6-3

Bits and Pieces

Seohyun found herself in a dark room with a set of table and chairs. Someone's back view welcomed her as she took small and careful steps towards the person. "Ex-excuse me.." Seohyun said politely and softly. "Dad!!" Seohyun cried in shocked and happiness. It was good to see someone who could see and hear her. "Dad!! Where am I? Why can't I go back to Kyuhyun and Jihyun, Mom and Yuri-unnie!" Seohyun burst into tears as her father hugged her tightly. It was then a thought hit her..hard. Her father had passed away when she was 15, due to health reasons. And if Seohyun could interact with her father..it could only mean one thing. She was dead too.

"No...no..Dad, tell me I'm not dead. Please...I need them. They need me too. Jihyun is still young." Seohyun shook her head vigorously. "Seohyun-ah.. hush now. Dad is going to tell you what to do, so please listen to me." Her father said lovingly as he her head slowly. "You're not dead, because your time is not up yet. But...something is stopping you from returning back. And the obstacle is none other than yourself." He explained. "My-myself? But why? I want to go back, nothing's stopping me to go back." Seohyun asked confusedly.

"Can you remember what happened to you?" He asked. "No..please tell me." Seohyun begged. She wants to know so badly. "On the day of your accident, you received a call from Victoria, asking to meeting her at a mall because she had something to pass to Kyuhyun and she wanted you to receive it instead. Upon reaching the place, however, you saw Victoria hugging Kyuhyun and even attempted to kiss him. You ran out of the mall, and got ran over by a speeding car."

So that was why Kyuhyun and Yuri was so mad at Victoria. But what was stopping her from returning to her body? What was the obstacle? "You got to forgive and forget. The grudge you held against Victoria and Kyuhyun is the obstacle that's stopping you from returning. "But how do I do that? What can I do to fulfill those?" Seohyun asked as she felt her father disappearing. "Think, my daughter, think..."

Seohyun sat on the armchair in the master bedroom. She stared at the wedding photo that has been hung since the day they got married. Nothing has changed, perhaps only time has edged its existence on their faces. Was she bearing a grudge all this while? Why couldn't she let go? All these thoughts ran through her mind as she continued to stare blankly at their wedding photo. What can she do to forgive Victoria? She knew that Victoria has been regretting her actions already, and she felt sorry for the way  her family had treated her back in the hospital.

=====

"Victoria.." Seohyun said softly as she looked at the lady in front of her. Victoria looked shocked, it was uncommon for Seohyun to look for her, they would only meet each other when Kyuhyun brings her along. "Seohyun-ah...what are you doing here? Are you fine now?" Victoria asked, as guilt starts to creep in again. "I need your help, Victoria. Clear my doubts, why did you meet Kyuhyun that day?" Seohyun asked, she figured that she needed to have a clear understanding of the whole situation before she could fully forgive Victoria and return to her family. "I..I'm sorry Seohyun-ah..I didn't mean to do that. This stupid idea just came up to me, perhaps I was jealous of your relationship. You had someone who loves you whole-heartedly, while my relationship has always been on the rocky side." Victoria paused as she took another deep breath to ease her shaky voice. "I was desperate, desperate for someone who could treat me like Kyuhyun does towards you...so...I thought I could get him..I'm really sorry for pulling such a dirty trick on you. I am ashamed of myself too." Victoria confessed as a lump formed in and tears threatening to fall.

Seohyun remained quiet as she tried to digest Victoria's explanation. She felt awfully mad. Part of her wanted to scream at Victoria, question her motive all along, why did she pulled such a dirty stunt and almost caused her life. But Seohyun also felt sympathy for Victoria. It is perhaps human nature for one to be envious of another, and would probably hope or even die for to be in a situation they have always dreamt of. She did something unexpectedly, placing her hands on Victoria's and gave them a squeeze. "I forgive you Victoria, I forgive you." Seohyun said softly. "Wh-what? Seohyun-ah, you don't have to do this! I don't deserve this at all." Victoria exclaimed. "This is not only for you, it's for myself and my family. I have to forgive you, to return to my family without any misunderstandings." Seohyun explained.

So this was what her father has been telling her all along. Forgiving truly from her heart, and not for the sake of not ruining the relationship. He taught her to understand the situation before jumping into conclusions and accusing her family for something they have not done.

=====

"Daddy! I saw Mommy's fingers moved!" Jihyun exclaimed excitedly. "Baby...Mommy's still weak..but she will get better. I know you're sad but.." "DADDY! LOOK!!" Jihyun ignored her father's words and shouted once more. "Seo...Seohyun-ah!!! Jihyun! Stay here, Daddy's getting the doctor!!"

 


Hello people, I am really sorry for not updating this story. I'm actually ending Seokyu's story abruptly. Honestly I have no idea why did I even start a story that I have no idea how to continue. I was torn between deleting the two parts that I have previously uploaded and replace it with another Seokyu story, but with readers commenting about it, I felt extremely guilty. Anyway, I am really sorry for ending this story abruptly, I will be working on another story, and if you have any preference on who Seohyun should be paired with, feel free to leave a suggestion. Should the storyline I've came up with suits the character, I would definitely pair him with Seohyun. Thank you, for still being here.