Familiar Faces

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

Micha ran back home without stopping to catch a breathe and when her feet stepped into the compound of her mansion, she had no choice but to stop running due to the insufficient of oxygen in her lungs. As soon as she was breathing at a normal rate, Micha used her last ounce of energy by blasting into the mansion in search for her members and brothers.

                        “Guys,” she gasped when she saw them in the living room. All of them were seated on the couches as they had wounds and scratches bleeding all over their bodies. “Look at you… You’re bleeding,” Micha said worriedly. Even though it was not something unusual for the members to have wounds, Micha was extra careful that particular day because of Jessica’s sudden appearance.

                        With a shocked expression, TOP said, “Why are you here?”

                        “I have to since I feel restless staying in school knowing that you guys would be injured,” Micha replied while she took out the first-aid kit from one of the drawers nearby. “Where are Jiyong oppa and Zico oppa? Are they okay? Were they injured too?” she started to bombarded the boys with questions.

                        “Easy tiger, we’re here,” Jiyong appeared from the kitchen followed by Zico.

                        At the sight of her two older brothers, Micha dropped her first-aid kit and went straight to hug the two of them. “I’m glad you’re fine,” she said while Jiyong and Zico looked at each other with a confused look. Then, she broke the tight embrace and started to treat their wounds. She sighed in relief as her mind was at ease for a moment.

                        After grabbing a hold of the first-aid kit which she had dropped earlier, she went to Joon first since he was the nearest. While dabbing some medicine on Joon’s cheek, Joon remarked, “Thanks babe.” Micha just scowled at him playfully and purposely put extra pressure on his wound. “OW!” Joon cried.

                        “Good for you,” Micha smirked.

                        “Don’t let me kiss you. I’ll leave you screaming too,” Joon winked.

                        While Micha was playing around with Joon, the other members including her two older brothers could sense that something wrong was going on with their leader. They watched each and every of her moves as they tried hard to read her expression but it was pointless. They failed at reading her mind. “Are you alright?” CAP asked as soon as Micha turned to him to treat his wound.

                        “Why are you asking me that?” Micha laughed nervously.

                        “Come on. What’s going on?” P.O joined in the conversation.

                        “Jessicaisbackandiinghateherforcomingback,” Micha mumbled.

                        “What?” Gikwang leaned in to hear what Micha was muttering about.

                        “Huh? Oh, it’s nothing,” Micha swatted Gikwang away.

                        Hoya tugged Micha’s sleeve to attract her attention and he said, “Micha-ahh, was your cover blown at school or something? Why are you keeping secrets from us?”

                        That instant, Micha stopped treating Dongwoo’s wound and lowered her head as she slowly took a seat on the couch beside Dongwoo. “Who attacked you guys? How did this happen? I want a report now,” Micha asked in a serious leader-like voice trying to change the subject.

                        TOP looked at Jiyong for a while and then replied Micha’s question by saying, “We saw the leader and it matched the description of the man responsible in the murder you had witnessed a few months ago.”

                        Micha nodded and spoke, “So, the ‘Apocalypse’ clan had attacked you.”

                        “But I saw another leader from another clan,” Zico stated.

                        “How can that be?” Daesung rubbed his chin.

                        Then, Hoya limped towards the window as if he was checking for any signs of enemies at the mansion and when he was satisfied, he turned around while saying, “I’ve analysed the scene from the higher ground just now. I could see that there were at least 3 clans at one place but they weren’t fighting each other, they were targeting only us.”

                        “At least 3 clans?” Daesung looked stunned.

                        “I can say that it was exactly 5 since I was at the other end of the road and I saw another 2 clan fleeing out of the place,” CAP added in some more information.

                        “They’re targeting us?” Micha asked more to herself.

                        The atmosphere suddenly turned quiet as they were immersed in their own thoughts. Micha’s mind was saturated with different kinds of possible scenarios of the future of her clan making her close her eyes in distressed. “I need to tell you something,” Micha voiced out of the blue. Without waiting for her member’s reaction, she blurted out, “Jessica is my History teacher at school. She came to school today.”

                        Jiyong massaged his temple and said in a low voice, “Is that why you look so distracted?” Micha just shrugged as a reply and fixed her gaze on her shoelaces. “You should’ve told us earlier,” the older brother said more.

