Mastermind

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

Yongguk was trudging out of the school with his hands jammed into his pocket. He roamed around the streets while breathing in the fresh air. Without even having to fully focus his mind on the route, his feet somehow found its way to the hospital as the warm and fuzzy feeling started to surround him. “I’m here, Micha,” Yongguk announced as soon as he step into the room.

Instead of Gikwang, Joon or any of Micha’s older brothers, TOP was sitting by Micha’s side, talking to her in his deep voice. He sounded happy, talking about a kitten he had found in front of the house but he was interrupted when Yongguk’s voice was suddenly heard. Quickly, TOP’s face turned back to his serious facial expression as he said, “You’re here already.”

“Yes, hyung-nim,” Yongguk bowed.

“It’s good that you’re here,” TOP patted It’s good that you’re here,” TOP patted Yongguk’s shoulder and continued, “I received a call minutes ago and I need to leave soon.” Yongguk nodded in understanding and smiled as TOP could see the pain in his eyes. “She’ll wake up soon, I’m sure,” TOP added and walked off to the toilet before going out.

After watching TOP disappearing into the toilet, Yongguk walked towards Micha and sat the chair with his chin resting on Micha’s hand. “Hey, I’m here,” he took Micha’s hand and continued, “You must’ve been bored without me right?” Yongguk smiled gently but it slowly faded away from his face when a realization hit him.

Maybe Micha would not wake up and leave him like this. Yongguk shook his head in denial and said, “You’ll wake up soon right?” As usual, there was no answer as the male leaned backwards against the chair, thoughts coming in and out of his mind. She will wake up soon, he told himself but to his dismay, he could not believe his own words. Yongguk had been telling himself for the past two weeks the same thing over and over again but Micha was still lying on the bed with her eyes tightly shut, showing no sign that she would wake up ever again.

It was as if Micha’s soul had left her for a long time and now, only her lifeless body was set before him. Yongguk examined Micha’s pale looking face, the stitch she had on her left eye brow, the bandage that was surrounding her body. His heart sank immediately at Micha’s poor state as he bit his inner cheeks. “She’s still in there. Micha is still there,” Himchan’s voice was heard suddenly, making Yongguk turned around to look at his friend who was standing beside him.

“I know she’s there but does she know that I’m waiting for her?” Yongguk whispered.

“Of course she knows, Micha’s fighting for her life right now, so, we have to give her all the support she needs. Right now, we can’t lose hope Yongguk, we need to hold on to her hand tightly, make sure she doesn’t give up and come back to us,” Himchan sat at the edge of the bed, looking straight into Yongguk’s eyes.

Most of the time, Himchan would be caught fooling around with the younger members, fighting with them as his attitude had never matched his actual age but at that moment, Yongguk was not facing the childish Himchan but he was looking at a more mature side of Himchan. He was grateful to his faithful friend for being there with him and just nodded as a reply. “Of course I believe she’ll come back to us,” Yongguk stated.

“Good,” Himchan clasped his hand together.

“Where are the others?” Yongguk looked around the room, no trace of the other members.

“I sent them home,” Himchan answered dryly. “They protested but I used my power and shut them up,” he proudly told Yongguk with his chest raised up high.

Rolling his eyes, Yongguk turned back his focus on Micha. He caressed her hair and said, “I’ll be staying here tonight. Maybe you should stay over at Micha’s house since you’ll be alone at our house.”

Himchan shrugged, “I’m big enough to take care of myself.”

“But you got your kicked a few weeks ago,” Yongguk eyed Himchan.

“Don’t remind me about such humiliating thing,” Himchan waved his hand to prevent Yongguk from talking about the incident where he and Zelo were attacked. “Besides, I was protecting Zelo, that was why I was beaten up pretty badly,” he said to cover up the humiliation.

Yongguk chuckled, “Whatever you say, dude. You still got your kicked,” he grinned.

“Yah,” Himchan’s voice went higher.

That was when it happened, Yongguk was still laughing while waggling his brow at Himchan mockingly- Micha’s hand moved. His breathe hitched as their laughing died down instantly. Yongguk turned to look at Micha and this time it was real. It was not one of his imaginations any longer; Micha’s finger was actually twitching, giving a response to his touch. “Micha?” Yongguk looked at her with his eyes widened. “Yah, yah, Himchan go and call the doctor,” he ushered his friend and turn to look at his girlfriend. “Micha, wake up, it’s me,” he said.

