Confession and the Call

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

It was 3 o’clock in the morning; Himchan was dozing off at the table in the kitchen and this was all because of one person, he was none other than Bang Yongguk. “Yah, open your eyes and listen to what I’m saying,” Yongguk scolded.

“Just talk Yongguk,” Himchan mumbled.

“I kissed Micha,” Yongguk confessed while playing with his fingers.

Absent-mindedly, Himchan nodded and rested his cheek on the table but then his mind started rewind Yongguk’s statement. His eyes instantly widened and he sat upright while letting out a loud gasp. “You kiss who? What? When? Why? Huh? Tell me everything!” Himchan forgot about being sleepy and diverted his focus solely on Yongguk.

“Yesterday, at the rooftop, I kissed Micha,” Yongguk muttered.

“Seriously?!” Himchan said in frantic.

“Chan-ahh, can you please stop asking me stupid questions?” Yongguk sighed.

“Okay, okay. So, did you confess?” Himchan waggled his brow.

“No,” Yongguk pouted and slapped his own cheek.

Himchan’s face dropped as he looked at Yongguk with his eyes narrowed. “Idiot,” he said.

“What?” Yongguk looked up at Himchan with clueless eyes.

“You idiot! You should’ve confessed right there and then! You’ve missed your chance, big man! Aish… Don’t you know the basic? After kissing, just confess and you’re already a couple. Since you just kept quiet and chickened out, Micha will be confused. She’ll start to have second thoughts, so, you have to say goodbye to her and stay as her good friend,” Himchan blathered at Yongguk like a mother scolding her 6 years old son.

Yongguk groaned and banged his head on the table. “What should I do now?”

“You’re on your own,” Himchan patted Yongguk’s back and was about to walk away but Yongguk caught his hand. “What?” he looked at his desperate looking friend.

Like a leech, Yongguk stuck on Himchan and started to pester him, asking Himchan to help him solve this problem. “Please, Himchan… Please! Channie-ahh, please! Chan-ahh… Please? Help me please!” he shook Himchan by the throat causing the male to feel as if he was going to throw up. “Please!” Yongguk begged.

Himchan squirmed out of Yongguk’s grip and stomped his feet in annoyance. “You woke me up at 3 and you’re forcing me to help you in your hopeless love life?” Himchan crossed his arms and stared at Yongguk.

“Yes I did,” Yongguk smiled proudly.

Sighing, Himchan shook his head and dejectedly said, “I’ll help but on one condition.”

“Anything,” Yongguk sounded desperately.

“Do my laundry for this whole year,” Himchan smirked.

“Deal!” Yongguk shook Himchan’s hand.

***

Daehyun was sitting in between Micha and Yongguk. Previously, he was sitting with his other friends from the gang Beast but changed his seat when Micha suddenly called him over. “So… what’s up?” he said awkwardly. Damn. He regretted it. He regretted changing his seat because he was stuck in a very awkward atmosphere. Even though Daehyun did not know the actual incident that had occurred between Micha and Yongguk, he felt some weird aura roaming around them which makes him shift in his seat uncomfortably.

“Nothing,” Micha forced a smile.

“Just sit,” Yongguk said while staring at his shoes.

“But-,” Daehyun was about to stand up but Micha and Yongguk pushed him back to his seat. “Hey, hey, hey, I got a life guys,” he said but kept quiet when the two leaders were glaring at him, signalling him to shut his mouth. “O-kay…” he nodded and leaned into his chair while puckering.

On the other hand, Himchan watched Yongguk and Micha who were busy staring at their shoes. He sighed in frustration and shook his head as he was the only one who knew about the kissing incident which had occurred yesterday. If Yongguk did not wake him at 3 o’clock in the morning, he would have been blurred and confused about their weird behaviours like Daehyun was. “Those two are useless in this stuff. They’re only good at fighting,” Himchan muttered with his arms crossed.

“Jessica ssaem is coming,” one of the students announced.

“Move, move.”

“Yah! That’s my place!”

“I want to sit in front!”

As usual, the male students would start to bicker whenever their history teacher, Jessica was coming. Micha moved to her desk beside Zelo and took out her thick English dictionary. “Micha, its history now, not English,” Zelo nudged Micha.

