It's Just Me

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

Rustlings sounds were made each time Jongup moved. He was well-hidden behind some bushes along with Daehyun, Zelo, Himchan and Youngjae as they had their attention only on one figure ahead of them. “Press it,” he heard himself whispered but the figure in front stood like a statue in front of the door, only staring at the door bell. Jongup tried to move to the right tenuously since he felt suffocated but was only met with Youngjae’s shoulder.

            “Stop moving,” Youngjae hissed at Jongup.

            “The leaf is poking me,” Jongup whined.

            “Endure it a little,” Himchan said in an irritated sound, “A twig is poking my right now, so, be grateful!”

            Meanwhile, Micha was standing in front of Yongguk and Himchan’s house. She stared at the doorbell, then at the door but finally her body cringed in nervousness as she turned to look at her friends who were hiding behind the bushes. “I can’t do this , man,” she whispered and stomped her feet a little, not wanting to create any noise.

            “Just press it,” Daehyun’s Busan accent came out, “Faster.”

            “Can’t we do this tomorrow?” Micha asked, her hands rubbing the side of her skirt, wanting to dry her sweaty palms. “My brain feels like it had flipped out on a wrong way and my heart is thumping like… ! I can’t do this,” she started to flap her hands around, slowly losing her sanity as minutes passed by.

            Zelo nudged Daehyun in the ribs and mouthed, “Micha’s going to go crazy.”

            “I can see that,” Daehyun narrowed his eyes at Zelo and then went back to talking to Micha, “Just press the bell. We’ll stay here until you go in, so, you better press the damn bell Micha.” With burning eyes, Micha produced a small growl from the back of , looking straight at Daehyun. “Hey, hey, Micha, focus now, you can’t transform into some wild beast right now,” Daehyun stated in a hushed tone. “Focus Micha! I’m not the enemy. The enemy is the damn bell, so, press it!”

            “Don’t treat me like some dog!” she hissed at Daehyun.

            When Micha was about to walk away, Himchan sprung out of the bushes and made her stop in her tracks. “You have to do this, Micha,” Himchan said while looking her in the eyes, “Yongguk didn’t say anything but he misses you like crazy. I know it because he hasn’t been smiling like he used to when you were around, he doesn’t talk, he doesn’t do anything! He’s like a ghost.”

            Without saying a word, Micha her heels and head back to the front door while Himchan jumped back into the bushes excitedly. “Is she going in?” Youngjae asked Himchan who started to nod in an inhuman way.

            Her sweaty hands rose in the air as her index finger came closer towards the bell. All she had to at that time was give an extra force on it and everything would be done. “I need to do this,” she whispered alone and closed her eyes. However, when she had her eyes closed, she could feel someone pushing her finger to ring the door bell. “Jun-” she was about to scold Zelo for forcing her into ringing the door bell but her tongue went cold since she heard a deep muffling voice from inside the house-Yongguk.

            “Himchan, don’t be an and open the door using your own key,” Micha heard Yongguk said from inside the house. Her eyes bulged out while staring at her friends in the bushes but they just signalled her to ring the door bell again- and she did as told.

            Heavy steps approached the front door as Micha started to recede slowly as she blenched at the sound of the clacking door. Yongguk flung the door open and was about to start his long blathering meant for Himchan but was astounded when he was met with his girlfriend. “Micha?” he swallowed in his gasped and hid his astonishment well, leaving his tone to sound cold and uninviting.

            Instantly, Micha’s lips dried as all the things she wanted to say to Yongguk fade away the moment she caught his tone. To her, it was back to square one since his voice reminded of her the first time she met Yongguk- cold and uncaring. “I’m-I’m,” Micha silently cursed herself for stuttering and looked up to meet Yongguk’s gaze.

            “Do you want to come in?” Yongguk asked, emotionless.

            “Sure,” Micha sighed and trudged into the house as the two of them head straight to the living room.

 

            Unable to detect Micha’s thoughts, Yongguk stared at girlfriend- long and hard. He noticed that Micha seemed to have lost a few pounds as her cheeks seemed to sunken deep into her skull and black circles were starting to form under her eyes. Her previous glimmering fair skin had turned pale making her look unhealthy and Yongguk could not help but lower his head helplessly. Why could not he protect her? Why must she suffer this much?

            Her tired looking eyes were set on the empty bowl of porridge Yongguk had finished. “Are you here to say goodbye?” Yongguk muttered in a low tone, his heart felt heavy all of a sudden and a lump was starting to form at the back of his throat. He shifted in his seat but cannot seem to make himself feel comfortable.

            Yongguk’s abrupt question of whether she was there to say goodbye had caught her breathless. Micha’s neck turned sharply towards Yongguk as she said, “Is that what you want? I know you must be mad at me for leaving you when you were shot, so, if you want to break up, I-,” Micha could not finish her sentence. She sank lower in the sofa and slowly sank her teeth into her lower lips.

            “You’re not here to say goodbye?” Yongguk’s face brightened.

            Micha shook her head.

            “Then, you’re back for good?” Yongguk asked more as he was sitting at the edge of the seat.

