2-1

Bits and Pieces

 

“If you’re trying to make me jealous, then stop.” Seohyun snapped at the guy in front of her. “On the contrary, I’m not. I’m just trying to make you realize your feelings for me.” Changmin smirked. “Well, you’ve achieved your intention, so congratulations. But we’re never getting back together.” Seohyun said angrily. “After all these months of our separation, you’re still doubting me? Look, I did not agree to my parents’ decisions. I did not know anything alright!” It was now Changmin’s turn to get angry. “So? You met her, had dinner with her in a fanciful restaurant, and even sent her home. That just proves that you’re more than willing to accept that arranged marriage of yours!” Seohyun replied, half screaming. Without waiting for Changmin’s reply, Seohyun turned and walked towards her car. “And I thought you were different from the other guys I’ve met.” She said before leaving Changmin alone in the alley.

Changmin sighed as he slouched against the wall. “Damn it.”

“Seohyun-ah! Wake up for breakfast!” Yuri called from the stairs. Seohyun rubbed her eyes as stretched her arms upwards. She turned around and saw the photo frame of her and Changmin, his arms wrapped around her shoulders protectively. The angry thoughts started to flood her mind again. Not wanting to see his face for now, she slammed the photo frame faced- down on the table then went downstairs to join Yuri for breakfast.

“Good morning Seo~” Her sister chirped brightly. “Morning unnie.” She replied. “What’s wrong with my precious little sister? You look so vexed.” Yuri asked, fully aware of the reason. “Unnie…your boyfriend’s best friend is driving me nuts. I feel like giving up already.” Seohyun exclaimed. “But my boyfriend’s best friend is trying hard too, and I can be the best witness. Seriously Seo, you need to trust him, and trust yourself. You know his feelings for you.” Yuri said. “This isn’t enough, it’s not enough to put off the fact that he is engaged to some other girl out there while trying to get me back, this feeling is so horrible.” Seohyun frowned at the thoughts. It was too overwhelming for her, her tears have been drained for the past few months, she no longer tear at the slightest mention of their problem. All she felt was the vent up frustrations that she has been experiencing.

“Give him some time, Seo. You know this is beyond control. Besides, you should have make use of our family background. Perhaps his parents would have agreed on your relationship.” Yuri laughed. “Unnie. That’s the problem, I do not want a relationship that is built based on wealth and power. It’s just unrealistic.” Seohyun reasoned. “But if you do know that Changmin isn’t that kind of guy who would choose wealth and power over love, then this could be an advantage.” Her sister insisted.

“Aigo…anyway, I will be attending Dad’s company’s function tonight. He insisted on me going ever since he learned about our break up, using socializing as an excuse to heal my wounded heart.” Seohyun said with a hint of sarcasm. “Alright, I hope you find a good guy then~ Yunho and I will be there too.” Yuri teased. “Unnie, you!” Seohyun frowned.

“Dad! Please, call of the wedding between me and Yeonhee. She has her own partner too, and you’re causing the both of us to be in misery.” Changmin debated, this is the nth time he’s doing this. Despite the countless of attempts, his father would not give in, giving reasons like he should be married to a girl who has an equal background with him. “Dad, Seohyun’s family is doing well. Quit judging her!” He tried to reason again. “You will go to the function with Yeonhee, and that’s final. Now leave, I need to carry on with my work here, unless you want to help me.” His father said, having no intention in carrying on with the conversation.

Changmin plopped himself on his bed. He will talk to Yeonhee tonight, ask her beg her father, or maybe tell her father that he cheated on her. That might make them call of the wedding, if this could help, tarnishing his own reputation would be worth it. If only Seohyun knows how hard he’s trying to get back with her.

Changmin then changed into his tuxedo and got in the car to fetch Yeonhee from her place. The journey was normal, after all, they were both feeling the same way about this marriage and was against it. As they reached the hotel, he allowed Yeonhee to hang her arms around his, as a form of courtesy. Walking in the ballroom gracefully, a girl caught the sight of Changmin. It was Seohyun talking to another guy happily. Feeling jealous, he walked over and introduced himself and Yeonhee to them.