1-1

Bits and Pieces

 

“Get. Your. Freaking. Hands. Off. Me.” Seohyun whispered angrily at Kyuhyun while keeping her smile to the guests in front of her. “Why? We need to do this to show how “loving” we are, don’t we?” Kyuhyun whispered back, doing the same. “But you’re overdoing it and it’s irritating.” She snapped, trying hard to peel his hands off her waist without being realized, but failed miserably. Kyuhyun was simply too strong for her. “This is part of our agreement, no matter how much you hate being with me.” Kyuhyun hissed. “Whatever, just six more months and we’re done.” Seohyun replied, pissed.

The company annual party ended and the both of them got in the car. As Kyuhyun switched off the engine, Seohyun slammed the car door shut and stomped towards their mansion. Yes, the both of them came from prestigious family background, and were forced to marry each other due to the agreement of their elders. Their parents love each other’s child and were more than willing to proceed with the agreement. But the two were loggerheads, even in school, they could not see eye to eye.

Cho Kyuhyun was indeed a remarkable man who is both talented and outstanding. He was the assistant director of the company his father owned. It wasn’t just because he had blood relation with the director. He had the approval from the board of directors. Seo Joohyun on the other hand, was a renowned pianist and has been invited to perform at many grand occasions. She owned the best music school and personally taught the students herself, giving them advices.

The both of them were the best partners for one another, in terms of talents, looks, but definitely not personality. Since they were unable to get rid of the agreement, the two came up with a contract filled with terms and conditions that were to be fulfilled during their period of marriage that is due in a year.

As Seohyun stepped into the mansion, her facial expression soften as she saw her mother-in-law sitting at the living room. “Seohyun-ah…how’s the party? Did you enjoy yourself?” Her mother-in-law asked. “Yes Mother, I enjoyed myself.” Seohyun smiled. No matter how much she detests Cho Kyuhyun, she could not bear to do so for his family. They treated her as though she was their daughter, and sometimes, they would even take her side when Kyuhyun and her quarrel. “Have you taken your dinner, Mother?” Seohyun asked politely. “Yes of course, Kyuhyun’s father ate with me before he left for the party. You must be tired after entertaining the guests the whole evening, go up rest.” Her mother-in-law said. “Yes Mother, you too, rest early.” She smiled and bow then walked up the stairs.

Seohyun sighed as she the shower. “I can do this. Just six more months and Cho Kyuhyun will be out of my sight.” She cleaned herself and changed into the bathrobe. As she opened the doors, she found Kyuhyun asleep on their bed. “Yah. Wake up and bathe before you sleep. You stink.” Seohyun said as she rolled her eyes. Still, there was no movement from the guy on the bed. He was obviously in deep sleep. “Yah!” Seohyun snapped at him as she pushed him slightly. He was sleeping across the bed and there was no space for her. She then gave up trying to get him to shower and decided to drag him to his space.

As she was doing it, Kyuhyun jerked and pulled her towards him. “Stop moving. I can’t sleep.” He murmured. “Then wake up and shower and sleep at your own space!” She said trying hard to get off him. “Let me go!” She demanded. Again, there was no response. Kyuhyun was hugging her tightly against his chest and she was trapped between his legs. In other words, Seohyun was being treated like a bolster. She was about to make another fuss when she heard someone knocking the door. “Seohyun-ah, is everything okay?” She heard her mother-in-law’s voice. “Yes Mother! Everything’s fine. Rest well!” She said loudly but politely.

Seohyun sighed again. Looks like she has got to stay in this position until the next morning, or at least when Cho Kyuhyun wakes up and let her go. She tried closing her eyes, but she could not sleep. She could hear Kyuhyun’s heartbeat loud and clear with her ears pressed against his chest. Unknowingly, her heartbeat started to accelerate. This was the first time this has happened, they were never together within such a close proximity. “What the heck are you thinking, Seo Joohyun.” She scolded herself mentally. Sleeping Kyuhyun is definitely much nicer than Annoying Kyuhyun. Slowly, her eyelids became heavy, she then let fatigue take over her.

Seohyun found herself waking up to an empty space beside her. Picking up her phone on the table beside her, it was already 9AM. She forgotten to set the alarm since Kyuhyun pulled her towards him and trapped her there. She then mentally cursed Kyuhyun for making her late and immediately hopped out of the bed to prepare and head towards her music studio.

The day went by quickly for Seohyun. There were also some important documents that needed her review and a teacher called in for sick, hence she needed to fill in her slot. Even being the director of her music studio, she wanted to ensure everything was done properly and students get quality learning. She was about to leave the studio as her phone rang. “Hello? This is Seohyun.” Seohyun greeted politely without checking who the caller was. “Hyun~” The caller replied. “W-who is…Yunho-oppa?” Her eyes opened big. “I’m glad you recognized my voice. How are you?” Yunho asked. “Oppa! Where are you! I’m fine!” She replied excitedly. “I’m in Seoul right now, flew back today from UK. Free to meet up for dinner?” Yunho asked. “Of course! No matter how busy I am, I would definitely make time for you, oppa!” She exclaimed happily. “Alright, meet at our usual place? If you still can remember.” Yunho said. “Okay! See you there!” Seohyun ended the call.

When Seohyun reached the place, Yunho was already seated waiting for her. She smiled widely as she approached the table. “Oppa! I missed you!” She said as she gave Yunho a hug. “How have you been!” She asked as she sat down and looked at the menu. “I’ve been good, doing things I like. What about you?” Yunho replied. “Well…I have my own music studio now, you know that’s my wish right. Besides that…everything’s normal I guess.” Seohyun said as she hesitated at the last few words. “Why the hesitation?” Yunho asked as he sensed her sudden emotion change. “Nothing. I’m hungry! Let’s order!” Seohyun said. She did not want to ruin the good mood now.

They chatted happily over dinner and Seohyun offered to send Yunho back since he was staying in a hotel and would not be staying in Seoul for long. They reached the hotel and Yunho turned around and faced Seohyun. “I was wondering…if you’re already attached?” He asked warily. “Oppa, I’m already married. It was an agreement between my grandparents..I couldn’t refuse it.” Seohyun said sadly. “What..I see..I should visit Aunt and Uncle before I leave. Thank you for tonight, it was really nice seeing you.” Yunho said as he released his seat belt. “It was nice seeing you too. Glad to see all is well for you.” Seohyun smiled. “Alright, rest early. And…you’re getting more and more beautiful, you realized that?” Yunho said. “Thanks oppa, but I’m sure I’m nothing compared to the girls you’ve seen in UK. Goodnight, take care!” Seohyun said as she drove away.