7-5

Bits and Pieces

"I disagree." Kyuhyun replied sternly. "Oppa, but this is a good opportunity, Yonghwa-ssi has came up with a good proposition. This would definitely benefit our resort.." "Yonghwa-ssi? So you address him without his last name already?" Kyuhyun interfered before Joohyun could complete her sentence. "Kyuhyun-oppa we're not that close, please don't pick on such matters. I'm serious about the resort's expansion." Joohyun tried explaining. "And I'm not serious? You clearly do know that the Jungs have always been our family's enemies, and most importantly, that chap kidnapped you! How can you even consider taking up his business proposal? And Joohyun, you lied to me. You had dinner with Jung Yonghwa last night when you told me you had matters to attend to. Tell me how I'm supposed to feel." Kyuhyun said agitatedly.

"You're upset, I will leave the room to let you cool down. Let's talk another time." Joohyun sighed as she turned her heels and head towards the door. "Joohyun-ah, no." Kyuhyun grabbed her arm and pulled her into his embrace. Kyuhyun knew he was being unreasonable, taking in personal grudges, but Joohyun had such an important place in his heart, this threat was too much for him to take. "I don't want you to leave me with bad thoughts in my head, I can't concentrate. I'm sorry.." Kyuhyun said, closing his eyes to control his emotions.

"Let's get married then, you will trust me better right? We can eliminate such factors when we talk about business." Joohyun suggested. "What? But you.." "Isn't it a sooner or later thing? Kyuhyun-oppa, I know where I will be one year, or even five years down the road. We're gonna get married sooner or later, and we can do it now. As for now, I don't think I can find anyone who treats me better than you, oppa.." Joohyun said. "But I don't want you to regret." Kyuhyun said. "I won't.." Joohyun replied. "But you have to promise me that you will trust me, and trust that every decisions I've made and questions that I've asked, has nothing to do with feelings for another guy. I'm happy as I am right now. I don't need anyone else."

"I'm sorry Joohyun, I did not mean to doubt your trust, I just do not trust Jung Yonghwa." Kyuhyun said softly. "It's okay. We can talk about the marriage with Uncle and Aunty over dinner tonight." Joohyun smiled. "If that's what you really want..let's do it." Kyuhyun said as he leaned over to peck Joohyun on her lips. "Kyu..I'm..I'm busy, I need to go." Joohyun blushed. It was their first kiss as a couple, Joohyun was nervous and shy and immediately exited the room.

===

The next few days were hectic, following the agreement of the proposal with the Jung's clan, Joohyun had a truckload of business to attend to. Since it was their first time working together, Joohyun had to source out different business methods, to ensure that the Cho clan would not suffer any losses should the Jung clan does something against them. It was after all, a huge leap in improving the relationship between the Chos and the Jungs.

"Yes I know, please, just tell them the details, and follow up with me when they've replied. Thank you." Joohyun sighed after hanging up another call with the associates. She had only few hours of sleep and her headache was killing her, but since this was her choice, she had better do it well. "Mr Jung...Miss Seo is busy..please.." Joohyun heard Mr Kim's voice outside. "It's alright, let him in." Joohyun said loudly. "Seo Joohyun~" Yonghwa grinned. "Yes Mr Jung Yonghwa, how can I help you?" Her eyes not leaving her stack of files. "I've got another idea for our proposal, let's talk over lunch!" Yonghwa said excitedly. Lunch? She has not even eaten her breakfast, she suddenly remembered. "Okay, give me a minute." Joohyun said as she finished up before standing up.

Blood rushed to her head as her vision turned black.

"Joohyun! Seo Joohyun! Are you alright? Hey!" Yonghwa tapped her cheeks and shook her lightly. Seeing that she had no reaction, he carried her on his arms, went out of her office and asked for Mr Kim's help.

===

She was holding onto her favorite Keroro doll, talking gibberish to it. She was in the car, going somewhere she did not seemed to know. It then happened, sudden breaks, screeching tyres, loud screaming..then everything ended with a loud bang. "Joohyun-ah!" Someone called out weakly. "Joohyunnie!!!" She heard again. Before everything, out.

