5-3

Bits and Pieces

 

Seohyun went home the following day after receiving a text from Jaejoong, saying that he would be waiting for her, to explain to her his problems. Despite being reluctant, because her heart was afraid that Jaejoong might want to ask for a break up, Yoona insisted that Seohyun listened to his reasons before judging on the current situation. "He may have his reasons, so, go!" Which was what Yoona told her before shoving her out of her apartment. "If he indeed let you down, your room is always empty for you. And the rest of us will kill him. So stop worrying alright!"

Seohyun sighed as she alighted from the cab and dragged her steps to their door. To her surprise, Jaejoong had already rushed towards the door before she could input the security pin. He was waiting for her eagerly and sprung towards the door as he heard her footsteps approaching.

"Seo....baby..." Jaejoong said timidly, trying to assess Seohyun's facial expression in case he pressed on the wrong button. "What?" Seohyun replied coldly, consistently trying to maintain her composure, as she did not want to break down in front of Jaejoong. "I'm sorry, I really am." Jaejoong started. He knew he had stepped over the boundaries and betrayed her trust, but there was nothing that can stop him from gaining it back. Seohyun gave a forced laughed and said, "Sorry? Do you think a simple sorry makes up for all these that I've been through lately? For all the times that you have been lying to me, all sorts of negative thoughts that went through my mind. Do you think a plain sorry makes up for everything?"

Jaejoong stared at her for a moment, trying to understand her feelings. "Seo, I apologize for lying to you, that, I'm really sorry. But please, hear me out first alright?" He said calmly. Seohyun removed her shoes as she plopped herself down on the sofa. Jaejoong took it as a cue that she wanted to hear him out, and followed behind her. Sitting beside her, he slowly faced her as he took her hands in his.

"Seo, my father's company was threatened. And to be exact, someone got killed." Jaejoong confessed. Seohyun turned her head towards Jaejoong and stared at him in horror. "Someone...got, killed?" Seohyun said in disbelief. "Yes, my father's right hand man was killed. And...the police has suspected my father." Jaejoong sighed. "What...how did...oh god..."

"Those days that I did not contact you, I was actually in Japan. I couldn't just come back anytime because the enemies may follow me, and I might drag you into this trouble. Can you please, understand me now?" Jaejoong asked gently. "Jae...I'm..I'm sorry. I didn't know what you were going through. Does your mother not know about this too?" Seohyun asked. "She doesn't know, my father just informed that he would be overseas for business for a month, since he does it pretty often." Jaejoong replied. "And what is your role in this? You're in danger I supposed." Seohyun said. "I'm trying to track down the killer, in fact, I've gotten evidence. I just need to hand them over to the police tomorrow, when father is back from Japan. I will be meeting him there. Now listen to me, I need you to stay at home tomorrow. No matter what, do not leave the house. Me being here is already risking your life, but you just won't listen to me, and I miss you. So, will you please listen to me for once?" Jaejoong said softly as he looked into Seohyun's teary eyes.

"Jae...what if..." "I will be back safely, I promise." As though Jaejoong could read her thoughts."Then I promise you too."

=====

Despite Jaejoong's continuous assurance that nothing would go wrong and that he will be fine, Seohyun was feeling extremely nervous and could not get to sleep. How could she, when Jaejoong might be in danger. She mentally scolded herself, to think that she even thought Jaejoong was meeting another girl and wanted a break up.

"Sleep, baby. I love you." Jaejoong said as he pulled her closer to his body and hugged her tight. Jaejoong knew that he had just made an empty promise. From what he had been through in Japan, he knew the enemies would not let him off so easily. Hence, he needed Seohyun to promise him first, at least her safety was ensured.

Seohyun woke up exceptionally early, or rather, she did not managed to catch a wink. She felt the need to prepare breakfast for Jaejoong, and spend every moment with Jaejoong, because part of her had a bad feeling about this.

