Make Peace?

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

The clear blue sky was a sign of that it was going to be a nice day with the white fluffy clouds marching proudly across it but instead of playing around with his classmates, Yongguk was at the rooftop alone. He had decided to skip class for the day even before the school started since he had claimed that he needed some peace and quiet for him to be able to sleep but the reality was far from that.

Truth was; he needed the calm atmosphere to sort through his messed up mind.  It had been almost 5 days since he saw Micha and it got him more than worried. Even though Micha had texted him informing that she would go on a stakeout and would not be at her house, Yongguk was still concerned. Not only that, he was on the verge of stepping into the state where his body, mind and soul were separated into different path.

                “Wait, why am I like this?” Yongguk stopped his thoughts and ruffled his hair.

                Suddenly, memories from the other night where the two of them at the beach came to mind and slowly, a smile crept to his face. He recalled the calming sounds of the waves and the warm feeling he felt when his hand were in Micha’s hand but then, Micha’s tears intruded his sweet memory as he clenched his heart. “Why does it hurt to see her tears?” Yongguk questioned himself and shook his head.

                “Do I like her? Am I in love with her?” he asked more but again he shook his head in denial.

                “No, no. It’s not like that. It’s just my mind and my hormone coordinating together to ruin my friendship with Micha and make things worse,” Yongguk answered his own question and nodded in satisfaction.

                On the other hand, it was Micha’s first day back to school after getting suspended for a week. She had decided to keep her comeback as a secret from BAP to surprise them but it turned out to be a bad choice since P.O and the other members of ‘Geomyasaeng’ clan were sprawled in the living room at the mansion due to lack of sleep. As a result, Micha had to walk to school alone. She was fine walking on her own at first while listening to music but as she was about to reach school, Micha found herself surrounded by 6 men.

                “What do you want?” she sounded bored and plugged out her earphone.

                “We heard that if we bring the heads of one of the siblings that might be leader of the ‘Geomyasaeng’ clan, we can get a lot of money,” said one of them while Micha just stared at him in frustration.

                “Can’t you guys try to assassinate me on another day?” Micha stated.

                There was no reply from them as they lunged forward, targeting to kill Micha as soon as they could. Effortlessly, Micha ducked down and avoided their punched as she took the opportunity by knocking them onto the ground by kicking their legs simultaneously. “You !” one of them roared, angering Micha.

                She caught the man who had called her as a ‘’ by the throat and kicked him in the gut. “Don’t you dare call me names or else, I won’t let you leave alive,” Micha barked at the 6 of them, eyes ablaze with fire.

                Instead of giving up, one of the men ran towards Micha again, wanting to take her life away in one-shot but Micha could not just stand still and watched that happen, so, she put down her schoolbag and unleashed her beastly side. The two men who were approaching her were punched on the face at the same time as they flew a few metres away from the scene meanwhile the other 3 of them were either kicked on the head or had received a punch in the gut.

                Then, one man crept up behind Micha and managed to punch her on the face but he could not celebrate his victory for long since Micha had sent a flying kick, targeting only his face. Soon, Micha had finally made all of them sprawled on the ground as they were beaten terribly. Micha slung her backpack and resumed her journey to school leaving behind the 6 men with bruised face and bleeding wounds. “So much of an awesome day,” Micha huffed and wiped away the dirt on her shirt.

                When she did arrive at school, Micha head straight to the rooftop. The fight which had occurred earlier had caused her mood to slip away. She trudged towards the rooftop with a heavy heart and breathed out loud as soon as she arrived. “Is that you, Micha?” a familiar voice was heard while Micha’s heartbeat accelerated immediately.

                “Yongguk oppa?” she called out.

                Yongguk’s eyes widened as soon as he spotted Micha’s state. She had a cut on her lips, blood was dripping from the corner of and there were a few scratches on her elbow. “What happened?” he gasped and guided Micha to the bench, hurriedly. “Who did this to you?” Yongguk looked angry.

                “I’m fine,” Micha said.

                “Stay here,” Yongguk instructed and left her at the rooftop for a while.

                Micha watched Yongguk went away with a sigh. How can she ever survive in this school without Yongguk? She started to wander alone while staring at the two birds soaring up in the clear blue sky. “How does it feels to be able to fly up there?” she whispered the question knowing that there would be no reply.

                “You want to fly?” Yongguk’s voice was heard as he had come back with first-aid kit.

                “I wish I can,” Micha nodded.

                “What happened to you actually?” Yongguk asked while taking out a bottle of medicine with a few cotton buds and plasters. “Did you get into a fight on your way here?” he asked further and Micha nodded as a reply.

