The Saviour

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

On one fine morning, Micha woke up from her sleep with an empty mind. She sat up on her bed and while ruffling her hair, her eyes caught a sight of the calendar placed on her study table. “I haven’t been to school for three weeks…” she crooked and trudged to the bathroom.

                In the toilet, she was brushing her teeth when a thought came through her mind. A sudden urge came to her. She stopped brushing her teeth and cleansed . “I know what I should do now…” she looked at her reflection on the mirror. Her pale face had found its colour again as her eyes shone in determination. “I’m going back to school,” she said.

                “You’re going back to school?” Jiyong said when they were having breakfast.

                “Yeah,” Micha shrugged.

                “Are you sure? You should stay home for a few more days,” Daesung said.

                “I’ll get going now,” Micha flashed a smile which didn’t reach her eyes and went out.

                CAP stood up to stop Micha but Jiyong interrupted him by saying, “Minsoo-ahh… Let her be. She needs some space, so, we’ll give it to her. Sit down and eat.” Hesitantly CAP settled back down and resumed consuming his meal. “Micha is trying hard to get a grip of reality right now. That’s why she’s going back to school. You have to understand her.”

                “Ne, hyung-nim,” the members of the clan answered.

                Zico nodded in agreement and said, “I informed P.O that she’s going to school today. So don’t worry too much guys. My gang, Block B would be following her today, you don’t have to trouble yourself too much.” Even though the two older brothers let Micha go, they could not help but feel uneasy about their decision.

                Finally, Micha and P.O were both standing right in front of Micha’s classroom. She could hear that the class was in pandemonium even without opening the doors while Micha stared at the door and sighed deeply. “You’ll be fine. Control your temper alright? Don’t kick any and don’t strangle people. Just call me and I’ll run here in seconds,” P.O said and squeezed Micha’s shoulder.

                “I’ll see you later,” Micha nodded at P.O and went into her class.

                Inside the havoc classroom, students were all over the places as they like. The CNBLUE gang were busy playing their guitar at one of the classroom while Teen Top and Beast were goofing around in the middle of the classroom. BAP who were deep in conversation about their recent fight were seated either on chairs or desks at the back of the class. Their loud voices toned down when the door of the class slide opened, revealing Micha’s face.

                “Good morning,” she said. As usual the boys ignored her presence even though their shocked looking faces were clearly seen. Micha just smiled weakly and went to her place while Zelo ran towards her. “Zelo,” Micha said.

                “Micha! Where have you been?” Zelo asked as he walked towards her and sneakily flashed a haughty smile at Doojun. ‘She came back, on your face bastard!’ He stuck out his tongue at Doojun.

                “Something came up,” Micha shrugged while putting down her bag pack.

                “I thought you had quit school because we’ve done something overboard,” Zelo pouted.

                Micha patted Zelo’s back and said, “You’ll be the first to know if I need to move out of this place, so, don’t worry about me leaving the place alright?”

                Satisfied with Micha’s reply, Zelo nodded obediently but could not help himself to notice Micha’s pale and tired looking face. Her glum attitude was especially troubling Zelo since he was used to her bright attitude. “Hey, are you okay? You look really pale,” Zelo asked as his voice sounded sincerely worried.

                “I’m fine. Just a little bit tired, that’s all,” Micha answered. To change the subject, Micha said, “So, what’s up? Have I missed anything these past weeks?”

                Eagerly Zelo started to tell all the fights and incidents which had occurred throughout her the period she had been absent from school. “Then, there’s this new teacher coming in tomorrow. She’s going to teach us History. Yeah, so that old Mrs. Oh who had taught us History can get out of this school!” Zelo said enthusiastically.

                The rest of the members watched as Zelo was talking to Micha. “Well, she’s back,” Youngjae said while playing with his Samsung tablet.

                “That’s shocking,” Himchan added in.

                Yongguk sighed and rested his chin on his palm. “Seriously, I’m curious to death. Who is she really?” Daehyun asked with his eyes fixed on Micha.

                Absent-mindedly, Jongup replied, “She’s Micha. Kwon Micha.” Daehyun glared at Jongup and smacked his head. “Ouch,” Jongup rubbed his head. “That one hurts hyung,” he whined while Daehyun just stuck out his tongue.

                Suddenly, the students started dispersing out and trudged back to their desk. When Micha looked at the front, she saw that their Mathematics teacher known as Taeyang had made his way into the class with a smile on his face. “Class, take out your books,” he said in a calm voice and none of the students did what he told. “Take it out or you won’t see the lights tomorrow,” Taeyang’s voice changed from nice to intimidating.                

