

 

 

“Sorry for the late night call. But this is urgent” YG started looking flushed and worried while massaging his temple.

 

 

“It’s alright” Teddy chuckles

 

 

All of them looked tired, but they have to comply on the President’s call. They straightened their seats after hearing the word ‘urgent’

 

 

“I’ve just been informed that there would be news about Dara – about some selca photos” he continued. He paused for a while anticipating their hushed voices but he was embraced with defeating silence. It seems like they are all holding their breaths now.

 

 

“Is it about Jiyong hyung and Dara noona’s pictures?” Seungri broke the awkward silence as always.

 

 

“I am not sure” YG moaned. “But I really do hope that it wouldn’t be that.” he looked at them one by one and his eyes landed stayed longer at YB.

 

 

“Can’t we do anything about this?” It was Kush

 

 

The awkward silence turned into tension as soon as YG shook his head.

 

 

“I don’t think we can do anymore. As long as Jina have those pictures, it’s still a threat. I’m afraid to say that we are defenseless at the moment”

 

 

“But sajang-nim why don’t we ask Jina-ssi personally to give us the pictures and promise her that we wouldn’t do anything to her” Bigbang maknae once more stated.

 

 

“Silly. That’s impossible” CL glared at him

 

 

“Why?” he turned to her.

 

 

“As far as we all know she’s head over heels to hyung because she’s using those pictures to threaten him just to get him back. And if that’s the case, I must say that she’s really in love with him”

 

 

“So? What’s your point?”

 

 

He rolled his eyes.

 

 

“Meaning she would do everything just to protect him. Just like what hyung did to noona.”

 

 

“Maknae, Jina-ssi is far way different from Jiyong” TOP in

 

 

“I have to agree with TOP” YG interfered. “Security reported that she’s seen wandering around YG building. I think she’s observing both Dara and Jiyong from a far.”

 

 

“What?! Is that true sajang-nim?” Se7en suddenly exclaimed “That woman starts to creeps me out”

 

 

“I’m becoming more worried for their safety. So I am asking all of you to look after Dara – especially. Threats are higher for her” YG looked at TOP.

 

 

“Does Jiyong oppa know about it sajang-nim?” Minzy politely asked

 

 

Once more he shook his head.

 

 

“I think he already had enough. For the mean time I just wanted to keep this thing away from him. He already done his part”

 

 

They are in the middle of their talk when CL’s phone suddenly rings.

 

 

“It’s Jiyong oppa… I think Dara unnie’s already awake now”