"NO!" Joohyun's eyes shot open as she scanned the surroundings, heart beating loudly. She found herself in one of the resort's room, but why was she there, she could not remember. "Joohyun-ssi! You're awake!" Yonghwa said as he rushed towards the bed upon hearing her scream."Yonghwa-ssi? Why am I here?" She asked weakly.

"Are you alright? Did you had a nightmare? You fainted after agreeing to join me for lunch. Shoot do you have to faint on me every time?! The doctor said it was due to exhaustion." Yonghwa explained. "Oh... I see. So it wasn't a car accident.." Her words faded softly. "Accident? What accident?" Yonghwa asked. "I dreamt that I got into an accident, a man and a woman was calling out my name when we crashed, I think." Joohyun said as she tried sitting up. "Have you gotten into one before?" He probed. "I don't know, I can't remember. I can only remember things from the Cho family, when I was 15." She replied. "When you were 15? So you joined the Cho's clan when you were 15?" Yonghwa tried to digest the information.

It was exactly the time where his SJH had disappeared from his life.

"Let's just enjoy our dinner, I've already have them ready beside the pool." Yonghwa smiled as he held his hand out towards her. Joohyun looked at Yonghwa's hand hesitantly. Should she accept? Why does she feel so nervous? Jung Yonghwa is just like a business partner to her. Nothing more... Joohyun shook her thoughts off as she gave her hand to Yonghwa. His hand felt warm, a little different from Kyuhyun's. Yonghwa grinned as Joohyun held his hand, his heart was doing multiple somersaults inside and it was hard to contain his smile. Holding her hand gently, as though it was fragile, he led her to the pool and pulled her chair out for her, before settling himself down.

"What is it like to be in love?" Joohyun asked, as they sat down by the poolside staring at the sky after dinner. Strangely enough, she had minimal knowledge of love. She did not have a normal childhood unlike the others. She was always surrounded by bodyguards, protected. She didn't have many friends too, because of that. In fact, Joohyun finished her high school with Kyuhyun and Minho as lunch partners every single day. After Kyuhyun graduated, Minho accompanied her throughout.

"Love? Why the sudden question?" Yonghwa got a little shock from her question. "I...I'm just curious." Joohyun stuttered a little. "I'm too sure either. I've never had a girlfriend." Yonghwa shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sure the feelings will come naturally when you have found the right one." Yonghwa assured her. "I see.." Joohyun said. "It's time for me to go back. It's getting late, Kyuhyun-oppa might get worried again. Kyuhyun-oppa? Yonghwa snorted a little before standing up. "Let me send you." Joohyun nodded as she collected her stuff. "Yonghwa-ssi..Thanks for today."

===

Weeks passed quickly as the arrival of the resort expansion party approaches. Blink of an eye and it was already the opening ceremony. Business associates of both clans were invited to witness the grand event. After all, it was a shocking news to others, for the relationship between both parties were on thin ice before. The Jung and Cho elders welcomed this business proposition with open hearts.

"Thank you all, for taking time to attend our humble event." Joohyun spoke into the microphone. "It's been a pleasure working with the Jungs. This business proposition has underwent severe brainstorming, effort and sweat, with the best research and development team in helping us achieve the best results...."

As the crowd applaused warmly after Joohyun ended her speech, Kyuhyun's father, Mr Cho, took over the microphone. "With this joyous atmosphere, I would also like to take the chance to announce the wedding between my son, Cho Kyuhyun, and someone whom we've considered daughter years ago... Seo Joohyun."

Joohyun and Kyuhyun stood us as they bowed to the crowd. There was a slight smile on Seohyun's face as she nodded to the crowd while her fellow colleagues cheered on. Kyuhyun was grinning happily. However, Yonghwa could not believe his ears. Just few weeks back, Joohyun asked him about love, and now, she's getting married. Had she figured out what is love already? Angered and shocked by the sudden announcement, he stood up and left the event. Joohyun noticed Yonghwa's departure as her eyes followed his back.

Where is he going?

 


Our Joohyun is debuting in a musical! I'm so happy and proud of her, really, what can this girl not do? ^^