Jeju Island

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

Youngjae stood by the railings at the school rooftop. He watched the clouds past by and sighed alone. “What’s with the long sigh?” Daehyun who was laying on the bench casually asked. “You know, if you keep that up, you’ll get a lot of wrinkles due to stress? Do you want that Youngjae? Having wrinkles before you get married?” Sometimes, Youngjae wondered how he was stuck with a friend like Daehyun.

                “I’m just thinking about the golden key and also CAP hyung-nim,” Youngjae muttered.

                “What about them?” Daehyun yawned and stretched.

                “How do we get the key? Can CAP hyung-nim really deceive Dongman?” Youngjae sighed again.

                Detecting his friend’s worries, Daehyun made his way towards Youngjae. “Micha has her plans and for now, we just have to follow it alright? You’re not the only one who’s concerned about that matter right now. I think about it day and night. How can Micha even live with these kinds of things on her shoulders?” Daehyun shook his head.

                “I was thinking the same thing,” Youngjae looked at Daehyun, “Micha is one hell of an awesome leader for being able to sleep amidst all these kinds of things.”

                Daehyun turned his back towards the scenery and narrowed his eyes at one figure sleeping on another bench near the wall. “How the hell can she sleep in these kinds of situation?” his face twisted in mix of awe and confusion as he stared at Micha who was asleep on the bench. “I salute her for being able to do that,” he chuckled.

                “Cut her some slack,” Youngjae sat down on the bench, “She needs all the rest she could get. I heard from Zelo that Micha had been losing a lot of sleep these days.” The two males kept their silence and turned to watch their female leader. It was lunch time and the two of them were assigned to watch over Micha while the rest of the members had snuck out of the school to buy pizza.

                “Oh !” Micha gasped as she abruptly woke up from her deep slumber.

                The two friends who were looking after her jumped in surprised as they stared at Micha in terror. “Is she talking in her sleep again? Yongguk hyung is not here,” Daehyun nudged Youngjae while the two of them stood a few metres away from Micha. “Yah! Kwon Micha! Are you awake?” Daehyun shouted but there was no answer coming from the female. “Aish,” Daehyun scratched his head.

                “You go and check,” Youngjae pushed Daehyun.

                “Why me?” Daehyun shrieked.

                “I don’t know!” Youngjae retorted.

                At that moment, Micha sat up straight and her eyes widened as she resembled a corpse waking up from its own death. “Micha? Are you awake? Say yes or no,” Youngjae said while he and Daehyun were at a corner, both of them huddling in fear of Micha’s actions if she were still asleep.

                “What are you doing?” Micha looked at them in confusion.

                “You’re awake?” Daehyun beamed.

                “Obviously, I am,” Micha stood up, wiping away the dust on her school uniform and bent down to take her backpack. “I forgot that I have to meet someone today. I need to go now or else I’ll be late,” she hurriedly said but Youngjae and Daehyun stood in her way, preventing the female leader to move.

                Micha grunted and asked them to move aside but none of them budge. “We love you Micha but we can’t let you go,” Youngjae shook his head, “Not without bringing one of us.”

                “Just let me go,” Micha whined, “It’s important!”

                This time it was Daehyun’s time to object, “No, you can’t go young lady. Yongguk hyung would kill us if we let you go alone without having anyone as your . We would have to listen to his long lecture and you know how his voice is so low toned that every time he wants to start his long blathering, I swear that he sounded exactly like my late grandpa.”

                At the mention of his late grandfather, Micha and Youngjae gave Daehyun a weird look. But, Youngjae shook Daehyun’s remark out of his head and refocused on the main topic. “Micha, you know it’s not safe for you to move around alone at this time. Can’t you just listen to us? If you really need to go, maybe the two of us can accompany you?”

                Sighing, Micha ruffled her hair. “Then lie to the others and say that I’m going with Dongwoo oppa and Hoya oppa.”

                “The last time you said that lie, you were stabbed by Jessica and was in a coma,” Daehyun stated dryly with his eyes squinted in a judging manner.

                “Then, tell them I went to the toilet because I got girls issues,” Micha grew frustrated.

                Youngjae waggled his index finger disapprovingly, “They wouldn’t fall for that anymore because you were at L.Joe’s ramen shop the last time you told us that lie.”

                The female leader gave up. “Fine!” she said, “Daehyun, come with me and Youngjae stays to fill in the rest of the members about this alright? I’m going to meet CAP and no one comes after me until I give you a signal. This meeting has to be low profile. Do you understand the situation clearly?”

                Daehyun and Youngjae nodded.

                “Okay then,” Micha rubbed her palms together, “Get your bags. Today is your lucky day Daehyun oppa. You can eat some cheesecakes.”

 

                By the time Yongguk had came back along with Himchan, Zelo and Jongup, Micha and Daehyun had already gone to meet CAP. “What?” Yongguk barked, “You let her go alone with Daehyun?” he was about to lose his mind. “Shin Youngjae! What did I tell you to do?”