Jiyong’s POV

                        “You should’ve told us earlier,” I heard myself spoke but when I looked at my younger sister, I regretted for saying so. She looked as if she had gone through hell today. It must have been tough for her to see Jessica again and she must be in a lot of shock.

                        The memories of the past came back to me in seconds. Images of Soohyun lying on the streets with unfocused eyes were vivid in my mind. How could he betray me? Years past by but I could not seem to register the fact that he had turned his back towards me. How could he? All I did was send him to the rehabilitation centre to cure him. I accepted him. I ing accepted him.
                       

                        Everything was my fault. If only I shut one eye and let Soohyun continue on living on the streets, Micha would not have the need to go through all this. I kept on repeating that I regret helping Soohyun but deep down, I knew I would do the same thing if I was given the choice. I would help Soohyun again. I will. How could I not?

                        “Oppa,” I snapped out of my trance when I heard Micha called me.

                        “Yeah?” I tried to smile but failed.

                        “She’s going to kill you. She said she’s going to kill you just like how I did to her brother. I know I shouldn’t be like this but I’m seriously scared,” I saw Micha’s lips trembled while she said those words. “I don’t want to lose any of my family anymore,” my younger sister stared at me with glossy eyes.

                        At that moment, I could not come up with a suitable answer and just hugged her for comfort. I tried my best to channel all the warmth that was left inside me to Micha and felt relief as I felt her calming down a little bit. “We’ll be fine. I promise,” I cupped her face and gave an assurance gaze as she nodded back.

                        I watched Micha trudged back to sit beside Zico. Suddenly, with eyes which seemed like it had burning flame in it, she said, “We’re going to double up our patrol hour and I’ll be joining the patrol too. We’re going all out for the whole week and we’ll go on a hardcore stakeout too. We need to find these people who are trying to mess with our clan. They have to be buried alive!”

                        Micha’s aura was surrounding her. I could see it. I could see her determination and hell yeah I’m in! Whatever she’s doing, I’m in. Those people who are messing with us, you’re dead. “Jiyong oppa, can you ring the people at Japan and ask for a report,” she asked me and I nodded optimistically as an answer.

                        “Daesung oppa, you can send the message to all the members to triple up their shift when patrolling their areas. P.O oppa has to check the background of those students at our school. Do a background check for those suspicious students. TOP oppa, inform the headquarters that I’ll be holding an urgent meeting. I want to make sure that they know whose in-charge now,” Micha started giving out orders like a true leader making me proud.

                        Now, all that is left to do is to hunt those enemies and make sure they are out of our life.

 

Normal POV

                        Micha her dry lips and collapsed on the couch after giving out the orders. TOP, P.O, Daesung, Zico and Jiyong had gone out to contribute their parts while the others stay at the mansion with Micha. As Micha was looking around the living room aimlessly, she saw Gikwang, Dongwoo and Joon had on a solemn face and their shoulders slumped. “What’s wrong?” Micha asked in a soft voice.

                        “I have a bad feeling all of the sudden,” Dongwoo scrunched his nose.

                        Joon and Gikwang nodded in agreement as Joon stated, “Micha, while patrolling tonight, make sure you are in our range of sight alright? If you’re not, we’ll send out the whole clan to search for you.”

                        “Yeah, I have a bad feeling too,” Gikwang crossed his arms.

                        CAP who was had just taken a sit at Micha’s side grew quiet as his expression screamed that he was very worried. When she saw that her members were looking depressed, Micha had no idea on how to fix the situation but suddenly Hoya stood up and clapped his hand to attract some attention.

                        “Come on, don’t look so depressed alright? We’ve a lot of work to do. Gikwang hyung, you have to fill our stomach before we start patrolling right? Joon hyung, Dongwoo hyung, you have to prepare the equipments for tonight. Now, CAP, we have got to start strategizing. The clan’s safety is our responsibility. Come on! Work, work!” Hoya said while dragging the members out of the living room.

                        Instantly, Micha shot Hoya a grateful as he replied her with a wink. 

 

                        Every single person in the mansion was busy as they were required to finish their works before the clock struck 8 p.m. None of them joked around as they were in their own spaces doing different things. Time goes by and the sky darkened gradually. As they had planned earlier, Micha and her members had gone out of the mansion that night to go on a patrol. Wearing all-black attire so that it would be easier to camouflage in the night-time, they walked down around the area in group.

                        As if they were going on a normal walk with a group of friends, the members of Geomyasaeng clan patrol their area leisurely. “Guys, do you see anything suspicious? If you do, just say the code,” Micha reminded her members.