Micha put down the dictionary on the table and started to search for the right angle until she was satisfied. When she was done angling it, Micha rested her cheeks on it with a smile on her face. “Junhong-ahh, learn something from the master alright? We bring dictionaries to school because of one thing; that is to sleep comfortably. You know I hate Jessica right? So, might as well just sleep and ignore that damn ,” Micha patted Zelo’s head and went back to rest on the dictionary.

Chuckling, Zelo turned his attention to the front where Jessica was teaching. He stared at the teacher for a while before following Micha’s step and drifted off to dreamland in seconds. “Look, the two of them are sleeping,” Himchan whispered to Yongguk.

“Let them,” Yongguk smiled.

“I want to sleep too then,” Himchan stated happily but Yongguk smacked his head.

“You can’t sleep,” Yongguk instructed.

“Why?” Himchan shrieked.

“We need to watch Jessica ssaem. If she tries to do anything funny to Micha, we need to stop her,” Yongguk cracked his knuckles and loosen up his stiff muscles by stretching his body.

Himchan rolled his eyes at Yongguk and said, “I think you should find a way to confess rather than start a fight with the teacher.” Yongguk scowled at Himchan who just shrugged and leaned backwards to get some sleep.

“No sleeping,” Yongguk hissed at Himchan.

“Dude, you woke me up at 3 o’clock in the morning!” Himchan whined.

“So?” Yongguk spoke out dryly.

“That means you have to get the away from me now and let me sleep. You better leave me alone or else I’ll go to Micha and start showing her your ugly childhood pictures. Do you or do you not understand me, Bang Yongguk?” Himchan grumbled.

Yongguk puffed up his cheek and his shoulders sagged. “I was cute when I was a kid.”

“Yah! Bang Yongguk!” Himchan yelled.

“Kim Himchan, Bang Yongguk. Would you like to stand outside the class?” Jessica scolded.

The two friends just bowed slightly at the teacher and continued to hiss at each other while blaming one another. Meanwhile, Micha was wakened up from her sleep when she heard Himchan yelling Yongguk’s name. She looked around the classroom sleepily and chuckled when he saw Zelo sleeping with his mouth opened. “Why is it that he always learns the bad things from me instead of the good things?” Micha stifled a yawn and rubbed her eyes.

“Did you have a nice dream?” Jessica snickered.

Half-awake, Micha looked up and frowned at Jessica. “What?” she said.

“Stand outside of the class until my lesson ends. Bring along your friend,” Jessica motioned her chin towards Zelo with her arms smugly crossed and walked away.

Jongup who was sitting behind Micha whispered, “Should I go too?”

“It’s okay,” she whispered back and dragged Zelo along with her.

Outside the class, Micha and Zelo had been standing for almost half an hour. Even though they were told to raise their arms as a punishment, Micha and Zelo just ignored Jessica as they sat on the floor with their backs against the wall. “She’s a ,” Zelo huffed and crossed his arms with puckered lips.

“I know that,” Micha nodded.

At that moment, Jessica stepped out of the class and stared at the two friends who were outside the class. “Having fun?” the teacher smirked but Micha just looked away from Jessica in irritant. Jessica leaned down to Micha and whispered, “Take care of your loved ones.”

“Are you threatening me again?” Micha hissed.

“Go back to your class. My lesson is over for today,” Jessica turned around and walked off to the teacher’s lounge.

Zelo watched Jessica walked away and then said, “What did she say?”

“It’s nothing,” Micha shook her head and then continued, “Let’s go in.”

“Are you sure?” Zelo sounded doubtful.

“Positive,” Micha stood up and walked into the classroom. 

“Hey, hey, look the two rebels are back!” Dongwoon from Beast said.

The rest of her classmates chuckled at Micha and Zelo as they just ignored their friends and went back to their sit. “I’m going to go to the rooftop alright? I need to take some fresh air,” Micha suddenly turned back around and head out of class. The reason for her abrupt decision was; she saw Yongguk staring at her with a dazzling smile on his face. Micha half-ran out of the class while smacking her head and cursing at herself.