                “Hyung,” Youngjae whimpered, “She said it was important that she meet CAP hyung-nim. I don’t know what’s going on but she said something about having to go to the place without attracting attentions, so, she can’t afford to bring a lot of people with her. We managed to convince her to bring Daehyun.”

                Yongguk sat down on the floor, rubbing his face. One second, he could feel Micha safely tucked beside him and then another second, his heart would be set on an accelerating mode knowing that she was on another dangerous mission again. “Dude,” Himchan grabbed his shoulder, “Micha needs to do her thing. Like you said the other day, we have to trust her.”

                “I’m sure she’s doing fine, hyung,” Zelo comforted the older male.

                “She cheated death a lot of times hyung,” Jongup shrugged, “I think, she would be fine in this one too.”

                The leader of BAP could not say anything. He just shook his head and pray for Micha and Daehyun’s safety.

 

                At a café, 20 minutes away from the school they were attending, Micha and Daehyun sat at a table that was shunned away from the crowd in the shop. “When is CAP hyung-nim coming?” Daehyun whispered while reaching out for the fork to start digging in the cheesecake he had just bought.

                “Truthfully, I don’t know,” Micha sipped her iced Mocha.

                “Why can’t you be more specific with the time,” Daehyun whined.

                “Stop whining and just eat the damn cake,” Micha glared at the male.

                “Hey Micha,” Daehyun called out.

                “What?”

                “Is everything going to be okay?” Daehyun’s voice turned low as Micha could feel the anxiety lingering in his tone, “We’re going to catch Dongman in the end right? He won’t bug you anymore and everything is going to be just fine. That’s the plan. Is it?”

                His sudden change of tone attracted Micha’s attention and her heart softened at the sight of the nervous looking Daehyun. She reached out to pat his shoulder while stating, “Oppa, don’t worry. I’m going to settle this problem soon and we’ll live without having to look over our shoulders anymore. I promise you that,” she smiled.

                For a moment, Daehyun stayed silent. He stabbed the cheesecake and without looking up, he muttered, “That’s not my point Micha.” He put down the fork and stared at Micha straight in the eye, “The members of BAP were discussing about this a few days ago,” he wetted his dried lips, “You’re not going to just go away and sacrifice yourself if the situation goes bad right?”

                His question struck Micha in the heart. “You’re worried about me?”

                Daehyun gave her a frustrated look, “Of course we are.”

                “That’s nice to hear,” Micha beamed.

                “Again, that’s not my po-” Daehyun was about to argue but the jingling of the bell of the door stopped his speech. Someone had entered the café and Daehyun knew it was- CAP. He watched as the superior member of the clan strutted down the place and sat at the table beside his and Micha’s table.

                CAP and Micha had their backs against each other as Daehyun watched the two in nervousness. “Jeju Island,” CAP said all of the sudden. Micha did not panic instead, she picked up her coffee and took a sip. “Ask Jessica Jung and protect her,” he continued on while Micha looked at Daehyun and smiled.

                “What?” Daehyun was confused by Micha’s sudden smile, “Am I supposed to play along?”

                “Yes you ,” Micha hissed.

                With that, Daehyun’s lips broke into the fakest smile he could manage, receiving a small kick beneath the table from Micha. “I’m trying,” he rubbed his ankle, “Geez, sorry for not smiling back.” He kept quiet again when he saw CAP stood up from his seat and head out of the café. “What?” Daehyun seemed flustered, “Is that all? We waited here for half an hour to only talk to him for 30 seconds?”

                “A meaningful 30 seconds,” Micha retorted but her eyes trailed after CAP’s movement. “Stay safe, oppa,” she whispered alone.

                “What did you say?” Daehyun’s voice broke the silence.

                Micha groaned, “Call Himchan oppa or Yongguk oppa. Tell them to ask Jessica the connections Dongman has with Jeju Island. Once they’re done, we’re going to meet up here.”

                “I’ll do that if you treat me another slice of cheesecake,” Daehyun pleaded.

                “Call them and you’ll get the cakes,” Micha rolled her eyes.

 

                Zelo checked the text message he had received from Micha twice. His repeatedly read the address of the café but they still failed to reach the destination. “Hyung,” Jongup called out for Yongguk, “Maybe we were supposed to follow the other road.”

                “No,” Himchan shook his head, “I think it’s somewhere there. The café is quite isolated,” he pointed at a pathway adjacent to a huge building which probably would lead them to a smaller building hidden behind it.

                “Worth a shot,” Yongguk muttered and led the way.

                Turns out, Himchan was right. A small café lay hidden behind the huge building as a smile started to reappear on his face. He quickened his pace and head straight towards the main entrance. “There they are,” Youngjae pointed at two figures that resembled Micha and Daehyun once they entered the café.

