White Day

The Trip

"Since it's white day, should I wear all white?"

I'm modeling in front of the mirror holding my fitted, white tube dress.

"Maybe Kyle would prefer you to," Ash said still laying in bed.

I turned around and stuck my tongue out. "Really though, what should I wear today? The weather is somewhat chilly. Maybe my black skinny jeans and brown moccasin boots with my strip blue top I just bought? I'll wear my white beanie. Cute?"

"Mmmm." She puts the pillows over her head.

"Ash, come on!" I jumped on the bed. "Get up and get ready! We have to be at Kyle's shop at 12 so we can go! PLEASE?"

"FINE! Just please stop hugging and shaking me." She got up and walked to the bathroom.

"Oh, I love you."

I got dressed and decide to call Kyle. or, should I text? I'll call.

"Hello?"

:"Hey, it's Mag. Are we still meeting up?"

"Yeah, of course. Happy White Day."

"Happy White Day. I'll see you soon. Bye"

Hmm. Again he doesn't say bye. Strange.

"Mag. MAG! You ready?" Ash yells. She's already standing next to the door.

---

We finally get to the cafe. Kyle's sitting at the porch waiting for us.

"Hey," I said gestering to hug. It was kind of awkward since he didn't gester back.

"Sorry, we usually don't hug here."

"Hi, I'm Ashley," Ash says as she offers a hug as well.

"Ready to head out? It's going to be a tiredsome day today. Plus, I have a surprise for you guys."

"Really? What is it?"

Kyle didn't bother to answer, but we continued to follow him. I guess we aren't taking a taxi because we ended up at his car. It's a black Hyundai. Nice and small. As we get inside the car, we find two boxes.

"Are these for us?" I asked while opening the box.

"OMG! It's white chocolate! Thank you, Kyle. We didn't get you anything. I'll give you a hug instead." Ash hugged him from behind.

"You guys are funny. No problem. And no, on white day, boys give girls presents. So, you don't have to give me anything in return. It's normal."

On the way to the fanmeet, Kyle was letting us in on what usually happens in Korea and stuff. He told us what's appropriate and what's not; what's respectable; and important phrases. Basically, we're having our own Korea 101 class. The trip took about 1 hour since there's traffic. I didn't mind though. I liked learning new things. We tried taking pictures using our camera phone. We managed to get good shots. One shot I enjoyed was seeing this little boy give this other little girl a box. Watching how they interacted was priceless. We were stuck at a traffic light for a good 15 minutes. After he gave it to her, she ran away from him hiding. When she opened it, she looked for him peaking through the seats. They held hands afterwards.

"WHOA. This place is so packed! How are we going to get inside?" Ash exclaimed. We arrived at the mall and the line to enter circled the building. "Is Big Bang really that huge??"

"Oh yeah. They've been around for almost 5 years. And each member has been debuting solo. So, that grabbed more fans. Don't wrry though, I'll get us in."

We finally parked and Kyle did what he promised. He asked us to wait behind while he talks to one of the security guards. I think Kyle slipped him money, which made me feel a little sad since he's already doing so much. We finally made our way through the back of the mall and we arrived at the front of the line. He's bowing and gestered us to do the same thing.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I said as i bowed multiple of times. Ash did too, which made me surprised.

"I think bowing made me love handshakes more. I feel like I'm getting whiplash doing it so many times already," Ash complained.

I just shook my head. She's so funny at times.

"OH! What should I have them sign? I don't have their albums. I don't have anything of theirs but this coffee sleeve. Would that be ok? Or would they be offended??" I asked outloud.

"Um, it's fine. Have them sign your cell phone, or anything that's of significant value so they'd feel appreciated. I'm having them sign my identification card."

"You're I.D.?"

"Yeah, I don't like them that much, but I do like your mystery man. He's geniune."

Ash is busy taking pictures using her camera phone. She even recording this experience.

"...this is where everyone is gathered to meet the remarkable Big Bang. Mag, and her new friend, Kyle, are there chit chatting away and leaving me lonely in the midst of the crowd."