                Unwillingly, the students took out their books as Taeyang smile came back on his face. “Good, now let’s get on for today alright?” he said and started to scribble out a few formulas on the board. “This formula can be used when….” Taeyang’s words went into Micha’s right ear and went out through the left ear.

                No matter how hard Micha tried to stay focus, her mind refused to listen to her as she was drowned in her own little world. She sighed and stared at Taeyang for a long time. No voices were heard except for her own voice in her mind. ‘You have to study well so that no one can take you for granted and no one will be able to deceive you,’ her mother’s words was clearly heard in her head.

                A memory when she was 13 years old came to her. Even though her parents were busy with their own work, they had always been the responsible parents. Her mother had taught her endless things such as helping her in her studies meanwhile her father was more active in helping her in correcting her fighting skills since she could walk. Micha bit her lips and shook her head, trying to get back to reality and focus on the teacher in front but another memory flashed back into her mind. Being the daughter of a mobster had never been easy for her but her family had made it possible for her to live peacefully and happily.

                The day when Jiyong had informed her about her parents’ death was suddenly haunting her making her shift in her seat restlessly. She lowered her head and closed her eyes to get herself together but the memories of her family flooded in her mind making her agitated. Her forehead creased as she bit her lips harder and tapped her feet anxiously.  

                “Ssaem,” she stood up abruptly from her seat as her sleepy looking classmates stared at her in confusion.

                “Yes Micha? Am I teaching too fast?” Taeyang asked.

                “I need to go to the restroom,” she said.

                “Go ahead,” the teacher nodded and resumed teaching.

                Micha ran out of the classroom with knitted brow and went straight to the bathroom with her fist clenched. She rested her forehead on the wall of the toilet and sighed. “Need to get a grip of myself,” she thought out loud and stood up straight. She walked up to the mirror and washed her face. “Omma and appa won’t be happy if they see me like this. So… let’s make them happy Kwon Micha!” she tried to sound optimistic but failed miserably.

                She turned around and leaned against the sink but received a shock when she saw a group of girls her age were standing in front of her. Fully aware of the bad vibes the group of girls were giving out; Micha looked at them and waved awkwardly. Micha said, “Hi?”

                The supposedly leader slapped away Micha’s waving hand. ‘What the is wrong with this ?’ Micha thought as her eyes spotted the female’s name and recognized her as Choi Yoonji. “What do you want?” Micha said trying to sound as sweet as possible and faked a smile.

                “Why is it that a wimp like you enrols in here?” Yoonji asked mockingly.

                “To study,” Micha replied back dryly.

                Yoonji and the rest of the members in her gang glared at Micha. Then, a girl by the name Ryu Minji barked, “! Who are you to talk like that to our leader?” Micha examined the atmosphere and knew that she will get into a big trouble if she starts to fight with this group of girls. So, she sighed and looked away. “Yah! Are you listening?!” Minji shouted.

                ‘Annoying, , you won’t be able to live long if you talk like this to me in the streets,’ Micha thought and wrecked her brain to search for an idea to get out of this mess. After a while of scanning the place in search for an exit, Micha decided to just make her way through the girls and pushed the door open. “Where are you going?” Yoonji pushed her to the wall outside the toilet.

                “I don’t want to fight with you. Just let me pass through and I’ll pretend this never happens,” Micha said in a very frustrated tone.

                With a growl, Yoonji tightened her fist and punched Micha in the stomach with full blast causing Micha to stagger backwards. ‘Hold on Kwon Micha. Don’t fight back. It’ll be over soon,’ Micha kept on telling herself as she received every punch that Yoonji had given. “Who do you think you are?! You don’t want to fight me?! Don’t make me laugh . You won’t even have a chance to win,” Yoonji said.

                Then, Yoonji kicked Micha as she stumbled on the floor. “If you want to stay alive, you better get out of this school. It’s my territory. Or you can join my gang,” Yoonji smirked. ‘Me? Joining your gang? How about I disband your gang?’ Micha huffed in her heart. “Why are you staring at me disrespectfully?” Yoonji screamed and slapped Micha on the face.

                At that time, Yoonji was about to punch Micha on the face again but someone came in front of Micha and received the blow. As soon as Micha looked up, her eyes bugged opened when she saw Yongguk standing protectively in front of her. “Yongguk oppa,” Yoonji’s voice turned from intimidating to sweet making Micha cringed.

                “What are you doing?” Yongguk spoke out. His low and husky tone made shivers run down her spin while his eyes penetrated through Yoonji’s eyes.

                “Usual stuff,” Yoonji said casually.

                “You’re punching someone even though they don’t do anything to you?” Yongguk asked.

