7-6

Bits and Pieces

While the operations of the new resort plan went well, Joohyun had not been able to contact Yonghwa since the opening ceremony. Whenever she calls him, it would automatically be sent to his voicemail. She tried contacting his butler, Mr Kim, but he would just say Yonghwa was busy with the family's business. Joohyun was frustrated that the person liaising with her now was one of the Jung's clans representative.

"Are you sure you're going to continue ignoring Miss Seo?" Butler Kim asked Yonghwa, who had suddenly spent most of his days in the office. Yonghwa stared at the file he was holding without answering Mr Kim. Of course he wasn't focusing on the file, how could he when his mind was somewhere else? Butler Kim sighed. "You have a guest coming over right now, please be prepared for it." It was worrying to see Yonghwa behaving differently. Joohyun's marriage with Kyuhyun definitely had a strong impact on him. "Your guest has arrived, I will leave the room now." Butler Kim announced as he heard a soft knock on the door. He nodded at the guest before closing the door.

"Jung Yonghwa-ssi!" A familiar voice called Yonghwa's name. Yonghwa looked up from his file as he stared at the lady in front of him. "How..what are you doing here, Miss Seo? Or should I call you Mrs Cho?" Yonghwa said sarcastically. "Why did you stop liaising with me for the resort? Is this your way of doing things? Achieve then abandon?" Joohyun questioned him. "What? Isn't it the same, you're liaising with a representative of the Jung clan." Yonghwa replied indifferently. "Why are you doing this? You spent so much time persuading me to take up your business proposition, and now you're acting like that?" Joohyun retorted. "Seo Joohyun-ssi, I don't get what you mean. We are doing business for the good of our own clan, not us individually. I don't get why you should be this upset." Yonghwa replied.

Hurt was shown all over Joohyun's face as she digested Yonghwa's words. Maybe he was right, why did she became overly concerned when Yonghwa stopped contacting and pestering her like before. It was after all, just business that benefits both parties. So why did she became so emotionally involved? "I understand now. I'm sorry for wasting your time disputing over something so meaningless." Joohyun said as her eyes looked down. Without giving Yonghwa a second look, she left his office.

Yonghwa regretted his actions the moment Joohyun turned her back on him. Why did he acted so emotionally. He threw in so much effort to get into her good books. So why did he screw up this time round? Yonghwa sighed as he rest his head on the table, head running through different scenarios to ask for her forgiveness.

===

"Joohyun-ah, you're so beautiful." Kyuhyun said as he stared at Joohyun with the wedding gown on. He finally managed to get her to try the wedding gowns on, since their wedding would be in a few weeks' time. Joohyun smiled slightly at Kyuhyun as she stared at herself in the mirror. She's finally going to get married to Kyuhyun. She always knew she would, but she was never prepared for it. She sighed silently as she recalled the incident between her and Yonghwa. Would he attend her wedding? She hope he would, she wished he would talk to her as before, make her laugh with his corny jokes like before. It helped her to relieve stress from work, and she was slowly letting herself loose.

"Joohyun-ah, Joohyun...?" Kyuhyun called as he tried getting her attention. "Ah, yes oppa. Sorry I was a little distracted." Joohyun said. "It's alright, I'm sorry I need to meet my father. There's something important I have to discuss with him. Meet me at home when you're done okay? My parents want to have dinner with us." Kyuhyun said as he picked his coat, preparing to leave. "Okay, see you tonight." Joohyun smiled a little as she waved goodbye to Kyuhyun. Turning around, she found Kyuhyun's phone lying on the table. "This careless oppa.." She muttered to herself as she quickly changed out of the wedding gown and  made her way to the Cho's mansion.

===

"Dad, what is this?" Kyuhyun said coldly as he placed the brown envelope on his father's table. Kyuhyun's father picked up the document as he scanned through the details. "How did you.." His father looked at him shockingly. "You and Mom have never told me exactly how Joohyun joined our family. You told me she was just an orphan you all adopted, and I accepted it. Now we're getting married, and I felt the need to find her parents. Look what I've found..." Kyuhyun smirked. "Kyuhyun-ah...it's not what you think.. It was a moment of folly." His father tried to explain. "A moment of folly?! You killed her parents!!"

