7-4

Bits and Pieces

"Oppa, I'm really fine! Please tell Minho to stop follow me around. He's so annoying!" Joohyun whined to Kyuhyun over dinner. "But I can't let anyone hurt you again. That wound would probably leave a scar, and I don't want another scar to appear." Kyuhyun tried to explain. "But I'm highly skilled, I was just unlucky that day. Please..I don't like anyone to follow me around." Joohyun begged. "Fine..but you have to reply my texts alright? So I will stop worrying." Kyuhyun said as Joohyun compromised.

"And Oppa..I'm sorry. I made you lost the important document that could have benefitted our clan. It's really a pity and.." Joohyun sighed. "It's alright, your safety is what matters most." Kyuhyun took her hands and caressed them gently. Joohyun's heart fluttered, as she smiled shyly. "L-let's tuck in! I'm famished!" Joohyun said quickly.

"Joohyun-ah, Mom and Dad has been asking when are we gonna get married." Kyuhyun popped the question as they took a stroll at the beach in front of their mansion after dinner. "Ma..rriage..?" Joohyun slurred. "How do you feel about me? I know our parents have made a pact, but I would like to know your feelings about this." Kyuhyun said, looking away from Joohyun. "I don't know... It's just that after all these years being around you, it's natural for me to be with you." She replied. "But..do you have feelings for me? Not as a sister to a brother, but a woman to a man." He asked. "Fee...lings...?" These questions were difficult to Joohyun. Never once had she thought she has the chance to even think about her point of view. Her life was pretty much planned, represent the Cho Clan as an assassin, manage the resort and when the right time comes, marriage between her and Kyuhyun would take place. But now, it baffles her to think about her own feelings. What is love? She had never been exposed to such a difficult question despite being a top student in school. These were never mentioned in the books.

"Let's go on a date then. Let's date officially like couples do!" Joohyun suggested, remembering the scenes from typical dramas where couples who were in a relationship would do. Kyuhyun chuckled at Joohyun's reaction, indeed, she did not know about love, but on the other hand, he was a little disappointed. Perhaps she was too innocent to realize all the care and concern he had for her, or perhaps, to her, these were just like how family members treated each other, like a brother to a sister, thus she felt nothing. "Alright, let's go on dates before we officially tie the knot. And Joohyun...I love you." Kyuhyun whispered into Joohyun's ears as he hugged her tightly.

Joohyun closed her eyes, her heart beat racing again. Is this how it's like to love somebody? Her heart felt comfortable and peaceful, like nothing could harm her when he hugs her like this.

===

"Miss Seo, there is a businessman by the name of Jung looking for you at your office. Mr Choi tried attending to him but was rejected. We had no choice but to have him wait for you at your office." Joohyun's assistant reported as Joohyun stepped into the resort. "It's alright, I will meet him. Thank you, Mr Kim." Joohyun nodded as she proceeded to her office.

Mr Jung? There were many business associates by the name of Jung, but they would usually talk to Minho if they had any queries. Why would he insisted on meeting her? Joohyun brushed off her thoughts as she stepped into her office. "Good afternoon Mr...Jung Yonghwa? What are you doing here?" Joohyun asked, not expecting Mr Jung to be this Jung, the guy who kidnapped her when she was badly injured.

"Seo Joohyun! You're finally here. Do you know how long I've waited for you? Two hours!" Yonghwa stood up from the sofa. "What brings you here? Aren't you afraid? This is our territory after all. I could kill you if I want to right now." Joohyun said as she organized her table without looking at Yonghwa. "I'm here to offer you a business agreement." Yonghwa smiled. "Seriously? You think I would accept your agreement?" Joohyun smirked as she continued to disregard Yonghwa. "Seo Joohyun-ssi..I would be honest to say that I did find it a challenge when I realized the resort I wanted to work with was actually part of Cho's clan. But I've been taught to never give up, thus, I would do try everything to make you sign this agreement." Yonghwa said.

Joohyun stopped whatever she was doing and turn to Yonghwa, "So I should be amazed that the Jung's clan anonymous second son has came to me personally. You do know that you're putting your publicity at risk here, even though my colleagues could not even recognize who you were." Yonghwa looked straight into her eyes, "If it's all worth it, a little sacrifice would not matter."

"Hand me the file. I will review it and if it is something that's worth my attention, I would contact you." Joohyun said. She had to be fair and square when it comes to business, anything that could benefit the resort, it doesn't matter who their partner was. After all, contracts have their rules and regulatories.

"There's no file." Yonghwa grinned as he looked at Joohyun. "Wait..what? Are you here to make fun and waste my time?" Joohyun was starting to get mad. "I will talk to you about it verbally, that is my way." Yonghwa insisted. Joohyun sighed, she had things to do and now she has to make time for Jung Yonghwa to give her a verbal speech on his proposal?