"Hey, you made breakfast!" Jaejoong said as he scratched his tousled hair. "Yeah, come eat before you leave." Seohyun managed to sound brightly, hiding any sort of fear."Thanks baby, and good morning!" Jaejoong gave her a peck on her lips as he settled down and dig in.

"Seo...stop looking at me like that. I know what you're thinking, I will be fine." Jaejoong could no longer feign ignorance and assured Seohyun. "Jae...I can't... I feel so uneasy right now. Bring me with you...please." Seohyun said as tears unknowingly rolled down her eyes. "I can't, the police would think that you're involved too. I don't want to drag you into this. Trust me, I will be fine." Jaejoong said, coming up with the most practical reason to stop her from following him. Seohyun sighed deeply, she knew that there was nothing she could do to persuade Jaejoong, it was clear in his tone that there was no longer any room for any negotiation.

"Alright, but contact me once you've reached the police station." Seohyun said. "Don't worry, I will."

Jaejoong helped Seohyun with the dishes and took his coat, getting ready to leave for the police station. Approaching the door, Jaejoong was about to turn the knob as he was trapped in a tight embrace. Seohyun was reluctant to let Jaejoong leave, knowing that he may be in danger anytime he stepped out of their apartment. Turning around, Jaejoong tightened their embrace as he kissed the crown of Seohyun's. "Hey..I love you, don't cry." He said gently while caressing her back.

"I love you too, really, even though you have put me in a miserable state for the past few weeks. I need you in my life, so be responsible and come back safely." Seohyun managed between sobs. Jaejoong nodded his head as he released himself from Seohyun and walked out.

=====

Few hours later, Seohyun paced around the house as she checked her phone every second. Jaejoong has not contacted her yet. 4 hours... 8 hours... She could no longer stay calm as she rushed out of the house to the police station that Jaejoong has told her the night before.

Seohyun rushed through the entrance of the police station as she went towards the counter. "Excuse me, has this person, Kim Jaejoong, made a police report hours ago?" Seohyun said. "I'm sorry miss, we are not allowed to give away any confidential information." The policeman replied. "Look, this concerns a person's life! Kim Jaejoong is in danger! Please...tell me if he did or did not!" Seohyun demanded. The policeman hesitated before searching in the system. "I'm sorry, we have no records of the person you have mentioned." The policeman said.

"N-no...please check again...there might be a mistake...right?" Seohyun shook her head in disbelief as her tears covered her vision. "I'm sorry, I've double checked, there is no record of Mr Kim Jaejoong." The policeman repeated. "T-thanks...." Seohyun muttered as she held onto the chair for support before regaining her composure. Jaejoong's phone was off, and there was no way she could reach him.

Just then, Seohyun's phone rang, and it was Jaejoong's father.

"Hi Mr Kim..." "Seohyun-ah! Come over to the hospital now..." Jaejoong's father cut her through and said. "Eh? H-hospital...?" Seohyun replied as different scenes flashed through her mind. She ended the call in a polite manner as she got on a cab.

"I'm sorry, Seohyun, I put Jaejoong in danger, he did not have to interfere in my affairs, but he did." Jaejoong's father apologized as he patted Seohyun's back. "N-no....Jaejoong is your son, he should do everything he could to help you." Seohyun replied. The feeling was horrible. Jaejoong was shot at his stomach as he shielded his father. Even though the doctor did mentioned that everything was in control, part of her was still worried sick. She clutched tightly onto Jaejoong's hands, praying to hope that he would be safe and sound, as she continued crying.

"Ugly girl, are you gonna continue crying?" Her favorite voice sounded in her head. It wasn't a dream.

 


Hey everyone. I'm a horrible author, I know. I haven't been able to update recently, in fact, my studies have been occupying my mind for the past few months. It's really tiring, and I feel so guilty whenever I see notifications of comments on my screen. Honestly, this part has already been in my computer since last month. I had it half written for at least 2 months, but I had problems trying to make the story interesting enough, to meet your expectations. I'm still not satisfied, however, I have to complete one to move on to the other. Please forgive me :(