“What? Where is she going?” Youngjae asked.

“Jessica whispered something to her just now. I think she’s stressed about that,” Zelo stated.

Meanwhile, Himchan had turned to face Yongguk to say, “Yah, it’s your chance idiot.”

“Now?” Yongguk’s eyes widened in frantic.

“Yes, you dumb, dumb,” Himchan knocked Yongguk’s head.

“But-” Yongguk was saying but Himchan shushed him with a wave of his hand.

“Go now,” Himchan hissed.

At the sight of Himchan losing his temper, Yongguk quickly got up from his chair and trudged out of the class. With his heart hammering against his chest, Yongguk followed the hall which leads him to the stairs that would further bring him to the rooftop where Micha would be at. He calmed his nerves and rubbed his clammy palm on his pants then walked towards Micha. Before he could say a single word, Micha who was facing towards the scenery before them had suddenly turned towards him.

Micha started to turn panic as she saw Yongguk standing just a few feet away from her. She bit her lips, tap her foot and played with her fingers nervously while staring at the ground. “Hey,” Yongguk began.

“Hey,” Micha croaked back awkwardly.

The awkward and silence atmosphere came again.

“Can we talk?” Yongguk finally blurted.

“N-Now?” Micha smacked herself mentally for stammering.

“Maybe we should go out to talk? Can we?” Yongguk asked slowly, not wanting to appear aggressive.

A simple nod was Micha’s only reply as she did not have the courage to say it out loud. The two of them walked side-by-side with an awkward gap between them. Easily, they managed to go out of school without getting caught and soon enough, they were walking about freely on the streets of the city. “Should we get some ice-cream?” Yongguk looked at Micha.

“Sure,” Micha nodded.

Each of them bought a cup of ice-cream of their own favourite flavour. For a split second, Micha had totally forgotten about her nervous feelings and was enjoying her ice-cream as Yongguk lead the way to the nearest park. “Oh, we’re going to the park,” Micha took scooped up a spoonful of vanilla-flavoured ice-cream.

“Yes we are,” Yongguk smiled and pointed at a vacant bench, “Let’s sit there.”

As soon as they settled down, Yongguk started feeling nervous again while Micha was still engrossed with her ice-cream. “Micha,” he called out for the female. “I want to talk about what had happened to us yesterday, on the rooftop,” Yongguk stated it out loud.

                Instantly, Micha’s face reddened as she wished she could hide in a hole for the time being. “What about it?” she started to stir her spoon in the cup of ice-cream.

                “I kissed you because I had a reason for it,” Yongguk said.

                Instead of giving a reply, Micha decided to keep her silence and listened to Yongguk. She continued on eating her ice-cream, pretending to look composed even though in reality, she felt as if she was going to throw up the previous ice-cream she had digested. Meanwhile, Yongguk watched his ice-cream melt and fixed his gaze on it. He did not know what the next step was and was desperately searching for an answer in his mind. Finally, he took in a deep breath, slowed down his breathing pace and faced Micha.

                That was when he saw it. Just at the corner of Micha’s lips, there was an ice-cream stain and unconsciously, Yongguk wiped it away for her using his thumb. Shocked by the sudden touch, Micha stared at Yongguk as he his thumb. “To tell you the truth, I told Himchan about what had happened,” Yongguk tried to kick off the conversation when Micha had finally looked at him.

                “What did he say?” Micha sounded interested.

                “He said I was an idiot,” Yongguk pinched the bridge of his nose as Micha giggled at him.

                Still giggling, Micha said, “Why did he call you that?”

                Yongguk’s face turned serious as he took Micha’s hand. This was the opportunity that Himchan had been telling him to snatch. He knew this was it and if he fails again there was no turning back. His hand slowly wrapped around Micha’s hand and with his eyes looking straight into hers, Yongguk said, “I love you, Kwon Micha. Will you be my girlfriend?”

                The ultimate golden question had rolled out of Yongguk’s tongue clearly and confidently. After letting it out of his chest, Yongguk appeared fearless as he became calmer than before, ready to accept Micha’s replies. “Oppa…” Micha’s words trailed off. Shocked, puzzled, there was too much emotion swirling around in her head.

