A Little Gift

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

“Let me get this straight, “ Jiyong said as he was sitting in his office room and across him sat his two siblings, Micha and Zico. “You want to go to Jeju Island and go undercover hoping to know what kinds of secrets Dongman had kept there?” his right eyebrow shot up.

                Micha nodded and blinked innocently.

                “This is just too risky,” Zico objected, “What if this is a trap or something?”

                “It’s not,” Micha turned towards Zico.

                “How can you be so sure?” Jiyong uncrossed his legs to lean forward.

                Not knowing how to answer, Micha sank in her seat and frowned. The reality was cold. “I’m not sure,” she said, “But my gut says that the hotel has a meaning behind it. We need to dig it out and it could probably be Dongman’s biggest weakness.”

                The two older brothers were in hesitant. Both of them looking at each other with doubts in their eyes as they mentally debated. “Who’s going with you? Don’t tell me you’re going there alone with BAP,” Zico stated.

                “Hoya oppa and I had it all planned out. Yongguk and I would go together as a couple, we would be going on a morning flight. Zelo, Daehyun, Joon and TOP would go on the same flight as me. In the afternoon, Hoya, Youngjae, Himchan and Jongup would hop on another flight to Jeju Island. Both teams would meet up somewhere in Jeju Island. I won’t be doing this alone. It would be a team work,” Micha laid out the plan hoping to get her older brothers’ consent.

                Zico rubbed his face and sighed. “Can’t you just use our private jet?”

                Micha creased her forehead in objection, “That would only announce my arrival at that place. I don’t want to attract any attention.”

                “At least let us follow you,” Zico whined.

                “You can’t,” Micha shook her head, “Our clan need the two of you when I’m gone on this mission. I would officially put up the ‘Equal Power’ order so that the whole clan would know the situation. But, my whereabouts should be kept a secret,” she intertwined her fingers and smiled.

                After a whole 10 minutes of silence, Jiyong stood up from his seat and went to sit at the edge of his table, in front of Micha. “Alright, go ahead and do this,” Jiyong put up his hand to stop Zico’s protest and then continued on, “But you would have to call us every day so that we would know your condition. I don’t want you sending reports to me, I just want to hear your voice and make sure you’re okay.”

                Ecstatic, Micha jumped on Jiyong and hugged the older brother, squeezing the life out of him. “I promise you that I’ll call every day,” she beamed, hugging Jiyong tighter while the brother could not help but hug the sister back.

                “You forgot about me,” Zico stated sulkily but held his arms opened in which Micha ran into and hugged him tightly.

                They settled back into their seats and this time, Micha had on her serious face. “Jiyong oppa,” she called out for her brother, attracting his attention by the sudden seriousness in her tone, “We have to talk about Jessica Jung. You can’t avoid this topic forever.”

                “What about her?” Jiyong’s voice was sour.

                “She did all those bad things thinking that I had killed her brother purposely,” Micha stated, “You have to go and have a talk with her. Convince her to go out of Korea for now since it’s too dangerous for her stay here any longer. We’ll give her everything she needs including bodyguards if she’s scared of living alone,” she continued, “Oppa,” she was almost begging, “Have some sympathy on her will you?”

                “Hyung, I think Micha’s right on this one,” Zico nodded, “I would’ve probably do what Jessica did if one of my siblings was killed too.”

                “Then, you go and talk to her,” Jiyong muttered.

                “I can’t,” Micha replied, “You were the one who saved her brother when he was on the street.”

                “And he betrayed me in the end and went back to drugs,” Jiyong snarled.

                “But you tried saving him again didn’t you?” Zico’s question struck Jiyong.

                The oldest of the bunch stayed quiet and stood by the window, looking out at the scenery outside. Micha craned her neck to the right and signalled Zico to continue on persuading Jiyong to do the right thing. “Come on hyung. You promised Jessica that you would protect, Soohyun right?”

