Equal Power

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

Outside the surgery room, Micha paced back and forth anxiously hoping that the surgery went well and Yongguk would walk out from the room with his usual gummy smile. “Please, save him, don’t take him away from me too,” Micha prayed as she was pooled on the floor, leaning against the wall.

                Footsteps were heard and from the sound of it, she knew who was coming. “Micha how is he?” P.O was soaked in sweat as the rest of the BAP members trailed behind him, mirroring P.O’s bewildered-looking face. Micha did not have the will to stand or talk, so, she just pointed at the entrance of the surgery room.

                “He’s going to be alright,” Daehyun bent down next to Micha.

                “I swear to god, if anything bad happens to him, I’ll kill those motherers with my own bare hands!” Micha barked and punched the floor with fume.

                Himchan rubbed his face and helplessly sat on the chair nearby while Zelo sat beside Micha on the floor along with Daehyun and P.O. Youngjae and Jongup had decided to go to Himchan’s side to comfort the older male. “Himchan oppa,” Micha looked up, “I’m sorry for not being able to take care of him.”

                Instead of throwing one of his corny jokes, Himchan replied, “You’re not the one to blame.”

                After the short conversation, everyone settled in their respective world, thinking about life. The sudden death of Daesung, Yongguk getting shot, there were blood everywhere. It made them think hard about their selves as an individual. Are they ready to give up and put their life on the line when the situation needed them to do so? Would they be following Daesung’s footstep or Yongguk’s trail in the future? The possibility to get shot was high but the possibility to be able to live peacefully was too low. “I should’ve stopped you from joining my clan,” they suddenly heard Micha said.

                Zelo who was sitting beside Daehyun looked at Micha and spoke out, “What do you mean by that?”

                “I told you that this kinds of thing would happen,” Micha took a fistful of her hair and slightly tugged it, “You can never back out from this world. Once you enter there’s no exit. You can never go out and live freely.”

                P.O sighed and slung his arm around Micha’s shoulder, “What are you trying to say baby boss?” He pushed Micha’s hand down from tugging her own hair and continued on, “Are you blaming yourself because Yongguk hyung is in there?”

                Micha kept quiet but her friends knew what she was thinking.

                “We chose this path. You didn’t force us,” Daehyun said.

                “Yes,” Himchan nodded, “Daehyun is right. We took this life with an open heart because we care for you. You were different. You care about us and that made us more than happy. If we were in Yongguk’s shoes, we would probably do the same thing he had just done.”

Then, Youngjae added, “What Yongguk hyung had done just now was his own choice and all we have to do now is to pray for him to make it out alive. I’m sure he’ll be able to survive this because he’s Bang Yongguk.”

Even though Micha was still blaming herself, she stayed silent, not wanting to argue anymore as she was losing her strength. Helplessly, she leaned against the wall, her head smacking the wall with a thump. “Do you want to go home?” P.O whispered but Micha shook her head. Before she does anything, she needs to hear that Yongguk was doing well. In other word, Micha would not budge from her position until the doctor comes out and confirms Yongguk’s condition.

***

                “Doctor,” Micha stirred in her sleep when she heard Himchan’s voice, “How is he doing?” she heard the latter bombarding the doctor with questions as she quickly rose up from her seat and went to join the others.

                The doctor took off his mask and said, “He’s doing fine now. We have taken out the bullets and it would take some time to heal. He has to rest a lot and not move too much. For now, he’s still deep asleep; I suggest that you would come back tomorrow.”

                “But, can’t we just stay by his side?” Zelo quietly asked.

                “The nurse will show you to his room,” the doctor bowed slightly before going off.

 

                They settled in the room and stared at Yongguk who was lying on the bed. Micha rubbed her face as she remembered that a month ago; she was the one lying on the bed while Yongguk would be in her current position, worried, sad and empty. “I’ll take care of him tonight,” Micha voiced out, gaze never left Yongguk.

                “But-” Zelo was about to interject but Himchan stopped him.

                Instead of defying her request, Himchan walked over to Micha and crouched a little so that he was at the same level at her then asked, “Are you sure about this? Don’t you want us to stay with you?”  Micha did not say a word and only nodded in assurance. Himchan knew Micha needed some quiet time as he sighed, “Alright, guys, let’s go. We’ll leave the two of them tonight and visit Yongguk tomorrow.”

                Although they were not on the same page as Himchan, the rest of the members of BAP just trudged behind the mother-figure of the group with head hanging low. “Micha, I can stay for a while,” P.O offered when the members of BAP had gone out.

                “No,” Micha shook her head, “I need some alone time with Yongguk oppa.”

                P.O patted Micha’s back and said before going out, “I’m just a call away.”

                All of her friends had finally vacant out of the room, leaving behind the fragile-looking Yongguk and her. A silent tear leaked from the corner of her eyes as she kept her face emotionless, only letting the single tear trail down along her cheeks. “I shouldn’t have gone out just now. You wouldn’t have been hurt,” she started to say. “I shouldn’t have accepted your love because I know it will hurt you,” she continued, “I shouldn’t have said yes when you wanted to join in my clan because you wouldn’t be lying here looking so lifeless if I were to say no.”