Something dropped and broke. Kyuhyun and his father turned around immediately and found Joohyun kneeling on the ground just outside the door. "Joohyun-ah!" Kyuhyun said as he hurried over to her side. "Joohyun-ah! It's not what you think." Kyuhyun's father said as he stood in front of her, trying to get her attention. Joohyun stood up as she shook off Kyuhyun, half running out of the mansion. "Joohyun!" Kyuhyun called after her as he caught her wrist. "Joohyun please, listen to me!" Kyuhyun begged. Joohyun looked at him emptily, her eyes were drown with emotions, she wore no expression on her face.

"Trust me, I only knew about this recently. I will do everything to make it up to you. Trust me, please.." Kyuhyun said as he held Joohyun's face. Kyuhyun began to feel afraid. He had never encountered Joohyun like this. Without looking at Kyuhyun, Joohyun began to walk away, and Kyuhyun knew better not to follow her before she does something out of hand.

Speeding in her car, Joohyun bit her lips. She was confused, the people she has been living with for the past few years, were actually the culprit of her parent's death. She felt betrayed, but worst of all, she did not know what else to feel. Why wasn't she crying like any other kid who would in her case? For once, she hated the memory she lost. She stopped the car as she hit her head in frustration, as though it would help to regain the long lost memory. What was it like to be loved by parents? She did not know. She was taught to be loyal to the clan, to be respectful to the elders, that's all. Unknowingly, she dialed Yonghwa's number, hoping he would pick up.

Yonghwa could not believe his eyes when he saw Joohyun's number flashing on his screen. He answered the call almost immediately, sounding a little too excited. However, his heart began to pound faster as he heard Joohyun's voice. He began to feel worried as he immediately made his way to the place where she is.

===

"What is it like to be loved by parents?" Joohyun asked as she continued staring at the sea of darkness in front of them, without giving Yonghwa a glance. "Something you can never experience elsewhere, the only people you can turn to when everyone turns you away." Yonghwa responded, eyes not leaving her. "And what if your parents were killed by someone you respected all these while?" She replied.

Yonghwa kept his silence, he was a little too shocked to hear that, and also he did not know how to reply her. He tried imaging the scenario happening to himself, but it was too painful to do so. He could never imagine someone his respects killing his parents, and no way would he allow that to happen.

"Joohyun..did something happened? Why are you asking such questions?" Yonghwa asked warily. "For once, I really wished I had my memory back, even a glimpse of whatever happened back then." Joohyun sobbed. "Why is everything wiped out from my mind? I can't even remember I lost my memory to even ask anything about it. Other people experience flashbacks, extreme headaches, but me.. all left with an empty shell with no collection of anything." She cried harder now.

Yonghwa's heart ache as he sees her slowly crumble, vulnerable in front of him. He said nothing, allowing her to vent her frustrations to him, and he pulled her closer to make her feel secure. That was why she did not remember a single thing about their past. The lively Joohyun he knew years ago, had lost her memory. But at the very least, they met each other again. The both of them said nothing, they were in fact, comfortable in silence too.

===

"I'm sorry Kyuhyun-oppa. You should understand." Joohyun said after taking a sip from her cup, as she pushed the beautiful diamond ring towards Kyuhyun. "Thank you for taking care of me all these years, and of course, loving me. I'm sorry we ended things this way." she continued. Her heart ached as she said those words to Kyuhyun, the guy who has been with her after she lost her memory, the guy who made her felt a sense of belonging.

"I understand, I'm sorry Joohyun, for causing you all these pain. I apologize on the behalf of my family. I don't think that alone is sufficient." Kyuhyun said as he stared into Joohyun's face, trying to spot any expression of hers, in case he missed it. "It's alright, the dead can never come back. It's not your fault anyway." Joohyun replied. "Anyway, I should get going soon."

"Joohyun-ah..I know I am in no position to say this but, if you need someone, just know that I will always be there for you. Call me when you need me and.. take care of yourself." Kyuhyun said as he pulled her into a hug, trying hard to keep this feeling in mind.

"Thank you oppa, take good care of yourself too. Yonghwa is waiting for me, I need to go. Goodbye." Joohyun left Kyuhyun's embrace as she left the cafe and got on Yonghwa's car.


Hi! My supposedly short story is getting looonger thus I need to end it somewhere. It is difficult to end such stories, well to me, so I'm ending it here! If you're confused, Joohyun is actually moving to Yonghwa's house, helping with their clan now. Does it help a little? Guess you can pretty much figure out what will happen in the future.

My next story will be up soon. I kinda got a little idea after a small encounter today. I'm not sure how the story is going to flow though, that is pretty much the headache part. Anyway, thanks for reading! See you in my next story! :)