                “I was walking to school alone today when suddenly those people came to me. They wanted me dead and that annoyed me to death,” Micha grunted when Yongguk dabbed some medicine on her elbow. “Can’t they just leave me alone for one second?” she started to whine like a 7 years old child.

                Worriedly, Yongguk opened a few plasters and put it on Micha’s elbow as he said, “It’s dangerous Micha. Don’t talk as if this is a small deal or something. They wanted to kill you. Why didn’t you call me or something? Why are you walking to school alone?”

                “P.O is at home. We’ve been out on a stakeout for almost 5 days, so, everyone is asleep at home. I didn’t have the heart to wake them up because they looked exhausted,” Micha stuck out her bottom lips. “I didn’t call you because I wanted to surprise you about my comeback,” she confessed with her head lowered.

                After hearing Micha’s confession, Yongguk chuckled and ruffled her hair. “Well, I’m surprised by your comeback but it would’ve been nicer if you were free from wounds,” Yongguk joked while Micha’s face turned to different shades of red. Then, Yongguk suddenly placed two of his fingers under Micha’s chin and tilted her head up, so, that their eyes were on the same level.

                Slowly, Yongguk’s face came closer and closer to Micha as her eyes widened in surprise. What was he trying to do? Kiss her? At that time, Yongguk was only a few inches away from Micha as they could feel each other’s breathe on their lips. “Stay still,” Yongguk’s commanding voice echoed through her ears but instead of leaning in to kiss her, Yongguk started to dab some medicine on the cut that was on her lower lip making Micha’s shoulder wilt.

                “Next time, call me if you’ve no one to walk with you,” Yongguk reminded her.

                However, Micha’s body had stiffened again when Yongguk suddenly blew on the cut on Micha’s lip to dry the medicine in order to put on a plaster. Her breathe hitched while she felt as if her heart was thumping in her ears, blocking all the noises around her. Yongguk had finally finished attending the wound on Micha’s lips but then his eyes caught her gaze.

                Warm, lovable but mysterious, those were the few characteristics they found in each other. No matter how cold Yongguk could be, but Micha had found out that he was far away from what he appeared. Do not judge the book by its cover. That was the first phrase that had crossed through Micha’s mind the moment she met Yongguk. “Micha! Yeah! Micha’s back!” Zelo’s shrieks interrupted their moment as they awkwardly looked away from each other.

                “What happened to you?!” Daehyun looked at Micha.

                “Were you attacked?” Himchan started to inspect on Micha’s wounds.

                “Why didn’t you tell us you’re coming back?” Jongup pouted.

                “I’m fine,” Micha muttered.

                Youngjae realized that Micha and Yongguk were not looking at each other and it seemed as if the atmosphere was quite awkward. The huge gap that Yongguk and Micha had invented between them had made Youngjae’s brow raised in puzzlement. “Did we interrupt you guys or something?” Youngjae smirked.

                “No,” Micha and Yongguk said in unison.

***

                Exam was just right around the corner. Micha had asked Youngjae to join her to study at the library during the free periods while the rest of BAP members were in class playing some games. After an hour of doing mathematics, Youngjae stretched his stiff muscles and stood up. “I’ll go buy some drinks. What do you want?” he asked.

                “Orange juice would be nice,” Micha smiled.

                “Alright,” Youngjae nodded and continued, “I’ll be back in 15 minutes.”

                “Wait, are you going to buy from outside?” Micha questioned.

                “Obviously,” Youngjae snickered while Micha just shook her head and watched him go.

                When Youngjae was out of her sight, Micha buried her head in her books and started to study again. She fully concentrated on the problem and was determined to complete in 5 minutes but her focus was interrupted as soon as she felt a presence. Without looking up from her book, Micha joked, “Why are you back so early? Did you get caught or something?” but there was no response from the other person whom she assumed to be Youngjae.

                Finally, she looked up. Instantly, her smile disappeared and her face turned sour after recognizing the person standing in front of her. “What do you want?” she retorted and stared at Yoonji. “You want me to punch you again and report it to one of teachers so that I could get suspended, again!” she purposely put pressure on the word, ‘again’.

                Instead of going angry, Yoonji frowned and said, “I just wanted to say sorry. I thought you were one of those people who like to trash us and treat ill of us. I’m really sorry, I really am,” she lowered her head and continued, “It’s okay if you refuse to forgive me but I want to start fresh. I want us to be friends.”

                Micha was totally taken aback by Yoonji’s sudden apologies. Her face softened tenuously as she kept her silence not knowing how to react. “Maybe this is too sudden but I’m being sincere. You can think about this. I’ll give you all the time you need but I really am sorry about what I’ve done to you,” Yoonji appeared sincere as Micha was puzzled.

