9-2

Bits and Pieces

"Wahhh you must have cooked often, Joohyun-ah. Yunho hyung is such a lucky guy." Changmin exclaimed as he slurped down his pasta loudly. "Really? Oppa has never mentioned anything about my cooking though." Joohyun commented. "How's your finger?" She asked. "Ah, it's just a small cut, I'm a man! I'm not afraid of pain." Changmin laughed. Joohyun nodded, and they lapsed into awkward silence again, not sure what to talk about.

"Joohyun, you know...why not let's go on a date this Sunday." Changmin suggested out of a sudden. "Eh? A date?" Joohyun said, a little shocked. "Yeah, you know..just the two of us. A friendly date, nothing more than that." He continued, a little cautious not to show his nervousness. "I'm..going to the gym.." Joohyun replied. Changmin sighed a little loudly from the disappointment. Sure he did not put much hope that Joohyun would agree, but after all, it took him a lot of courage to ask her out. "But I'd be free in the noon." She suddenly said.

"It's o..wait what! So you've agreed to go on a date with me?!" Changmin straightened his back and he shot up excitedly. "Seriously Joohyun! You have agreed, so you can't back out now! Pinky promise!!" He shoved his pinky to Joohyun's and hooked it around tightly and happily. "Oh god, thank you!!!"

Joohyun felt warm and fuzzy inside. At that time, she did not understand why did Changmin get so excited. It was just a friendly date, like what he has said, but did he have to be that happy? Most of all, why did she agreed to his suggestion? Her decisions sometimes surprises herself too.

"Joohyun-ah! I'm home!" Yunho said as he walked into the dining room. Out of instinct, Joohyun pulled her finger away a little too quickly but Yunho still managed to catch the moment. She was blushing madly, hoping that her brother did not saw anything. "Changmin-ah, seriously, you came here for food right?" Yunho questioned, at the same time amused by the situation in front of him. "Your sister cooks well, she makes a good wife!" Changmin exclaimed. "What the...get away from her!" Yunho smacked him a little too hard on his head as he shoved him away.

"I saw that, Joohyun." Yunho whispered as Changmin collected the dishes and headed to the kitchen. "Saw what Oppa?" Joohyun replied, avoiding eye contact as she picked up a cloth to clean the table "Nevermind." Yunho smirked as he left for his room. Joohyun sat down and heaved a sigh of relief. At least her brother decided to stop asking.

"It's just a friendly date, Joohyun! Why are you so nervous!!" Joohyun whispered to herself and hit her own head lightly.

===

"You have ice-cream at the side of your lips." Changmin said as he used his thumb to clean it away gently. "Y-yeah? Th-thanks..." Joohyun replied, cheeks slowly turning into a tint of pink. Changmin smiled, he found Joohyun so cute and shy, unlike her usual reaction. They were walking along Hangang River, and since it was a weekend, there were lots of people spending their Sundays lazing about, enjoying the peace. However, it was not helping that majority were couples cuddling together, some were even kissing. Joohyun was getting a little uncomfortable with the scene, however, Changmin was just walking casually beside her, he did not seemed to mind the rest at all.

"Why did you ask me out on a date?" Joohyun asked, as they settled down on the bench overlooking the river. "I want to get to know you more, and I hope you can know more about me too." Changmin answered without any hesitation. "I find it a little unfair for you to judge me since I am a little more aggressive in pursuing you. I hope you do not find me being not serious." He said sincerely. Joohyun chuckled a little, as memories of Changmin rushing towards here flow into her mind. He was indeed aggressive, making her fuming mad at the unwanted attention from her schoolmates. "Why are you laughing?" Changmin asked as he looked at her quizzically. "You were indeed aggressive, oppa, but what made you did all that?" She asked. As much as Joohyun is a matured girl, she has limited knowledge of love, though she believed she would definitely find the right one when the time comes.

"I guess, the adrenaline from seeing the girl you like, well it's kind of unstoppable. You just want to get her attention all the time." Changmin said shamelessly. "Am I too straightfoward?" He then realized. "N-no...I like your honesty. Rather than the pretense people are putting up lately." Joohyun replied. "It's just that...I'm rather new to all these. Sorry for being so curious." She apologized. "I do owe you an apology, for being so loud always." He smiled as he stretched his arms and rest them behind his head.

It felt right, and comfortable, to be sitting down with Joohyun with the sun setting in front of them. How he wished he could do this as a routine, if she ever allows. "Changmin-oppa..I have to confess." Joohyun spoke. "Yeah?" Changmin raised his eyebrow. "I have set this little rule for myself, that I will not be in a relationship until I am done with my studies. I may not know about love, but as much as every relationship brings about happiness, the sadness doubles. I'm afraid I may not be able to control my emotions, and thus affect my studies." She explained. Changmin looked at her awhile before avoiding her gaze again. "But Oppa..you know..after I graduate..we can still...you know..." She drifted off, a little too embarrassed to continue her words.

Changmin looked back immediately as he finally registered her words. Was she telling him that she is willing to give the both of them a chance to try it out? Did he heard wrongly? "I...I did not heard you wrongly, did I?" He said, a little too excited. Joohyun smiled as she shook her head lightly. "Wo-woah....Joohyun..." And he embraced her tightly in his arms, giving her no time to react as her eyes widened in shock. Then he realized that he went a little overboard and immediately released her. "I'm sorry...I'm just...too happy. No, I'm going crazy!!" Changmin smiled really widely as his eyes mismatched in glee. Joohyun smiled a little as she stared at Changmin's face. He was indeed cute, no wonder his fan girls, and he had been really sincere all these while. The hug felt really warm.

===

"They are here." Kris said as he overlooked the two of them, eyes dangerously flashing in anger. He could not hear their conversation, but he was definitely not pleased with their body gestures. "I know, I think it's time to move on to the next stage." He then replied to the person over the phone.

 


Apologies people, I know I know..the last time I updated this was...Feb? So so sorry. But I had to prepare for my exams, with all the stress I wasn't able to come up with anything. So I just graduated, and went for a holiday. Hopefully I would have more time to write. Thank you for reading, if you're still here, and I hope I would be updating Daily Happenings soon. Thank you, and have a nice day :)