                “But I failed to protect him,” Jiyong sighed.

                “Right now, it’s your chance to live up to your promise. You may not be able to save the little brother but you can make the right choice by protecting Jessica right? She would listen to you, hyung since she trust you the most. If Micha or I were to go to her, we would only remind her about the painful fact that Micha had killed her little brother,” Zico tried his best to convince Jiyong.

                There was a long silence. Only the sound of the clock ticking could be heard as Micha and Zico bit their inner cheeks anxiety, waiting for Jiyong’s final decision. However, after 15 minutes of ponderings, Jiyong turned away from the window and went back to his seat across the two of his siblings. “I’ve thought about it,” his voice became hoarse due to the long time of staying silent.

                “And?” Micha grew agitated.

                “I’ll meet her tomorrow after sending you off to the airport,” Jiyong’s final answer brought happiness to the other siblings as they cheered.

                “Now, I can go and pack my stuff!” Micha brightly stated and ran out of the office room.

 

                The next morning, just as planned, Micha arrived at the airport at 10 o’clock. What puzzled her was that there was no trace of Yongguk, Zelo or even Daehyun. She looked around the place and mumbled out of frustration and then stared at her watch feeling irritated. “Where are they?” she whispered but then TOP appeared with coffee in his hand.

                “Joon called me and said that he’s on his way to pick up the boys,” TOP informed.

                “You told me that half an hour ago,” Micha glared at TOP.

                “That was the last time Joon had called me,” TOP shrugged.

                “Do you think something happened to them on their way here?” Micha turned panicky all of a sudden.

                TOP shook his head and stated, “No, I’m sure they’re just stuck in a bad traffic. They’ll be here soon,” he patted Micha’s back and right on cue, he caught the sight of Yongguk running towards their direction with Daehyun, Zelo and Joon trailing behind him. “Speak of the devil,” Micha heard TOP whispered and took a sip of his own coffee.

                “Well, you are early,” Micha made a sarcastic remark.

                Yongguk chuckled and kissed her temple. “Sorry we’re late. Traffic was heavy and then Daehyun and Junhong were hungry. I had to feed them first before they start whining,” the leader sighed. Micha shot playful death glares at the two culprits and then she felt Yongguk tugging her hand.

                She looked at her lover and smiled, “Let’s move it guys.”

               

                The 6 of them were fortunate enough to board the plane, 10 minutes before the entrance was closed. Their wild running paid off as they held onto their tickets and searched for their own seat. “Hyung, I’m stuck with you,” Zelo smiled at Daehyun who just grunted in frustration. From the corner of his eyes, he could see TOP settling down at a seat in the front row on the right side while Joon was at another side.

                “Oh, this is our seat,” Zelo heard Micha’s voice and soon enough, he saw Micha and Yongguk making their way towards their seat which was right in front of his seat.

                Micha took a deep breath and exhaled it out feeling relieved. She adjusted her beanie and then turned to look at Yongguk when she heard her name was called. “What should we look out for when we get there?” Yongguk asked.

                “Everything,” the female shrugged, “We are really desperate now. Even the tiniest thing should be taken care of.” Yongguk nodded and drowned himself in quietness. A lot of thoughts were running through his mind at that moment but none of them were spoken out as he bit his inner cheeks in unease. Should I or should I not? Yongguk pondered alone. His forehead continued creasing while he was debating about whether he should follow the plan he had in store for Micha later on. Maybe it would be too sudden, he sighed.

                Yongguk’s small sigh had caught Micha’s attention. She reached out her hand towards Yongguk’s face and started smoothing his crinkled forehead using her fingers. That had caught the boyfriend’s attention. “Oppa, don’t think too much alright? We’ll figure things out when we get there,” she tried to comfort Yongguk, oblivious at the fact that he was nervous about an entirely different thing.