            “Yes,” Micha croaked, “I’m sorry for leaving you when you needed me the most.”

            Finally at ease, Yongguk inched closer towards Micha, took her hand and stated, “It’s okay, Micha. I’m okay, I understand.”

            “What?” Micha pulled her hands away from Yongguk, “What did you say?”

            “I said its fine. I understand,” Yongguk reiterated, sensing Micha’s mood change, “Calm down.”

            This had made an inactive volcano within Micha to erupt as she roughly rubbed her temples and glared at Yongguk. “You said it’s fine?” she hissed, perplexing Yongguk with her sudden change of voice. “How the is everything is fine? Is it because I’m the leader and you would always obey me, scared that I would be mad at you? Scared that I would punish you?” she came closer to Yongguk and barked, “Scared that I would kill you?”

            “What?” Yongguk creased his forehead, “No Micha, you got it all wrong!”

            “Tell me where I went wrong!” she stated angrily.

            Micha was mad-really mad. She thought that the killing which she had done yesterday did not affect her at all but in reality, Micha’s soul was deeply disturbed by it. She was losing her sense and nothing seemed to be normal to her. Her mood swings were terrible and worst of all, she felt as if she was losing the clan’s principle. All she ever wanted to do was to tear the place apart, shout her hearts out and cry without caring about the world.

            When the world started to turn blurry for her, Yongguk caught her wrist and cradled her into a warm hug. “Kwon Micha,” his words were soothing and confident, “I don’t know what happened but I’m here alright? Just don’t forget that you can always cry in front of me. Because, it’s just me Micha, it’s just me.”  

            His words strike through Micha in the core, the tears which she had piled up all this time were thumping against her tear duct, wanting to escape. Micha buried her face in Yongguk’s neck and one tear leaked from the corner of her eyes. “I killed people,” she sobbed. “I killed them,” she kept on repeating while Yongguk patted her back.

            Tears were already rolling down her cheeks continuously by the time they broke their embrace. Micha wiped her tears away with the back of her palm and sobbed. “Who did you kill?” Yongguk carefully asked, making sure that he was lowering his head at the same level as Micha to comfort her. “Tell me what happened, slowly,” he encouraged.

            Just as Yongguk told her to, Micha started to tell him the whole story. From the start when she had landed at China until the end where she had killed the 6 leaders. Calmly, Yongguk heard Micha’s story, nodding at suitable statements. “Micha, why did you kill them?” he asked when Micha had wrapped up her story.

            “They were responsible of killing my parents and also the cause of Daesung’s death. They killed a lot of my members, harassed Himchan and Zelo,” Micha frantically stated but in the end, she whispered, “They almost killed you oppa, they shot you,” while looking at Yongguk.

            Exhaling noisily, Yongguk slung his hand around Micha’s shoulders and pulled her close. “I love you,” he said. One tear leaked from the corner of her eyes as she buried her face in his chest. “Sometimes, I forget that you’re still a young leader,” Yongguk stated, “These kinds of experience will strengthen you. It would make you better leader in the future. A leader who knows what is wrong and what is right. You are learning little by little.”

            “What if I never learn?” Micha mumble miserably.

            “I’ll make sure that you’ll learn,” Yongguk smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

            As the couple were smiling at each other, they could hear thunderous footsteps coming their way. Even though they were expecting for the rest of the BAP members to rush in, Micha could not help herself but to flinch in surprise when she heard the door flung opened. “You guys made up already?” Himchan strolled in and plopped on the sofa across the couple.

            “I thought you guys were going to go away when I come in,” Micha raised her right brow.

            “We lied,” Jongup cheerfully stated.

            Micha giggled, “You sound so proud about it.”

            “Maybe I am,” Jongup gave the largest smile he could manage.

            “What are you going to do now, Micha?” Daehyun suddenly in the conversation.

            They fell into a deep silence for a few seconds before Micha rubbed her hands together to say, “Are you guys free tonight? Would you like to have dinner over at my house?”

            “Sure,” Yongguk nodded.

            “Settle then,” Micha stood up, “I’ll see you at 7.”

            Micha was going to walk away but Youngjae stopped her and stated, “You didn’t answer the question. What are you going to do now?” Micha stared at him and he continued, “We want to know what your next action is in order to help you.”

            “Okay,” Micha turned around to look at the members of BAP, “Tonight, I will discuss about my next action. For now, I need to head back to the headquarters to meet some people. Make sure you come on time alright?”

            Each member nodded in enthusiasm but Yongguk was the only who stood up. “Should I walk you home?” he asked. Micha just smiled and held out her hand as a signal that she wanted him to be by her side.

            “Those lovebirds,” Zelo shook his head.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hello my lovely readers^_^ I thought I couldn't post up a new chapter today but turns out, I can! So.... How do you find this chapter? Boring? Fun? Cute? Sweet? Comments are always welcome and thank you for staying by my side throughout these whole time. The next chapter would be longer since I find this chapter very short and I apologize for that. I thought if I added the next scene it would become toooo long so I'm just gonna stop here for now! Peace out and enjoy!