                “I don’t think I can be your girlfriend,” Micha ended her sentence in a whisper.

                “You don’t have any feelings for me?” Yongguk creased his forehead.

                “I-I-” Micha took a deep breath then continued, “I love you too but this is too dangerous. Being my lover is more dangerous than being a member of the ‘Geomyasaeng’ clan. Oppa, you have to understand,” she pleaded. “I don’t want to lose you okay?”

                Seeing hope, Yongguk grasp on Micha’s hand tighter and stated, “I promise you, I’ll take good care of myself and would also protect you. I don’t care about all those risky s, I just want to be with you.” Micha lowered her head as her eyes started to turn glossy. She loved this man. Yes, she does but she refused to lose him in the future. Accepting Yongguk was like she was giving orders to murder him. How could she let that be? Then, Yongguk leaned into her, pressing his lips onto hers, trying his best to persuade her.

                Exactly two years ago, she fell in love with a normal male student from her previous school. His name was Kim Junho. Their relationship was quick to blossom since they shared a lot of common interest with him and even though she hesitated, Micha told Junho the truth about her true self. She expected him to leave her side but, Junho stayed and their relationship grew deeper. Until one day, her rival clan found out about her relationship with Junho and killed him off as a warning sign. From that day onwards, Micha had kept her heart locked away deep in her soul, refusing to let anyone open it.

                Her mind knew that it was not a good decision to accept Yongguk but her heart had its mind of its own. Micha’s eyes automatically closed when she felt Yongguk’s lips on her as her arms slid around Yongguk’s neck. One drop of tear fell from the corner of her eyes. “What’s your decision then?” Yongguk asked, wiping away Micha’s tears as soon as they broke away from the kiss.

                “Promise me that you’ll stay alive no matter what,” Micha said.

                “I can promise you that,” Yongguk nodded. “Does that mean…” his words trailed off.

                “Yes, oppa, I’ll be your girlfriend,” Micha smiled and caressed his cheek.

                “Really?” Yongguk’s face brightened.

                “Yes,” Micha’s smile widened.

                Excited, Yongguk lifted Micha and place her on his lap. He pecked Micha on the lips and said, “I love you.”

                “I love you too,” Micha rested her head on the crook of Yongguk’s neck.

                As they were enjoying the moment of bliss, kissing and caressing each other’s face, Micha’s pocket started to vibrate. She sat upright, her right arm still draped over Yongguk’s shoulder as she was still sitting on his lap and fished in her pocket for her cell phone. “Its Youngjae oppa,” Micha looked at the caller identification.

                “Can’t you ignore him?” Yongguk pouted and nuzzled in her shoulder.

                “I’ll just make it quick alright,” Micha smiled and tapped on the answer call button.

                Before she could even say ‘hello’, Youngjae alarmed voice filled in the other line. He said, “Micha, where are you? Are you alright? Is Yongguk hyung with you?” Youngjae’s voice started to worry Micha as she felt a sudden uneasiness deep inside her.

                “Slow down oppa, yes, I’m fine. Yongguk oppa is with me. What’s wrong?” Micha’s forehead creased as she got off Yongguk’s lap. “Did anything happen while we’re gone? School is supposed to be over by now,” Micha said more.

                Youngjae breathed a sigh of relief when he found out Micha and Yongguk were fine but his next words shocked Micha causing a loud gasp to erupt from the back of . She covered with her free hand when she heard Youngjae saying, “Himchan and Zelo were attacked on their way to the store to buy some food. They are in the hospital now.”

                “Text me the way to the hospital, we’ll be there soon,” with that they hung up.

                “What happened?” Yongguk looked puzzled.

                “Zelo and Himchan oppa are in the hospital. We’ve got to go now,” Micha grabbed Yongguk’s hand and they ran off to the hospital.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello^^ Zelo and Himchan were attacked, Micha and Yongguk are officially in a relationship... How was this chapter? Good, Bad? Comments are greatly appreciated... Stay tune for the next chappie^__~ Bye-bye! Ppyong~~