                Nevertheless, Yongguk gave her a nod and flashed a smile, revealing his gum- the gummy smile made its appearance again. Before he could say a word, Daehyun’s voice emerged in between the crack of their seats, the younger male stated mockingly, “Hey, no flirting while we’re on missions.”

                Micha laughed and rested her head on her boyfriend’s shoulder while Yongguk grunted, “Shut up Jung Daehyun.”

 

                “Why do you want to see me?” Jessica stared at Jiyong who seated across her as they were both having a meal together at a fancy restaurant. Earlier, Jessica had received an unexpected call from Jiyong asking whether she had time to meet up. “Jiyong-shii,” she stated impatiently and the male held up his hand, signalling that he would explain soon.

                Jiyong wetted his dry lips and was about to start talking when he suddenly stop. No, I shouldn’t be too straightforward. Or should I just be honest? He had his forehead creased, thinking of a way to deliver his message without hurting or even offending Jessica. “Do you remember the day when you told me to take care of your little brother?” he started off slowly.

                “Yes,” Jessica nodded, her jaw clenched.

                “I made a promise to him on that very same day too,” Jiyong said and then looked at Jessica to see her reaction.

                “What promise?” Jessica seemed perplexed by the new information.

                A small smile grew across his face as his next words had made a tear rolled down her cheeks, “I promised him that I would take care of you too. He told me that you may look tough and aggressive but he said that you’re actually very fragile. That’s why he made me promise that I would take care of your well-being when something bad happens to him.”

                Jessica lowered her head and a few sobs escaped. Her shoulders shook while she cried and Jiyong watched her in guilt. “I know I was not able to take care of Soohyun like you told me. Therefore, I’m here to say that I sincerely am sorry and I regret immensely for not being able to be there when Soohyun needed me the most,” he said.

                “I know you tried,” Jessica sniffled, “You don’t have to apologize.”

                Later on, the male became quiet again and Jessica spotted the silence. So, she asked, “Why exactly did you call for me?”

                Anxiety hits him hard on the head and he shuffled in his seat. He looked ahead, straight into Jessica’s eyes, desperately wanting to convey the real messages. “I may not be able to fulfil the promise to protect your brother but let me fulfil the promise I had made to him.”

                “What do you mean by that?”

                “I don’t want you to feel as if we’re chasing you out but we have to send you out of Korea. It’s a huge risk for you to continue on to stay here. Dongman knows that you had betrayed him and will never let you go because of that. Let us help you Jessica. You can choose whichever country you would like to live in. We will arrange the place, bodyguards and even a job there. Name me a place and you’ll be staying there in a safe environment,” Jiyong offered.

                Dumbfounded, Jessica could not seem to think straight. “What about my mom? She’s still in the hospital. I can le-” her words were cut off by Jiyong.

                He said, “Your mother would be treated at the best hospital at whichever country you decide to settle in.” Jiyong saw the look in Jessica’s eyes and sighed, “Jessica, this is your chance to start a new life. We’ll help you in every possible way and make you stay out of this case so that you can live a normal life.”

                All of a sudden, Jessica stood up. The sound of the leg of the chair scraping on the floor resonated through the room as Jiyong thought she was going to walk away. However, she did the opposite. Jessica had gone to Jiyong and hugged him as she showered him with her gratitude. “It’s the least I could do,” he patted the female’s head and let her cry in his arm. His mouth twitched into a smile as he felt the rocks weighing on his shoulder had been lifted off.   


Author's note:

*Gives the biggest bow I could do*

Sorry for this late update. I had to plan out the things which are happening in Jeju-Island so that everything would run smoothly. This chapter is more of a filler kinda thing and also like a wrap for Jessica since we have to give the girl some symphaty. The next update would be soon cuz I think I now know how the flow of the story would be like but if I do get stuck again, I hope you guys would be understanding... *bows again*

Thanks for reading this story up till this chapter. I've planned the ending nicely;D So please be patient:D Leave some comments. I would love to hear your thoughts about the story;D