                “Oppa, are you on that wimp’s side?” Yoonji looked at him wide-eyed.

                Yongguk smirked and said, “I’ve never been on your side.”

                “Op-” before Yoonji could say a word; Yongguk looked at her straight in the eyes and hissed, “Scram!” Unwillingly, the group of girls including Yoonji scattered and went away from the place leaving behind Yongguk and Micha.

                Micha who was on the floor was too stunned by Yongguk’s sudden appearance that she was only able to stare at him. “Are you okay?” Yongguk asked, hiding his worried look behind his cold looking face. He went down on one knee and asked Micha again, “Are you okay?”

                “Ye-yeah,” Micha managed to reply and sent him a quick smile. She stood up and brushed off the dust on her uniform and was about to walk away when she heard Yongguk calling her name. So, she turned around and hesitantly replied, “Y-Yes?”

                “Are you going back to class like that?” Yongguk asked in a cold tone.

                Perplex, Micha turned to look at her reflection at the nearest window. When she saw herself, she found out that she was in wreck. Her hair was sticking out of places as she had cuts on her cheeks and elbow. “I’ll manage myse-” she was saying but was interjected when Yongguk grabbed her from the wrist and started walking somewhere. “Where are we going?” she asked, alarmed.

                Without looking at Micha Yongguk replied, “Just follow me.” That was the last time he spoke throughout their journey to the unknown place he was bringing Micha.

                After walking for a while, they had finally came to a halt and Micha was standing at the rooftop with a clueless face as Yongguk had left her to take some things. “Where is he?” Micha asked and looked around. As if on cue, Yongguk came back with medicines and plasters in hand.

                “Sit,” he commanded. Unable to think the logic, Micha followed Yongguk’s instruction and sat down at the nearest bench. Her eyes dilated when she felt Yongguk coming closer to her face and she flinched as soon as she felt Yongguk dabbing some medicine on her cheeks.

                The atmosphere was immensely uncomfortable for Micha at first. She would glance back and forth between her shoes and Yongguk’s face as she tried to avoid an eye contact with him but as the time passed by the awkwardness started to soften away. A peaceful feeling suddenly crept up to Micha as she watched Yongguk treating her wounds quietly and calmly. ‘He’s quite good looking in a way… I guess,’ Micha whispered in her heart.

                After a while, Yongguk stepped away from her and stood up. Micha felt weird when her heart started to feel empty and cold. “Done,” Yongguk said snapping her out of her daydreaming activity.

                Micha stared at Yongguk as he walked away quietly. His broad shoulder was facing Micha and his figure started to get further away. “Thank you,” Micha quickly said aloud making sure Yongguk’s ear could catch her voice. Without looking back, Yongguk just stuffed his hands into his pocket and continued to walk as a smirk formed on his face when he heard Micha.

                In daze, Micha pooled on the ground beside the bench as her mind replayed Yongguk’s actions earlier. She was puzzled but thankful at the same time. ‘What the....? What just happened? He helped me? Bang Yongguk, the cold one? He helped me?’ Micha ruffled her hair in confusion. ‘Wait, is he going to blackmail me after this?’ another thought came and she stood up in realization.

                Then, she started to pace around while rubbing her chin and drowned herself in her own thoughts. ‘He doesn’t look like the type to blackmail people…’ Micha shook her head and smiled but the smile faded away when she thought, ‘Who’s that kicking me around like a ing lifeless doll just now?!

                “Don’t let me see you in the streets or I’ll cut off your hair and stuff it into your eyes!” Micha growled and punched the wall producing a little crack on it. When she realized she was in school and was undercover, Micha looked around the place nervously. “Better get back to class,” she nodded to herself and started to tie up her hair back into a proper bun.

                Throughout her way to the class, Micha’s mind kept on replaying, ‘What does he want from me? Why did he do that?’ Finally, she was standing at the entrance of the class. She stared at the door and said, “Does it look obvious that I got hit?” Micha looked at her reflection and saw that a bruise was forming on face as scratches were clearly seen. “Aish… That better watch her back at night,” she silently cursed and slide the door opened.

                With her hung head low, Micha walked into the class and her hood pulled up. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Yongguk has not entered the class just yet as she sighed in relief. The teacher at front continued on teaching, her classmates continued on sleeping, so, she quietly took a seat at her place. “Micha! What happened to your face?!” Zelo gasped.

                “,” Micha lowered her head a bit more.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong! So how do you guys think about this chapter? Micha's back! Keke^_^ like you had requested but I made it a little bit dramatic by putting in some y girls><'Leave some comments alright~