Ash and her recorder. We're finally up next and I glanced at the Taeyang. He's beautiful. And I look at Kyle. He's really good looking too. Why does Korea have so many good looking men? Even the rest of Big Bang were attractive. There's one with really short blonde hair. He's feminine looking, but he has this appeal with the way he's moving. And the silver haired guy looks aggressive and confident. This is a very good looking group.

"Hey Ash, i think the silver haired guy is your type. Look at him. Strong and confident. He looks tall too."

"Yeah, he reminds me of Jay from America's Next Top Model though."

The security guard gestered for me to walk up and talk to them. I feel clammy. The first person I see is this guy with bags under his eyes.

"Hi. I'm Mag from California. It's nice to meet Big Bang." I said while reaching my hand out.

"Hi, I'm Victory." He said as he signed my cell phone and coffee sleeve. "You like Korea? Or do you like me?" He laughed when he asked. The guy sitting next to him slapped him on the arm.

"Do you know who am I?" the guy next to Victory asked.

"Uhh.."

"You're Daesung!" interjected Kyle. Thank god. They began speaking in Korean.

I see Ash in the corner of my eye talking to Victory. She's leaning so close to him. I wonder what's she's doing to him. I finally looked at who's next to Daesung and it's Taeyang.

"Hi, I'm Taeyang." He reached his hand out to me.

"Hi, I'm Mag." I couldn't make eye contact. He's gorgeous. His voice sounded so smooth and confident.

"Mag? What is your real name?"

"Um, it's Mageret." I couldn't help but give him my awkward smile. I never laid eyes on such a fine piece of flesh. His lips were perfectly plump. His jawline was so sharp and defined. So was his cheekbones. His fingers too. You can tell he did a lot of hardwork. "Is Taeyang your real name?" I hid myself behind my hands.

"No, it's Dong Young-Bae. Do you know who we are?" He asked with a big smile on his face.

"I know you for Wedding Dress. I didn't know you were in a band."

"Ahh. I see...."

"Mag, we gotta keep the line moving. I got in trouble talking to V.I. too long." Ash says while grabbing my shoulders to get out of line.

"Uh, ok." I turn back to Taeyang. "Thank you for being so nice to me. You're a very beautiful man."

We decided to wait for Kyle near the exit of the fanmeet. Ash can't help but giggle continuously.

"Ash, what happened? Tell me!"

"You won't believe it. But I got V.I's number. He slipped it in between my coffee sleeves. I didn't understand what he was refering to throughout our conversation, but when I saw the number it made sense. He kept saying 'in between' or something. His accent is really cute."

"REALLY? Text him right now and tell him it's you."

"So, ladies, how'd you enjoy that?" Kyle said as he put his arms around both our shoulders, "how'd you enjoy this fanmeet?"

"Someone's getting comfortable," I giggled while tickling his sides.

"Hey, sorry. I haven't been around women for awhile." Kyle gave us a little distance. I think I made him feel unwelcomed. I reached my hand out to kind of bring him close again, but either he didn't see it or he rejected it. We continued walking and was stopped by Ash.

"Mag, so I texted him. He should get it quick. We can still see him from here. I wanna see if he'll check his phone. Or, if he gave me a fake number." 

Kyle and I looked at each other. He seems very confused. 

"Ash said Victory gave her his phone number. So, she's texting him to see if it's real."

His jawdropped. "WHAT?!"

Ash looked at him startled. "Why? What's wrong with that?"

"If he really did, then he really is the daring one," Kyle laughed, "usually, idols.. I mean, stars.. aren't really allowed to publicly state they are dating because their fans kind of go crazy. Or be that daring to give their info out cuz if it leaks.. it's like the end of their lives, you know? But, what's the status? Did he respond?"

"I haven't seen him reach for his pocket, but he's really busy. He's kind of cute though."

Kyle shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk. I grabbed Ash's arm. "It's okay. If he really did, he'd respond."