                Then, Yoonji pushed a bottle of juice towards Micha while saying, “Please accept this as a truce from my gang and I. I hope to hear good news from you soon.” She bowed at Micha for the last time and went away leaving a blank-looking Micha.

                “That went crazy?” Micha scratched her head.

                “I saw Yoonji just now; did she do anything to you?” Youngjae raced to Micha’s side.

                “She gave me this,” Micha showed the bottle of juice, “And she apologized.”

                “She apologized?!” Youngjae’s eyes widened in surprised.

                “Yes,” Micha stared at the bottle of juice that she had just received.

                Perplex, both Micha and Youngjae continued back with their studies even though their mind wandered about Yoonji’s sudden apologies. Half an hour passed and Youngjae was getting sleepier, “Micha, let’s go back to class and end this for today. We’ll study again tomorrow,” he yawned. Micha nodded and told him to go back to class first since she wanted to borrow some books from the library.

                She stuffed in her textbooks and the book which she had borrowed earlier into her backpack while the bottle of juice Yoonji had given to her was in her hand. As she slung her backpack, she stared at the bottle and sighed. “Maybe she’s being sincere and I’m just being paranoid,” Micha muttered and took a sip of the juice. “Nice,” she nodded approvingly and went out of the library and took another big gulp of the juice.

                Her vision started to turn blurry and her legs started to turn jelly when she was only a block away from her class. Micha massaged her temple, trying to gather herself together as she tried to regain her balance. She felt dizzy but giddy at the same time and would let out a bubble of giggle from time to time. “Lalala,” she started to sing in a slurry voice. One step away from her classroom, Micha fell flat on the floor while she slurred, “Well, that hurts.” She laughed and stood up wobbly.

                “Hello! I’m back,” she said and burst into the classroom while twirling around.   

                “Someone’s happy,” Yonghwa from CNBLUE smirked and none of her classmates took notice of Micha’s behaviour just yet.

                “Of course I’m happy,” she grinned with her droopy eyes.

                Micha tried to stagger to her seat and ended up tripping on her own shoes but luckily, Daehyun managed to catch her from falling on the floor again. “Yo, you drunk or something?” he joked and balanced Micha on her feet but she just slung her arms around Daehyun’s shoulder with a goofy smile.

                “Silly, Daehyun oppa, I don’t drink,” Micha giggled.

                “Are you seriously okay?” Jongup asked.

                “I’m fine,” she flapped her hand around and floundered back to her seat.

                Zelo stared at her in confusion while Youngjae stated, “What happened to her? She was fine when she was with me just now.” Yongguk exchanged a worried looks with Himchan as they automatically stood up from their seat to look at Micha.

                “She looks like she’s high on something,” Himchan announced.

                “What?” Yongguk tried to look at Micha after Himchan had inspected her.

                The students started to gather around Micha. L.joe started to check her and called out, “Yah, Chunji, look through her bag. I’m positive that she’s high on drugs. You can trust me on this.” Quickly, Chunji started to rummage through Micha’s schoolbag and found nothing but books and a bottle of juice which Yoonji had given to her.

                Chunji opened the bottle and smelled it as he took a sip of it. “Wow, that’s strong.”

                “What is it?” Yongguk asked.

                “I can tell that this person who did this was an amateur. They had put a strong kind of drugs inside this bottle of juice. My nose caught the smell instantly,” as soon as Chunji informed that Micha had been drugged, all of her classmates gasped in union. “If she had taken more than a gulp, she could have died due to overdose,” Chunji added.

                “Wait, that bottle of juice, she told me that Yoonji gave her to start things fresh between them,” Youngjae pointed at the bottle.

                “That drugged Micha?” Himchan barked.

                Yongguk lifted Micha from her seat as Zelo had arranged a few tables together to let Micha lie on it for a while. “She needs to drink a lot of water. Jongup and Daehyun go buy some mineral bottles, Youngjae and Zelo, you have to go and inform P.O about this. Go, now,” Yongguk instructed while Himchan took his backpack and put it under Micha’s head as a pillow.

                Himchan and Yongguk stood by Micha’s side as Himchan asked, “What should we do about Yoonji then?”

                “For now, we do nothing. We’ll have to wait for Micha,” Yongguk said with his forehead creased and his gaze settled on Micha’s face. “We’ll stay by her side and wait for her to wake up,” he muttered more.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I'm back again with another chapter for this story>< Keke~ Comment, comment. What do you guys think about this chapter? Yeah, Micha got drugged^^ I got this idea when I was like showering and while washing my hair, the soap went into my eyes;P It hurts but I got the idea! So yeye! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!