12-4

Bits and Pieces

Yunho could not understand why Seohyun cried when it was clear to him that they shared the same feelings. Did he hurt her? No he did not, he made sure he was gentle yet passionate. He felt lost seeing her tears flow down non-stop. The only thing he could do was to hold her tight and caressed her cheeks and kissed her forehead while waiting for her to stop. His heart was broken thinking that he was the one who made her tears fall.

 “Hey..” He said softly when she finally stopped. Seohyun did not respond. “Seohyun-ah…” Yunho tried again. “Hm?” She said after a while. “How are you feeling?” He asked, his voice has a mixture of concern  and amusement. She looked really cute when she refused to respond, like a child who was clearly upset. 

“I missed you so much, Yunho. So damn much.” Seohyun finally said when she puckered up all her courage and confessed. “Why are you doing this to me?” She asked. “Then let’s start afresh.” Yunho suggested while looking at her straight in the eyes. “You know we can’t, stop giving me false hope Yunho. You are already a married man now.” She argued. “And I am a third party in your relationship again.”

“Damn it Seohyun, you clearly knew I had no feelings for her. It was a forced marriage!” He exclaimed, feeling frustrated all over again. “But she’s my friend, Yunho. I’m committing a shameless sin. It’s my fault, I should not have returned to Korea.” Seohyun said quietly. Just then, the lights went on, and both of them could see each other in their eyes clearly and Yunho could see that Seohyun’s eyes were red and teary. “Please, let us start all over again. Let’s not waste another five years of our lives.” Yunho said, he was closed to begging, and it could make her accept him, he would. “After you left, I tried to forget you Seohyun, but it was too difficult. I tried to accept Yuri, but I couldn’t.” He confessed. He took his hands to the sides of her face and brought her closer to him. “I still love you.” He said softly.

The kind of dilemma Seohyun was in. Why is it so difficult for two lovers who love each other so deeply? Where is the kind of freedom in love where people choose who they want to be with and live happily ever after. 

“Seohyun…I will talk to my family, I will talk to Yuri.” Yunho tried to assure her. Seohyun frowned at the idea. If Yunho really did so, she would be really ruining his reputation. His family was well-known in the nation, there was no way the news could be kept secret. Yunho will forever be branded as the man who cheated on his wife.

“I’m sorry Yunho. I don’t think I want to spend my life with you. That has never come across my mind. To me, you’re just a first love that I was not able to forget easily, but I will someday. I’m tired, please let me rest.” Seohyun said as she pulled herself away from Yunho’s grasps. Yunho’s face was in despair. If he had to choose the most difficult moment of his life, it would be this, and when Seohyun left him five years ago.

“You’re such a wooden block sometimes, Seohyun. It makes me angry and frustrated when you act like that. But you know what? I’m not going to give up. You have made me wait long enough Seohyun, I’m not going to give in to your request just like that.” Yunho declared, and he smirked at Seohyun before standing up. Bending down to give her a quick peck on her lips, he turned his back towards her and left the room. Seohyun’s heart rate accelerated as she sat on the sofa in shock.

Yunho closed his room door as he threw his body on the bed. He got irritated when his phone rang non-stop, without any choice, he pulled himself up and went to get his phone on the table. Looking at the caller’s name, he sighed, it was Yuri. Answering the call, he said nothing.

“Yunho…where are you?” Yuri asked cautiously. “China, for work.” He answered impatiently, clearly could not wait to end the call. “Our parents called, they want to have a dinner with us next week.” Yuri informed. “Ok.” He replied. “You haven’t been coming to the house since the wedding, they are starting to get suspicious.” She said timidly. “So we will be meeting next week.” He answered, as though he could not care less. “Yunho..please, just give this relationship a try. I promise I will do my best to be the wife you will be proud of.” She said, her voice was about to crack from sadness. “We are not talking about this again Yuri. I’m tired, see you next week.” And Yunho ended the call before Yuri could reply. He really did not need this right now. Throwing the phone on the table, he decided that he will sleep the frustration away.

The next few days went by quickly, Yunho wanted to give Seohyun more time to reconsider their relationship. He did not want to scare her away by constantly asking her to be with him. She was scared, and she needed more time, he understood. By the last day of the trip, they had some free time and they decided to go for some sightseeing.

