4-1

Bits and Pieces

“I will send my document to you when I’m done with it, as soon as possible. Bye, Changmin!” Seohyun said as she ended the call while flipping through her notes for her assignment. It was nearing the end of the semester and she has so many assignments on hand, there was barely time for herself, needless to say, for him. However, Seohyun was glad that Yunho was able to understand since he was one of them who added on to her assignment list.

“Seo…rest awhile and let us have dinner.” Yunho said as he walked out of the kitchen, removing his apron. “Give me five more minutes, oppa, let me collate the information here and I will be done.” She said politely, eyes not leaving the stack of notes. Yunho smiled at his girlfriend, while shaking his head. When it comes to school work, there’s no place for argument, Seo Joohyun would forsake meals to perfect her assignments.

Five minutes later, as Seohyun kept her word, she sat opposite Yunho as she beamed at the table full of her favorite dishes. “Wow Professor, I’m pretty sure you’re teaching the wrong subject.” She teased, knowing Yunho hates it when she calls him by his occupation. It was hard for him to tolerate when Seohyun had to address him as Professor Jung when he takes her class for lectures. The last thing he wanted to hear was her calling him that in their personal space. “Seo Joohyun, one more time and it’s detention for you.” Yunho said sternly, tryng to keep his laughter in. “Sorry Professor…I won’t do it again. But can we leave the detention for the next time, I’m famished!” Seohyun said cutely, knowing Yunho would definitely fall for it.

They started chatting over dinner about school and all, but Seohyun has never once asked Yunho for help in the subject that he was teaching in her class. And Yunho has never tried offering her help, as he was fully aware that Seohyun would definitely flare up since it is against her integrity to receive exclusive benefits from a teacher. She had already broken her own rules by dating her own proessor, but it was out of control. There was no way they could control the feelings they had for each other, moreover, they were adults and they knew what they were doing. As long as they do not do anything against their conscience, nothing will go wrong. Even so, it was hard for them to be close to each other in school. Any wrong move or suspicions by others, the both of them would be in trouble and kicked out of the school with a bad name.

Even though Seohyun have finally agreed to move in with Yunho three months back since she was alone in Seoul, they slept in a separate room mainly because Yunho did not want anything to happen between them before they are married. He respected her request without hesitation. And Seohyun was glad to find a man like him, because it took her a lot of courage to accept this relationship, especially one with her own professor. To her, Yunho is her ideal type since he matches her personality perfectly. He was so different from guys her age, definitely much more mature, but also childish in his own manner that attracted her so much.

“I see Shim Changmin is interested in you…” Yunho suddenly mentioned, while keeping his eyes on his food, a little guilty for feeling jealous. “Oppa…don’t you trust me?” Seohyun smiled, knowing where this topic would lead them to. “I do…I just don’t trust him. After all, he is best friends with Cho Kyuhyun, and the both of them are notorious for getting into troubles. “Oppa..you know they are not that bad, they are just playful.” Seohyun defended, being classmates with them since high school. “Yeah…but still…” Unable to continue, Yunho slowly drifted off from his words.

“Well oppa, you should know that since I’ve chosen to be with you, these will things that I am willing to give up. You know that right?” Seohyun said, knowing the insecurity Yunho is feeling. “Alright…I’m sorry. I’m just a little jealous because I saw him hanging his arm around your shoulders this afternoon.” Yunho confessed. “Ah that…we are just really close friends, nothing more. Don’t worry!” She laughed at his jealousy. They finished up with dinner and Seohyun helped to clean up before returning to her assignment. “Don’t finish up too late, rest earlier alright?” Yunho said as he proceeded to his room to do some work after giving Seohyun a hug and a kiss on her forehead.

“I will oppa, you too. And…let’s spend some time together after the final exams.” Seohyun added, giving Yunho a sweet smile that warmed up his heart.