                “I’ve been thinking a lot oppa,” her voice trembled, “If I step out for a while, away from all of you, I can sort out all of these problems and it would be safer if I’m away from you.” Shakily, she took Yongguk’s hand as his skin felt extremely cold against hers, “You know I love you right?”

***

                The next morning Daehyun and Jongup were the first ones to arrive at the hospital. “Where’s Micha?” Jongup looked around the room as Daehyun was as curious as the lad beside him too. “Maybe she had gone out to buy breakfast or something?” Jongup suggested but Daehyun had a gut feeling.

                Daehyun grabbed a hold of his cell phone and dialled for P.O’s number to ask him to take care of the matter about Micha since he wanted to stay at the hospital to ensure that Micha had not gone anywhere. “Hyung! You’re up!” Jongup ran to Yongguk’s side.

                “Morning?” Yongguk’s groggy voice was clearly heard.

                “How are you feeling?” Jongup excitedly asked.

                “Crappy,” Yongguk winced.

                “I’ll go and call the nurse,” Jongup went out of the room.

                “Hyung, it’s good to see you,” Daehyun smiled and pumped Yongguk’s fist.

                “Glad to see you too, dude,” Yongguk replied but then looked around, “Where’s Micha?”

 

                Luggage, passport and plane ticket in hand. Micha was ready to board the plane to head off to China. There, she would be able to work without any distractions, her minds would be less clouded and the most important key was that she would be away from her loved ones. Micha felt better as she thought that since she was the target, being away from them would ensure their safety.

                Lost in her thoughts, Micha was staring in space when suddenly she heard, “Going somewhere, young lady?” Her head whipped around and saw that P.O was standing behind her with his eyebrow raised and a luggage in hand.

                “Wh-why are you here?” she shrieked.

                “I should be the one asking you that,” P.O pointed out.

                “Just let me go,” Micha glared at P.O.

                Stubbornly, P.O shook his head and replied, “You’re going nowhere without me.”

                “Pyo Jihoon!” Micha’s loudness was starting to attract attention as she covered in embarrassment and then hissed at P.O, “I’m going alone and that’s final!” She was about to walked away when she heard P.O saying the magic words which made her stop walking.

                P.O had said, “If you want to keep this a secret from the rest, you should bring me along.”

                Micha could not believe this at all. Her childhood friend, Pyo Jihoon had managed to catch on her intention. If she were to leave him behind, P.O would surely tell the others as her plans would come crashing down. “The plane leaves in an hour,” she said miserably, “We should just get going now.”

 

                At the same time, Jiyong had stepped into the hospital room which Yongguk was staying in with a smile on his face. “Buddy, you’re up,” he light-heartedly greeted Yongguk.

                Yongguk’s reply was, “It didn’t even hurt a little bit. I was just taking a nap, hyung-nim.”

                Chuckling, Jiyong jokingly stated, “A long nap, I see.”

                “Where’s Micha?” Youngjae who had came in the same time as Jiyong asked.

                “I thought she would be here,” Jiyong said with knitted brow and took out his cell phone, trying to reach for his little sister. “Maybe she went somewhere with Jiho because I didn’t see him in the morning too,” Jiyong hesitantly said while dialling for his little sister’s number.

                Jiyong tried to call Micha but she did not even answer any one of his calls. So, he decided to send her a text but the outcome was still the same, Micha was unreachable. “Why can’t I reach her?” Jiyong whispered worriedly. As he was about to give another call, his cell phone started to ring. “What’s up, kiddo?” Jiyong answered the call.

                On the other line, Zico said, “Hyung, I received an official order from Micha.” Actually, Zico was running around in the airport like a mad man searching for his little sister but she was nowhere to be found. “Hyung...” he panted hard as his world started to trail off.

                “What is it?” Jiyong questioned.

                “Equal power,” was the only thing Zico stated before the line went dead.

                Equal power, an order which would only be given out by the leaders of the clan if the leader was going far away, unwanted to be disturbed as they were on a confidential business. The leader’s authority would be split into two and be given out to the other two people under the leader temporarily until the leader comes back. The people who would usually receive the power were always the second and third person in-line to be leader. In this case, Micha had given a huge responsibility to both of her brothers while she had gone off to China to find a solution.

 

                “Do you think this is the best way?” P.O asked Micha as they had already boarded the plane.

                The plane slowly moved as Micha did not give a reply to P.O just yet. She looked ahead of her and felt the plane speeding up causing the adrenalines in her body to move along her veins rapidly. Her body felt as if it was tenuously lifted and she knew that they were already in the air, moving at a high speed, heading towards China. That moment, she craned her neck to look at P.O and voiced out, “This is the best option.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello my lovely reader^__^ As promised, I'm back for another chapter. This would be the second update for this week;) Keke~ So, I saved Yongguk! Yeah... but Micha would be going away for now.... Muahahahahahaha.... I'm evil don't ya' think so? LOL><

Actually this chapter, I thought of posting it up next week but then because I have been updating slow these days, it's a treat for you guys for waiting patiently for me^__~ Whatever it is, did you guys enjoy this chapter? Comment away and tell me what you think about it:) Stay tune for the next chappie!!! Bye~