                        “Nothing yet boss,” Zico shook his head while Joon was busy waving at some girls who were passing by them. “Hyung! Volume down the hormone will you?” Zico scolded Joon and shook his head in disbelief.

                        “I will, I will,” Joon waved at another girl making Dongwoo smacked his head.

                        “Joon will always be Joon,” Jiyong said.

                        “Of course I’ll be Joon. Who else would I be?” Joon looked puzzled.

                        “A raging hormone retard,” Micha smirked while the other members chuckled at Joon.

 

                        On the same night, BAP was walking around the neighbourhood after hanging out at Yongguk’s place for over 2 hours. Daehyun was his lollipop happily beside Zelo when his eyes espied a gang wearing all-black attire walking about a few metres away from them. “Wow,” Jongup looked at the gang in-black in awe.

                        “They look cool,” Zelo voiced out while the ice-cream Yongguk had bought.

                        Yongguk in contrast had caught an interesting sight. Among the group of men, he spotted a girl but her face could not be seen clearly because it was too dark. At first, Yongguk was not able to distinguish the group of people in-black but when the girl was laughing at her friend, he noticed that there was a female among the men.

                        “Eh? Can you see that? It’s a girl,” Himchan pointed while the other members nodded. 

                        “Kim.Him.Chan,” Yongguk said through gritted teeth.

                        “What?” Himchan sounded annoyed.

                        “Stop pointing or else they’ll think we’re picking a fight with them,” the leader scolded.

                        “Oops… I forgot. Sorry!” Himchan smiled innocently.

 

                        The members of ‘Geomyasaeng’ clan continued on with their walk while they had a nice chat among each other. Abruptly, Micha came to a halt causing the other members to look at her quizzically. “We have to split so that we can cover the area more efficiently,” Micha instructed. 

                        “What? No!” P.O pouted.

                        “Are you disobeying me?” Micha stared at her best friend.

                        “Your choice, Micha,” Gikwang shrugged.

                        “Alright, CAP, Hoya and Dongwoo would be in my team. The others can split up into another 2 groups. I’ll cover east and west. Zico oppa’s team cover north and south. Jiyong oppa’s team will cover the higher ground,” Micha instructed as the higher ground meant that the team would have to watch the area from the roof.

Micha’s POV

                        After giving out a brief instruction to the members, we split up. I was walking in between Hoya and CAP while Dongwoo was walking ahead of me. I was fully alert and was more than ready to catch any human being that seems to be suspicious from my point of view. If I ever grab a hold of even one men lurking around me, I will make sure to ask him the reason for being a nuisance to my clan.

                        If he doesn’t cooperate, I will torture him myself. I don’t give a about mercy right now. All I care about is the safety of my clan which is my only family now and forever. I need to know why they had killed my parents and why on earth are gangs from all over the place join forces to attack my clan.

                        To ensure that I no one escapes from my sight; I strained my eyes and looked at every inch of the place. With full of attentiveness, Hoya, CAP, Dongwoo and I continued on our journey. As I was imagining the type of tortures to give to the person whom I will catch soon, I saw a group of boys walking a few metres away from me.

                        “Yah! Give me back my phone!” one of them shouted.

                        “No!” the other friend replied and stuck out his tongue.

                        Very childish I shall say but they strangely reminded me of my classmates because of their behaviour but there would be no way those boys were from my school. Right? Suddenly, I felt uneasy as my walking pace slowed down. “What’s up?” Hoya asked me but I silenced him by putting up my hand.

                        “Hyung!” one of the boys said in a sulky tone.

                        Weird. This is too weird. His shrieks and shouts sounded too familiar. The dark night did not help me in any way since it was too hard for me to focus on the faces of those boys. If only they would walk a few more metres to the street lamp, I will surely be able to see their faces. “Come on, move to the light,” I whispered to myself.

                        “Micha, what’s wrong? Do we need to call back-up?” CAP asked worriedly but at that time I can no longer focus on his question. That was because the group of boys had finally stood under the street lamp allowing their faces to be seen clearly. Once I saw the faces, I could feel as if colour had left my face.

                Just a few steps away; BAP was crossing the road and was coming towards my way. !

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back! Hihi... So, how was this chappie? Did you guys like it? I hope you do because I got this idea while I was crossing the road>< Lol... Tune in for the next chapter... Comments are love!!!!