Yunho was being a gentleman to Seohyun the whole time, it was as though they were back to the beginning of their dating stage. To be honest, Seohyun’s heart fluttered a lot when she was with Yunho. The effect he had on her has never changed despite the five years break. He would purposely brush his fingers against her hands as though encouraging her to grab them, or move a little too close to her ears to share with her his opinion of the scenery. It was too much for her to handle, he was torturing her physically and testing her determination.

“Jung Yunho!” Seohyun suddenly said loudly when Yunho brushed his hands against hers. She was getting sensitive and weak to his touches at the same time. Yunho raised his eyebrows at her while shrugging his shoulders, acting like nothing happened. “Stop it.” She warned. Yunho was amused by her outburst, secretly happy that she was affected. And he did not stop. 

There was one point when Seohyun could no longer take his teasing and grabbed his face to pull him for a kiss before letting him go then walk away. He was a little surprised by her action but nonetheless, glad that it happened. After that, Seohyun acted like she did nothing and continued on. She acted all the way like that till they went back to Seoul. Glad that she did not have to be around Yunho all the time because she was getting weaker after each interaction.

When they reported to work the next day, Seohyun was called to Yunho’s office to discuss about the contract. They were in a midst of serious discussion when Yunho’s secretary came in to inform him that Mrs Jung was outside. Seohyun froze at her seat, the Mrs Jung now, would most probably be Yuri. And she was right. It was evident on Yuri’s face that she was shocked to see Seohyun in Yunho’s office. “Seohyun-ah…when did you come back?” It felt more of a statement rather than a question. “Yuri-unnie..I came back a few weeks ago.” Seohyun said as she stood up to greet her. “Ah….is that so. You’ve gotten prettier.” Yuri smiled. “You too, unnie. I will leave the room first.” Seohyun said as she gathered her things and walked out.

“You did not mention that Seohyun was working here.” Yuri said quietly when the door closed. “Why are you here?” Yunho asked without looking up from his documents. “Can’t I be here? Have you forgotten who your wife is?” Yuri said, getting irritated by Yunho’s reply and attitude.

Yunho kept quiet and this made Yuri angrier. “Jung Yunho, I’ve tolerated enough. Don’t you think you’re too much?” She screamed. “Then let’s divorce.” Yunho replied, tone colder than ever. “Divorce? Ha.. You think I will fulfill your wish and make a fool of myself Yunho. Try me, when our parents know about your behavior, you are going to regret treating me like this.” She retorted.

“Suits you, if you think this is the best way, so be it.” Yunho said. Unable to control her anger, Yuri raised her hands and slapped Yunho hard. “Happy?” He looked up to look at her, then went back to his documents. ‘”Please leave, I’m busy.” He remarked, before ignoring her completely.

Yunho knew Yuri would never go to her parents, because her parents would not want her to suffer and would encourage her to divorce him, which was the last thing she would want to do. Besides, she definitely did not want Yunho’s parents to think badly of her. The only thing that she could and try, was to go to Seohyun. 

Seeing that Seohyun was alone in her office, she knocked then went inside before Seohyun could respond. “Yuri-unnie?” Seohyun looked up from her laptop. “Seohyun-ah..please help me.” Yuri’s tone was begging. Somehow, Seohyun knew what she was here for. She looked at Yuri, eyes telling her to continue. “I think Yunho is having an affair with another woman, please tell me if you see any of them visit his office.” Yuri said. She sounded desperate enough. “Unnie…” Seohyun did not know how to react, she was the one whom Yuri wants to find out. “Unnie, I don’t think Yunho-ssi will do this to you. Have some faith in him.” She then said. She was going to tell Yunho that he has to stop all these before she quits the firm. “Sorry Seohyun, for bothering you like that. Maybe we can meet up when you’re free to catch up a little.” Yuri said as she held onto Seohyun’s hands. Seohyun smiled a little then saw Yuri to her door.

Sinking into her chair, she sighed. This was the umpteenth time she has sighed over her and Yunho’s relationship and she thought this should come to an end. Perhaps she should take up her sister’s offer to attend a matchmaking session soon.