3-5

Bits and Pieces

 

Seohyun returned to her hotel after ten hours of conference, she was dead tired, but nothing could keep her from going out of the room after a shower. Yonghwa has agreed to meet up with her at the café in the hotel, and she was definitely looking forward to it, fidgeting in her seat the whole day while trying to concentrate on the conference. After showering, she heard the doorbell rang, and she knew it was Yonghwa. “Please give me a moment, let me dress up then we can leave.” Seohyun said. Yonghwa in his smart casual wear, simply nodded as he set in the living room and watched the television programs.

“Let’s go!” Seohyun came out a moment later from her bedroom, wearing a bright colored semi-formal dress. Seohyun was over the moon, even though she did not know how to start the conversation with Yonghwa, or rather, she did not know where to start filling him in with. He has missed out so much over the past two years, her life, his parents, her sadness. How she wished she could just convey them in that instance.

“Yong…thank you for agreeing to meet me tonight. This..really means a lot to me.” Seohyun smiled happily. “I guess you’re the only source to know about my past. So tell me, whatever you’ve been trying to tell me yesterday.” Yonghwa said casually. “I….I don’t know where to start.” Seohyun smiled, embarrassed. “Tell me more about myself then.” Yonghwa said.

“Hmm…we met 9 years ago in high school, you were my senior of two years, to be precise, we were set up on a blind date by our friends.” Seohyun chuckled as she remembered the scene that day. “We started out slow, just like casual friends, and our feelings started to develop, it was a mutual thing. You were always so accommodating, so attentive, and funny, eyes shining brightly whenever you’re describing a joke to me. The day you asked me to be your girlfriend, you were so embarrassed, but so cute.” Seohyun continued, smiling to herself as she looked down at the ground.

Yonghwa listened attentively, all these sounded too familiar, but did he really do all these? Then why couldn’t he remember any of those memories that Seohyun told him. He continued staring at her eyes, mesmerized by them as he took in every details. “Well…that’s pretty much for now…” Seohyun said as she looked at her watch to read the time. “Ah…it’s 11pm already! I need to go back to catch a wink before the next conference starts at 8am. Let’s walk back!” Seohyun jumped up from her seat. Yonghwa chuckled at Seohyun’s randomness and stood up, taking his place beside her.

They were chatting as Yonghwa introduced to her some places in Japan and promised to bring her there the next day when she has some free time on her own. Seohyun nodded happily as she tripped, falling on the road as a car sped towards her. Luckily, Yonghwa caught her in time as he pulled her back. Yonghwa did not realized he was hugging Seohyun so tightly, it was when Seohyun coughed a little, he then released her slowly, making sure she was alright. “Thanks Yong…you saved me again.” She smiled. At that moment, Yonghwa felt a splitting headache as he clutched he head tightly, squatting down on the pavement. Seohyun became worried as she had her arms around him. “Yong! What happened, are you alright?”

=====

The picture was perfect. He was sitting down on a bench as he wrapped his arms around a girl tightly. They were laughing happily as they talked about their future. He kissed her forehead continuously as the girl talked about how she wanted to decorate their future house. He felt so blissful to have her by his side, this wonderful girl.

“Yong!” Yonghwa heard a familiar voice calling out to him. “Hyun….?”  Yonghwa replied, as he tried to open his eyes. “Yes I’m here, are you alright? You gave me a shock!” Seohyun said as she tried to keep her tears from falling. “I’m alright, Hyun…” He said weakly, his head still hurts a little, but he was more than happy to see her. “Thank goodness…wait…what did you call me?” Seohyun said warily, not wanting to pin too much hopes, thinking she might have heard wrongly. “Hyun? Or did I said it wrongly, Hyu~un?” Yonghwa smiled. “You called me…Hyun? By my nickname..?” Seohyun tried to calm herself down. “Yeah why? Have your worries made you lost your mind?” Yonghwa teased.

“N-no…JUNG YONGHWA! I missed you so so so much, oh god.” Seohyun said as she grabbed him, hugging him tightly. “What’s wrong, baby? Hey…” Yonghwa asked worriedly. “No, nothing…I’m just so happy.” Seohyun said as tears began falling down.

End.


I was listening to Yonghwa's version of Banmal Song when I was on the way to school today. It wasn't intentional, the playlist shuffled randomly. And then it hit me, how much I missed this couple even though I was busy going crazy at Seohyun's interaction with other guys. Honestly, I watched WGM without knowing Seohyun or Yonghwa well. To be even more honest, I didn't have a good impression of SNSD initially since my friends around told me they were "plastic" and all. I did not know why I actually started watching them, maybe because Joongbo couple was in Season 1, and since it was Season 2, I was hoping to see something similar there you know.

And I realized how innocent and pure Seohyun is. Many told me it was all an act, in front of the camera, but honestly, you can see if someone is genuine through their eyes and actions. I choose to believe what I saw, and not what others have perceived. So I began to look at SNSD in another light, and here I am now. I guess the only thing that attracted me to Seohyun was her personality. She's different in her way, stubborn with her own perspective of life, and I admire her for being so disciplined despite the lifestyle.

It's their 1000th day today, I will not hope for something like "I hope they are real." because I feel that it is important to respect their personal life. Whoever Seohyun ends up with, it's her choice and we should respect her. But the bond they shared during WGM days, no one can deny it no matter how much they refused to accept it.

Well with that, Yongseo part has ended! Just in time for their 1000th day update~ I will prolly be coming up with another story with another pairing. Already have a plot in mind..