Micha’s forehead started to crease; her eyes were fluttering as her breathing started to sound more alive. Her body ache all over and her stiffened muscles felt as if they were going to tear apart, Micha incoherently whispered some words under her breathe. “Micha, open your eyes,” she suddenly heard the familiar voice.

The low, husky voice which she could never forget, soothing her uneasiness and finally Micha’s eyes which were stubbornly shut for a couple weeks had opened. Micha winced at the sudden burst of light as she scrutinised her surrounding with her forehead creased. A face towered over her while saying, “It’s me, Micha. Can you recognize me?”

  “Op-pa? Yong-guk op-pa?” Micha croaked.

Relieve washed over Yongguk’s uneasy heart the moment he heard Micha called his name. No one would have understood this feeling of happiness that was building within him as he planted a kiss on Micha’s forehead. “Yes, it’s Yongguk oppa,” his voice trembled and while holding tight on Micha’s hand, he hollered, “We need a doctor in here!”

Then, he turned back to Micha to say, “Everything would be alright, I’m here.”

 

Yongguk quietly watched the doctor and the two nurses checking Micha’s condition as he was tapping his foot impatiently. When he saw the doctor nodding at Micha after asking her some questions, Yongguk went over to him, hoping to hear some good news. “How is she?” he asked.

“She’s stable for now,” the doctor smiled, “But… we can’t let our guards down. She needs to stay here for a few more days to ensure that she’s healthy enough to walk around,” he said more and then went out along with the nurses, leaving behind Yongguk and Micha.

“Oppa,” Micha called out for Yongguk.

As if he was under a spell, Yongguk walked over to Micha with a huge smile plastered on his face. “You’re awake, I knew you won’t leave me,” Yongguk caressed Micha’s cheek and continued on, “You scared the s out of me do you know that Kwon Micha?”

Micha replied weakly, “It’s not that easy to kill me.”

Instead of replying with words, Yongguk leaned into Micha and planted a long, hard kiss, a kiss which was full of longing, contentment and relieve. “I love you,” Micha whispered as soon as they broke off the kiss with their faces only an inch away from each other. “I love you,” Micha reiterated, wanting to express her feelings as much as she could.

Delighted, Yongguk grinned and hugged Micha, “I love you too.”

Bang! The sound of the door banging opened was clearly heard. “Micha! Micha! Micha!” the members of BAP came running into the room, surrounding Micha’s bed, eyes focused entirely and solely on the female before them. “You’re awake,” Zelo excitedly clapped his hands and hugged Micha.

In a weak voice, Micha stated, “Of course I’ll wake up.”

“We know you would, kiddo,” Daehyun squeezed Micha’s hand.

“Where are my brothers?” Micha suddenly asked.

“I called them and they’re on their way,” Himchan informed her.

Micha sank into her pillow and sighed. She could feel her whole body aching, but she ignored it and was grateful that she was able to talk to her friends again. Soon, her eyes were getting droopy as she felt her eyelids getting heavier. “I’m sleepy,” she mumbled.

“Sleep, we’ll wait for you here,” Yongguk looked at her lovingly.

“Don’t go anywhere,” Micha whispered.

“We won’t,” Youngjae winked.

***

“Micha! We’re back!” Zelo ran into the room while Micha was reading a book.

“Hey,” Micha waved.

“Hey,” Yongguk kissed Micha on the forehead as she patted his cheek lovingly.

Himchan and Youngjae sat on the edge of the bed while staring at the couple. “God, just get off each other,” Himchan huffed with full of jealously while Youngjae slung his arm over Himchan’s shoulder and chuckled.

“Let the love birds do what they want,” Daehyun said as he entered the room.

“Thank you,” Micha grinned at Daehyun. “How was school today?” she asked as soon as they settled down, Daehyun sitting at her right with Zelo while Yongguk was sitting on her left, munching on an apple and Jongup at the end of the bed along with Himchan and Youngjae. “Did that unknown jerk mess with you guys again?” she asked more, referring to Daehan.

At the mention of Daehan, the members of BAP looked away in annoyance as Yongguk took a large bite of the apple he was eating. “He’s being an and I don’t ing know why,” Jongup growled. “Can’t he just leave us alone?” the male frustratingly stated.

Micha listened to their complaints about the new mysterious student who had just transferred into her school and it had been 3 days since they started to complain about the male making her wonder whether he was really that bad. “Why is he suddenly in our school anyway?” she muttered and leaned her back into the pillow as her head rested on Yongguk’s shoulder which was her ultimate solace.

