In America

The Trip

 

Ri, why do I feel so nervous now?” I asked while waiting in front of the airport. Things are so different here. No one really recognizes us – so, we’re free to do more things. “Are you nervous?

Hyung, I haven’t told Ash I came.” He looked at me, “ so, I’m a little nervous. What if she doesn’t want to see me? Can I stay with you?” He smiled. “Please?

I don’t know where I’m staying at either.”

Hyung, really?!” Ri’s voice got so much higher. “I thought you got everything planned out?

I rolled my eyes. “We can always rent a hotel room.”

How much do you think that’ll be?” His voice trembled a bit. “The tickets were so expensive.”

I slumped. Yeah, I spent $5,000 in less than 2 minutes. It usually takes me an hour to spend $10.

Does she know we landed already?

I shrugged. “I called her right when I landed,” I reached for my phone, “she’s coming.” I checked it – she hasn’t responded. “She’s coming.” I said again trying to put some confirmation in my voice

It’s already 1. We landed early. So, we’ve been waiting for over an hour.

Does she know we took Korean Airlines?” Ri asked. He decided to sit on his luggage. “What if she got our flights mixed up?

I shook my head. “I texted Mag our itinerary over a dozen times. I also emailed her.” Ri’s smile suddenly got really big. “Why are you smiling?

BOOM!

“I can’t believe you’re really here,” she said while hugging me from behind, “I’m so sorry I came late.” I grabbed her hands. I pulled her in front of me. “Hey, baby.” She wrapped her arms around me again. “I miss you.” She kissed me. She turned around to glance at Ri, “hey Vic. I had a feeling you’d be here.”

“AHH!” Ri screamed almost falling to the ground. Ash popped out from behind him and started laughing, “YAH! Why did you do that?” He got up and wiped the dirt off him. “Come here!” He yelled pointing to an area right in front of him. Ash walked over and gave him a hug. “I miss you beautiful.”

I looked over at Mag again – who is in my arms. I hugged her tighter and took a deep breath – taking in her scent. “I’m here.” I finally said.

Mag’s in my arms again. Her warm body against mine. Running my fingers through her hair. Touching her face again. Kissing her lips. Every bit of that is like heaven. How did I manage 6 weeks without her?

How am I going to handle it when I go back to Korea?

“Let’s go,” she finally said breaking the silence. “You guys don’t mind staying at my apartment, right?” She laughed. “I’m just warning you it’s not that great. It’s pretty small.” She looked embarrassed.

“Don’t worry about it,” I eyed Ri – he better not complain because he can be a diva about things like this. “Ri is staying with us too, if that’s okay.”

“Ash is too. My mom is staying at my brother’s house the next two weeks.” She pushed off. “Let’s go. Are you guys hungry?”

I rubbed my stomach. I am, actually. “Yeah, let’s eat.”

“In-n-out?” Ash asked while hugging Ri. “I think Vic wants to eat that.”

Ri started laughing and agreed.

We grabbed our stuff and walked to her car. 

Two weeks of Mag - just her and I. No schedule. No work. Nothing. Just us together.

I wonder what's going to happen after I go back to Korea.