8-2

Bits and Pieces

After dinner, the adults settled down in the living room as they updated about their lives to one another. Seohyun and Yunho only sat quietly at a side listening, while Seohyun occasionally glanced over at Yunho to see if he had any plans of exposing her to their parents. "Yunho-ah! Bring Seohyun to the convenience store and get some drinks for us! You young people should have more things to talk about rather than listening to us old folks." Mr Jung suggested in the middle of their conversation. "Yeah Seohyun, go on with Yunho!" Mr Seo agreed.

Without much choice, Seohyun stood up as she followed Yunho. It was awkward, and she did not know what to say. Yunho was quiet too. Should she apologize for her actions earlier on? But she wasn't in the wrong though, he was the one who bullied the students. "Hey, look, I'm sorry for kicking you earlier on. I guess I acted in a rash without thinking about the consequences." Seohyun said, breaking the silence. "Yeah you did gave me a shock. A lady like you actually kicked me pretty hard. Did you learn martial arts by any chance?" Yunho joked. Seohyun blushed as she heard his reply, it must have been really unfeminine for her to act like that, her image was ruined, she thought.

"I hope it did not leave any bruise on you, did it?" Seohyun asked. "Nah, it just hurt a little." Yunho said and lapsed back into silence. "W-why did you hit those guys?" She tried to continue the conversation. It was after all, uncomfortable to be walking with a stranger you barely know. "Why? Are you that curious?" Yunho asked. "I-I'm just...well, maybe I've wronged you for your actions without asking the reason or so you know.." Seohyun said slowly. "They drove my friend out of school, he had no choice but to leave because of the mental stress they gave him." Yunho said silently, but Seohyun heard anger in his voice.  "I'm sorry...to think I actually reprimanded you, not knowing the reason. Sorry.." Seohyun frowned as guilt filled her mind.

"Well it's not your fault, many people do look at things based on the appearance and judge them. I'm pretty used to that." Yunho said casually, not knowing his words made Seohyun even more guilty. "No! I don't want to be like that, I admit it was a slip on my judgement this time round, but..I'm not someone like that." Seohyun explained quickly. "Well I don't know, you kicked me in the knee..." Yunho smirked, amused by her reaction. "I've already apologized! You're not bearing any grudges by any chance, are you?" She started to get a little agitated. "It was a joke, miss!" Yunho said as he laughed. "Tsk..."

"By the way, how old are you? You don't look like you're the same age as me to be talking so informally to me." Yunho asked. "I'm 18. Aren't we the same?" Seohyun asked. "I'm 20, your senior." Yunho replied. "Ah....I apologize Yunho-seonbae!" Seohyun said. "Call me Oppa then." He suggested. "What? I've barely known you for 3 hours, it's weird." She exclaimed. "Fine! Do whatever you want." Yunho smiled.

The night ended well, and both families bid their goodbyes. Seohyun was glad that she managed to clear the misunderstanding with Yunho, and she felt that he is actually a person with a good character, standing up for a friend who was bullied by those guys. Although he was a little blunt in his words, he did managed to capture her attention throughout their talk. Seohyun became curious about Yunho for in that instance. As for Yunho, he has never met a girl so special like Seohyun. A tough and independent girl who stands for others, knowing what's right and wrong. He's starting to find her interesting.

===

The prelims were around the corner and Seohyun was flooded with assignments that she could barely spare any time for her piano practice. It made her a little nervous since the recital was just a week's time away, and she had to represent the school and play in front of so many people during the senior's graduation ceremony. The thought gave her jitters and butterflies in her stomach. Occasionally, she would bump into Yunho in school and she would smile at him, while he would just nod at her. Yunho was always alone, and she wondered why.

"Unnie! I'm skipping lunch, I'm not hungry." Seohyun told Yoona, as she took her book with her. "Where are you going? Come join us at the table then." Yoona suggested. "It's okay, I'm going somewhere to read my book, I need some time alone, after all these hectic schoolwork." Seohyun replied. "Alright then, see you later!" Yoona said as she gave Seohyun a little hug before leaving. Seohyun made her way to the rooftop, thinking it would be quiet without much distraction from the student crowd. She wanted to spend her alone time, and reflect a little. As she opened the door to the rooftop, to her surprise, she found Yunho leaning against the wall, overlooking the scenery in front of them.

Decided to take the first step, Seohyun walked quietly and took the place beside him. "What are you doing here, Yunho-seonbae." Seohyun asked, as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the spring breeze blowing at her face. "That should be my question though, this is my usual place." Yunho said. "Well, I needed time off from the crowd, so I'm here. Guess I'm not alone after all." Seohyun joked. "I can leave if you want to.." "No! Stay! It's fine, you were here first anyway." Seohyun immediately grabbed Yunho's arms to stop him from leaving.

Yunho glanced at her hand on his wrist then look back at her. Seohyun caught his gesture and immediately removed her hand. "Sorry! I...well..I..." She did not know what to say. "Let's just sit." This time round, it was Yunho's turn to pull Seohyun's arm towards the ground. They fell into silence again, not knowing what to say.

"How's your revision coming up? You're graduating this year right." Seohyun asked. "I don't really study." Yunho answered her casually. "Why? Unless you're a genius..are the modules so easy?" Seohyun laughed. "It's pretty easy though. If you look at it in a simpler way. People tend to complicate things." Yunho said. Seohyun took a little while as she tried to digest Yunho's words. "Maybe you're right..I guess the stress that we gave ourselves adds on to the complications. What about your plans after graduation?" She asked. "Honestly, I don't know. There's never an exact route for me, I like challenges, and changes are pretty challenging. I guess I will just take whatever that are thrown to me." He said. "Has anyone told you, you're too mature for you age?" Seohyun chuckled. "Not really, they don't seem to talk to me as comfortably as you do." Yunho said, eyes fixed on Seohyun. "Well, you're pretty straight to the point, and it's kinda fun talking to you, because boys your age are always talking about girls whom they want to date." She explained. "Don't you have any girl in mind? I'm sure you do right?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Schooling girls are too immature. I can't stand those girls, squealing at the sight of guys giving them attention." Yunho replied honestly. "That I agree, they could have used the time for something better, but in any case, they do make school life interesting in a way. At least it is not always serious around here, that would be pretty boring." Seohyun said."Ah! Break is over, that's fast!" Seohyun checked her watch as she hopped up from the ground. "Let's go back to class!" She looked at Yunho. "Go on first, I feel like relaxing here a little longer." Yunho said as he smiled at her. "Alright! Hope we can talk to each other again, like how we just did. Yunho-seonbae! It was nice talking to you, it feels like I learn something new every time we talk. Good luck for your exams!" Seohyun said as she smiled cheerfully, before waving goodbye to him.

If time could stop, Yunho wished it was now. Seohyun's smile was so beautiful in his eyes. She looked so positive, like an energy pill that made him feel like everything would be alright.


I'm always starting a story without a complete storyline in my head, hence, I always have trouble thinking about how to continue on. Hope I wouldn't disappoint with this :) Anyway, I chose Yunho because he always has this mysterious vibe when you look at him, at least to me. So to those who were disappointed about this pairing, please wait patiently :) Lastly, Merry Christmas to all of you! Enjoy this festive occasion with your love ones :)