Fever

SILENCE

She felt her heart become heavy again. She quickly squeezed herself outside the room but the she stopped - She can’t breathe. Her temperature rises even more and she begins to feel a little dizzy. Dara leaned her back on the wall for support trying to control her breathing. She closed her eyes to rest for a while.

 

“Noona”

 

She quickly opened her eyes and saw TOP running towards her.

 

“Tabi!” she widely smiled at him but instead of seeing him smiled back at her, she saw him frowned.

 

“Are you alright? You looked sick noona”

 

She chuckles.

 

“Really? Ya Tabi, don’t you know that crazy persons don’t usually get sick… because they are sick to begin with” she laughs

 

“Eh?”

 

Dara pouted which made TOP smiled at her finally.

 

“You’re wearing the beanie I gave you” he pointed “I’ve heard you’re practicing tonight. I’m here to watch”

 

“Aigoo! You’re really a sweet guy. Kya! I’ll get water first. Are you thirsty? Do want something? I’m going to the storage room”

 

He shook his head.

 

Dara grabbed bottles of water for the girls. She even grabbed some sandwiches since all of them aren’t eating dinner yet. TOP quickly helped her carrying those stuffs, she was about to argue with him but he raised his eyebrows making his sharp eyes looked even ier. When they finally reached the practice room, she immediately called the girls to eat first before they start.

 

“Wow! I feel refreshed again” she chuckles after drinking. The girls are attacking the sandwiches while Jiyong was at the farthest corner from them. His unusually quiet that time.

 

‘Maybe because Jina’s not around’ Dara thought and continue to eat beside TOP. She’s lucky because every time YB wasn’t around, he’s always showing up. It’s like he’s her secret guardian.

 

“Do you want some?”

 

He shook his head and looked at her intently. She felt her cheeks blush because of those sharp pair of eyes staring at her.

 

“Your beanies’ not properly wear” TOP turned it on the right side and smiled at her. Even from a far, he can sense that Jiyong’s exerting a dangerous aura on him.

 


After few minutes they heard Jiyong shouted.

 

“Ya! Let’s begin”

 

He’s on the leader mode again since YG gave him the responsibility on the practice session tonight since he’s busy monitoring his ‘other’ trainees. Jiyong watched the girls intently -especially Dara. Since they’ve already performed this few times ago they are just recalling the steps.

 

“Again!” Jiyong shouted.

 

 Even the girls perfected the whole routine, he purposely looked for a slight mistake so they can repeat it again. It’s his own way to make Dara stay longer in the dance floor - away from TOP.

 

“Yo! G! The girls did well” he whispered

 

He shook his head.

 

“Not so good”

 

“And again!” he instructed.

 

 The girls are confused now on why he’s keep on repeating the song when they are sure that they perfected it. They know how perfectionist Jiyong when it comes to this but they are somehow expecting him to be a little considerate on the since they don’t have enough rest.

 

They feel exhausted now and begun to breath heavily. But Dara sweats more than them and she’s starting to lose her breath.

 

“Dara noona I can’t hear you voice! Do you still have breathing problems? How long have you been training that and still I can’t see your improving!” Jiyong looked at her disappointedly plus looking irritated now.

 

“Mianhe sunbae-nim” she bowed apologetically.

 

Dara can’t breathe exactly. She’s trying to catch her breath but it seems like Jiyong doesn’t noticed it because he’s too busy scolding her.

 

“Again! I want you to repeat it from the top. And I want you to repeat it for the last time. Please do your best. I don’t want to waste my time and energy here” he pushed the player so hard which give the girls a little fright.

 

The girls once again started. They are sweating and begun to feel heavy. It’s like they’ve worked out for the whole day. And they are even pressured upon seeing the irritated look of Jiyong who’s still watching their every move. He looked weirdly at Dara who stopped from dancing and started to fall sideways. Right from his very eyes, he saw her slowly losing consciousness and slammed her body on the floor.

 

All of them were shocked. Even him, can’t move his feet to grab her. He was dumbstruck. He felt his brain freezes. Until he saw TOP hurriedly jumped off his feet and quickly runs towards her.

 

“Noona!”

 

“Dara unnie!”

 

“Sandara!”

 

TOP quickly carried her. He saw how her lips look so dead pale. Dara even breaths a little which started to worry him. He was trying to save her from hitting the floor but he was too far to get in there. The girls are also shocked. They just heard a body slammed on the floor and they saw how Dara looked so lifeless.

 

“She’s burning! She’s burning!” TOP exclaimed

 

“Dara… Dara… wake up” Jiyong lightly tapped her face. He’s starting to panicked. He saw her having difficulty in breathing. She really looked tired. Her porcelain complexion turned to pale now which scares him to death.

