2-3

Bits and Pieces

 

Sitting on the bench, looking up at the sky full of stars, Seohyun couldn’t help but to smile blissfully. The mountain top where Changmin first brought her and asked her to be his girlfriend, how could she forgot? “What are you thinking about?” Changmin asked, staring at her grinning face while holding her hand tightly. “Your confession, our first kiss.” Seohyun replied softly. Changmin smiled too, it was definitely an embarrassing moment for him, something that he has not done before, but he was proud he did it, else, he would not have such an amazing girl beside him.

Pulling Seohyun closer to him, Changmin whispered gently into her ears. “I’m sorry for putting you through all these, you know, the marriage thing. But you, you definitely gave me a hard time too.” He chuckled, suddenly reminded of the jealous moment earlier on. “Well…I felt that I needed to give you a push so you will not hesitate to do whatever that is on your mind.” She joked. “Don’t ever do that again…I don’t know what I might do to that guy.” Changmin said solemnly.

“Alright…I promise. Unless you’re letting me down again…” Seohyun smiled cheekily and Changmin pinched her cheeks..hard.

=====

Their time came. Changmin and Seohyun’s wedding day arrived three months later. Standing in the church facing the pastor, Changmin could not stop himself from turning back frequently to see if Seohyun has already arrived. “Relax man! It’s not like Seohyun’s gonna run away with some other guy on your wedding like some typical drama.” Yunho hit Changmin’s back while smiling happily. “You would be doing the same if you’re in my position, hyung!” Changmin retorted.

After a torturing wait of mere five minute, the door finally opened. But the person was not the bride, it was Yuri, Seohyun’s sister, and her facial expression gave Changmin a really bad feeling. “Seo…Seohyun! Th-the car she was in…involved in an accident!” Yuri managed to say with her face stained with tears. The whole place became chaotic, their friends had to rush over to calm Seohyun’s parents down while Yunho rushed over to Yuri to help her up. The only person who remained silent was Changmin. He then managed to regain his composure and rushed out of the church, leaving the rest to shout after him.

Changmin rushed to the hospital and demanded Seohyun’s operating theatre. He then ran over, suppressing the urge to open the doors to the operating room, then pace back and forth outside the theatre. He was so afraid, afraid that something might happen to his lovely bride, the girl whom he loved so much, and different scenarios began to pop out in his mind. However, no matter which scenario comes true, his answer would still be the same. He would marry Seohyun no matter what happens to her, because he could not imagine any other replacing her.

“Changmin-ah, Seohyun’s going to be fine. Eat something.” Yunho said as he tried to console his best friend, but failed badly. It was five hours since he’d arrived in the hospital, the emergency light was still lit. Changmin was ignoring everyone who tried to talk him into consuming something, afraid that he might fall too. The only sentence that he’d spoken after the accident was to Seohyun’s parents. “Don’t worry, no matter what happens, I will still take responsibility for her.” He did not cry, because he did not want to lose to fate. Up till now, they have no news of her status, so he did not want to cry, because crying now would mean that something bad has happened to her.

Finally, two hours later, the emergency sign light went off. Changmin immediately rushed towards the door towards the surgeon. “How is she?” Changmin demanded. “The patient has lost a lot of blood, we will have to put her in the Intensive Care Unit for now to monitor her condition. She is out of the danger period, but anything might happen during the next two days. Please be prepared.” Changmin leaned against the wall, as though all the energy has drained from his body. Part of him felt relieved that Seohyun is safe for now, but the other part of him was still very scared and worried.

She will strive through, she’s strong…she’s my girl.