“I heard he was kicked out of his old school,” Zelo chipped in the conversation.

“Really?” Youngjae questioned.

“Yeah,” Yongguk nodded, “I heard from Chunji the other day about that bastard. It turns out he got kicked out of the previous school for beating a teacher,” he added in before saying more to himself, “I think the teacher is still in the hospital.”

The boys started talking and arguing about Daehan’s background.

On the other hand, Micha had completely shut down her hearing sense. Her friends’ voices were just a murmur at the back of her head as she was ruminating. Her mind was suddenly back to the night where she was tortured by Jessica in the warehouse and Jessica had claimed that she saw a video showing Micha shooting her little brother on the head. How did she get her hands on the tape? Why was the tape only playing the part where she had killed off Soohyun and not the part where Soohyun was pointing the gun at Zico? Why?

“Hello!” Youngjae waved his hand in front of Micha’s face.

Instantly, Micha was back to reality, staring into the eyes of her friends who were looking at her with worried expression. “Sorry, I kind of spaced out al little bit just now,” she laughed in embarrassment and rubbed the back of her neck.

“What’s wrong?” Yongguk asked her.

“Nothing,” she shook her head in reply.

“Tell us,” Zelo urged.

After a long sigh, Micha fiddled around with her fingers and thought of how to start the conversation but failed in the end as the words were stuck at the back of . “What’s bothering you?” Himchan said.

There was a long pause.

No one moved or said anything.

Only a few beeps produced by the machine could be heard.

The boys patiently waited for Micha and she was only able to stare at them, long and hard.

Finally, seconds that felt more like hours passed by. Micha breathed in a large sum of air and opened to say, “I was thinking about the night when I was in the warehouse,” but there was no reply from any of them and she assumed that they were comfortable enough to talk about it. Therefore, she continued on to say, “Did you hear anything from TOP oppa? He visited few hours ago but refused to talk about anything related to Jessica.”

“Why are you asking, so suddenly?” Himchan was the first to speak up.

“Jessica said something that night and it had been bothering me,” Micha frowned.

“What did she say?” Yongguk’s brows were knitted together.

“She said that she saw a video of me, shooting her brother,” Micha stated rather bluntly.

“Was that all?” Daehyun said.

“Why was the tape in her hand? She thinks that I’m the killer, so, she must’ve saw the part where I shot Soohyun and the part where Soohyun was pointing the gun at Zico must’ve been erased,” Micha rubbed her chin, still thinking about the issue.

The others just looked away from her. Not wanting to make any eye-contact since TOP had told them to keep quiet about the information he had told them a few days ago when Micha was still the coma. However, Micha caught the peculiar atmosphere and said, “Tell me now. I’m the head of the clan, so, it’s best if you tell me now.”

Youngjae looked at Yongguk and signalled the older male to do something. Yongguk’s shoulder slumped as he stated, “TOP hyung-nim found a piece of information from one of his friends who were working with Jessica. It turns out that Jessica had received a tape containing the scene where you had shot Soohyun but the part where Soohyun was pointing the gun at Zico was deleted.”

“What? That means someone had purposely sent the tape to her?” Micha was bewildered.

“Yes,” Himchan nodded.

“Did TOP said about the person who had sent those tapes to Jessica?” Micha asked more.

“No he didn’t know who had sent it,” Youngjae shook his head and continued, “For now, he’s wondering why those people would work under Jessica when she doesn’t even have that much money.”

At that moment, a realization came to her as she stopped tapping her finger on her cheek. With a blank face, she said, “Someone is using Jessica to get me?” Again, the surrounding turned quiet, each of them deep in their world, thinking of all the possible identities who would want to hurt Micha.

Micha sighed.

This was not some mere revenge. Jessica was not her worst enemy. The huge problem now has nothing to do about the past any longer. It was about the future. The motive was still blurry as the identity of the mastermind has still not yet to know but it certainly was something bigger and more serious than anyone had ever expected.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello to you guys^____^ I apologize for the late updateT.T I was shoooo busy. I thought I could at least update once more last week but I had no free time at all and I couldn't focus on writing. Was this chapter too boring? If you think it is, sorry and I'll try to make it more interesting in the next one.

Comments are greatly appreciated! So, give 'em to me... Muahahaha... Hihi... Hope this chapter was enjoyable to read^__~ Bye-bye!