5-1

Bits and Pieces

 

It was 2am. Seohyun punched the buttons on her phone furiously as she ran her fingers through her hair. However, her mind was filled with different images and possibilities that may occur. Jaejoong did not picked up his phone, nor did he replied her messages, and it was the second day in a row. She tried contacting his close friends, but neither of them knew where was he. She was tired, dead tired. But most of all, she was dead worried. worried that something may happen to her boyfriend.

Maybe Jaejoong was tired of her prim and proper life? Maybe he came to realized that she wasn't the one he was looking for all along? Maybe he just needed some time alone without her?

Every second, Seohyun's thoughts shifted more to the negative side. Even if Jaejoong were to leave her, a message from him right now  to end their relationship would put her at ease. At the very least, she can be sure Jaejoong is safe, unlike now, no news of him at all.

Just then, the door to their apartment unlocked as Seohyun rushed towards the living room. To only find a very tired Jaejoong staring back at her. "Kim Jaejoong, may you please explain where have you been for the past two days?" Seohyun asked calmly, trying to suppress her emotions, hoping to extract information from him without them fighting.

"Is this how you greet your tired boyfriend?" Jaejoong replied sheepishly as he walked towards her and pulled her into his embrace harshly. Seohyun was angry, really angry. Didn't he know how worried she was for the past two days? "Did you not hear my question? Where were you?" She asked again, this time, her voice was slightly louder.

"Sorry baby, I was at the hospital. My grandfather was in a critical condition, and my phone went out of battery. Sorry to make you worry." Jaejoong explained. "You could have used the freaking public phone! Don't you know how freaking worried I was? I was about to make a police report until you showed your stupid figure!" This time round, her tears fell uncontrollably. "I'm really sorry, I promise to call the next time round, alright? Hush, don't cry." Jaejoong soothed her down and he caressed her tear-stained cheeks before kissing her tears away.

"I'm tired, I'm going to bed." Was all Seohyun managed to say as she pushed herself lightly away from Jaejoong and walked towards their bedroom. She needed some time on her own and she was not going to forgive him this easily. Jaejoong sighed as he followed behind her. He knew it would be difficult to appease her anger as he did went overboard this time round. But he had no choice but to keep whatever he was doing from her, if it meant putting her out of danger, he would rather let her stay angry at him.

Jaejoong finished washing up as he joined Seohyun in bed. He wrapped his arms gently around her and gave her a peck on the crown of her head as he whispered goodnight. He knew Seohyun was till awake but he did not want to push his luck, not when Seohyun is mad at him.

=====

The next morning, Seohyun woke up later than usual since she was exhausted the night before and she had no school that day. She then saw a note on the dresser table beside their bed left by Jaejoong before he left.

'Good morning, baby. I'm leaving for work early, need to catch up with the work. Will message you later, I love you.'

Seohyun sighed as she put the note back to where she found it. She couldn't stay mad at Jaejoong for long, and since he was back safe and sound, she felt that she needed to treasure their time together more than ever. Since she was free for the whole day, she took her time to clean up and left the house. She decided to give Jaejoong a surprise visit and have lunch together.

As Seohyun reached Jaejoong's company, not wanting to trouble his secretary, she took out her phone and tried to dial his number, but to no response. She tried leaving him a message, in the case that he was in a meeting and couldn't answer her phone, but upon waiting for 20 minutes, she decided to go up to his office. Entering his personal level, Jaejoong's secretary immediately stood up from her desk and greeted her as Seohyun bowed back. "Hi, is Jaejoong oppa very busy? I couldn't get through his phone." Seohyun asked politely. "I'm sorry Miss Seo, but Mr Kim has took two weeks off from work three days ago." His secretary said apologetically.

"O-oh...okay...thank you. I will get going...thanks again." Seohyun said absent-mindedly as she retreated back to the lift. She was confused by her feelings that instance, she felt embarrassed when Jaejoong's secretary told her about his leave. As his girlfriend, she knew nothing of it and had to hear it through a third party. But most of all, what puzzled her was, why did Jaejoong lied to her?