                “Hey guys!” Daehyun waved. “Over here.”

                “We can see you retard,” Himchan stopped Daehyun’s excessive waves.

                “Hey,” Micha said when she saw Yongguk as their hands intertwined.

                “Hey,” Yongguk grinned and kissed her on the forehead before taking a seat on her right.

                Zelo who was sitting on Micha’s left could not restrain his eagerness and said, “What did CAP hyung-nim said? Did he tell you something important? Are we going on another mission?” The young male was too ecstatic as he was practically sitting at the edge of his seat while bombarding Micha with questions.

                “Wow, Junhong,” Himchan punched Zelo’s shoulder playfully, “Calm down.”

                Micha giggled at Zelo. “Did you ask Jessica about the Jeju Island?”

                Youngjae was the one to reply, “Yes, I did. She knew that Dongman would go to Jeju Island every 2 weeks but doesn’t know why. He never told her why. He disappears for 3 days every 2 weeks.”

                “Maybe that place is his escape gateway,” Jongup gave his opinion, “I like to walk around when my mind is just too messed up. Since Dongman is richer than me, he can just hop on a freaking jet and fly to Jeju Island to walk around at his private beach or something.” Once he stopped talking, he realized that s including Micha were staring at him. Jongup said in perplexity, “What?”

                “Jongup’s Wi-Fi is on,” Daehyun teased. 

                “Very funny,” Jongup’s small eyes were further squinted to show Daehyun that the joke was no that funny to him.

                “Can I have the password to access it?” Zelo went along with Daehyun’s joke as the two of them started to grow giddy, laughing at each other’s face happily.

                “Guys, tone it down,” Yongguk cleared his throat while Daehyun and Zelo giggled silently.

                In the midst of teasing Jongup, Youngjae had taken out his laptop and was typing out a few things on it. His fingers were endlessly punching on the keyboards as his eyebrows were crushed together. “What did you get, Youngjae?” Himchan leaned in to peek at the screen of Youngjae’s laptop.

                The 7 friends huddled up together to get a view of the screen as Youngjae stayed silent in the middle, concentrating on his work. “Dongman has a hotel in Jeju Island called ‘Petals’. It’s not directly connected to Lions Corporation and according to this documents, he uses his own fund to support this hotel.”

                “How the hell did you get all this?” Yongguk asked.

                “We hacked into their system the other day remember?” Youngjae answered with a smirk.

                “Technically, it was me who made it possible for you to hack into the system,” Daehyun stated proudly receiving a small slap on the head from Yongguk. “What the-” he rubbed the sore spot where Yongguk had hit him, “Hyung!” he shouted, “That hurts.”

                With crossed arms, Jongup voiced out, “Daehyun hyung, you may be fast and agile, but it’s a shame that your mouth works exactly like that too. You talk too much sometimes,” he jokingly patted Daehyun on the shoulder, acting as if he had delivered bad news to Daehyun.

                Jongup and Daehyun looked at each other. Jongup had on a victory smile while Daehyun was feeling irritated. Before they could burst into another argument, Yongguk pulled the two apart and then turned to Micha to ask, “So, what do we do now?” Micha who was ruminating at the side rubbed her chin, trying to sort things in her mind.

                “Jeju Island,” she spoke alone. In the background, Himchan and Zelo had already gone to the counter to place their orders while Daehyun and Jongup continued with their staring battle. Youngjae and Yongguk were busy on the laptop, debating about the facts they had discovered. “Jeju Island,” Micha reiterated, her forehead creased and her brain was still spinning trying to put the pieces of puzzles together.

                She shook her head and stared ahead. “Was Dongman born in Jeju Island?”

                Micha’s question was answered right away by Youngjae, “No. He doesn’t have any relatives there too. Actually, aside from that hotel, he has nothing there.”

                “Maybe the hotel holds a deeper meaning?” Yongguk shrugged, unsure about the situation too.

                “There’s only one way to find out about that place,” Micha’s previous tensed body had relaxed. A plan had come to her.

                Zelo seemed excited to see Micha’s body language. He knew that Micha was coming up with something, so, he asked, “Are we going on a mission again soon?”

                The female leader turned to him and ruffled his hair, “Pack your bags Zelo,” she grinned, “We’re going to Jeju Island.”

                “Yeah!” Zelo danced, “Jeju Island!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

*Clears throat* Hello:) I'm back with another update for this week. Last week, I told you guys that I would try to update twice right? *cries* I didn't manage to do itT^T I'm sorry but I hope you guys would enjoy this new update. Comment below and tell me what you think about this chapter.

I was aiming it to be just a light chapter after all those blood-filled chapter. Putting Daehyun and his bias, Mr. Cheesecake can take us away from the harsh stuff that's going to happen. And then there's Youngjae whom Micha could trust to be the only sane member of the group:) Hehe... Well almost sane;D 

Until the next update which I hope would be soon, good-byes!!!