9 months.

The Trip

 

"My dream is finally complete," I whispered in her ear before kissing her cheek. "Mwah!"

"Babee," she whined. Her cheek is wet from my kiss. She's rubbing her stomach. "Oh!" 

"Did the baby kick?" I asked feeling her stomach too.

"Yeah," she pouted. Her face got a little rounder - is it possible for her to become cuter? I nibbled her cheek. "Babe!" She jerked. "That hurts."

I started laughing. I rested my chin on her head. Our baby's room is finally complete. The bed, dresser, toys, diapers, everything. "Can you believe it?" 

"Believe what?"

"That this is happening?"

She nodded. "I am pregnant."

I rubbed her stomach. "I'm finally going to be a father."

"Mm-hmm." I felt her rest her head back against me. I started humming, rocking her back and forth.

We've been together for almost  year. Seems short, but everything is going along perfectly. I don't know how I survived alone.

"My feets wet," she mumbled. 

"What?"

"MY FEETS WET!" she jerked out of my hold. "OH MY GOD, MY FEETS WET!" Her started takin deep breaths.

"WHAT?!" I yelled back. Her feets wet? Why would her feet be - HER WATER BROKE! "Baby, breathe. HEE-HEE-WHOO. HEE-HEE-WHOO." I gestured her to take deep breaths in and out while I get her things. I ran into our room and grabbed a little luggage. I flipped my phone out and dialed Ji.

"Hello?"

"Ji, her water broke. Hospital - we gotta go to the hospital."

"Wait wait wait. What?"

"JI, MEET US AT THE HOSPITAL!"

"What? Why?"

"Her water broke."

"OH . She's giving birth right now? Right now?"

"MEET US AT THE HOSPITAL." 

I snapped the phone shut. Sometimes Ji doesn't pay attention when I talk to him - or, he just doesn't understand. "Baby, come on." I slowly picked her up and walked her to the elevator.

"AHHH." she screamed.

"Ahhh," I whimpered. - my fingers hurt.

"Sorry," she panted. "It hurts."

"I know," I whined. Oh my God, her grips strong. "Just - try gripping the handle of the luggage." 

She glared at me. 

"Sorry." After 15 minutes, we finally got to the elevator. "Keep breathing, baby." I rubbed her back while she kept a hold on my other hand. God, I need my fingers - please, don't let her break my fingers. 

We finally made it to the lobby. Shoot, there's so many people here. I pulled my hood over my face. "Babe, there's the car." 

As we quickly walked to the car, you can't help hearing the 'gasping' of people. "Baby, breathe." She started sweating. I saw her hand grab the carseat. Oh no. I braced myself.

"AHHHHH, !" she yelled. I bit my lips so hard, I tasted blood. My fingers probably sprained now.

"We're almost there."

" if we're almost there. I want this out!"

I jerked my head back. "What?!"

"Oh for christ sake, Young-bae. Shut up." 

My eyes widen. She's probably in a lot of pain. She let go of my hand and immediately gripped my thigh. "No-AHHHHHH!" Both of my hands rubbed my thigh as her grip got tighter. My leg fell sleep. Oh my God. I can't feel my leg. "Baby, PLEASE grab onto something else."

She glared at me - and this time, I see hate. God, it has to be the pain she's feeling. She started breathing again.

"Baby we're almost there."

She shut her eyes and kept breathing.

When we got there, I yelled for a wheelchair. They escorted her to a private room.

"How are the contractions?" the doctor asked.

"Uh, a minute apart?" I couldn't pay attention to that. She was killing me slowly.

"She's going to go into labor soon. Quickly, put gl-" At that moment, I couldn't take in anything the nurses were saying. I kept focusing on my hand praying Mag doesn't break it. She was sweating so much, I kept dabbing her with my free hand.

"..understand? SIR, do you understand?"

"Uh.. huh," what? I couldn't understand a word she was saying. We finally entered the hospital room.

"She's going into labor. You," the nurse pointed at me, "you need to wash your hands, and change into this." She pointed into the locker right outside the door.

"NOOOOO, I don't want him to... AHHHHHH!" Mag screamed reaching her hand towards me. 

"Mam, he will be right back."

"Baby, I'll be right back." I stormed out of there. I'm starting to sweat now. Oh my God - there's going to be a lot of blood. After I changed, I went back in, and I can't believe what I saw.

"Bae, where have you been?!" she screamed. Her face seemed so demonic at that point.

"I'm sorry, I was only gone for -"

"Shut up!" she screamed even louder. Her hand was fishing out for me. 

"Baby, come on. Breath. Did you want drugs?"

"NO! AHHHHHH!! Why isn't it coming out?!" she started panting. 

"Mam, please. If you don't mind lowering your voice. You might be scaring the other expecting mothers."

"EXCUSE ME? AHHHHHHHH!!" She glared at that nurse. I got scared. Mag, this way, is not pretty. 

I rubbed her face, keeping the sweat out of her eyes. "Come on honey. Almost there."

"Mam, you're crowning. The baby's head is almost out."

What? "See, baby. The baby's head is almost out."

She kept her breathing going. She started gripping the handle of her bed. What's crowning? I tilted my head to see it. I jerked back. I closed my eyes. Why did I have to see it?

"Mam, come on. A few more big pushes, and your baby's out." 

"Come on, babe. Come on. You can do it."

"AHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Her face started to turn red. She never turns red. Oh my God, what did I do to her?"

"Babe, I am so sorry!" I screamed. "I am so sorry you're going through this!"

"Mam, come on. Two more pushes, and the baby's out." 

A few minutes later, Mag's body became limb. 

And I hear a baby crying. My baby's crying.  "Sir.." 

My baby is born. 

"Sir? Would you like to cut the umbilical cord?"

"Huh?" I turned to the nurses, and I see them holding my child. My child. "Oh my God." 

My child is beautiful. The nurses were wiping the blood off of the body, but still - it was beautiful.

"I wanna see my child," Mag whimpered, "Oh my God. I did it." She was regulating her breathing.

Before the nurses gave me my child, I cut the umbilical cord. "Are you sure it's not goint to hurt it?"

"No, it's fine. Don't worry."

I cut the umbilical cord and I held my child. Our child. 

"Congratulations, it's a girl."