Day 11 in America

The Trip

 

Mag worked the past few days. When she comes home, I can see she’s exhausted. She doesn’t want to admit it, but after she showers and lays next to me, I could feel her breathing getting heavier within minutes. She shouldn’t be working that hard. She shouldn’t be working at all.

 

I never realized how strong she was. It amazes me that this little girl has so much strength to endure what she went through. She’s going to be an amazing mother.

 

Mag’s mother has been calling her a lot. They talk, but it’s never long. I tried to figure out what’s it about, but she never says more than ‘how are you.’

 

Her brother hasn’t talked to her since that day, but Mag doesn’t seem bothered by it.

 

We talked about when she’s going to Korea. I wanted her to leave when I go back. I wanted to buy her ticket, but she kept saying no. We argued for a whole night about it.

 

“I WANT TO BE THERE!” I yelled. I slammed my fist on her desk.

 

“Dammit, Young-bae,” she started pacing. Her hand kept running through her hair. Her eyes were darting all over the room. “I’m going to go to Korea. I’m going to live with you. I’m leaving EVERYTHING. But, before I do, I need to figure out what’s best for my mom.” She crossed her arms over he chest. She sighed and walked up to me. “Okay?”

 

I couldn’t look at her. I stared at her wall. “I’m not asking you to leave everything behind.” I took a deep breath. “Baby,” I looked at her. I placed my hand on her side and pulled her closer to me. I wrapped my arms around her waist. “I want to be there through out everything. Your mom can live with us. I can give you everything you need, but when I’m working, I don’t want you to be alone. She can be there.”

 

She shook her head. “I don’t think you can handle living with her.”

 

I grinned and placed my head on hers. “I live with Ji and maknae.”

 

She started laughing a little and she looked up. Our eyes met. “I’ll go to Korea in a month.” She kept staring into my eyes. I felt defeated. We've been going around in circles with this. I guess one month is reasonable. 

 

I gave up. “One month? Then you’ll be in Korea?”

 

She nodded. “I promise.’

 

"Fine." I mumbled.

 

She smiled and kissed my chin. "Thank you." She held me tighter and rested her head on my chest. 

 

One month and she’ll be in Korea. I won’t be able to watch her grow. She’s right though. She knows what is best for her mom. She knows what’s best for her. And I know all her decisions are made with right intentions.

 

I finally looked at the clock. It’s 11:35pm. I took off my shirt. I decided to lay on the bed. I closed my eyes and spread my arms out wide. “Baby is going to be here soon.” I smiled waiting. I hear footsteps. I bit my lips. I felt my body tingle. She’s coming. I hear the doorknob wiggle. I took a deep breath. The door creaked open. I sighed. Her bag is on the floor. Her shoes flew off. I felt the bed move. My heart started racing. I haven’t seen her since this morning.

 

“Hey baby,” she whispered as her hand ran over my stomach. My arm hugged her closer to me. I pushed her on top. I bit my lips keeping my eyes closed. My hand ran down on her side, painting a picture of her in my head. She has the perfect body. Her lips brushed against mine. “You miss me?”

 

My hands rubbed her back, slightly tugging her shirt up. I felt her warm skin beneath my fingertips. I finally opened my eyes. And I see my girl – as beautiful as ever looking right at me. I kissed her. My hand ran up her back and I held her neck – pushing it down so our kiss can deepen. My other hand ran down her , feeling the curve of her lower body. I broke our kiss. “More than you’ll know.”