8-1

Bits and Pieces

Seohyun was raised as the prim and proper girl. She was 13, when she proudly proclaimed to her parents that she will never get a boyfriend until she reaches the age of 21. The guy she marry must be taller, smarter and at least two years older than her, has to be polite, filial and understanding. Never mind about money, she believes they would be able to get through if he is determined to work hard. Never mind about the handsome features he possess, just a pretty face cannot get them far. However, the type of guy she will avoid at all cost. Bad boys. Such guys are known as heart breakers, playing hard to get. Never would she waste her time on such guys. Still, boys were never her priority for now, she only sees them just like any other normal human being. She has never fell in love with any boys, and she could never get the hint that guys desperately tried to relate to her.

Studying and piano were Seohyun's interest and priorities. In fact, she did extremely well in both aspects, to the extent where her parents began to worry. "Seohyun, you should meet Mr Kim's son. He is close to what you want as a future husband." Seohyun's mother suggested. "Mom, I've no time for that. I'm practicing for my piano appraisal next month. Do you think Mr Kim's son would be willing to sit here for 4 hours with me every day?" Seohyun smiled as she knew the answer already. Seohyun's mother could only sigh.

"Seohyun-ah! Look! Jinwoon is looking at you again! Just accept him already!!" Taeyeon said excitedly as she glanced over where Jinwoon was standing. "Of course not Unnie! How could that be possible? You know we've never talked." Seohyun replied as she continued solving her maths question. "You're gonna be left on rack if you continue to be this ignorant and picky, Hyun!" Sooyoung added as she sighed at the younger girl. "I'm still waiting for the right one to come, and it would be when I'm 21!" Seohyun grinned.

Seohyun walked to her locker to get her books ready for her next lecture after bidding her friends goodbye. As she shut her locker carefully, she got distracted by a racket caused by some people coming from the garden. There should not be anyone there right now since break time was almost over. Curious, she walked over to take a look, and got a shock from the scene in front of her. A few students were injured lying on the ground, as one guy stood strong among all of them. He had a few bruises on his face, but were far from serious compared to those on the ground.

Feeling injustice out of integrity, Seohyun walked towards the last guy standing. "What do you think you're doing?!" She said angrily. "Leave us alone young lady, you're giving too much hoot to someone else's business." The guy said, unbothered by her presence. "No! You should not be doing this to other students, I'm reporting you to the discipline master!" Seohyun said as she turned her heels, making her way to the office. "Do whatever you want." The guy muttered as he walked away, not even giving her a second look.

Seohyun was shocked by the guy's attitude. He had hurt those students badly, how can he walk away without feeling any remorse? Without thinking much, she ran towards the guy and kicked him in the knee. The guy was unprepared for this to happen and he fell and clutched his knee, groaning in pain. "What the f..." He cussed. "This is called having a taste of your own medicine. I'm teaching you to be nice to others, how would you feel if your friends were beaten up like that? You get angry right? So put yourself in other people's shoes before doing anything reckless. Got it? I'm letting you go this time by not reporting this matter to the office. But I won't be nice the next time round if I see you bullying others again. I believe everyone gets a second chance no matter what they do." Seohyun smiled as she picked up her books and made her way to her class. "Crazy ..some guts she has there." The guy smirked as he looked at Seohyun walk away.

===

Worries finally invaded Seohyun's thoughts as sat in her class. What if the guy hunts her down for revenge? Would he hit her like how he'd hit those guys? No he wouldn't. He's a guy, how could he lay his hands on a girl right? But she hit him first..

Yoona saw Seohyun staring into the space, oblivious to her surroundings, she then crept behind her and called her loudly. "Seohyun-ah!! Time to go home!!" Seohyun jumped from her sit, thinking it was the guy whom she kicked just now. "Unnie! You scared me!" She exclaimed. "Haha! What were you thinking about anyway? This is the first time I've seen you not paying attention!" Yoona asked as she held her tummy from laughing too much. "Nothing! I'm just bored. Let's go home!" Seohyun pushed everything into her bag, not bothering to put them in nicely like usual. Somehow, she felt safer to leave the school as soon as possible before the guy catches up with her.

Seohyun bid Yoona farewell as the bus arrived at her stop. She was able to forget about the incident earlier on for a little while, until she was alone again. After all, she had always stayed out of trouble, and she had no idea why did she tried to play heroine this time round.

"Ahhhh I'm not gonna think about it anymore." Seohyun groaned as she closed the door. "Think about what, Seohyun?" Her mom asked as she entered the living room. "Ah..nothing. Just something that happened in school." Seohyun said as she sighed. "Alright, go wash up, we're going over to Uncle Jung's place. He has invited us over for dinner." Seohyun's mom said as she gave her a pat on her shoulders and left her on her own.

===

"Hi Uncle and Aunt Jung!" Seohyun greeted them cheerfully as they welcomed them to their house. "Welcome! Dinner is ready! Go take a seat!" Mr Jung said as the ladies and men gathered separately and continued with their small chats. "Son! Come down now! Our guests have arrived!" Mr Jung called from the living room.

As they all settled down on the dining table, a guy came down the stairs groggily, as though he was woken up from his sleep. "Hurry and greet our guest! Mr and Mrs Seo, and their daughter, Seohyun." Mrs Jung said.

"Good evening Mr and Mrs Seo..." He bowed as he turned his eyes and look at the lady in front of him. "Hi Seohyun, I'm Yunho." He raises his eyebrow and smirked as he recognized her from the incident at school earlier on.