 

“Dara unnie! Dara unnie!” Minzy holds her hand. It’s so cold. She looked at Bom who’s teary eyed now covering her lips to stop herself from bursting into tears.

 

“I’ll call help” CL dialed a number of her phone but her hands are trembling and shaking so hard that she can’t even pushed the right number.

 

Minutes had passed but it’s seems like forever to them.

 

They waited for their company doctor to come. All of them are worried about Dara. TOP was walking back and forth in the hallway waiting for someone who could help them. The girls are trying to call Dara’s mother to inform what happened. They even called Pres YG. Jiyong was squeezing Dara’s hand lightly. She still doesn’t open her eyes even a bit. He’s wiping her sweat on her forehead. She’s still burning. He even put on his jacket around her so she will keep warm.

 

“She’s here. Please hurry” They heard TOP running towards them.

 

Few minutes passed YG, YB and the doctor came rushing towards Dara. Jiyong didn’t leave her for a second. TOP and YB was talking to the girls trying to keep them all calm.

 

“What happened here?” YG asked him.

 

He saw how Jiyong looked so worried for her. He’s still holding her hand.

 

“She just fainted… she even slammed her body on the floor… She’s burning… we didn’t know she’s al-”

 

“Let’s move her out here. She needs oxygen. She’s not breathing properly” the doctor cuts him off.

 

He quickly carried her. He wasn’t able to come with Dara since they still have to practice so instead TOP accompanied her with YG. It’s been an hour but all of them weren’t able to recover from what happened.

 

‘Why didn’t you tell me that she’s sick?!” Why did you let her join to practice with us if you know she’s sick already?” he frustratedly asked the girls - almost shouting at them

 

For the first time he scolded them.


“Jiyong oppa… we didn’t know Dara unnie is sick… she’s really excited and happy while we’re on our way here…” Minzy lowly answered

 

“She’s even practicing Hello on the train… she didn’t even sleep even we all know that she’s tired” CL added.

 

Jiyong gasped - it was his fault. He was the one who really knows how weak her endurance is but still he pushed her too much - too much that she already suffered. He even scolded him and gave him harsh words. It was his fault. He was the one who should be blame.

 

“It’s no one’s fault” YB tapped his shoulder as soon as he saw his friends face. He knew what it means and he doesn’t want to make him feel guilty about anything that happened on her. Again a deafening silence filled the room.

 

All of them are silently praying for Dara. They really don’t know what happened to her. She surprised them. Full minutes passed. The only thing that they can hear was the sound of the engine of the vehicles outside. No one even talk. No one moves - as if all of them are stiff until his phone finally rings - it was TOP.

 

“Noona’s alright now. They have given her oxygen and medications. She even gains color again but still she doesn’t wake up. She’s sleeping now.”

 

“Nothing wrong with her hyung? She hit the floor… nothing serious?” he asked

 

“Nothing… she’s fine now”

 

They somehow felt relieved on TOP’s news.

 

“Thank you hyung… please look for her while we’re still here”

 

“I will”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of them found Dara peacefully sleeping on her bed. She’s breathing evenly now. They even found TOP sleeping while sitting beside her bed - holding her hand. Jiyong felt something inside him hurts. YB tapped his hyung’s shoulder lightly to wake him up.

 

The three of them went outside the room and waited for the girls at their living room. It was nearly midnight but it feels like it was a very long night for the rest of them. YB was massaging his temple while TOP was trying to keep his sharp eyes open. Jiyong can’t help but to glimpse every now and then at the closed door of the girls room.

 

“I think we should all rest now” YB heavily sighed.

 

“Come on Ji, the girls are tired now. Let them rest” TOP pulled him up.

 

He wanted to stay to take care of Dara but he knows he can’t. He quickly stood up but instead of heading directly to the main door, he turned back to the girl’s room. He knocked a little then slowly opened it.

 

“We’re going to leave now…” he quietly told them. Then he took his last glimpse on Dara and let out a deep sighed “Take care of her”

 

“Don’t worry Jiyong oppa…” CL weakly smiled at him.

 

The three of them fell into a deep thinking once they stepped their foot on the elevator. No one really talks, only heavy breathing and worried gasped fill the air.

 

YG wanted the unexpected incident remained private. Since 2NE1 have lots of compromises until the end of the year, he doesn’t want any news about Dara’s health be put on news. He doesn’t want her fans to get worried - and he doesn’t want to create fuss about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next day, the three girls sadly attend their dance rehearsal with YB and Jiyong. It was a very gloomy dance session since they can’t hear the high pitched laugh of Dara. They can’t feel her presence of the scattered brain girl fooling around the room. They can’t seem to concentrate on what they are doing knowing that Dara wasn’t waking up yet.

