7-2

Bits and Pieces

"Young master, I've scanned through all the ladies in a clan with the initials of 'SJH'. The only female that matches this initials is a lady by the name Seo Joohyun." Butler Kim reported to Jung Yonghwa of his findings. "Tell me more about her." Yonghwa said as his eyes remained glued to his computer screen. "She is a member of the Cho clan. Her parents have passed away when she was 15, since then, she has joined the Cho clan. The reason being she was betrothed to the only son of the Cho clan, Cho Kyuhyun." Butler Kim continued. "Bring her to me, without hurting her. Thank you Butler Kim."

===

Joohyun woke up as the sun shone into her room through her windows. It was 7am in the morning as she continued with her daily routine. The Cho family has given her a resort to manage, since they have always treated her like their daughter. They knew she was a smart girl, and could pick things up quickly. Under her management, the resort had flourished over the years, and has became one of the top tourist destination in Seoul. Joohyun was good at negotiating and analyzing, and this helped her clinched many business deals that had benefitted the resort itself.

Upon reaching the resort, she parked and locked her car, before executing her usual routine, that is, to walk around the resort with a team of management, hearing feedbacks and reports of the resort's functioning. This would usually last for 5 hours, then she would leave the resort and meet Kyuhyun at his office. As usual, after bidding her co-workers farewell, Joohyun walked to her private car park. Before she could unlock the door, she was pulled back strongly by her arms, and was pushed harshly against her car. "I want to meet Cho Kyuhyun." The stranger said menacingly. Joohyun smirked as she looked at the stranger in his eyes. "What makes you think I would bring you there?" The stranger was not fazed with Joohyun's confidence, instead, his grip became stronger.

"Tell me, before I injure you." The stranger repeated. Joohyun immediately turned her back at the stranger, twisting his arms, as she back kicked the stranger in his stomach. However, the guy did not seemed to be in pain by Joohyun's attack. Instead, he took out a knife from his back pocket as he charged towards her. The fight between them became intense, as they were trying hard to bring each other down. Joohyun managed to kick the knife off the guy's hand as she went on top of him, hitting him repeatedly in his face. As the guy struggled, he managed to reach out for the knife on the ground and slashed her in her hips.

Joohyun groaned in pain, and immediately snatched the knife and pushed it into the guy's stomach. The guy screamed in agony as he stopped struggling. Joohyun got up but lost her balance due to the pain at her hips. She stumbled towards her car and managed to pull out a first aid box that she kept for emergency whenever she executes missions. Cleaning up her wound and wrapping it up briefly, she took some painkillers to stop the pain, at least till she reach her apartment.

===

It was a long and torturing journey back home, Joohyun managed to get herself out of accidents since the pain was badly distracting her mind. She pulled over quickly, and got out of her car, to only get captured in the wrists again. The only difference was, she was surround by a gang of men in suits. She knew she had no chance to put up a fight with her current condition, and had to follow them to see where they would bring her too. Maybe till then she could figure out how to get herself out along the way there.

Despite the pain in her hips, Joohyun managed to keep her eyes open, trying to look for familiar landmarks. The route was too familiar, but she couldn't remember where. It was when the car entered a huge mansion. Jung family's mansion, where she broke in a week ago. Did they found out she was the one who stole the secret document? It was quite impossible since there was no way the clan could figure her out so quickly. Her thoughts then drew her to the missing anklet, she must have dropped it when she encountered the youngest master.

Joohyun was led to a huge spacious room as they made her sit down on the sofa. After awhile, the door opened again, revealing Jung Yonghwa, the youngest son of the Jung family. "Leave the room." He told the bodyguards. "Seo Joohyun-ssi...am I right?" Jung Yonghwa looked into Joohyun's eyes with an amusing expression.

"What do you want?" Joohyun replied, even though she sounded weaker than normal, anger could be heard from her voice. "This must be yours." Yonghwa held the anklet at one end, leaving in dangle in front of Joohyun. "You were the one who broke in a week ago." Joohyun, not breaking away from his eyes, stood up as she replied "If you're asking for the document, I don't have it. Hence, I do not see the point in wasting more time here." Joohyun panted a little, the pain was almost unbearable now, she needed to escape, and maybe call Kyuhyun for help. "What do you want from the Jung family, Seo Joohyun-ssi. I supposed the secret document has information that is precious to your clan." Yonghwa ignored Joohyun's answer as he continued with what he wanted to know.

"I've told you, I don't have the document. I have no idea. So.." Before Joohyun could finish her sentence, she was engulfed by darkness as her body lost all the strength that she had tried so hard to hang on. The pain was excruciating and she was too weak to remain conscious, allowing herself to fall.

"Seo Joohyun-ssi! Seo Joohyun!" Yonghwa caught her in time before she fell to the ground. He tried hitting her face multiple times to keep her conscious but to no avail. Yonghwa then removed her jacket and realized the blood stain on her white tank top. Joohyun was bleeding profusely and the blood had sipped through the bandage.

"Butler Kim!"