Gaining A Friend

Who the Hell is She?! -on hiatus-

Overwhelmed by rage, Dongjun swung his fist with full force and was about to punch Micha when suddenly a commanding voice said, “That’s enough!” The owner of the voice was none other than Micha’s childhood friend, P.O. “Put her down Dongjun or I swear I’ll ing chop your head off!” P.O roared.

                “You want me to let her go?” Dongjun asked through gritted teeth.

                “Let her go,” P.O reiterated in a menacing tone.

                For a split second, Dongjun stared at Micha and then let go off her collar. Soon, Dongjun and his classmates walked out of the Micha’s classroom with raged hearts. Micha’s classmates on the other hand trudged back to their seats as they were drained out because of the previous fight. “Are you crazy Kwon Micha?” P.O hissed at Micha, his eyes scanned the surrounding, making sure none of the students were eavesdropping.

                “Relax, I didn’t punch that punk right? Or else he’d be dead by now,” Micha whispered back.

                “You better watch yourself Micha,” P.O said in a worried voice.

                “Araso, oppa!” Micha’s voice turned back to cheerful and high-pitched.

                “Stay calm. I have to take care of that punk Dongjun,” P.O said and walked out of the class.

                At the corner of the class, the BAP were staring at Micha with a puzzled look. “Hyung, who is she really? Her character changes like in seconds. You think she’s bipolar?” Daehyun asked Yongguk with a face that clearly said, ‘Chicks are confusing.’

                “I have no idea Daehyun-ahh,” Yongguk shook his head and leaned into his chair. Then, at the corner of his eyes, Yongguk saw Zelo stood up from Himchan’s chair and was making his way towards Micha. “What’s that kid doing?” Yongguk muttered and watched the youngest member of the group trying to approach Micha.

                On the other hand, Zelo went back to his seat which was right next to Micha. He glanced at Micha’s direction every single second and deliberated whether he should speak to Micha. At last, Zelo took his chair and inched closer towards Micha then said, “Hi.”

                Surprised, Micha looked to her right and brightly replied, “Hi.”

                “I’m Choi Junhong. You can call me Zelo,” he said.

                “I’m Kwon Micha.” Then, the atmosphere turned awkward. Micha waited for Zelo to speak since he looked as if he wanted to ask her something. “You can ask me anything if you want to. I won’t get mad,” she reassured Zelo who seemed to be nervous which made Micha thought, ‘He’s not that cold.”

                “Weren’t you scared?” Zelo finally blurted out his question.

                “About what?” Micha creased her forehead.

                “You know… Just now with Dongjun,” Zelo scratched the back of his neck.

                Micha laughed and said, “Why should I be scared? Give me two solid reasons.”

                Hesitantly, Zelo replied, “It’s because you’re a girl and girls don’t like to fight.”

                For a few minutes, Micha rubbed her chin and flashed a cute smile at Zelo. “Well, I think that Dongjun is just a brainless guy with some strength. He’s still human and I am human right? Why should I be scared of another petty human?” she said.

                Zelo stared Micha with amazement and said more, “So, you don’t judge us for getting into a huge fight with those bastards from the other class?”

                “From my point of view, you guys were helping out a friend. There are a lot of ways to help out our friend right? It’s just your way of helping is a little bit rough. That’s all. I don’t mind at all,” Micha shrugged and started to take out her textbooks.

                At that moment, Zelo’s mouth twitched. Micha who was rummaging her bag looked up and was shocked to see Zelo. He had on such a bright and cute smile on his face for the first time for Micha to look at. “You’re fun,” he said in an excited tone, surprising Micha even more. “Friends?” Zelo said and out his hand while Micha willingly took his hand.

                Meanwhile, L.Joe who was seated right in front of Micha heard the whole conversation. While leaning into the chair, he smirked and thought, ‘Maybe she’s not too bad.’

                At the other side of the room, Yongguk who was watching and hearing the conversation between Zelo and Micha too had a smirk on his face. ‘She’s quite interesting, I guess,’ a random thought popped into his head as he stretched and slept on the table.

                Recess time finally came by. Zelo stayed at Micha’s table and decided to have lunch together with his new friend while Yongguk watched Zelo laughing with Micha. “What the hell is that kid thinking?” Himchan said and was about to stand up but Yongguk stopped him.

                “Let him,” Yongguk said and forced Himchan to sit back on his seat.

                P.O came in the classroom and immediately his brow rose up when he saw Zelo sitting with Micha. “New friend? Finally?” he said in a mocking tone.

                “Anyeong hyung!” Zelo said.

                “Yo,” P.O replied and did a peace sign before taking a seat across Micha.

                “Who messed up your pretty face?” Micha asked while pointing at P.O’s bleeding lips.

                “I fought with Dongjun just now. That bastard won’t come near this class anymore,” P.O said in a proud tone.

                “Really?” Zelo perked up.

                “Yeah, I punched him in the gut till he couldn’t stand up,” P.O said proudly.

                “We can always count on you, hyung,” Zelo said and bumped his fist with P.O.

                Micha sighed and scratched her head. With a pout, she muttered, “I’ve been here less than a week, I gain an enemy. I hope nothing goes wrong after this or else, I’ll have to say goodbye to this school.”

                Suddenly, Zelo stood up and enthusiastically said, “It’s okay Micha. Zelo is here to protect you. You don’t have to worry about a single thing. I’ll wipe off any human being that tries to harm you! I can promise you that!”

                “Thank you,” Micha smiled as she ruffled Zelo’s hair and continued eating.

***

                It was free period. The students in Micha’s class were all over the class doing abnormal things that none of the human in the whole wide world could think of. Micha was at her seat chatting with Zelo at first but when Zelo went off to join his friends with their crazy rituals, Micha decided to read some random books in her bag.

                “Micha!” Zelo shouted. “Come and join me!” he waved while his friends were stuffing him into a box but Micha just shook her head and giggled. “Hyung! That hurts!” Zelo whined when Himchan started to force his head into the box.

                “You’re too huge!” Himchan exclaimed.

                “We can see that hyung,” Youngjae rolled his eyes.

                “Guys, cut it out. Don’t hurt the maknae,” Yongguk said from the side.

                “We won’t hurt him,” Daehyun showed a thumbs up at Yongguk.

                “We promise,” Jongup added and smiled.

                Yongguk on the other hand just sighed and leaned into his chair. He watched s trying to stuff Zelo into the box but then his eyes caught the sight of Micha at the corner of the room reading a book. “Reading a book in this kind of atmosphere?” Yongguk said under his breath with his brow raised. “Huh?” Yongguk blinked a few times to make sure his eyes were not playing tricks on him.

                Apparently, Micha had accidentally dropped her pencil and had bent down to pick it up. Without her own knowledge, the back of Micha’s neck was accidentally exposed and a hint of her tattoo was seen. Yongguk creased his forehead in confusion as he whispered, “Is that tattoo?” At the moment when he was going to inspect further, a figure had walked in the classroom.

                “YAH! SHUT UP!” the person said. The noisy class quieted down as they stared at the person standing in front of the class. “Alright, any of you punks here know a girl by the name…” before the figure could even finish her speech, Micha stood up from her desk abruptly while shouting, “UNNIE!” At a speed of light, Micha was already embracing the person whom she had addressed as an older sister.

                “Unnie?” her classmates gasped as they stared at the female in front who resembled more of a male.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another chappie is up! I'm happy but... sorry because it's short... Well, something came up and I had to stop writing for a while and I kind of forgot what to write after that... Keke. But it's okay, I'll try to make the  next chapter longer^^ So, enjoy reading! Leave a comment alright?