 

All of them looked so serious - except Jina who’s smiling widely. She heard what happened to the girls. And for some reason, it satisfies her to see ‘2NE1 missing one’ today. A smug smile would appear on her face every time she’ll catch Jiyong’s eyes.

 

They are starting to rehearse their song The Leaders. She’s literally jumping off her feet when he called him to tell her that he manages to change the line-up for the show.

 

She doesn’t want his fans to continue pairing him with Dara. It doesn’t pleases her that much whenever she hear or read something about the ‘two’ concluding their hidden feelings for each other which are all true - by the way. Their investigations are true - and she doesn’t want Jiyong to give them another hint about the identity of his ‘Butterfly’. Yes, she knows it. All the secret messages and codes he’s giving to his fans. Even the slightest possible shout out he’s giving, she knew it. After all, she’s a smart girl. That’s why she keeps on trying to avoid another Hello performance or even collaboration between the two.

 

“How’s Dara-ssi?” she asked Bom who was sitting next to her while watching the CL and Jiyong practice.

 

“Still not fine” Bom replied. If only she wasn’t their sunbae’s girlfriend she wouldn’t bother talking to her. From the very beginning she’s having bad vibes on this girl. She knew perfectly that behind her sweet and innocent look - she’s hiding something.

 

“Oh. You must felt terrible.”

 

“We’re worried actually, but since we know our sunbae’s are always around us we somehow feel a little relieved - especially Jiyong. He’s really worried about Dara yesterday” Bom sarcastically answered.

 

She felt Jina stiffened a little but then she gave again her sweetest smile to her.

 

“Oppa’s very kind to everyone” she chuckles. But inside she’s feeling a little irritated.

 

Bom grab this opportunity to pissed Jina since she can feel that she’s purposely trying to piss every time Dara’s with them. Her cute face suddenly turned into a clever one.

 

“Yeah, Jiyong’s really kind, especially to Ssantoki. I always remember him bring foods for her if ever he has chance… he regularly bring chocolates to her whenever they go home here after visiting Japan. Aigoo! You should have seen his face that time when he’s blushing after we all ” she cutely giggles.

 

Jina’s eyes turned into tiny slits upon hearing it but she still continues to act like she’s really enjoying what she’s hearing.

 

“And that Jiyong boy… He’s always excited watching us perform. Even his schedules are tight, he always manages to squeezed it for us” Bom continues “I’ve seen that there are similarities between her and our Ssantoki” she glanced at her.

 

“You think so?” Jina muttered

 

Bom nodded her head.

 

“Their eyes when they are both happy - it really looks the same. Even the way they smile, haven’t you noticed it?”

 

‘Of course I’ve noticed it’ Jina thought herself then shook her head.

 

“It’s strange - I mean, all of us noticed it already” Bom chuckles.

 

“Bom noona, we’re going to start now” YB called her attention.

 

“Aigoo! I’m coming” she smiled widely at him. She’s beginning to enjoy this cy-war on Jina but she have to continue practicing. “Maybe we can continue our chit-chat later” she glanced at Jina and winked at her.

 

‘Aissh..’ Jina mumbled but she manages to smile back to Bom. ‘More and more alliances’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2NE1’s APARTMENT…


The girls went home early since Jiyong wanted them to take care of the sick Dara they left at home. CL wanted to surprise their sick unnie by cooking something for her so they dropped by first at the grocery.

 

“Unnie will surely like ramen that I will be making” Minzy happily chirped

 

“Minji-ah you should baked Ssantoki another cookies”


“I’ll let you all do the cooking’s while I’ll take care of unnie” CL in.

 

It made the two chuckles since they know CL wasn’t really into household chores. But all of them were surprised as soon as they saw Dara already on her feet cooking at the kitchen facing her back on to them.

 

“Oh! Dara unnie, what are you doing? You should still be resting” CL exclaimed and quickly dragged her outside the kitchen.

 

“Kya! CL-roo I’m fine now. No more fever!” she laughs

 

The girls’ faces lighten up.

 

“Really?”

 

She nodded and smile widely at them.

 

“Oh Ssantoki I’m happy to hear that!” Bom instantly hugged her.

 

“Ah! Bomtaro, you shouldn’t come near me. You might catch fever because of me” Dara giggles “I can still see Ssantoki virus around” and even pointed something as if she really sees virus around.

 

That made them all laughed.

 

“I think you’re really alright now… you’re back being scattered brain again” Bom laughs.

 

“Right. So let me finish what I am cooking” Dara tried to squeeze herself again inside the kitchen but immediately stopped by their maknae.

 

“We’ll finish it unnie. You should still take a rest now” she dragged her frail body unnie at the couch “Stay there and don’t even move” she kissed her cheeks first before running back to the kitchen.