"Then come back at 8pm." Joohyun said as her eyes went back to her stacks of documents. "As you should be able to see, I have lots of things on my hand now and I can't simply make time for you just to explain a proposal that may or may not even benefit the resort." She's definitely a leader, Yonghwa thought. "Alright, then I will wait here. There's nowhere I can go, I told my Butler that I would be coming over alone." Yonghwa said as he went back to the sofa. "What?! Okay, whatever that suits you. Just don't, don't bother me." Joohyun said, giving in to Yonghwa.

===

Joohyun stretched her arms as she yawned. Checking her phone, it was already 8.30PM. She was so engrossed in her work, she didn't not even notice the time. Just then, her phone rang. "Oppa! I've just finished my work..no..I think I can use some time to relax a little. Alright..hey wait, I forgot about something, I will just meet you tonight at home. Sorry..Goodbye." Joohyun changed her mind as her eyes wandered to the guy on her sofa while she was still on the phone. She had totally forgotten about Yonghwa who was still waiting for her.

"Jung Yonghwa! Jung Yonghwa-ssi!" Joohyun called and tapped his shoulders. "Y-You're done?" Yonghwa looked up at her as he rubbed his eyes. "Yes I'm done." Joohyun replied. "I'm famished...I skipped lunch to meet you." Yonghwa groaned as he set up slowly. "Then let's hear your proposal over dinner." Joohyun suggested, still amazed that Yonghwa actually waited half a day for her without complaining. He is sincere, she thought. "Really? Let's go then!" Yonghwa face lit up at the mention of food. "My car!" He added as he pulled her arm towards the lift.

Yonghwa stopped over at a small Italian restaurant tuck in a corner of the streets. "I hope you don't mind, I've been craving for some spaghetti ever since last week. No place serves Italian better than this." Yonghwa grinned as he opened the door and gestured Joohyun to get in. It was cosy despite its appearance, and most importantly, quiet.

"So, what's the proposal you've been wanting to offer me?" Joohyun asked after the waiter repeated their order. "Well, I'm suggesting a merger with your resort and ours. Simple as that." Yonghwa said as he looked at her. "What are you talking about? Merger? Jung Yonghwa-ssi, I'm sure you have zero idea of the Cho and Jung Clans' relationship." Joohyun stated as a matter of fact, if not, mocking at Yonghwa's ignorance. "As I've mentioned, I do not bring personal matters into my business. The resort is has been under my management for 10 years, I would not let my sweat go to waste. Do you think I take this proposition lightly?" Yonghwa said. "Even so, why do you have to choose us? There are other bigger and better resorts out there." Joohyun replied. "But they do not need us, don't they? Resorts like ours should work together to get stronger." Yonghwa argued.

Joohyun took a moment to digest Yonghwa's proposal as he continued to describe the details of events that would take place should a merger take place. Sure enough, it was a tempting offer, but something was not right. Jung Yonghwa's family was like an enemy to the Cho's clan, why would their second son make such a tempting offer to them?

"I know you have doubts in me. I just want to make things between the Cho and Jung clans right." Jung Yonghwa said upon looking at Joohyun's expression. Of course, it would be a surprise if Joohyun agree to his proposal so easily. He definitely expected such a situation to occur, her doubting his actions. It kinda sadden him a little too, why, he did not know.

"I need time to consider, and I need to speak to Kyuhyun about this. This is not a matter I can simply decide myself." Joohyun finally said. "Your proposal is definitely attractive, but we don't have trust. I can't trust your words too easily, you should know that very well." She continued. "But I promise I will view your proposal seriously." She smiled. Yonghwa felt a little at ease, her words shows that she does have a little faith in him. "Shall we leave now? I'm feeling a little tired already." Joohyun said as she began picking her bag up.

===

If time could stop, Yonghwa wished it could be now. Joohyun was sitting in the front seat of Yonghwa's car, sleeping peacefully. There was no doubt in her eyes, she was not on her guard just like when she was talking to her. Her breathing was peaceful as it is, comfortably. Yonghwa stared at Joohyun's features intensely, she was wearing light makeup and her skin was porcelain-white, eyelashes were beautifully long. It was only until Joohyun shifted a little in her sleep then he got out of his senses.

"Joohyun-ssi, Seo Joohyun-ssi, wake up, you're home already." Yonghwa said gently. "Y-yeah? We're home..already?" Joohyun said tiredly. We're home already, that sounds nice. Yonghwa thought. "Yeah, go in and rest, and I will hear from you soon." Yonghwa said. "Thank you, Yonghwa-ssi, for the dinner and for the ride home." Joohyun nodded. "You're welcome, goodnight." Yonghwa smiled. Joohyun turned her back as she made her way in the mansion. Yonghwa sighed as he drove home. It was an advancement to him, in fact, a huge one, to get closer to his SJH.